36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Cuore 2000 suspension, engine work

I recently bought a used 2000 model cuore.it was checked by my friend & car electrician who told us about this car.i don't know about car history of repairs but body is good in shape.my friend checked body for rust& said OK while electrician recommended to buy saying if you spend 20-25K on car it will be fit.i bought car in 3lac 20 thousands.i took car to Toyota workshop for checkup.They told suspension needs work,front wheel bearing,left lower arm bush,tie rod work,steering boot,caliper kit,rear wheel bearing etc.Tomorrow they will tell me cost of new parts.Labour charges will be 4000 & steering reula repair will be 2000.‎
    Now about engine they told it is weak,needs overhaul,timing seal & some other seals are leaking,water is mixing with oil,crank sound on high acceleration.For engine work Toyota mechanic says if I purchase Toyota parts it will cost around 1 lac & if I fix deal with mechanic it will cost around 65K he will use kabli parts.
    Tyres also need to be replaced.‎
    I am learning driving these days.Please suggest how should I proceed.Keep learning to drive without any work on car ?Do suspension,wheels work first & engine in the end?any other suggestion.[IMG]Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1453910321766.jpg
Views: 995
Size:  25.5 KB[/IMG]

Similar Threads:

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dayrider View Post
    So in 8 months, complete bore as well as ring piece twice. Either your mechanic was an idiot or you weren't careful during the running period. This is just insane amounts of money spent, did you get all the work done from the same mechanic?

Sent from my HTC One using PW Forums mobile app

comeon, i wouldnt do that, all the work done in peshawar, bore once done in taxila..
    Which of my photographs is my favorite? The one I?m going to take tomorrow ....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by owais8668 View Post
    comeon, i wouldnt do that, all the work done in peshawar, bore once done in taxila..
    Many are misinformed as to how to handle a vehicle in running and small mistakes cost a fortune in that. I can't understand how this could happen. Can you elaborate as to what happened each time

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Many are misinformed as to how to handle a vehicle in running and small mistakes cost a fortune in that. I can't understand how this could happen. Can you elaborate as to what happened each time

as i mentioned earlier, for cuore engine overhaul is the best option, as mostly mechanics and experts advices, but for that you have to find an expert mechanic and top class parts, in my view some fault is of mechanic as he was not good at all, the head was also not faced well, and also parts, the parts were not good (as to be cleared, i asked for the best parts), but that was quite unfortunate...

and if a person is spending money in any form, why he would be careless??
    engine was weak from quite sometime, that bore done the rest of it..

and then swap was the only option..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

as i mentioned earlier, for cuore engine overhaul is the best option, as mostly mechanics and experts advices, but for that you have to find an expert mechanic and top class parts, in my view some fault is of mechanic as he was not good at all, the head was also not faced well, and also parts, the parts were not good (as to be cleared, i asked for the best parts), but that was quite unfortunate...

and if a person is spending money in any form, why he would be careless??
    engine was weak from quite sometime, that bore done the rest of it..

and then swap was the only option..
    Like I said before, he would be misguided. Many don't know that a freshly bore engine shouldn't be driven above around 2.5k rpm, it shouldn't carry too much weight, shouldn't carry load, no ac, and should be run properly on petrol for a minimum of thousand kms.
    Many mechanics just say, 60 say uper nai jana

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Like I said before, he would be misguided. Many don't know that a freshly bore engine shouldn't be driven above around 2.5k rpm, it shouldn't carry too much weight, shouldn't carry load, no ac, and should be run properly on petrol for a minimum of thousand kms.
    Many mechanics just say, 60 say uper nai jana

by load its quite obvious that in any way you dont have to put weight on NEWLY bore engine, mean no ac, no weight, thats what he did, and in punjab now adays taxi's are running on petrol so he did run it on petrol, if im not mistaken he runs it like some k's on petrol...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

by load its quite obvious that in any way you dont have to put weight on NEWLY bore engine, mean no ac, no weight, thats what he did, and in punjab now adays taxi's are running on petrol so he did run it on petrol, if im not mistaken he runs it like some k's on petrol...
    Jo hogya so hogya. I bore an engine of my Khyber, it lasted till I sold it. I drove it 3500km a month

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Jo hogya so hogya. I bore an engine of my Khyber, it lasted till I sold it. I drove it 3500km a month

buddy, suzuki is some thing other to deal with , haha also got some very good and bad experiences with it, but one it comes to parts ask mehran parts from a general store they have it , just saying

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What do bore an engine mean?a new term for me

Sent from my Z10 using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by wasf View Post
    What do bore an engine mean?a new term for me

Sent from my Z10 using PW Forums mobile app
    Overhaul

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Can anybody tell how much will it cost to change the oil rings of coure
    Will the mechanic bring the whole engine out or will he just open the head and replace the rings
    and from where should I get the job done

Sent from my SM-N920C using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@dayrider today I was digging this thread & a post interested me much that 660cc efi engine costs 20K that I can get in my car.It sounds a cheap solution as I have spent much again & again & still it is same engine,same carburator,same electrical system with issue of engine turning OFF sometimes when petrol is near to end or after a refill, this issue may not come for weeks but when it comes it bothers much for a day or 2. I wasn't able to go to mechanic recommended by you in Pindi as I am going to Islamabad now after weeks,months & that too for couple of days.I saw your posts suggesting against swap of engine & only get same engine overhauled by a competent mechanic.Now tell me isn't it a worthy solution to get rid of all engine problems in 20K by swapping a 660cc or do you still prefer overhauling?
    Please explain with some details.i consider your views valuable too before making decision of a efi swap

