20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default FAW V2 Owner's Review

So I finally made my Father agree and bought this beauty.
    Now you guys are gonna get the first owner's review I guess
    I've driven it for almost 500kms now.
    First talking about the drive,its beautiful and wonderful.
    The acceleration is just freakin awesome.
    I asked a friend who has 2013 gli to have a little race with me just to check the acceleration and I was amazed when the gli couldnt even catch up close :')
    The ABS brake is quite responsive.
    Although there's a little play in the paddle(if play means you have to press the paddle more).Bit the ABS WAS QUITE RESPONSIVE
    The suspension was also wonderful.
    I just felt of it like my dad's corolla.So comfortable that I'm totally satisfied.
    In the interior there's ample seat for a person like me (6''1' tall) on the front seats and the people on the back can also easily be entertained.
    I didnt have a usb so I borrowed it from a friend for a bit
    Usb played well and the two speakers did the job for me although I like high bass but they're perfect for doing the job .
    The steering is very easy to handle.
    The only issue I had was that it took me almost a day to get used to the opposite positions of headlights and viper knob.
    The plastic of interior as some people said isn't really cheap but the color sometimes make it look so in high sunlight.
    The grip of the car is amazing,just like a JDM as I'be previosuly owned a JDM.
    Why did I buy it?
    I had to buy a car now and my considerations were cultus,wagon r,used vitz and passo.
    It was quite difficult to make a choice.
    Pros:
    The car is brand new unlike JDMs,it wont make me go to the workshop again and again,even if there's anything wrong,its the company's headache to solve the problem upto 50,000 kms.
    It has dual airbags as compared to cultus and wagon r.
    Power windows,power steering,ABS which are not there in cultus.
    The drive is very smooth.
    It is way more powerful as it is 1300cc and I could not get any other 1300 cc new car in this range.
    Cultus and wagon r didnt werwe totally waved out of my mind after V2.

Cons:
    Uptill now no resale,but I am hapy that they have set up their plant in Karachi and they say they will be starting its local production in 2015 which means they are here to stay and make a name in the market.
    Spare parts although available all over Pakistan in 3S dealerships but not in open market uptill now.

I was able to convince myself that these cons are nothing infront of the pros so I finally decided to take it.I'm loving the ride untill now as its beautifull,sexy and a good performer.I'm sharing the pictures .I'll sooon be getting its body kit made aswell.
    Anything else you guys wanna ask me,you can.

Edited: 6th November 2015
    Ive used my V2 for almost a year now and I'm really satisfied with it.My brother has also bought a v2 after my experience in white color.
    He is also enjoying the ride.
    I would recommend anyone who has a budget of 1 million to go for this car.
    My brother got this Financed from JS bank.
    We're loving it

Attached Images Attached Images          

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by waqar.azeem View Post
    Within city(Peshawar) and during rush hours
    Sir i also see 2 to 5.faw v2 daily on uni road ur living in pesh and its bumper to bumper traffic here 12 is still good milage from a 1.3 l engine considered the amount of queues and lines in traffic plus if u don't mind which color u got
    Hanjiii Kaa Storeey Eehh !

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir i have Red one.. yes i am expecting it to get better as i have done 1st oil change at 850 kms

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir i have Red one.. yes i am expecting it to get better as i have done 1st oil change at 850 kms
    Sir i think i seen urs enjoy the ride amd which oil u use

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ekdrifter View Post
    Sir i think i seen urs enjoy the ride amd which oil u use
    As i went to FAW Peshawar Motors they use shell engine oil 20w 50 and shell gear oil as they claimed it comes from karachi FAW Head Office as per company recommendation and oil filter and labour was free and i paid 2700 (1800 for engine oil and 900 for gear oil)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

