Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast
Results 941 to 960 of 2965
Like Tree1676Likes

Thread: FAW V2 Owner's Review

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    fmkiani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    20
    Posts
    117
    Follows
    10
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default FAW V2 Owner's Review

    So I finally made my Father agree and bought this beauty.
    Now you guys are gonna get the first owner's review I guess
    I've driven it for almost 500kms now.
    First talking about the drive,its beautiful and wonderful.
    The acceleration is just freakin awesome.
    I asked a friend who has 2013 gli to have a little race with me just to check the acceleration and I was amazed when the gli couldnt even catch up close :')
    The ABS brake is quite responsive.
    Although there's a little play in the paddle(if play means you have to press the paddle more).Bit the ABS WAS QUITE RESPONSIVE
    The suspension was also wonderful.
    I just felt of it like my dad's corolla.So comfortable that I'm totally satisfied.
    In the interior there's ample seat for a person like me (6''1' tall) on the front seats and the people on the back can also easily be entertained.
    I didnt have a usb so I borrowed it from a friend for a bit
    Usb played well and the two speakers did the job for me although I like high bass but they're perfect for doing the job .
    The steering is very easy to handle.
    The only issue I had was that it took me almost a day to get used to the opposite positions of headlights and viper knob.
    The plastic of interior as some people said isn't really cheap but the color sometimes make it look so in high sunlight.
    The grip of the car is amazing,just like a JDM as I'be previosuly owned a JDM.
    Why did I buy it?
    I had to buy a car now and my considerations were cultus,wagon r,used vitz and passo.
    It was quite difficult to make a choice.
    Pros:
    The car is brand new unlike JDMs,it wont make me go to the workshop again and again,even if there's anything wrong,its the company's headache to solve the problem upto 50,000 kms.
    It has dual airbags as compared to cultus and wagon r.
    Power windows,power steering,ABS which are not there in cultus.
    The drive is very smooth.
    It is way more powerful as it is 1300cc and I could not get any other 1300 cc new car in this range.
    Cultus and wagon r didnt werwe totally waved out of my mind after V2.

    Cons:
    Uptill now no resale,but I am hapy that they have set up their plant in Karachi and they say they will be starting its local production in 2015 which means they are here to stay and make a name in the market.
    Spare parts although available all over Pakistan in 3S dealerships but not in open market uptill now.


    I was able to convince myself that these cons are nothing infront of the pros so I finally decided to take it.I'm loving the ride untill now as its beautifull,sexy and a good performer.I'm sharing the pictures .I'll sooon be getting its body kit made aswell.
    Anything else you guys wanna ask me,you can.

    Edited: 6th November 2015
    Ive used my V2 for almost a year now and I'm really satisfied with it.My brother has also bought a v2 after my experience in white color.
    He is also enjoying the ride.
    I would recommend anyone who has a budget of 1 million to go for this car.
    My brother got this Financed from JS bank.
    We're loving it

    Attached Images Attached Images          

  2. #941
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    bilalahm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    3,045
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Good to see things picking up for the strong new entrant, I saw one on Islamabad highway last evening in white and it looked pretty good, the uncle driving it seemed to be enjoying cutting through traffic. Someone in my office has one in red and a friend got one in black, and one is awaited at our home soon for my brother.
    The last time I saw one near bahawalpur, the driver was enjoying smoking cowrollas on the empty roads and enjoying every bit of it :-)
    Apart from pakwheels, my blogs can be also be viewed at http://tajziat.blogspot.com/

  3. #942
    PakWheeler Follow
    abstrusemind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    126
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Source of news about AJK govt contract with faw???

  4. #943
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    IsbCap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,865
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Two are daily seen parked in my office parking. One red, other is silver.

    Also saw one in metallic bronze/golden color in Kharian Cantt.

    I guess, this is the time to get one. Once local production starts, quality will not be same as imported one...

  5. #944
    PakWheeler Follow
    umerfayyaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    30
    Posts
    129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haroon_Tarar View Post
    AJK government has given a contract to FAW for 1000 plus V2. That's a huge success.

    My company had to give about 70 cars to its employees. Decided brand was cultus. After deliberation, about 50 cars are V2 and the rest have opted for cultus.

    The plant is being established.

    I'm putting my money on V2. Let's see what happens.
    can you give us more details on AJK contract and plant's induction? and yes someone rightly said they should fire their marketing department, and also dealership, just like in previous threads a guy from lahore having sirius complained today in pw review regarding poor aftersale services.

  6. #945
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Haroon_Tarar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    37
    Posts
    3,213
    Follows
    6
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    After sales varies from person to person and dealership to dealership.

    AJK contract is khuday line. Political issues.

    The plant is already functional. The dabba and the loader are being assembled here. Only V2 and Sirius remain. Expected month to start V2 production here is December this year but we suspect they will take it to next year since having a completely built unit is easy rather than doing everything yourself.

