Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Question Getting rid of '05 Cuore's Windscreen "circular scratches"

Salam everyone.

My Cuor? (2005) got the common windscreen scratches that make driving at night a real pain (use of bad wipers, yeah). They are simply circular scratches that show up when a light shines on the screen, and while driving, the lights of cars in the other lane cause a nasty glare in the whole screen; so much so that I have to slow down the car in order to avoid collision with something. They're not deep (although there are a few deep scratches too, at one place).

I have done a lot of research on these scratches and their possible remedies (yes, also on PW forums, you people are the real car geeks!). However, I still have a question. What could be the possible after-effects of getting the windscreen polished (with the polish, not the sandpaper polish which literally grinds and removes a layer of the glass). Most people here strictly advise against polish, while some had really good results. What if I get it done from an experienced guy? (is there one?)

Getting a new car is out of the question at the moment. And so is getting the windscreen replaced (don't you think if/when I take this car for sale, the buyer would definitely ask WHY I got the windscreen replaced- and "oh, because some invisible scratches couldn't let me drive" won't be a really acceptable answer, right?! They'll assume the car has been in a bad accident and that's why the windscreen was replaced. In short, that's also a no-no, for now).

So, polish or no polish? Any after-effects, if so, what are they? Any other remedy? I'm in Lahore, so please also advise where to get it done from (Mozang?)

Thanks in advance

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

No one?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

boss, no polish coz there is no such remedy for the circular scratches ....just simply replace ur windscreen and enjoy safe driving in all condition. Scratches means the liquor coating o the windscreen has lost is strength or the previous owner had already got it buffed from market.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Better change the screen, scratches cant be removed with polish only...
    Usually rottary buffer along with abrassive polish is used and that can be risky as after that glass becomes fragile and can break with little force.

So better change the screen altogether... cost would be 3-6ks I guess.

5. 12-05-2015, 08:31 PM

Site Banned

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List