As i went to FAW Peshawar Motors they use shell engine oil 20w 50 and shell gear oil as they claimed it comes from karachi FAW Head Office as per company recommendation and oil filter and labour was free and i paid 2700 (1800 for engine oil and 900 for gear oil)
    20W-50 in new car? Is dealer ship was crack or what bro change your oli to full syntactic oli of some good brand like zic and shell on next oli change and u will feel the change in drive and in fuel economy to 20-50 is for old engine driven more then 150k or when overhaul or for sweeped engines other then experts will guide u that which grade should be used on your car

Sent from my GFIVE G10 mini using Tapatalk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by altisdualvvti View Post
    20W-50 in new car? Is dealer ship was crack or what bro change your oli to full syntactic oli of some good brand like zic and shell on next oli change and u will feel the change in drive and in fuel economy to 20-50 is for old engine driven more then 150k or when overhaul or for sweeped engines other then experts will guide u that which grade should be used on your car

Ok what is your recommendation? which grade oil to be used... i have 2014 wagon r too and suzuki genuine oil is 10w 40 and i experienced no issues at all within city with 100% ac 14 to 15 km/l and without ac 16 to 17 km/l within city and touches 20 km/l easily on highways. what i want to ask what is the effects of using wrong grade oil?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ok what is your recommendation? which grade oil to be used... i have 2014 wagon r too and suzuki genuine oil is 10w 40 and i experienced no issues at all within city with 100% ac 14 to 15 km/l and without ac 16 to 17 km/l within city and touches 20 km/l easily on highways. what i want to ask what is the effects of using wrong grade oil?
    Bro my recommadations r use zic a+ 5W-20 or 5W-30 in which ever grade it comes dont remember exactly i think it is suitable for tour v2 and for wegon r to and by using wrong oli the disadvantage is that engine dosnt perform at it maximum performance.
    But stickly ask the dealership about if they allow u to use aftermarket oli as most of mwke your warrenty void if u use any other oli then r not brought fron their dealership

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

brother, 20-50 is for old cars, and I bet that V2 needs better oil. See the oil specifications for V2 is 15-40 API SF.
    Please also check engine oil API classifications page, SF, SG are obsolete. They are for older cars, pre-1993 models.

Shell Helix HX3 is 20-50 (does not match) and API level is SG/SJ (obsolete/pre-2001 models). This page also says "Helps clean and protect older engines" at first line.
    Shell Helix HX5 is 15-40 (matches the v2 specs) and API level is SN (for modern engines).

I just can't believe they recommended HX3 for new V2.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir issue with milage there it is i have a 4 year old alto and i was using zic a plus 5w 20 till april 2015 then i changed grade to 10w 40 liquvy moly sir i will suggest you proficar 5w 40 or liquvy moly 10w 40 super lechlof it costs around 2900 for 4 liters and from all the oils i tried found it to be best buy it from ring road hayatabd cng pump

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

20W-50 is not only for old engine as it is a multi grade oil.... It is recommended by most of the cars manufactures in Pakistan for passenger cars to keep the running cost minimal. Although it is always better to use oil which is more technologically advance but it will cost you more. But do not use anything below the recommendation. Dealers would recommend you the basic requirement in order to keep the cost down, but it does not mean that they are using something which is not recommended. You can take the Oil yourself from the reliable source and take it with you at the next oil change ans ask them to put that oil.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Owners and Wheelers,

Please Help!

My current car is Suzuki Mehran 1990 very old . I want to lease new car in 1 million price bracket, I dont like Wagon r nor Cultus. I Went to FAW showroom Test driven it, i Liked it, I dont want to resale i will keep it 5 years atleast. But every other person i meet telling me that do not go for this car. We are warning you. Brotherana mashwara hai, market ki gari lo, cultus le lo, passo le lo, Pashtao gai baad mai..... my mind is dangling between selecting either New Faw V2 or getting an Used Swift in 1 million price bracket. WHAT IS SO WRONG WITH THIS CAR(FAW V2) that everyone is so resentful against it???. I dont get it.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by javaid.mustuffa View Post

Please Help!

