20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default FAW V2 Owner's Review

So I finally made my Father agree and bought this beauty.
    Now you guys are gonna get the first owner's review I guess
    I've driven it for almost 500kms now.
    First talking about the drive,its beautiful and wonderful.
    The acceleration is just freakin awesome.
    I asked a friend who has 2013 gli to have a little race with me just to check the acceleration and I was amazed when the gli couldnt even catch up close :')
    The ABS brake is quite responsive.
    Although there's a little play in the paddle(if play means you have to press the paddle more).Bit the ABS WAS QUITE RESPONSIVE
    The suspension was also wonderful.
    I just felt of it like my dad's corolla.So comfortable that I'm totally satisfied.
    In the interior there's ample seat for a person like me (6''1' tall) on the front seats and the people on the back can also easily be entertained.
    I didnt have a usb so I borrowed it from a friend for a bit
    Usb played well and the two speakers did the job for me although I like high bass but they're perfect for doing the job .
    The steering is very easy to handle.
    The only issue I had was that it took me almost a day to get used to the opposite positions of headlights and viper knob.
    The plastic of interior as some people said isn't really cheap but the color sometimes make it look so in high sunlight.
    The grip of the car is amazing,just like a JDM as I'be previosuly owned a JDM.
    Why did I buy it?
    I had to buy a car now and my considerations were cultus,wagon r,used vitz and passo.
    It was quite difficult to make a choice.
    Pros:
    The car is brand new unlike JDMs,it wont make me go to the workshop again and again,even if there's anything wrong,its the company's headache to solve the problem upto 50,000 kms.
    It has dual airbags as compared to cultus and wagon r.
    Power windows,power steering,ABS which are not there in cultus.
    The drive is very smooth.
    It is way more powerful as it is 1300cc and I could not get any other 1300 cc new car in this range.
    Cultus and wagon r didnt werwe totally waved out of my mind after V2.

Cons:
    Uptill now no resale,but I am hapy that they have set up their plant in Karachi and they say they will be starting its local production in 2015 which means they are here to stay and make a name in the market.
    Spare parts although available all over Pakistan in 3S dealerships but not in open market uptill now.

I was able to convince myself that these cons are nothing infront of the pros so I finally decided to take it.I'm loving the ride untill now as its beautifull,sexy and a good performer.I'm sharing the pictures .I'll sooon be getting its body kit made aswell.
    Anything else you guys wanna ask me,you can.

Edited: 6th November 2015
    Ive used my V2 for almost a year now and I'm really satisfied with it.My brother has also bought a v2 after my experience in white color.
    He is also enjoying the ride.
    I would recommend anyone who has a budget of 1 million to go for this car.
    My brother got this Financed from JS bank.
    We're loving it

Attached Images Attached Images          

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aqeel.abass View Post
    Which dealership from you bought it?
    I have done from faw layalpur.
    Im pointing out for foam should be there under plastic lid.
    I bought it from FAW Peshawar. Bro i think layalpur is best 3S of Faw, peshawar one is so so. Please dont mind bro but from which kind of shop i can purchase the foam you are mentioning?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by waqar.azeem View Post
    I bought it from FAW Peshawar. Bro i think layalpur is best 3S of Faw, peshawar one is so so. Please dont mind bro but from which kind of shop i can purchase the foam you are mentioning?
    I think you can buy from any sofa matress selling shop or seat covers stiching shop

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Any body tell me about oil filter in v2,

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi,<br />
    <br />
    I purchased Swift 10 days ago, from day 1 there was some noise from rear wheel while driving slow. On speed of above 40 KM/H there was no sound. I went to suzuki dealer, he tried to repair but in vain, then he told me wheel bearing needs to be replaced under warrenty. When I went to replace bearing, he opened the wheel drum and said bearings are OK, drum needs to be replaced under warrenty. According to mechanic bearing shouldn't be moved in drum with hand but with hammer. <br />
    Anyhow he asked me to come after 5 days for drum replacement. When he fixes everything as it, there is no noise from rear wheel. My question is should I go for drum replacement after 5 days because I think their mechanic is not good. After opening and refixing same bearing there is no noise.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

