Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 155
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: Confusion for Purchasing FAW V2 or Toyota Passo

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    mmsiddique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    34
    Posts
    54
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default Confusion for Purchasing FAW V2 or Toyota Passo

    Dear PWers, I'm pretty much confused about selecting from above cars. I have a budget of 1M +- and I need a car for some three years as I am not a fast car changer type of driver.
    Previously I have owned Mehran, Cultus, Vitz. So auto and manual tranny are not a problem factor. What I need is peace of mind with quality and some trouble free years.
    About my driving, I'm not a speed racer. Further, I need a car for daily runner and some 50+ KMs in a week so economy will also not be deciding factor. One item I need to mention here is my travel of around 600kms every month. Half of which is on GT road and other 300 on local roads. By local roads I mean metal (desi) roads. And that too with 4 persons and luggage as well.

    Will be very great if help is provided to decide please

    Appreciating input from existing owners of V2 and Passo as well.


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

  2. #2
    PakWheeler Follow
    imran.y1981's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    35
    Posts
    25
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    If u plan on selling in short term, then u should consider resale as v2 resale wise is risky as its a new entrant and will take long to sell at your desired price. My brother sold his Passo in under a week at the same price he bought it 4 years earlier.

    Quality wise there is no doubt Passo is better but keep in mind its a used car which may have hidden problems. V2 on the other hand is brand new and under warranty.

    Fuel wise manual cars are always better but auto cars are a pleasure to drive.

    In the end its up to you and what u think matters most. I hope this helps, best of luck.

  3. #3
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    zuhaibafzal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    5,654
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    4

    Default

    Go for Passo.
    Eat Well ~ Travel Often

  4. #4
    PakWheeler Follow
    humayun.chughtai.7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Multan
    Age
    20
    Posts
    619
    Follows
    2
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    There is no comparison between a chinese brand (FAW) & JDM (PASSO) !
    Go for for Passo anyday with eyes closed, but make sure that you are buying the vehicle with verified auction sheet

  5. #5
    PakWheeler Follow
    zee5han's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    277
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    passo ,
    v2 has no resale parts only availble with faw ,
    plus it looks ugly as **** from the front

  6. #6
    PakWheeler Follow
    aqeel.abass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Other
    Age
    26
    Posts
    330
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zee5han View Post
    passo ,
    v2 has no resale parts only availble with faw ,
    plus it looks ugly as **** from the front
    ha ha very funy which part u are looking for faw v2?
    n where i will buy the pasoo parts n after buying any warnnty?

  7. #7
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    salmanrasheedpsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Peshawar
    Posts
    1,708
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Passo or wagon r


    Sent from my iPod touch using PW Forums

  8. #8
    PakWheeler Follow
    aqeel.abass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Other
    Age
    26
    Posts
    330
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mmsiddique View Post
    Dear PWers, I'm pretty much confused about selecting from above cars. I have a budget of 1M +- and I need a car for some three years as I am not a fast car changer type of driver.
    Previously I have owned Mehran, Cultus, Vitz. So auto and manual tranny are not a problem factor. What I need is peace of mind with quality and some trouble free years.
    About my driving, I'm not a speed racer. Further, I need a car for daily runner and some 50+ KMs in a week so economy will also not be deciding factor. One item I need to mention here is my travel of around 600kms every month. Half of which is on GT road and other 300 on local roads. By local roads I mean metal (desi) roads. And that too with 4 persons and luggage as well.

    Will be very great if help is provided to decide please

    Appreciating input from existing owners of V2 and Passo as well.


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    bro if u dont have resale issue then buy faw v2.
    brand new cars mean tens free car for at least for 5year
    n one main thing is faw is well known company google it n u will know abt the compnay reputation
    if u are talking about the parts u can buy it from any 3s dealer.

  9. #9
    PakWheeler Follow
    aqeel.abass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Other
    Age
    26
    Posts
    330
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    i will recommend dont go for passo

    chose between wagon r n faw v2

    take test drive for both then deside.

  10. #10
    PakWheeler Follow
    mmsiddique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    34
    Posts
    54
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by imran.y1981 View Post
    If u plan on selling in short term, then u should consider resale as v2 resale wise is risky as its a new entrant and will take long to sell at your desired price. My brother sold his Passo in under a week at the same price he bought it 4 years earlier.

    Quality wise there is no doubt Passo is better but keep in mind its a used car which may have hidden problems. V2 on the other hand is brand new and under warranty.

    Fuel wise manual cars are always better but auto cars are a pleasure to drive.

    In the end its up to you and what u think matters most. I hope this helps, best of luck.
    What about traveling out of city with four person aboard?


