20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default FAW V2 Owner's Review

So I finally made my Father agree and bought this beauty.
    Now you guys are gonna get the first owner's review I guess
    I've driven it for almost 500kms now.
    First talking about the drive,its beautiful and wonderful.
    The acceleration is just freakin awesome.
    I asked a friend who has 2013 gli to have a little race with me just to check the acceleration and I was amazed when the gli couldnt even catch up close :')
    The ABS brake is quite responsive.
    Although there's a little play in the paddle(if play means you have to press the paddle more).Bit the ABS WAS QUITE RESPONSIVE
    The suspension was also wonderful.
    I just felt of it like my dad's corolla.So comfortable that I'm totally satisfied.
    In the interior there's ample seat for a person like me (6''1' tall) on the front seats and the people on the back can also easily be entertained.
    I didnt have a usb so I borrowed it from a friend for a bit
    Usb played well and the two speakers did the job for me although I like high bass but they're perfect for doing the job .
    The steering is very easy to handle.
    The only issue I had was that it took me almost a day to get used to the opposite positions of headlights and viper knob.
    The plastic of interior as some people said isn't really cheap but the color sometimes make it look so in high sunlight.
    The grip of the car is amazing,just like a JDM as I'be previosuly owned a JDM.
    Why did I buy it?
    I had to buy a car now and my considerations were cultus,wagon r,used vitz and passo.
    It was quite difficult to make a choice.
    Pros:
    The car is brand new unlike JDMs,it wont make me go to the workshop again and again,even if there's anything wrong,its the company's headache to solve the problem upto 50,000 kms.
    It has dual airbags as compared to cultus and wagon r.
    Power windows,power steering,ABS which are not there in cultus.
    The drive is very smooth.
    It is way more powerful as it is 1300cc and I could not get any other 1300 cc new car in this range.
    Cultus and wagon r didnt werwe totally waved out of my mind after V2.

Cons:
    Uptill now no resale,but I am hapy that they have set up their plant in Karachi and they say they will be starting its local production in 2015 which means they are here to stay and make a name in the market.
    Spare parts although available all over Pakistan in 3S dealerships but not in open market uptill now.

I was able to convince myself that these cons are nothing infront of the pros so I finally decided to take it.I'm loving the ride untill now as its beautifull,sexy and a good performer.I'm sharing the pictures .I'll sooon be getting its body kit made aswell.
    Anything else you guys wanna ask me,you can.

Edited: 6th November 2015
    Ive used my V2 for almost a year now and I'm really satisfied with it.My brother has also bought a v2 after my experience in white color.
    He is also enjoying the ride.
    I would recommend anyone who has a budget of 1 million to go for this car.
    My brother got this Financed from JS bank.
    We're loving it

Attached Images Attached Images          

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have driven my V2 for almost 15000 Kms now. Car performance has been great so far. There were some issues initially like some sounds from the brakes and one of the front shocks making some noise but all of these has been resolved by the dealership free of cost. Other than that everything is good so far.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by DeViL_UnLeAsHeD View Post
    Congratulations on your new ride. I have been enjoying the V2 since January and it is awesome. I live in Karachi and it has also started getting famous in Karachi as well. I have asked a friend of mine to get me a Bumpers and side Skirt kit for the V2 from China. Probably will get it in a month or so. Will update with pics when they are installed.

FAW V2 Owners Review -1632528
    Thanks. Good to get feedback from someone who has used it for almost a year now and also good to know it's becoming popular in other cities. In Isb it's still relatively unknown and I haven't seen another V2 on the roads yet though I've seen other FAW vehicles. Your ride looks great, looking forward to seeing the modifications. I did some searching on a famous Chinese website last night and found some V2 parts but they were charging too much.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by matiullah85 View Post
    I have driven my V2 for almost 15000 Kms now. Car performance has been great so far. There were some issues initially like some sounds from the brakes and one of the front shocks making some noise but all of these has been resolved by the dealership free of cost. Other than that everything is good so far.
    Thanks for your input.

Yes I'm also getting some squeaking in the breaks but it's intermittent. I couldn't reproduce the sound when I went to the dealers twice. They've told me to drive the car for 1000 kms and then they'll do a thorough service and replace anything that is needed. I hope the sound doesn't damage the break disc.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default FAW V2 Owner's Review

The day this car comes with an Automatic transmission in Pakistan, I would buy it in a jiffy.

