20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default FAW V2 Owner's Review

So I finally made my Father agree and bought this beauty.
    Now you guys are gonna get the first owner's review I guess
    I've driven it for almost 500kms now.
    First talking about the drive,its beautiful and wonderful.
    The acceleration is just freakin awesome.
    I asked a friend who has 2013 gli to have a little race with me just to check the acceleration and I was amazed when the gli couldnt even catch up close :')
    The ABS brake is quite responsive.
    Although there's a little play in the paddle(if play means you have to press the paddle more).Bit the ABS WAS QUITE RESPONSIVE
    The suspension was also wonderful.
    I just felt of it like my dad's corolla.So comfortable that I'm totally satisfied.
    In the interior there's ample seat for a person like me (6''1' tall) on the front seats and the people on the back can also easily be entertained.
    I didnt have a usb so I borrowed it from a friend for a bit
    Usb played well and the two speakers did the job for me although I like high bass but they're perfect for doing the job .
    The steering is very easy to handle.
    The only issue I had was that it took me almost a day to get used to the opposite positions of headlights and viper knob.
    The plastic of interior as some people said isn't really cheap but the color sometimes make it look so in high sunlight.
    The grip of the car is amazing,just like a JDM as I'be previosuly owned a JDM.
    Why did I buy it?
    I had to buy a car now and my considerations were cultus,wagon r,used vitz and passo.
    It was quite difficult to make a choice.
    Pros:
    The car is brand new unlike JDMs,it wont make me go to the workshop again and again,even if there's anything wrong,its the company's headache to solve the problem upto 50,000 kms.
    It has dual airbags as compared to cultus and wagon r.
    Power windows,power steering,ABS which are not there in cultus.
    The drive is very smooth.
    It is way more powerful as it is 1300cc and I could not get any other 1300 cc new car in this range.
    Cultus and wagon r didnt werwe totally waved out of my mind after V2.

Cons:
    Uptill now no resale,but I am hapy that they have set up their plant in Karachi and they say they will be starting its local production in 2015 which means they are here to stay and make a name in the market.
    Spare parts although available all over Pakistan in 3S dealerships but not in open market uptill now.

I was able to convince myself that these cons are nothing infront of the pros so I finally decided to take it.I'm loving the ride untill now as its beautifull,sexy and a good performer.I'm sharing the pictures .I'll sooon be getting its body kit made aswell.
    Anything else you guys wanna ask me,you can.

Edited: 6th November 2015
    Ive used my V2 for almost a year now and I'm really satisfied with it.My brother has also bought a v2 after my experience in white color.
    He is also enjoying the ride.
    I would recommend anyone who has a budget of 1 million to go for this car.
    My brother got this Financed from JS bank.
    We're loving it

Attached Images Attached Images          

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Newb3e View Post
    More apt comparition is caltus wagon r and i am getting v2 on monday tried wagon r and its garbage with cycle tires!

Insha Allah on monday ill get v2 sunshine gold color!
    Good choice

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Faw v2 is a nice car in this budget and we also have to support faw and we have to break big three monopoly

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by genius.phoenix View Post
    10% quality decrease only in interior plastic vs 70% increase in features. I think we can tell which is the better deal.
    You also conveniently ignored my other posts.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

i've ignored the posts that weren't addressed to me and the quality decrease is not only to interior plastic but every piece of equipment. people point to interior because it can be easily noticed. even if the Toyota transferred the technology, same is the case with qmobile. which also coming with same arm cortex cores, same mali graphic chipsets as a samsung. and those having Qmobiles also say that specs and features are good for the price but quality isn't.
    Bella, You give me everything just by REVing - NEONLIGHT SAGA: NEWTUBE

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by usman_arooq2 View Post
    i've ignored the posts that weren't addressed to me and the quality decrease is not only to interior plastic but every piece of equipment. people point to interior because it can be easily noticed. even if the Toyota transferred the technology, same is the case with qmobile. which also coming with same arm cortex cores, same mali graphic chipsets as a samsung. and those having Qmobiles also say that specs and features are good for the price but quality isn't.
    Okay quality of interior inst there but car in the price range ie wagon r and caltus lack basics feature...i havnt got mine yet but i have driven it twice and read reviews and i can say that this car is better than anything available in this price range.only con id say is resale but that has to do with us we blindly buy crap suzuki products!