    Mudflaps are being developed after my discussion today.

  7. #946
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    abid110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    3,880
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    3
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haroon_Tarar View Post
    After sales varies from person to person and dealership to dealership.

    AJK contract is khuday line. Political issues.

    The plant is already functional. The dabba and the loader are being assembled here. Only V2 and Sirius remain. Expected month to start V2 production here is December this year but we suspect they will take it to next year since having a completely built unit is easy rather than doing everything yourself.

    Mudflaps are being developed after my discussion today.
    likewise, Cherry QQ was a great car too! but see its fate...zero aftersales support and one does not even buy this full option minion for 1lac!

  8. #947
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Haroon_Tarar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    37
    Posts
    3,213
    Follows
    6
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abid110 View Post
    likewise, Cherry QQ was a great car too! but see its fate...zero aftersales support and one does not even buy this full option minion for 1lac!
    I forgot to add, dealerships of Toyota and Honda also have complaints. People are not so happy from some of them, sometimes.

    Also, the success rate of FAW is far better than other companies that came to Pak in the past so I foresee some serious development in this sector in future.

  9. #948
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    abid110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    3,880
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    3
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haroon_Tarar View Post
    I forgot to add, dealerships of Toyota and Honda also have complaints. People are not so happy from some of them, sometimes.

    Also, the success rate of FAW is far better than other companies that came to Pak in the past so I foresee some serious development in this sector in future.
    FAW's achievement is that they have deeply penetrated in the trucking scene of Paki...and that too in heavy load ones...

    cant say about their car's success as various factors act here. esp the mindsets

  10. #949
    PakWheeler Follow
    umerfayyaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    30
    Posts
    129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    no doubt the sheer success in trucks and xpv, but in cars they don't seem quite interested, remember the cool ad santro had when introduced, everyone was talking about it, it was catchy, wagon r had a very catchy clip 'ye practcial kya hota he'. these things do work,when i discuss v2 in my peers they don't even know it, aik ad jo china me bnaya gya tha wohi kbhi kbhar chal jata he tv channels per, who with an intentions of investment in billions would avoid mmarketing? the one who is interested to sell out its already imported units in stock, or the one who is not sure about investing yet and is just checking market by importing few hundred units and selling them sitting in corner. they haven't evn tried getting PAMA membership yet

  11. #950
    PakWheeler Follow
    vtecyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    334
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    FAW v2 marketing is flop.....when u talk with people they know about wagon r due to world cup ads but no one heard of V2.

    They need to have proactive approach and need to have test drive cars at showrooms.

  12. #951
    PakWheeler Follow
    Talhabmasood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    32
    Posts
    110
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abid110 View Post
    dont say this...we see almost all cars/models , old, new, latest plying in every area of Karachi...even if its a slum or a vip area...unlike other areas of paki where you will either find a corolla, a bolan or a Mehran...
    I don't think you got my point right...as I was not talking about popular cars... I was talking about new entrants..... People in Karachi are more business or money oriented... That's why they care more about re-sale than the convenience.....they usually are afraid of taking any risks (for better)... They fear facing the social pressure of taking an unpopular decision...

    P.s. I am a born (jaddi-pushti) karaachite... Don't take me wrong.

  13. #952
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    abid110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    3,880
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    3
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Talhabmasood View Post
    I don't think you got my point right...as I was not talking about popular cars... I was talking about new entrants..... People in Karachi are more business or money oriented... That's why they care more about re-sale than the convenience.....they usually are afraid of taking any risks (for better)... They fear facing the social pressure of taking an unpopular decision...

    P.s. I am a born (jaddi-pushti) karaachite... Don't take me wrong.
    mindset is same bro all over pakistan... we must admit that almost all dog/cat shaped jdms plying on roads have ZERO resale value...and here in khi you can see more jdms now than pkdms..on my recent visit to islamabad, i was not seeing jdms as commonly as i see in khi...incomes are rising so as the risk taking factors...otherwise who will invest in a jdm whose even a tiny indicator light have to be imported from dubai and that too for a price of a new motorcycle...

  14. #953
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    abid110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    3,880
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    3
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Talhabmasood View Post
    I don't think you got my point right...as I was not talking about popular cars... I was talking about new entrants..... People in Karachi are more business or money oriented... That's why they care more about re-sale than the convenience.....they usually are afraid of taking any risks (for better)... They fear facing the social pressure of taking an unpopular decision...

    P.s. I am a born (jaddi-pushti) karaachite... Don't take me wrong.
    just take your words back that you regret to be a karachiite :p

  15. #954
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Faisal_RX8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,098
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    ......
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    " Hope for the best & Prepare for the worst. "

  16. #955
    PakWheeler Follow
    mehranferrari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    652
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    If the AJK government deal materializes FAW will be in a better position. Please do not compare it with Cherry QQ. FAW has a proper setup in place and a fully functional assembly plant. They are gradually entering the market. Only downside of FAW is resale. The company itself has revealed that local assembly of V2 is going to start soon by late 2015 or early 2016. 1000cc basic version and automatic will be launched as well. With local assembly parts problem will be solved eventually as well.