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aliusman420 View Post
    The day this car comes with an Automatic transmission in Pakistan, I would buy it in a jiffy.

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Same here :-)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What have you guys done for seat covers? My cousin suggested I get leatherite covers stitched but I'm not convinced a full grey theme will look that good, though they will surely preserve the seats and not come off. Suggestions welcome

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rebeloasis View Post
    What have you guys done for seat covers? My cousin suggested I get leatherite covers stitched but I'm not convinced a full grey theme will look that good, though they will surely preserve the seats and not come off. Suggestions welcome
    Check the end posts of Mira ES thread... A red Mira ES has seat covers stitched in very good quality and looks...
    Keep Faith in Allah...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hats off to all those guys who have taken this bold decision to throw away the stereotypes and for once be the change. People are already questioning the monoply created by the big 3 (Suzuki, Toyota and Honda).

GIRTI HUI DEWAROO (25+ years old cars) KO AIK DHAKA AUR DO

Quote Originally Posted by biloo View Post
    Bold people making a bold choice.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by usmanpakistan View Post
    Hats off to all those guys who have taken this bold decision to throw away the stereotypes and for once be the change. People are already questioning the monoply created by the big 3 (Suzuki, Toyota and Honda).

GIRTI HUI DEWAROO (25+ years old cars) KO AIK DHAKA AUR DO
    Hats off indeed, I've found a lot of people will criticize the big 3 monopoly and anti-competitive behavior but will opt for the same when it comes to decision time. This was one of the reasons I firmly decided to go for v2, wanted my actions to reflect my sentiments and the calculated risk paid off beautifully, Alhamdulillah. It's a good thing for consumers and enthusiasts that we have good options like this available now. Hope we see some tough competition in the future which can only be good for consumers in terms of value.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by naheerameer View Post
    I was asking them a random question on their FB page and the person on the other end offered me free sun visors as well as early delivery (saying I may as well receive the car on friday). I will obviously run it through a few km at least before I can give any real comment. Luckily the days of "breaking in" new cars are over so should be able to cover most of the flaws/positives.
    Hoping you would have received the delivery of your V2 by now as you were offered an early delivery. waiting for its pics and your initial review.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks for your input.

Yes I'm also getting some squeaking in the breaks but it's intermittent. I couldn't reproduce the sound when I went to the dealers twice. They've told me to drive the car for 1000 kms and then they'll do a thorough service and replace anything that is needed. I hope the sound doesn't damage the break disc.
    On 1st 100km i hear same Squeaking in breaks. i told them to fix it. After 200 KM i hear same squeaking in breaks. He told me to visit on 1000 Km and dont worry. Now its 400KM and it sound like the breaks are going to broken. I cant drive its so loud even i can hear loud and clear in close mirrors. I think its some kind of manufactering problem!!! But after reading i think we all got the same meal!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by calmpassenger View Post
    On 1st 100km i hear same Squeaking in breaks. i told them to fix it. After 200 KM i hear same squeaking in breaks. He told me to visit on 1000 Km and dont worry. Now its 400KM and it sound like the breaks are going to broken. I cant drive its so loud even i can hear loud and clear in close mirrors. I think its some kind of manufactering problem!!! But after reading i think we all got the same meal!
    It's a tricky one. I took it out last night for a long drive and the brakes didn't squeak once, not until I was a few meters from home on my way back. Do you think it happens when you pass over water? It only seems to occur when you press the brakes lightly.

Last time I took it to the dealership, the mechanic took the car out and slammed the brake at high speeds (which should be avoided during the first 1000 kms per user manual) and it didn't squeak once. I must find a way to reproduce the problem with a high success rate. It ruins the otherwise smooth and pleasurable drive of the car.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It's a tricky one. I took it out last night for a long drive and the brakes didn't squeak once, not until I was a few meters from home on my way back. Do you think it happens when you pass over water? It only seems to occur when you press the brakes lightly.