My current car is Suzuki Mehran 1990 very old . I want to lease new car in 1 million price bracket, I dont like Wagon r nor Cultus. I Went to FAW showroom Test driven it, i Liked it, I dont want to resale i will keep it 5 years atleast. But every other person i meet telling me that do not go for this car. We are warning you. Brotherana mashwara hai, market ki gari lo, cultus le lo, passo le lo, Pashtao gai baad mai..... my mind is dangling between selecting either New Faw V2 or getting an Used Swift in 1 million price bracket. WHAT IS SO WRONG WITH THIS CAR(FAW V2) that everyone is so resentful against it???. I dont get it.
    They are just warning you because of resale, Dont listen to them as you are to keep the car long enough.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

WHAT IS SO WRONG WITH THIS CAR(FAW V2) that everyone is so resentful against it???. I dont get it.
    It is your decision, do whatever you want. If you care about resale or views of people, please dont go for v2. Get a wagon r now and may be sometime in future a city or corolla.

I bet if Toyota launch a 1.3 litre car, shape similar to v2, manual windows, no abs, no power steering, no air bags, ebd etc. People will still buy it in 12 lac. At least all my friends and relatives will do the same :-)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Please Help!

Brother there is nothing wrong with the car.. Its a beauty with lot of features in the same price bracket which other companies fail to deliver. I had a cultus and now wagon R and v2. Dont even think about cultus its an outdated car, either go for wagon r(which lacks abs + ebd, alloy wheels with wider tires, SRS air bags, back powered windows,fog lamps front and back,head rest for back seats,individual rear suspension, closing of doors in one go, powered side mirrors,rear spoiler with brake lamp, wider body as 3 adults on back seats for long journey not feasible and larger trunk space compared to V2) OR V2( which is beaten by wagon r in fuel economy, annual token tax as 1000 cc and a better looking interior compared to FAW V2(v2 interior is 10 times better than cultus) and yes to be honest i feel wagon r ac has more power compared to V2

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Brother there is nothing wrong with the car.. Its a beauty with lot of features in the same price bracket which other companies fail to deliver. I had a cultus and now wagon R and v2. Dont even think about cultus its an outdated car, either go for wagon r(which lacks abs + ebd, alloy wheels with wider tires, SRS air bags, back powered windows,fog lamps front and back,head rest for back seats,individual rear suspension, closing of doors in one go, powered side mirrors,rear spoiler with brake lamp, wider body as 3 adults on back seats for long journey not feasible and larger trunk space compared to V2) OR V2( which is beaten by wagon r in fuel economy, annual token tax as 1000 cc and a better looking interior compared to FAW V2(v2 interior is 10 times better than cultus) and yes to be honest i feel wagon r ac has more power compared to V2
    And what about performance review wating for it?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Please Help!

Sir if you think Cultus is good enough for you then go for it... but i would suggest you go for Faw V2 because if you compare both cars then you will be able to understand what are diffrence between both cars....

Cultus is good car... Shape is good and its a well name car also parts are cheap in price and almost every mechanic understand him... good resale value... Thats all

Cultus major issues in these days. It is poorly manufactured by suzuki it is having the door issues, door doesn't close well... also hand practice door mirrors are poorly assembled and common issue is any time your window will fall down in the door while adjusting it... No central locking also it has poor cheap plastic interior and engine is outdated as well... front and back bumper quality is like local cheap tub plastic... Its a totally manual car and it will give you a sense of driving is like a old car with old quality... Muscle building car steering it should be in the GYMs as well for the arm and wings exercise...
    As you were using mehran i don't think you will be complaining about the Cultus so its up to you if you can live without all auto options...

Faw V2 its a international brand and its has all the basic options those are needed in the good car, like power steering, power windows, air bags, quality paint etc...

If you go for the Faw then you have to pay Token every year... Non filer i guess 5k and filer 7k that's a worst part.
    It is well known Chinese company and new in Pakistan so people are scared because Nissan, Mitsubishi, Dihatsu and all other well known companies are gone from Pakistan so people those are giving a suggestions about cultus they are worried about your hard earned money not to go in waist...