    As they are doing well in heavy vehicle segment they will sustain loss in passenger vehicle segment in early stages. One has to give credit to FAW at least they're offering basic safety features. The kind of market we have we hardly have choice in new small cars.

  17. #956
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    abid110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    3,880
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    3
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mehranferrari View Post
    If the AJK government deal materializes FAW will be in a better position. Please do not compare it with Cherry QQ. FAW has a proper setup in place and a fully functional assembly plant. They are gradually entering the market. Only downside of FAW is resale. The company itself has revealed that local assembly of V2 is going to start soon by late 2015 or early 2016. 1000cc basic version and automatic will be launched as well. With local assembly parts problem will be solved eventually as well.

    As they are doing well in heavy vehicle segment they will sustain loss in passenger vehicle segment in early stages. One has to give credit to FAW at least they're offering basic safety features. The kind of market we have we hardly have choice in new small cars.
    btw Cherry too is a very established chinese auto brand...they make really competitive cars

  18. #957
    PakWheeler Follow
    Talhabmasood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    32
    Posts
    110
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abid110 View Post
    mindset is same bro all over pakistan... we must admit that almost all dog/cat shaped jdms plying on roads have ZERO resale value...and here in khi you can see more jdms now than pkdms..on my recent visit to islamabad, i was not seeing jdms as commonly as i see in khi...incomes are rising so as the risk taking factors...otherwise who will invest in a jdm whose even a tiny indicator light have to be imported from dubai and that too for a price of a new motorcycle...
    I agree with the JDM part in Karachi. I guess the convenience of a JDM over shadow the cautious mindset of karaachites. But even in JDMs if you take an advice from a common man or dealer he will advice you to go for a vitz or (now) passo (and not mistubishi Mirage etc) in 1000cc category and only and only Mira (no alto, minica, xyz, abc) in 660cc category..... I own a mistubishi minica... I bought it because of a lot of good reasons plus low price.... And every now and then I heard different taunts or sarcasm from everybody.... (comments like.... 'is k pasey bhi diye thay?... Ham to samjhey k gift mila hoga')....

    Plus on the pw forums of wagonR/v2 people not from Karachi claim that they see 10 15 wagonR on road daily.... And 3 4 v2 daily....... Where as in Karachi I have seen a total of 3 v2 in my life for last 3 4 months.... And just from a couple of weeks I have started spotting a few (4 5 wagonR) daily on road......Means Karachi waits for others to try and then they try....

  19. #958
    PakWheeler Follow
    mehranferrari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    652
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I don't realize why the Made in China thing is stuck in people's head. Chinese firms are even providing auto parts to various countries. Due to their manufacturing productivity a lot of stuff in all types of economies is Chinese.

    Our local vehicles just have Japanese tags. Their body and non techinical materials are local made while relatively complex things are increasingly being sourced from South East Asian countries. Thailand mostly and to a lesser extent Indonesia, Malaysia, etc. With passage of time Japanese components are decreasing. So it's going to be just tags of Japanese companies eventually.

    They do need to do a better marketing effort though as many people don't even know about their cars.

  20. #959
    PakWheeler Follow
    mehranferrari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    652
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abid110 View Post
    btw Cherry too is a very established chinese auto brand...they make really competitive cars
    Yes but they never had a assembly plant here in Pakistan that's what I meant.

  21. #960
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    abid110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    3,880
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    3
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Talhabmasood View Post
    I agree with the JDM part in Karachi. I guess the convenience of a JDM over shadow the cautious mindset of karaachites. But even in JDMs if you take an advice from a common man or dealer he will advice you to go for a vitz or (now) passo (and not mistubishi Mirage etc) in 1000cc category and only and only Mira (no alto, minica, xyz, abc) in 660cc category..... I own a mistubishi minica... I bought it because of a lot of good reasons plus low price.... And every now and then I heard different taunts or sarcasm from everybody.... (comments like.... 'is k pasey bhi diye thay?... Ham to samjhey k gift mila hoga')....

    Plus on the pw forums of wagonR/v2 people not from Karachi claim that they see 10 15 wagonR on road daily.... And 3 4 v2 daily....... Where as in Karachi I have seen a total of 3 v2 in my life for last 3 4 months.... And just from a couple of weeks I have started spotting a few (4 5 wagonR) daily on road......Means Karachi waits for others to try and then they try....
    haha same here for v2..have seen less than 5 in karachi since launch and that too parked...means i havent heard its engine sound yet :p

    but i deny your thought for WagonR...it is abundantly seen on roads now..

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •