20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default FAW V2 Owner's Review

So I finally made my Father agree and bought this beauty.
    Now you guys are gonna get the first owner's review I guess
    I've driven it for almost 500kms now.
    First talking about the drive,its beautiful and wonderful.
    The acceleration is just freakin awesome.
    I asked a friend who has 2013 gli to have a little race with me just to check the acceleration and I was amazed when the gli couldnt even catch up close :')
    The ABS brake is quite responsive.
    Although there's a little play in the paddle(if play means you have to press the paddle more).Bit the ABS WAS QUITE RESPONSIVE
    The suspension was also wonderful.
    I just felt of it like my dad's corolla.So comfortable that I'm totally satisfied.
    In the interior there's ample seat for a person like me (6''1' tall) on the front seats and the people on the back can also easily be entertained.
    I didnt have a usb so I borrowed it from a friend for a bit
    Usb played well and the two speakers did the job for me although I like high bass but they're perfect for doing the job .
    The steering is very easy to handle.
    The only issue I had was that it took me almost a day to get used to the opposite positions of headlights and viper knob.
    The plastic of interior as some people said isn't really cheap but the color sometimes make it look so in high sunlight.
    The grip of the car is amazing,just like a JDM as I'be previosuly owned a JDM.
    Why did I buy it?
    I had to buy a car now and my considerations were cultus,wagon r,used vitz and passo.
    It was quite difficult to make a choice.
    Pros:
    The car is brand new unlike JDMs,it wont make me go to the workshop again and again,even if there's anything wrong,its the company's headache to solve the problem upto 50,000 kms.
    It has dual airbags as compared to cultus and wagon r.
    Power windows,power steering,ABS which are not there in cultus.
    The drive is very smooth.
    It is way more powerful as it is 1300cc and I could not get any other 1300 cc new car in this range.
    Cultus and wagon r didnt werwe totally waved out of my mind after V2.

Cons:
    Uptill now no resale,but I am hapy that they have set up their plant in Karachi and they say they will be starting its local production in 2015 which means they are here to stay and make a name in the market.
    Spare parts although available all over Pakistan in 3S dealerships but not in open market uptill now.

I was able to convince myself that these cons are nothing infront of the pros so I finally decided to take it.I'm loving the ride untill now as its beautifull,sexy and a good performer.I'm sharing the pictures .I'll sooon be getting its body kit made aswell.
    Anything else you guys wanna ask me,you can.

Edited: 6th November 2015
    Ive used my V2 for almost a year now and I'm really satisfied with it.My brother has also bought a v2 after my experience in white color.
    He is also enjoying the ride.
    I would recommend anyone who has a budget of 1 million to go for this car.
    My brother got this Financed from JS bank.
    We're loving it

Attached Images Attached Images          

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

seen 5-6 around bahria town ph8,it's a beautiful car, I'd have to say. Has the perfect dimension for a hatchback. My first impressions are as follows
    1) paint job is better than what people review it to be. Not sure what the color is but it's somewhat between gold and bronze which is an absolute stunner.
    2) Saw a red parked around Sadar and got a chance to peek inside. I really like the interior for what it's worth, it's nothing too fancy but you dont always need fancy nonetheless I'm sure it's comfortable enough look at the dash
    3) Exterior ; front might not be too extravagantly appealing but the rear sure Is with those attractive tail lamps
    4) I happen to go side by side with one on kashmir highway while it had a little road noise (probably the tyres ) but the exhaust was very silent at speeds of 90.
    5)Price bracket : it's probably the best specs you get in that class for the money you pay. No really, i dont suppose you'd get a car offering as much as the v2 in a little over 1 million. I own a 13 euro 2 cultus so I'm sure I have nothing to argue over when it comes to the comparison.
    6) Verdict ; it's what it's supposed to be, a family car and if the buyer targets it for the reason I don't suppose you'd be looking into resale for long. It's worth paying for although actual owners should really comment on its maintainence costs because those always have a higher significance over resale.
    Would I buy it if I had to? : well yes I would If I had confirmation that it won't be abandoned by Al hajj and if it wouldn't cost me a leg sourcing parts. Otherwise it's one hell of a machine for the price tag