From suzuki swift forum .. Guys all cars can have problems .. and Suzuki is one of the worst in quality.. trust me my family bought two new Alto Vxr in 2005.
    And their service isn't very good either.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Faw V2 also some minor issues and I know some times the service isn't very good but we can work ourselves to solve these minor issues.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You can install door rubbers to fix wind noise or some insulation and foam to remove cabin noise but you cannot add 300cc more power to Wagon R or Abs or Air Bags or independent suspension and much more.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by genius.phoenix View Post
    Hi,<br />
    <br />
    I purchased Swift 10 days ago, from day 1 there was some noise from rear wheel while driving slow. On speed of above 40 KM/H there was no sound. I went to suzuki dealer, he tried to repair but in vain, then he told me wheel bearing needs to be replaced under warrenty. When I went to replace bearing, he opened the wheel drum and said bearings are OK, drum needs to be replaced under warrenty. According to mechanic bearing shouldn't be moved in drum with hand but with hammer. <br />
    Anyhow he asked me to come after 5 days for drum replacement. When he fixes everything as it, there is no noise from rear wheel. My question is should I go for drum replacement after 5 days because I think their mechanic is not good. After opening and refixing same bearing there is no noise.

Brother, what is the reason of posting Suzuki Swift issues in FAW V2 forums. May be you want to let know others that even the suzuki has by default issues.
    And on the other hand you are guiding us to resolve the issues of FAW V2. It seems like you know very well this car, even the issues too....

the point is why did not you opt FAW V2?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

This was some one else's post on Swift forum. I noticed some users are getting disheartened by Noise issue in V2 so this post was to improve their morale.

BTW my lease application is in process for Faw V2 so hopefully I'll have one soon.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

This was some one else's post on Swift forum. I noticed some users are getting disheartened by Noise issue in V2 so this post was to improve their morale.

BTW my lease application is in process for Faw V2 so hopefully I'll have one soon.

a minor problem in one outta hundreds of swifts that got solved in one visit vs. facing same issue in every v2. we can easily conclude suzuki is better in quality. even a German car right out of showroom can have issues but it is the probability of its occurrence that matters.
    Bella, You give me everything just by REVing - NEONLIGHT SAGA: NEWTUBE

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by usman_arooq2 View Post
    a minor problem in one outta hundreds of swifts that got solved in one visit vs. facing same issue in every v2. we can easily conclude suzuki is better in quality. even a German car right out of showroom can have issues but it is the probability of its occurrence that matters.
    i agree with you Pak suzuki is better in quality and technology as you can see it specially suzuki mehran and caltus, bolan Van and ravi cargo van and also suzuki liana, these are world best quality product of pak suzuki in pakistan, you think its minor prob in our auto industry. every one """"""can easily conclude suzuki is better in quality""""" is it a jock with pakistani awam???

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi,<br />
    <br />
    drum needs to be replaced under warrenty. <br />
    Anyhow he asked me to come after 5 days for drum replacement.
    Quote Originally Posted by usman_arooq2 View Post
    It accidentally got fixed, mechanic told him to come back after 5 days. Also my friend bought new Cultus in 2011, took him a month to get his brake fixed. Two new 2005 Alto VXR in my home also had issues, both had leak fuel tank. These are some of my first hand issues. Everyone knows about Suzuki quality.
    Check my comment in Wagor R owner's review two days back. I quoted a Suzuki lover that had some not so good things to say about Cultus.

The point is Suzuki PKDM quality is not that great and everyone agrees on it. Swift I must say is a lot better than other Suzuki's (3 lac more expensive too). Don't have personal experience with Wagon R. But minor interior quality issues cannot negate the 300cc power, ABS, Air Bags, great suspension which V2 has.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Also the common issues that have been reported in V2 are:
    1. Wind Noise issue. Due to missing door rubbers. Not an un-fixable problem by any means.
    2. Brake Noise. That too is fixed before 1000km service.

No one has reported any issues with Engine, Brakes, Suspension, Electronics or other major systems.

Around 4,5 users have reported excessive cabin noise (khar khar) sound. Those users mostly belong to areas with poor roads. This can easily result from rash driving. Trust me I am really bad at taking care of cars and even a New Civic would start giving noise if I keep it. Corolla on the other hand is made for rough use but not Suzuki's and not this V2.

No car is perfect and this v2 is also not perfect but in bang for buck this is way better than Suzuki options.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It accidentally got fixed, mechanic told him to come back after 5 days. Also my friend bought new Cultus in 2011, took him a month to get his brake fixed. Two new 2005 Alto VXR in my home also had issues, both had leak fuel tank. These are some of my first hand issues. Everyone knows about Suzuki quality.
    Check my comment in Wagor R owner's review two days back. I quoted a Suzuki lover that had some not so good things to say about Cultus.