Last time I took it to the dealership, the mechanic took the car out and slammed the brake at high speeds (which should be avoided during the first 1000 kms per user manual) and it didn't squeak once. I must find a way to reproduce the problem with a high success rate. It ruins the otherwise smooth and pleasurable drive of the car.
    This has nothing to do with water. My friend bought faw v2 car on same date. He is also facing same problem. Workers on service station are lazy. They don't want to fix it because its a manufacturing fault. They will not get paid if they fix this before 1000KM. But still this is horrible and disappointing situation for a New car.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by matiullah85 View Post
    Since you had the brake issue and got it resolved, I was wondering if you could provide us with more information. What did they fix which stopped the squeaking?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have done 11000 km on my car, i drive everyday from Rawalpindi to Islamabad. My breaks were making noises from the beginning, I really did not care much it was on and off kind of noise but after doing 11000 km the dealership replaced my break pads and it got fixed. The problem is not with break disc but with the break pads. Once they pulled the break pads out they were worn out and had rough surface which were making the noise. Since i got them changed there is no more noise and everything is working fine.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by roupzipa View Post
    I have done 11000 km on my car, i drive everyday from Rawalpindi to Islamabad. My breaks were making noises from the beginning, I really did not care much it was on and off kind of noise but after doing 11000 km the dealership replaced my break pads and it got fixed. The problem is not with break disc but with the break pads. Once they pulled the break pads out they were worn out and had rough surface which were making the noise. Since i got them changed there is no more noise and everything is working fine.
    Since you got them changed after 11,000km did you get them fixed under warranty? Also how expensive was it incase you did it out of pocket?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by alfa_whsky View Post
    Hoping you would have received the delivery of your V2 by now as you were offered an early delivery. waiting for its pics and your initial review.
    Thanks @alfa_whsky for the follow up.
    I have not received my car yet because of certain delays such as the launch of a new FAW Heavy vehicle at the showroom on Friday (told him to keep my car wrapped up during). I went to see the car on Sat and there she was! Still can't give a review as I only sat in the cockpit for like 5min. Didn't even start the engine. I was annoyed that the car is coming from China without plastic wrapping on it because that would have saved the paint a lot. Still no minor imperfections in any of the trims or the paint so all in all a solid car. Brownie points for guessing the color.

Today I am going to be going to the showroom to give the remaining amount required for reg and tax. The total tax, I can now confirm , is Rs.57,000, broken up as 30,000(for filers), 19,000 and 8,000(this is service charge for import dept). That means this car will cost you Rs. 1,126,000 once it is at your home (in Karachi, freight not included). Once registration is complete I expect to bring her home on Thurs.
    Meanwhile I've asked Pakwheels website if I can write a blog w pics of all three cars under review but have not received a response. Where should I post the review? A new thread maybe?

P.S= I have pictures of the car I bought. Will share once someone guesses the right color!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have not received my car yet because of certain delays such as the launch of a new FAW Heavy vehicle at the showroom on Friday (told him to keep my car wrapped up during). I went to see the car on Sat and there she was! Still can't give a review as I only sat in the cockpit for like 5min. Didn't even start the engine. I was annoyed that the car is coming from China without plastic wrapping on it because that would have saved the paint a lot. Still no minor imperfections in any of the trims or the paint so all in all a solid car. Brownie points for guessing the color.

Today I am going to be going to the showroom to give the remaining amount required for reg and tax. The total tax, I can now confirm , is Rs.57,000, broken up as 30,000(for filers), 19,000 and 8,000(this is service charge for import dept). That means this car will cost you Rs. 1,126,000 once it is at your home (in Karachi, freight not included). Once registration is complete I expect to bring her home on Thurs.
    Meanwhile I've asked Pakwheels website if I can write a blog w pics of all three cars under review but have not received a response. Where should I post the review? A new thread maybe?

P.S= I have pictures of the car I bought. Will share once someone guesses the right color!
    Good to have the update, and we have our fingers crossed for a detailed review with pictures. For color, personally the silver one outshines the others but the redone and the golden one are also eye catching.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

But i think tax is not that much as its imported unit.. asked from an excise guy as i am also planning to buy it. As per him it was something around 7500 as a transfer tax.. means if import invoice is in company name only then..

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Tapatalk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abstrusemind View Post
    But i think tax is not that much as its imported unit.. asked from an excise guy as i am also planning to buy it. As per him it was something around 7500 as a transfer tax.. means if import invoice is in company name only then..

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Tapatalk
    Well the Import duty is paid by Al Haj so yes the tax is much lower than if it was JDM. Transfer tax as I was told is 8,000 (I doubt their marketing manager is going to short me of 500 only). You still have to pay the other taxes- Registration (30,000 for filers and 40,000 for non filers).
    I've given a very basic tax break up. For further info you can always check out the govt website: Welcome to official Web Portal of Excise Department, Government of Sindh

You will have to add up taxes that apply to you though. Remember its 1298 CC not 1300 CC.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List