Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Cuore 2010 and poor mileage

Dear All,

I have cuore 2010 ECO model bought few months ago. It is in good condition interior and exterior both but few scratches on body. According to previous owner who lives in my area and is government employee, the car has never been in serious problem and even while buying it, a mechanic checked and told the engine is in very good condition.

So the problem is, the poor mileage. It had genuine CNG installation but I never used and remove Cylinder as I wanted to use it on Petrol only. In start I noticed its giving 13KM/Ltr without AC in city area. Now with AC, its average is no more than 12 and since last 200 KM ride, I noticed very clearly it is giving only 10km/ltr. I checked recently two times, on 500Rs petrol (7.5 Ltr) it is giving hardly 60-70 with AC in city area. Now that is around 10KM/ltr.

Here are some important factors before you reply please:
    - 3 tyres are not in good condition
    - I learnt driving just one month before buying this car so total driving experience is 5 months. But I drive very carefully.
    - The clutch plate has some problem, The reverse gear sometimes gives some noise and stuck for few tries. So mechanic told me you can keep it as it is if you want, just try to use gear smoothly. I don't have any major problem with gear overall.

So keeping these factors in mind, do you think Is it my car or those factors which can be reason of poor mileage?

Should I change the tyres and clutch plate (can cost 30,000 both) if you think can be the reason? I am also thinking to sale it and buy Mehran Euro? Which I think can give 18KM/ltr with AC. I am confused. I like cuore over Mehran. I am more easy driving it and I hate Mehran interior. It is purely daba car. If I will buy Mehran I will buy it only for its mileage.

Please advise. Sorry for long post but I wanted to explain things properly.
    Thank you.

Similar Threads:

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Carby cuore gives bad milage. The engine is very old tech, you're better off using cng if available in your area. My advice, either go for new mehran or cvt equipped Mira or Alto for good milage.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ninepoints View Post
    Dear All,

I have cuore 2010 ECO model bought few months ago. It is in good condition interior and exterior both but few scratches on body. According to previous owner who lives in my area and is government employee, the car has never been in serious problem and even while buying it, a mechanic checked and told the engine is in very good condition.

So the problem is, the poor mileage. It had genuine CNG installation but I never used and remove Cylinder as I wanted to use it on Petrol only. In start I noticed its giving 13KM/Ltr without AC in city area. Now with AC, its average is no more than 12 and since last 200 KM ride, I noticed very clearly it is giving only 10km/ltr. I checked recently two times, on 500Rs petrol (7.5 Ltr) it is giving hardly 60-70 with AC in city area. Now that is around 10KM/ltr.

Here are some important factors before you reply please:
    - 3 tyres are not in good condition
    - I learnt driving just one month before buying this car so total driving experience is 5 months. But I drive very carefully.
    - The clutch plate has some problem, The reverse gear sometimes gives some noise and stuck for few tries. So mechanic told me you can keep it as it is if you want, just try to use gear smoothly. I don't have any major problem with gear overall.

So keeping these factors in mind, do you think Is it my car or those factors which can be reason of poor mileage?

Should I change the tyres and clutch plate (can cost 30,000 both) if you think can be the reason? I am also thinking to sale it and buy Mehran Euro? Which I think can give 18KM/ltr with AC. I am confused. I like cuore over Mehran. I am more easy driving it and I hate Mehran interior. It is purely daba car. If I will buy Mehran I will buy it only for its mileage.

Please advise. Sorry for long post but I wanted to explain things properly.
    Thank you.
    How much did you bought coure for?

As for the average even when coure use to come new, people complained about it having bad millage. CNG was one alternative. By the way still what you can do is to get your car tuned from a good mechanic probably from somebody who has computerised tuning facility available. Tell the mechanic that since i dont use CNG anymore adjust it only on petrol. During tuning if spark plugs are worn out get them replaced and also see if the air filter is clean or chocked. Hopefully get it replaced. It should help bringing back the average to what it was.

