I just bought a 2012 model Mira ES. I have thoroughly read the ES fan club thread and other threads but I still have a couple of questions and concerns. I would be much thankful if somebody can help me.
1. It has Eco Idle which seems to be working but I don't use it much because I think it's not going to make any difference with mileage. Does Eco Idle do something more than just idling and starting car at dead stops?
2. It is currently giving low mileage, far more lower than my expectations, it is giving 13km/L. My drive is in small patches, usually 6-7 kms a day and in small patches.
3. It has blue meter with two small screens, one on left and one on right. What does the meter at left shows? it has things such as 22mL.
4. It comes with a navigation that has an SD card, now is there any way we can tamper the sd card to change the language? I have thoroughly searched the sdcard for any file such as loading.kwi but it doesn't have. It has eclipse software, I have been searching if I can find an eclipse setup of Sd card, European or American but failed.
I have read somebody saying that Eco idle only saves 1 mL in 10 seconds, what does this means?
Many here and otherwise mistakenly equate engine capacity with mileage. That is only valid up to certain extent.
The lower engine capacity means that while bearing similar weight (passenger, luggage, etc) the lower capacity engine will have to work harder to maintain speed and in start/stop conditions and thus any high fuel mileage obtained under specific favorable conditions will vaporize. On the other hand, a higher CC engine with similar loading will have to work less hard thereby giving better mileage.
Driving style/aggressiveness and keeping RPMs in the sweet spot also matter a lot.
Did you change oils and other fluids after your purchase?
1. it just shuts the engine down when u stop the car to save fuel while idling.
2. use 0w20 oil or zic 5w20. put in high octane fully or partially when refueling. keep tyre pressure at 34 or 32 for better comfort.(38 is recommended). get the throttle body cleaned.
3. the 22ml is the amount of petrol u have saved while the engine was off due to eco idling. the screen also shows range, temp and other useless stuff.
4.i don't think the language of these Japanese players can be changed.