20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default FAW V2 Owner's Review

So I finally made my Father agree and bought this beauty.
    Now you guys are gonna get the first owner's review I guess
    I've driven it for almost 500kms now.
    First talking about the drive,its beautiful and wonderful.
    The acceleration is just freakin awesome.
    I asked a friend who has 2013 gli to have a little race with me just to check the acceleration and I was amazed when the gli couldnt even catch up close :')
    The ABS brake is quite responsive.
    Although there's a little play in the paddle(if play means you have to press the paddle more).Bit the ABS WAS QUITE RESPONSIVE
    The suspension was also wonderful.
    I just felt of it like my dad's corolla.So comfortable that I'm totally satisfied.
    In the interior there's ample seat for a person like me (6''1' tall) on the front seats and the people on the back can also easily be entertained.
    I didnt have a usb so I borrowed it from a friend for a bit
    Usb played well and the two speakers did the job for me although I like high bass but they're perfect for doing the job .
    The steering is very easy to handle.
    The only issue I had was that it took me almost a day to get used to the opposite positions of headlights and viper knob.
    The plastic of interior as some people said isn't really cheap but the color sometimes make it look so in high sunlight.
    The grip of the car is amazing,just like a JDM as I'be previosuly owned a JDM.
    Why did I buy it?
    I had to buy a car now and my considerations were cultus,wagon r,used vitz and passo.
    It was quite difficult to make a choice.
    Pros:
    The car is brand new unlike JDMs,it wont make me go to the workshop again and again,even if there's anything wrong,its the company's headache to solve the problem upto 50,000 kms.
    It has dual airbags as compared to cultus and wagon r.
    Power windows,power steering,ABS which are not there in cultus.
    The drive is very smooth.
    It is way more powerful as it is 1300cc and I could not get any other 1300 cc new car in this range.
    Cultus and wagon r didnt werwe totally waved out of my mind after V2.

Cons:
    Uptill now no resale,but I am hapy that they have set up their plant in Karachi and they say they will be starting its local production in 2015 which means they are here to stay and make a name in the market.
    Spare parts although available all over Pakistan in 3S dealerships but not in open market uptill now.

I was able to convince myself that these cons are nothing infront of the pros so I finally decided to take it.I'm loving the ride untill now as its beautifull,sexy and a good performer.I'm sharing the pictures .I'll sooon be getting its body kit made aswell.
    Anything else you guys wanna ask me,you can.

Edited: 6th November 2015
    Ive used my V2 for almost a year now and I'm really satisfied with it.My brother has also bought a v2 after my experience in white color.
    He is also enjoying the ride.
    I would recommend anyone who has a budget of 1 million to go for this car.
    My brother got this Financed from JS bank.
    We're loving it

Attached Images Attached Images          

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

True. Idiots! I own a v2. Happy, Super Happy!

Quote Originally Posted by vtecyo View Post
    Pakistani market is most stupid in the world. This car should be selling like hot cakes because of the value and price but people here would still keep buying used JDM's and Wagon R because we dont know if in future Al-Haj FAW would be still here or not.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Is local FAw V2 available auto

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

not yet.

Quote Originally Posted by zalamng View Post
    Is local FAw V2 available auto

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hailian174 View Post
    Hi, I am satisfied owner of raw v2. I had already driven 500 kms on my new car. The drive is really owesome. I had tried to give a bit change to the looks of the car. Hopefully these modified looks will impress the existing and prospective buyers. The only thing is the knoise of engine when the car is running on ad. Thesound is bit wweird considering it a brand new car.
    can u plz share some pics of those modifications thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 5000 KM driven

Quote Originally Posted by faizxy View Post
    can u plz share some pics of those modifications thanks
    i have done over 5000km on my FAW V2 very happy with my choice. Took the car to Murree and i had 4 people in my car and had no problem overtaking other cars. The car has very strong engine which good very good performance.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Was wondering why some of the buyers have put up their V2s for sale so quickly at a demand price, of these almost new V2s,up to 1.5 lakh rupees less than the price of a new one. Something just doesn't add up here.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Can someone tell me where are cars available for resale in used??

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Im finding one around 8.50k

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fastian04 View Post
    Can someone tell me where are cars available for resale in used??
    Check in used cars section. Select company and model then you will see used V2. There is one for sale in isb 22k driven red color owner is demanding 9.5 Lacs.