Besides another factor that people often neglect it the driving method of individuals. For e.g how early do you change gears or your pick during initial gears. For e.g i am usually on 4th gear while at 40, people sometime keep it in third. The hard you are on the accelerator the more the carb will drain on fuel.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold View Post
    How much did you bought coure for?

As for the average even when coure use to come new, people complained about it having bad millage. CNG was one alternative. By the way still what you can do is to get your car tuned from a good mechanic probably from somebody who has computerised tuning facility available. Tell the mechanic that since i dont use CNG anymore adjust it only on petrol. During tuning if spark plugs are worn out get them replaced and also see if the air filter is clean or chocked. Hopefully get it replaced. It should help bringing back the average to what it was.

Besides another factor that people often neglect it the driving method of individuals. For e.g how early do you change gears or your pick during initial gears. For e.g i am usually on 4th gear while at 40, people sometime keep it in third. The hard you are on the accelerator the more the carb will drain on fuel.
    Thank you for your reply. I bought it in 7lac. The condition is good, my brother is expert driver and the mileage was still 10KM that shows there is indeed a problem with it. I think the tuning can be the reason, may be after removing it from CNG needs adjustment. My brother also mentioned that its pickup is not good even I noticed it but hence I was new driver so thought to ask it from any expert who have been driving different cars. So he was saying too that it seems the car is heavy or something. Does not pick speed quickly.

Anyway I believe like you said a fine tuning should resolve few things. Would you tell me should I keep it on Petrol or should I connect the CNG back? It is company fitted and what you think? But I dont want to use if it really effects badly engine or overall maintenance.

I change gears quickly, and prefer to keep it in 4th or 3rd if inside city you know. But try to keep it higher.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by pistonhead View Post
    Carby cuore gives bad milage. The engine is very old tech, you're better off using cng if available in your area. My advice, either go for new mehran or cvt equipped Mira or Alto for good milage.
    CNG is available but do you think CNG is good option for long time perspective or for keeping engine in good condition?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank you for your reply. I bought it in 7lac. The condition is good, my brother is expert driver and the mileage was still 10KM that shows there is indeed a problem with it. I think the tuning can be the reason, may be after removing it from CNG needs adjustment. My brother also mentioned that its pickup is not good even I noticed it but hence I was new driver so thought to ask it from any expert who have been driving different cars. So he was saying too that it seems the car is heavy or something. Does not pick speed quickly.

Anyway I believe like you said a fine tuning should resolve few things. Would you tell me should I keep it on Petrol or should I connect the CNG back? It is company fitted and what you think? But I dont want to use if it really effects badly engine or overall maintenance.

I change gears quickly, and prefer to keep it in 4th or 3rd if inside city you know. But try to keep it higher.
    I dont think CNG should have any adverse effect on the car since these cars were built to run on CNG. But since you have now removed it keep it with you. No need to reconnect. When you want to sell it again at sometime get it connected back as it has value affect on the car.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold View Post
    I dont think CNG should have any adverse effect on the car since these cars were built to run on CNG. But since you have now removed it keep it with you. No need to reconnect. When you want to sell it again at sometime get it connected back as it has value affect on the car.
    But on Petrol if even a fine tuning like you said may increase the mileage 12km-13km/ltr So now i am thinking to switch back to CNG to check how much it gives mileage. I believe the previous owner was using CNG may be.

Thanks again for your valuable information.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

But on Petrol if even a fine tuning like you said may increase the mileage 12km-13km/ltr So now i am thinking to switch back to CNG to check how much it gives mileage. I believe the previous owner was using CNG may be.

Thanks again for your valuable information.
    A full cylinder of CNG that would cost around Rs500 should be able to give you a mileage of 150 kms +- depending again upon your engine's health and also if CNG is what you plan get is tuned as well on CNG.

k
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

pls ask mechanic to must check BUTTERFLY of carb. it also effects millage.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Exactly my problem.....I have 2006 Cuore, I am its first hand owner but recently I am getting problems regarding, not much Toyota mechanics like to work on Cuore now

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    wheeeeeeeelieeeeeeeeeee.........

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List