Faw V2 is available in different countries of the world like South Africa and they have launched the same model there so that means everything is upto date... That car is not 10 years old technology...

Faw is a good company and resale would be OK if they start manufacturing the car in Pakistan... Hopefully they will start doing it by 2016...

Its all your money and you are the one who will decide which one suits you...

if you can get the Honda city on lease then go for it... Honda City is a good car in all aspects... People those are com

Wagon R is not good and it doesn't worth 1 million at all... Trust me its a waste of money...

People those are saying its a copy of Swift lol they don't know about Faw its not a copy at all... Faw & Toyota they are working as business partners in China from a long time... So you can say its could be a copy of old Vitz model...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have heard that local assembled FAW will start from next year with 1000cc and automatic variant. Any information about that ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Please Help!

i can feel your pain as i am more or less going through similar experience and similar feedback from friends and family, our price bracket gives us 3 options, cultus, v2, and wagon R. cultus should be out of question its an old pathetic car and i am confident paksuzuki is going to end up its manufacturing soon, v2 and wagon r are in competition. depends on your need, do you need a powerful engine and your commute involves full family or a small family and just a daily office commute, are you planning to keep car for long time if it doesn't bother you or you are optimistic to go up in future after selling this to get a sedan car, i was all in for FAW v2, owners' review are great about it, visited showroom twice, they are not ready to start local assembly soon according to dealer, will take 6 more months atlease to start process, engine is vitz first generation (toyota and FAW are in partnership in china for some models including v2) paint job was not very good, local and JDM have much better paint job, when you will feel it closely you will say there is something poor about paint, interior is not very impressive although its much better then cultus but you won't be able to say its imported quality, place for ignition where you insert keys was like old metal hammered alot to put into shape and inserted i asked dealer why is it like this, he shrugged and said 'sir its Chinese car, interior me apko kuch kuch feel hoga'... anyways now i am going to see wagon R interior soon and will make up a final decision, you too have to tailor your decision according to your requirements, v2 seems to be working really well for the owners so does wagon r so in the end it depends what you actually want.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by umerfayyaz View Post
    i can feel your pain as i am more or less going through similar experience and similar feedback from friends and family, our price bracket gives us 3 options, cultus, v2, and wagon R. cultus should be out of question its an old pathetic car and i am confident paksuzuki is going to end up its manufacturing soon, v2 and wagon r are in competition. depends on your need, do you need a powerful engine and your commute involves full family or a small family and just a daily office commute, are you planning to keep car for long time if it doesn't bother you or you are optimistic to go up in future after selling this to get a sedan car, i was all in for FAW v2, owners' review are great about it, visited showroom twice, they are not ready to start local assembly soon according to dealer, will take 6 more months atlease to start process, engine is vitz first generation (toyota and FAW are in partnership in china for some models including v2) paint job was not very good, local and JDM have much better paint job, when you will feel it closely you will say there is something poor about paint, interior is not very impressive although its much better then cultus but you won't be able to say its imported quality, place for ignition where you insert keys was like old metal hammered alot to put into shape and inserted i asked dealer why is it like this, he shrugged and said 'sir its Chinese car, interior me apko kuch kuch feel hoga'... anyways now i am going to see wagon R interior soon and will make up a final decision, you too have to tailor your decision according to your requirements, v2 seems to be working really well for the owners so does wagon r so in the end it depends what you actually want.
    Paint quality is bad? Every owner who brought this v2 r saying that paint quality us much better then local cars of today and all the reviewer r saying the same is there any reason behind it.I know that quality of paint is not like jdms but it's much better then our local cars.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Please Help!

Brother. V2 is surely a good car but. After 5 years when u will go to sell it you will get half of its value that too with a lot of struggle.
    My advice would be to lease a swift. It won't break much amount when selling and has parts and after sales service available in every nook and corner.
    Laws r Made to be Broken

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List