Sent from my Moto G
    31.5497 N, 74.3436 E

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

This is interesting. I don't know what is the reason but we haven't got regular updates about v2 from the owners here. Whereas look at the other forums like wagon r and even honda vezel forums.
    Driving safe is better than not being able to drive..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well the reason to me is all my friends who have bought v2 are actually new owners and first time owners..they were never into cars...so not really active in forums as well. I today found one for 900k black color and 9500 driven. I m bargaining..as owner wants to sell for no real reason. Car is like new though

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

As mentioned some posts back, I also had the same opinion about swift i.e. it being an exception to the local built cars. But after test driving a brand new swift this month all that changed, it has also adopted the same pathetic built quality as any other local car.
    Combine that with an outdated and very thirsty engine, not worth nearly 1.4 million for such a poorly built car.
    Apart from pakwheels, my blogs can be also be viewed at http://tajziat.blogspot.com/

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bilalahm View Post
    As mentioned some posts back, I also had the same opinion about swift i.e. it being an exception to the local built cars. But after test driving a brand new swift this month all that changed, it has also adopted the same pathetic built quality as any other local car.
    Combine that with an outdated and very thirsty engine, not worth nearly 1.4 million for such a poorly built car.
    Swift was a poorly made car.? How and m13 is very good as well. I sold swift and got City. Swift is a great worldwide hit for its design and same engine bhai. If i offer u to swap faw with swift u will take only seconds to say yes. Swift is one very well.made car in other local cars. Engine is very good and with real powr which even city lacks. I have faw city swift. I can come to me and comparw the three...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

No seller will tell the real reason(s) for his for-sale vehicle to a potential buyer.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well the reason to me is all my friends who have bought v2 are actually new owners and first time owners..they were never into cars...so not really active in forums as well. I today found one for 900k black color and 9500 driven. I m bargaining..as owner wants to sell for no real reason. Car is like new though
    No seller will tell the real reason(s) for his for-sale vehicle to a potential buyer.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Swift was a poorly made car.? How and m13 is very good as well. I sold swift and got City. Swift is a great worldwide hit for its design and same engine bhai. If i offer u to swap faw with swift u will take only seconds to say yes. Swift is one very well.made car in other local cars. Engine is very good and with real powr which even city lacks. I have faw city swift. I can come to me and comparw the three...
    yeah because they have better standards worldwide, I rode a swift 2013 yesterday in passenger seat, the dash rattled(common fault in all pkdm swift), i had to close the door harder than my 2002 2.0d saloon, a/c performance was non satisfactory(my 13 year old car with 2 minor a/c service performed cools better standing still than this two year old swift). what can we expect and the engine has been replaced by k series engine worldwide, the m series is obsolete now, 5 hp power is negligible compared to the benefit of boot in a sedan. I've found the quality of faw comparable to jdm kei cars, although it cannot match vitz but is much better than swift. engine of v2 and faw have almost same power curves(faw has more torque available earlier than swift, swift has a bit more peak power near redline) so performance difference would be all about final drive and gear ratios.
    Bella, You give me everything just by REVing - NEONLIGHT SAGA: NEWTUBE

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by usman_arooq2 View Post
    yeah because they have better standards worldwide, I rode a swift 2013 yesterday in passenger seat, the dash rattled(common fault in all pkdm swift), i had to close the door harder than my 2002 2.0d saloon, a/c performance was non satisfactory(my 13 year old car with 2 minor a/c service performed cools better standing still than this two year old swift). what can we expect and the engine has been replaced by k series engine worldwide, the m series is obsolete now, 5 hp power is negligible compared to the benefit of boot in a sedan. I've found the quality of faw comparable to jdm kei cars, although it cannot match vitz but is much better than swift. engine of v2 and faw have almost same power curves(faw has more torque available earlier than swift, swift has a bit more peak power near redline) so performance difference would be all about final drive and gear ratios.
    Very nicely explained Mr. Usman. My Neighbor has a Swift July 2014 and it rattles like anything specially the dashboard. Although I myself is using V2 and a City. Power delivery in my V2 is simply amazing and smooth.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by usman_arooq2 View Post
    First of all ..bhai its Pakistan so relax a bit. Comparing Swift to corolla saloon models is a joke in itself. I had this car for a year and i bought it brand new and never had any of the issues. Ac was out standing and engine was way powerful than faw. I have faw in family..if u want pics anything lemme knw...

Again bhaijan swift rattles like any other pkdm cars. Faw has pathetic 2nd gear response and since i have both under usage..swift simply is a powerhouse in this category. Interior of swift is also very nice. These are all Pakistani features as we live here so no point in imagining a car as JDM or German.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

M series is old but its an excellent responsive engine.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

M series is old but its an excellent responsive engine.
    Most of the people in Pakistan dont care about a responsible engine.Everyone is not a engine flooring brat.Their requirement first and foremost is an efficient engine where swift fails miserably,that is the only fault that hampered its sales figures.K12B could have made this car a perfect buy.I still fail to understand why m13 in swift is so bad at fuel economy.
    The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status, is that, deep down inside, we all believe that we are above-average drivers.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List