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@dayrider today I was digging this thread & a post interested me much that 660cc efi engine costs 20K that I can get in my car.It sounds a cheap solution as I have spent much again & again & still it is same engine,same carburator,same electrical system with issue of engine turning OFF sometimes when petrol is near to end or after a refill, this issue may not come for weeks but when it comes it bothers much for a day or 2. I wasn't able to go to mechanic recommended by you in Pindi as I am going to Islamabad now after weeks,months & that too for couple of days.I saw your posts suggesting against swap of engine & only get same engine overhauled by a competent mechanic.Now tell me isn't it a worthy solution to get rid of all engine problems in 20K by swapping a 660cc or do you still prefer overhauling?
    Please explain with some details.i consider your views valuable too before making decision of a efi swap
    Swap requires alterations, changing mounts, cut and welds. It also requires proper wiring which usually still doesn't solve the electrical issues as certain sensors are needed for that engine and your car won't support them. Lots of other things too. Swaps are complicated if alterations are to be made. Last of all, it destroys the resale

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@wasf
    problem at empty tank ant refill is due to particles in your fuel tank which give you problem when fuel is less or when you refill they pop up.

i guess get your fuel tank cleaning will resolve the issue

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sajidahmed View Post
    @wasf
    problem at empty tank ant refill is due to particles in your fuel tank which give you problem when fuel is less or when you refill they pop up.

i guess get your fuel tank cleaning will resolve the issue
    Some other fellows recommended it too but when I asked mechanic he told fuel filter is already doing this work so no need to clean fuel tank.Should I still go for it, as for now I have changed carburetor & distributor to kabli?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Some other fellows recommended it too but when I asked mechanic he told fuel filter is already doing this work so no need to clean fuel tank.Should I still go for it, as for now I have changed carburetor & distributor to kabli?
    Very true fuel filter is suppose to prevent this cause. Might be fuel filter is not good it's not filtering just by passing it, in this scenario instead of cleaning fuel tank replace the filter first and check the results

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Take recommendations of good mechanics, mine is in pindi, if you want go there. max cost on engine is 25k, the rest of the things won't be above 20k. he would fix it for you once and for all. Shall i recommend you a workshop
    Aoa @dayrider a long time passed when I created this thread still I am runing same engine.i wanted to ask you what engine work is done in 25K,is it complete overhaul & do it include labour charges, parts too?Also please tell about what you wrote rest of things in 20K.Do you mean by rest of things suspension shocks etc or engine parts?
    Do you recommend overhaul or engine swap? Please compare the cost of both including full work done.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Aoa @dayrider a long time passed when I created this thread still I am runing same engine.i wanted to ask you what engine work is done in 25K,is it complete overhaul & do it include labour charges, parts too?Also please tell about what you wrote rest of things in 20K.Do you mean by rest of things suspension shocks etc or engine parts?
    Do you recommend overhaul or engine swap? Please compare the cost of both including full work done.
    A proper overhaul used to cost 25k back then. Not sure about current prices. In 20k all of your other issues could have been dealt with. Like I said, take the vehicle to the mechanic, ask him to analyse whatever is wrong and get it fixed. If everything is dealt with in a go. You can stay tension free for a long time

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ashbal View Post
    These models dont get effected by changed engines any more...paintwork doesnt even effect its value...btw yes i wanted to refer you to get a 660cc mira engine or any japanese you will get rid of every issue like jerks etc and automatic aswell with new ac aswell...it will cost you arnd 20k with fitting etc

Sent from my GT-I9500 using PW Forums mobile app
    Aoa @ashbal Can you please provide any source who can give & assemble 660cc engine of Mira in 20K on my Cuore & you also mentioned that in 15K only head assembly can be changed so I want to know what would be better,either to change head assembly in 15K or complete engine in 20K.Would it be efi engine or carburetor?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ashbal View Post
    I have done so many swaps that its uncountable now....have gotten rid of i dnt kne how many check lights...some due to sencors...some due to fuses and some as small as two wires touching together lighting the ce up...so i knw the abc of it till wxyz....and those who cant make it trouble free in half day are not the ones for the job....trouble rises when alterations are done...this job is gonna be blot on fit so no problems

Sent from my GT-I9500 using PW Forums mobile app
    Are there so much issues after converting to EFI?if it is so then I will need 6 more months to learn a new science of censors,fuses etc.So far I have learnt carburetor,distributor,coil,hubs etc from current engine car.Please give a wise suggestion if installing EFI engine in cuore is realy troublefree.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Are there so much issues after converting to EFI?if it is so then I will need 6 more months to learn a new science of censors,fuses etc.So far I have learnt carburetor,distributor,coil,hubs etc from current engine car.Please give a wise suggestion if installing EFI engine in cuore is realy troublefree.
    Converts are never trouble free. Alterations are always last options.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

User Tag List