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by saqibrazzaq View Post
    Agreed. There is no perfect decision and no perfect car

Buy local and you will get inferior quality and decades old tech in very high price.
    Buy JDM and you will get excellant package in low price. But you have to search junkyards or import spares, in case you need to repair anything.
    Buy a new entrant and you will fear it will disappear from Pakistan after few years and you will be at loss.
    btw i am totallly against spending over a million rupees for a power-less cultus! and also, jdms doesnt worth the pain they inflict w.r.t parts, maintenance, resale and probably abused cars.. V2 can be a great thing to fill the gap

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

As long as safety, power and features are better than Cultus/Wagon R, does being cheap matter?
    And shape wise, it's ugly, but who cares when we have Passo, March and odd looking 660cc ones.
    btw, cultus is really very cheaply built! uska door bandd kro tou lagta hai cooking oil ka tin khola hai!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Its worth the money u pay for it.
    " Hope for the best & Prepare for the worst. "

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have a V2 and guys believe me its not cheap compared to cultus. The plastic used in interior is of good quality but finishing is a bit poor.And i believe that company is here to stay just look at FAW XPV as it is assembled locally now and FAW Truck business is going strong. Bigger cities may have good 3s delearships but peshawar has only one and its not that good compared to suzuki and toyata ones. Mine V2 ac hot and cold knob was not working at start like it was revolving and but it wasnt moving the parda inside to adjust hot or cold air a mechanic inspected it and said it needs to replace a part at lower side of dash and i spoke with manager to replace it in warranty they didnt had the part so they gave me one week time to acquire it from karachi. but on second visit another mechanic tightened a screw beneath dash and thing started working without being replaced though they did acquired that part for me but i didnt change it as problem was solved. Now i need mud flaps but dealership tells me they dont have it

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by waqar.azeem View Post
    I have a V2 and guys believe me its not cheap compared to cultus. The plastic used in interior is of good quality but finishing is a bit poor.And i believe that company is here to stay just look at FAW XPV as it is assembled locally now and FAW Truck business is going strong. Bigger cities may have good 3s delearships but peshawar has only one and its not that good compared to suzuki and toyata ones. Mine V2 ac hot and cold knob was not working at start like it was revolving and but it wasnt moving the parda inside to adjust hot or cold air a mechanic inspected it and said it needs to replace a part at lower side of dash and i spoke with manager to replace it in warranty they didnt had the part so they gave me one week time to acquire it from karachi. but on second visit another mechanic tightened a screw beneath dash and thing started working without being replaced though they did acquired that part for me but i didnt change it as problem was solved. Now i need mud flaps but dealership tells me they dont have it
    faw trucks have penetrated very deep in the trucking life of paki...esp the big 22 wheelers... recently on my trip to Babusar Top i saw so many FAW trucks working at construction sites managed by the FWO (army)...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by waqar.azeem View Post
    is v2 being assembled here or imported?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abid110 View Post
    is v2 being assembled here or imported?
    Its imported
    " Hope for the best & Prepare for the worst. "

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abid110 View Post
    btw, cultus is really very cheaply built! uska door bandd kro tou lagta hai cooking oil ka tin khola hai!
    ha ha ha, rightly said, I have a Cultus since 2007. Only name is Japanese, the rest, everything is cheap. And cheap build means cheap to repair and maintain, that's why we buy Suzukis.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by genius.phoenix View Post
    I think its quite a good looking car. Definitely not ugly.
    Well, people have their own views about the beauty. I like the exterior shape of Cultus better than the V2. For the rest, there is no comparison, V2 is much better package. Most probably, I will get a V2 next year.

After driving Cultus for around 8 years, I can never ever think of spending 1 million on a new Cultus. Local Corolla or Civic, even City is different class, it is worth to sell your old model and buy a new one every 5 years. They actually have new shape and features, even stripped out, but still latest engine, shape, accessories etc.