The point is Suzuki PKDM quality is not that great and everyone agrees on it. Swift I must say is a lot better than other Suzuki's (3 lac more expensive too). Don't have personal experience with Wagon R. But minor interior quality issues cannot negate the 300cc power, ABS, Air Bags, great suspension which V2 has.
    Alto vxr is not at all such a crap as you are mentioning. Maybe it met some mishap. Atleast i warrant for its reliableness and performance. Maybe yes, its body quality is not too tough but it definitely meets expectations by all means. Powerful ac, good engine, slightly bigger than mehran so easy to park etc etc.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kashifjaved86 View Post
    i agree with you Pak suzuki is better in quality and technology as you can see it specially suzuki mehran and caltus, bolan Van and ravi cargo van and also suzuki liana, these are world best quality product of pak suzuki in pakistan, you think its minor prob in our auto industry. every one """"""can easily conclude suzuki is better in quality""""" is it a jock with pakistani awam???
    History tells that suzuki cars are a 'Way of life' in paki and india. I recall people loving their QQ, Joy,Santro and joking around for Alto, Cultus...but, see what happened in the end. None of parts are available in paki now. No after sales service, no mechanic recommends them, noone to fix their issues just because the companies wind up and runs away. And by all means Santro, Joy were better than alto and cultus. But suzuki is suzuki - consider it fortunate or unfortunate - its a Way of Life

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abid110 View Post
    History tells that suzuki cars are a 'Way of life' in paki and india. I recall people loving their QQ, Joy,Santro and joking around for Alto, Cultus...but, see what happened in the end. None of parts are available in paki now. No after sales service, no mechanic recommends them, noone to fix their issues just because the companies wind up and runs away. And by all means Santro, Joy were better than alto and cultus. But suzuki is suzuki - consider it fortunate or unfortunate - its a Way of Life
    Ok suzuki lover . What about your liana n balano?
    Any mechanic recomm it ?
    Liana to koi 5 lakh me b na lay.
    So stop it now n go away your suzuki lovers club

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You are right but did you ever ask this question why is this so? Because only very few people bought these cars and most kept buying Suzuki's because of resale. How can Suzuki keep selling that same 25 year old mehran??? Because we keep buying it!

Now if we keep thinking selfishly k why should I take the risk. If the company is hit then I will buy it's cars then nothing is going to change. How can company become successful if we keep waiting for it be a success instead of buying on merit. It's a vicious circle we have trapped ourselves in and if we don't break it we will end up buying Mehrans for the next decade.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aqeel.abass View Post
    Ok suzuki lover . What about your liana n balano?
    Any mechanic recomm it ?
    Liana to koi 5 lakh me b na lay.
    So stop it now n go away your suzuki lovers club
    Liana and baleno are 'keeper' cars like a Nissan sunny and Lancer...no mechanic recommends any of those. But, the real car lovers know what exactly these machines are..and they are always proud of owning them.

Anyways, when you people can openly criticize Suzuki and all other brands except for FAW, then we have full right to come up with justificstions..simple..and its all open forum..all can comment...you cannot ask me or anyone to 'go away'... Or password protect your thread so that only limited people can access here...*peace*

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You are right but did you ever ask this question why is this so? Because only very few people bought these cars and most kept buying Suzuki's because of resale. How can Suzuki keep selling that same 25 year old mehran??? Because we keep buying it!

Now if we keep thinking selfishly k why should I take the risk. If the company is hit then I will buy it's cars then nothing is going to change. How can company become successful if we keep waiting for it be a success instead of buying on merit. It's a vicious circle we have trapped ourselves in and if we don't break it we will end up buying Mehrans for the next decade.
    Hahaha btw i am the biggest critic of mehran and cultus! Ye dono cars jab dunya me delete huey 20 saal guzar gaey, aur abhi bhi hum brand new lete hain and wo bhi for 10+ lacs (cultus) jisme kuch bhi powered nahi hai :p

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Santro Dewan was doing pretty but they shot themselves in the foot with poor financial management and debt. What gives me Hope about FAW is these things:

1. China State Owned company like China Mobile (Zong) so it has massive backing.

2. Al-Haj, Faw's local partner has established assembling plant with 100% equity, no debts. The companies you mentioned never had their own assembling plants. V2 local assembly will start at the end of this year.

3. Faw has massive footprint in trucking business in Pakistan. Almost 50% market share. Also they have been selling and now assembling Carriers and XPV for quite a while now.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List