And just because its chinese doesnt mean its ****! That again has to do with our market we dont import good quality chinese products,all major electoric brands are assembled in china the phone i am using mi4c (i dont know if you guys know Xiaomi) its has all top specs feature and quality and its chinese and price is awesome! So chinese doesnr always equal shitty quality!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

So what are you trying to say ?
    Would appreciate if you can differentiate between the quality of cars being assembled in Pakistan with V2.
    Bring any car being assembled in Pakistan and I can assure you that I will prove you that V2 is worth more than those so called Japanese cars. I can prove it practically as well as theoretically as well. I would request you to please stop discouraging V2 users. This platform is to discuss pros and cons users have noticed or experienced in their V2s.

I am using it since more than a year and I feel it is a great car.

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by DeViL_UnLeAsHeD View Post
    So what are you trying to say ?
    Would appreciate if you can differentiate between the quality of cars being assembled in Pakistan with V2.
    Bring any car being assembled in Pakistan and I can assure you that I will prove you that V2 is worth more than those so called Japanese cars. I can prove it practically as well as theoretically as well. I would request you to please stop discouraging V2 users. This platform is to discuss pros and cons users have noticed or experienced in their V2s.

I am using it since more than a year and I feel it is a great car.

not discouraging anyone, i stopped messing with v2 owners until someone said something about it being better than swift. it produces noises, has cheap interior, comes with a cheap stereo, its airbags fail to provide any extra safety all these issues are present in brand new cars and not in a few but in all. I agree that it is good for what it is in its price, but i fail to understand how'd you prove its worth. i'm not discouraging any v2 user including my class fellow but expressing my opinion about it. I've had first hand experience with this car for past 5 months. I'm sure its more than many owners here and entitles me the right to speak about it.

XiaoMi had distinguished itself from other "Chinese" manufacturers as providing quality products at low prices but I don't see such case with FAW.

my point is that their products are good with more features but not comparatively better. even santro was way more successful at a time when people were afraid to accept "alien" cars. if the quality was present v2 would have been a success too in today's scenario where people are giving up on resale to buy "better" products.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

not discouraging anyone, i stopped messing with v2 owners until someone said something about it being better than swift. it produces noises, has cheap interior, comes with a cheap stereo, its airbags fail to provide any extra safety all these issues are present in brand new cars and not in a few but in all. I agree that it is good for what it is in its price, but i fail to understand how'd you prove its worth. i'm not discouraging any v2 user including my class fellow but expressing my opinion about it. I've had first hand experience with this car for past 5 months. I'm sure its more than many owners here and entitles me the right to speak about it.

XiaoMi had distinguished itself from other "Chinese" manufacturers as providing quality products at low prices but I don't see such case with FAW.

my point is that their products are good with more features but not comparatively better. even santro was way more successful at a time when people were afraid to accept "alien" cars. if the quality was present v2 would have been a success too in today's scenario where people are giving up on resale to buy "better" products.
    So you mean suzuki cars are providing chest protection?
    Can you sqy some thing about neck injuries.
    Your suzuki doesn't have head restraints @ rear seats.
    Now come to the wind noise problem i have installed new rubbers so its solved.there is no wind noise now I will upload pictures tomorrow. It cost me 1500.
    Stereo is perfect for normal routine user.if you wana show off then install subwoofer or extra speakers.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

And from where did you get the data that V2 has noise issues, and comes with a cheap stereo and amazingly you also know that its airbags also fails to provide safety. V2 has 3 star crash testing report which no other car in Pakistan has Except Toyota Altis Grande and Civic.

Come on bhai ... Stop spreading false claims made by your own self and stop defending Crap Suzuki. Suzuki Swift production in Pakistan has come to a halt recently due to NO SALE.

V2 has a much better value for money against Suzuki Crap.

You must be some unlucky guy who unfortunately got a bad V2.