V2 is an excellent entry. Who would have thought that we could get 1.3L with power options in 1.1M, except a used local or JDM?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Al Buraq in Rawalpindi also using FAW mini vehicles

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Any news regarding local production of v2 started or not?? Will surely buy one if they start assembling here, will be able to convince myself that they are here to stay and compete in hatchbacks...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abstrusemind View Post
    Any news regarding local production of v2 started or not?? Will surely buy one if they start assembling here, will be able to convince myself that they are here to stay and compete in hatchbacks...
    spotted a sirius today in black and after reading your comment i thought the same, if i can convince myself that they are going to stay i would love to get it. its beautiful.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by umerfayyaz View Post
    spotted a sirius today in black and after reading your comment i thought the same, if i can convince myself that they are going to stay i would love to get it. its beautiful.
    Yes .it is

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have seen people selling their older model cultus for a newer model cultus and i say W**. People take cars as investment. No Sir its not investment. Suppose someone is in a car with ones family and kids. And God forbid, a collision is about to take place. What car will he want in to be, a car with a resale or a car with air bags, ABS and strong passenger cabin.

I was in a dilleme for an year, which car to buy, i chose JDM instead of V2, because

1. I was able to self import a JDM
    2. Faw V2 is no where near local assembling. Unless you satrt local assembly, you cannot ensure proper supply of spare. When a company start local assembling, only then it engage local vendors to manufacture parts.

I visited PS showroom, i asked them about the security and safety features and the guy told me about immobilizer function. I told him immobilizer will not save me from an accident, he said read safar ki dua, and you will be safe. That was enough for me to leave the showroom

Its true, the frequency with which i am starting to spot v2 on roads has increased. And its a head turner. Apart from vitz, no other car, local or JDM, cannot compete with this car as far as exterior and its road presence is concern. But they should fire their marketing team. They are doing a pathetic job. The only reason why cars like cultus and now wagonR are selling like hot cakes is lack of another option.

ha ha ha, rightly said, I have a Cultus since 2007. Only name is Japanese, the rest, everything is cheap. And cheap build means cheap to repair and maintain, that's why we buy Suzukis.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by usmanpakistan View Post
    I have seen people selling their older model cultus for a newer model cultus and i say W**. People take cars as investment. No Sir its not investment. Suppose someone is in a car with ones family and kids. And God forbid, a collision is about to take place. What car will he want in to be, a car with a resale or a car with air bags, ABS and strong passenger cabin.

I was in a dilleme for an year, which car to buy, i chose JDM instead of V2, because

1. I was able to self import a JDM
    2. Faw V2 is no where near local assembling. Unless you satrt local assembly, you cannot ensure proper supply of spare. When a company start local assembling, only then it engage local vendors to manufacture parts.

I visited PS showroom, i asked them about the security and safety features and the guy told me about immobilizer function. I told him immobilizer will not save me from an accident, he said read safar ki dua, and you will be safe. That was enough for me to leave the showroom

Its true, the frequency with which i am starting to spot v2 on roads has increased. And its a head turner. Apart from vitz, no other car, local or JDM, cannot compete with this car as far as exterior and its road presence is concern. But they should fire their marketing team. They are doing a pathetic job. The only reason why cars like cultus and now wagonR are selling like hot cakes is lack of another option.
    Which jdm car you got?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

AJK government has given a contract to FAW for 1000 plus V2. That's a huge success.

My company had to give about 70 cars to its employees. Decided brand was cultus. After deliberation, about 50 cars are V2 and the rest have opted for cultus.

The plant is being established.

I'm putting my money on V2. Let's see what happens.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Haroon_Tarar View Post
    AJK government has given a contract to FAW for 1000 plus V2. That's a huge success.

My company had to give about 70 cars to its employees. Decided brand was cultus. After deliberation, about 50 cars are V2 and the rest have opted for cultus.

The plant is being established.

I'm putting my money on V2. Let's see what happens.
    Good news

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Karachi is the most Conservative market for any new entrants.... Feel sorry to be a karaachite

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Talhabmasood View Post
    Karachi is the most Conservative market for any new entrants.... Feel sorry to be a karaachite
    dont say this...we see almost all cars/models , old, new, latest plying in every area of Karachi...even if its a slum or a vip area...unlike other areas of paki where you will either find a corolla, a bolan or a Mehran...

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List