Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to install RPM / tachometer in Cuore?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default How to install RPM / tachometer in Cuore?

Guys, need some help, I got a DIY digital tachometer kit from Australia and spent two days doing soldering, assembling and testing.

Now I am stuck to install it in the car, it has standard 3 wires for +12v, Ground and Coil -ve. I can see clearly in Mehran a wire going from the coil to the point which is the Coil -ve wire usually.

However, in Cuore the small thing installed with the porcelin resistor looks very different. Can anybody guide me which wire to use?

Also an electrician working on my Mehran said that tachometers are installed using a wire from the generator, never heard of this, what are your thoughts about this?

Thanks in advance.
    Waiting for the day people start obeying laws of the road while on the road... sigh!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ser_gtr good deal, however, nothing like that would be available for a Cuore, so installing an external was my only option, and I needed something small so that I can fit it in sight while not blocking anything else.

@kdiesel, finding something in plaza is not easy, I usually take some veteran with me because of this.

However, I would think the places to find digital tachos would be Tariq road and Zamzama. But then again, these places would be more expensive than plaza and sher shah. There are also some small markets mushrooming in the city like near Aisha Manzil, KDA chowrangi, Jail Chowrangi, Mukka Chowk, etc. But the craftsmanship is really poor at some places.
    Waiting for the day people start obeying laws of the road while on the road... sigh!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@tazzix, I also checked this on jaycar.com but they are out of stock. I will try to find out in ZamZama I think they carry good stuff.
    www.projector-point.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Weird it is out of stock, did I order the last piece anyways, please send a picture and let us know how much you get one for, once you got something you like.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    488 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hello!
    yaar as i am like intersted in that kinda stuff so i usually do so...since
    kdiesel..u can find 86 Rolla cluster but if u won't wanna mess with cluster.......no problem....get some small from Plaza ..u will find it yaar.....in opposite to plaza...there are many big shops..........i seen many small tacho installed in Cuore Santro's and Vitz....!
    Thanxxx
    TOYOTA Sprinter 86- AE80 DOHC 20v'D TOYOTA Corolla 98- AE101 4AFE 16v

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Red face a question in relation to quote # 10

i bot a TYPE-R tachometer, installing on cuore

... it has three wires... and ur details give a good idea for red, black and green wire... kindly reply at two confusions

1. if i connect the red wire to a toggle switch, (which i also use for underfloor lights), wil that harm the tacho in case i have red wire switched off, but the signal keeps coming from green wire....

2. plz refer to the quote # 10 ... the pic shows the resistor... i realize that if i take signal b4 resistor then it wil put heavy load on the tacho... and if i put the signal after than obviously its not that heavy current (and safe for tacho) ... is it so ?

(plz also tel me which side is b4 the resistor and which side is after, or how to check) both wires go inside the coil ... there is no indication or tracebility

How to install RPM  tachometer in Cuore? -379655

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by syedsarosh View Post
    i bot a TYPE-R tachometer, installing on cuore

... it has three wires... and ur details give a good idea for red, black and green wire... kindly reply at two confusions

1. if i connect the red wire to a toggle switch, (which i also use for underfloor lights), wil that harm the tacho in case i have red wire switched off, but the signal keeps coming from green wire....

2. plz refer to the quote # 10 ... the pic shows the resistor... i realize that if i take signal b4 resistor then it wil put heavy load on the tacho... and if i put the signal after than obviously its not that heavy current (and safe for tacho) ... is it so ?

(plz also tel me which side is b4 the resistor and which side is after, or how to check) both wires go inside the coil ... there is no indication or tracebility

How to install RPM / tachometer in Cuore? - 379655
    Resistor is on the positive of the coil and useless for the signal connection of tacho. So before or after resistor no use.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@smijaz ... thanks bro ... but then plz identify whr to place the green.... i tried it on an output at distributor ... the needle rose up but very less like till 500rpm .. was nt rising with acceleration ... i used a very thin wire for the signal wire exctension ..can this be a reason

plz help

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

cuore is 3 cylinder... this tacho has a switch at the back which says ... 4, 6, 8... is it marking for cylinders or something else?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Cool the coil dilemma

i have now replaced tacho for 3 cyl system... then connected the green wire to the output at the condensor, and it worked ... and i also expeirenced some reduction in car power, during acceleration and running...

and the manual of the tacho says, to connect to negative of the coil....

now if u see in the attached pic, the coil has 4 wires out of it (the yellow circle in pic)
    ... which one to connect to ? thats a question for better output location...

can anyone stil help ... i hoped betr out of pakwheels...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List