I would recommend you to take your V2 to some dealer and get it checked. (If you have one)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

All we need here is more competition. Sub seedhay hoo jaye ge.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Salam v2 lovers. Here is wind noise solution. Cost me all 4 door 1600
    The job was done from faisalabad😊☺☺☺
    Attached Images Attached Images     

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aqeel.abass View Post
    The job was done from faisalabad😊☺☺☺
    Good.. i will also go for it,, also how is the door closing sound now?? I did't like it at all without rubbers.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Tapatalk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abstrusemind View Post
    Good.. i will also go for it,, also how is the door closing sound now?? I did't like it at all without rubbers.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Tapatalk
    Door closing sound perfect now

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

As per my knowledge cars have to go through some major tests including road test before launching in the market...so how come this noise issue remain...so the point is why would we have to install extra rubber on brand new car...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by noman.usman View Post
    As per my knowledge cars have to go through some major tests including road test before launching in the market...so how come this noise issue remain...so the point is why would we have to install extra rubber on brand new car...
    Then improve your knowledge. I have one question to you. Why honda recall civic models over 2.2 million due to air bag failure ?
    They have tested everything.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

By your logic 90% PKDM cars would never make it to showrooms. Lolz. As stated above ^^ car recalls are very common. Faw has stated they would recall cars for this issue when local assembly begins in few months and fix it at showrooms.

But how would you know this: 1. You are just hating. 2. Current local companies actually have never cared enough about issues in their cars to do a recall.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

what about this in America??? V2 only missing a rubber that can be installed from local market.
    Honda America asked its dealers to stop sales of the new 2.0-liter Civic last week. The stop-sale order was reportedly issued “due to potentially missing or misset piston pin snap rings that may cause engine stall or failure.”

https://www.pakwheels.com/blog/2016-...ngine-problem/

did you think Pak suzuki Re cal wagon R for Tyre change due to its out balancing?? or they re cal for Rear power windows and power side mirror in his VXL package??

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It seems like no body is going to tolerate the shortcomings in V2

nothing is error free (man made) in this world...anyhow its a nice car in this budget I beleive....I wish this car make a strong position in the market...

Allah o Akbar

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

"...its airbags fail to provide any extra safety..."
    Really? Did you conduct a vigorous safety test? I would love to see the results and compare them to NCAP results who gave the car a 3 star rating.

Seriously, everyone is entitled to their opinion but please stop with the baseless opinions and factoids. One of the reasons I only jump into this thread occasionally now is because so many pages have been filled with the same useless discussion. This is the owner's review, not the "I don't own it but here's what I think" thread. I would strongly urge all people who want to vent at the V2 to start a separate thread where they can do this to their hearts content.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aqeel.abass View Post
    The job was done from faisalabad��☺☺☺
    Aqeel bhai you have my respect for sharing this. I've been waiting for someone to get the rubbers installed and provide some more information about it. Jazakallah khair. This was the only slight annoyance I've had with the V2 and it isn't really a technical fault. Good to see it's so easily fixed!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rebeloasis View Post
    Really? Did you conduct a vigorous safety test? I would love to see the results and compare them to NCAP results who gave the car a 3 star rating.

Seriously, everyone is entitled to their opinion but please stop with the baseless opinions and factoids. One of the reasons I only jump into this thread occasionally now is because so many pages have been filled with the same useless discussion. This is the owner's review, not the "I don't own it but here's what I think" thread. I would strongly urge all people who want to vent at the V2 to start a separate thread where they can do this to their hearts content.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeViL_UnLeAsHeD View Post
    And from where did you get the data that V2 has noise issues, and comes with a cheap stereo and amazingly you also know that its airbags also fails to provide safety. V2 has 3 star crash testing report which no other car in Pakistan has Except Toyota Altis Grande and Civic.

Come on bhai ... Stop spreading false claims made by your own self and stop defending Crap Suzuki. Suzuki Swift production in Pakistan has come to a halt recently due to NO SALE.

V2 has a much better value for money against Suzuki Crap.

You must be some unlucky guy who unfortunately got a bad V2.

I would recommend you to take your V2 to some dealer and get it checked. (If you have one)

2 stars, it managed 2, and it had zero chest protection(can't get the purpose of airbags with such poor result) according to cncap. I didn't make a claim myself, all the supporting evidence is present in my previous posts. so i'm not but you are the one misleading people here.

I'm right about the stereo, It doesn't compare with any clarion or alpine, it is barely better than mehran's automate one.

the vehicle isn't mine but of my class fellow, we car pool. I've put on more than 4000km on it out of 96xx total(he was at my place a few hours ago, he himself has similar opinion about his car). based in Sialkot the 3 year warranty is hassle for us to travel to Gujranwala while bearing chun chan noises for each service, the dealership at FAW Gujranwala has failed to solve noise issues yet, they changed the brake pads once without labor charges(we had to pay for the pads as they were consumables) at 5k KM but that didn't solve the issue(dealership mechanic said that the noise will be gone after pads are bedded in).

also I'm not the only one complaining here about quality issues.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List