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

  11. #11
    PakWheeler Follow
    mmsiddique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    34
    Posts
    54
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by salmanrasheedpsh View Post
    Passo or wagon r


    Sent from my iPod touch using PW Forums

    WagonR is out of race in my mind bro. Suzuki sucks in terms of quality and safety measures. Further resale is not a factor for me as wagonR is only having edge over V2 on account of resale

    Sorry to Suzuki lovers as I have driven all pkdm Suzuki cars in past including Liana, their top of the line vehicle for a couple of years


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

  12. #12
    PakWheeler Follow
    mmsiddique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    34
    Posts
    54
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aqeel.abass View Post
    bro if u dont have resale issue then buy faw v2.
    brand new cars mean tens free car for at least for 5year
    n one main thing is faw is well known company google it n u will know abt the compnay reputation
    if u are talking about the parts u can buy it from any 3s dealer.
    Where we can rate support from Faw 3S dealers on a band of 1 to 10 as compared to others?


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

  13. #13
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    salmanrasheedpsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Peshawar
    Posts
    1,708
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mmsiddique View Post
    WagonR is out of race in my mind bro. Suzuki sucks in terms of quality and safety measures. Further resale is not a factor for me as wagonR is only having edge over V2 on account of resale

    Sorry to Suzuki lovers as I have driven all pkdm Suzuki cars in past including Liana, their top of the line vehicle for a couple of years


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    bro passo only if u can find one with authentic auction report


    Sent from my iPod touch using PW Forums

  14. #14
    PakWheeler Follow
    kashifjaved86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Faisalabad
    Age
    30
    Posts
    324
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Brother did you Know JDM cars are used many of these are accidental and some one are use less for Japanese they return these cars to company, after that these cars refurnished, most of them are with expired air bags, they export to those countries where peoples are no care abut cars safety, and compatibility, they are still love with khota mehran and khota caltus, (i don't say these are cars). so brother there is no warranty of TOYOTA PASSO in pakistan and also no parts availability in Pakistan. and FAW V2 has 3S dealership in Pakistan and also 3 year warranty and also first 3 free services. so if you want a comfort and tension free drive your choice shuld be FAW V2 am also using this car since 3 mnts i love it

  15. #15
    PakWheeler Follow
    kashifjaved86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Faisalabad
    Age
    30
    Posts
    324
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    brother its not a reason for choosing PASSO

  16. #16
    PakWheeler Follow
    kashifjaved86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Faisalabad
    Age
    30
    Posts
    324
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    price of toyota passo is around 13.5 lakh and faw V2 is 1.5 lakh V2 is 1300 CC powerfull engn and Passo is 1000 CC

  17. #17
    PakWheeler Follow
    kashifjaved86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Faisalabad
    Age
    30
    Posts
    324
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Registration Charges of Toyota Pass is around 60 thousand and V2 30 thousand becaus its advance tax is already paid

  18. #18
    PakWheeler Follow
    kashifjaved86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Faisalabad
    Age
    30
    Posts
    324
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aqeel.abass View Post
    i will recommend dont go for passo

    chose between wagon r n faw v2

    take test drive for both then deside.
    Brother there is no comparison of V2 and Wagon R Because Wagn R hase no ABS and EBD no air Bags no comfrt no power windows(just onlu frunt ) and also no no road grip if you get a test drive then you feel it

  19. #19
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Sarkaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,002
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kashifjaved86 View Post
    Brother there is no comparison of V2 and Wagon R Because Wagn R hase no ABS and EBD no air Bags no comfrt no power windows(just onlu frunt ) and also no no road grip if you get a test drive then you feel it
    People have done full meter on WR, yes, people went upto 170 km/hr on WR. I admit that it lacks ABS but ABS is used for only emergency purposes, WR brakes are good enough. It has engine that produces 67 hp same as 1kr-fe for vitz, it is more fuel efficient than v2 in any given situation, Quality of plastic is not like cultus or mehran it is way better. WR AC is like corolla and i am not exaggerating believe me technically WR is the best car by suzuki till date. V2 is overall better car then WR but resale and parts does matter, I really hope that FAW keep holding the ground and establish its market, for time being going for V2 is the gamble, what if FAW discontinue it ? if not then V2 is a really good buy, but if not it will lose its value.
    Corolla Altis 1.6 2016-to date
    Wagon R VXL 2014-2016

  20. #20
    PakWheeler Follow
    kashifjaved86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Faisalabad
    Age
    30
    Posts
    324
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarkaar View Post
    People have done full meter on WR, yes, people went upto 170 km/hr on WR. I admit that it lacks ABS but ABS is used for only emergency purposes, WR brakes are good enough. It has engine that produces 67 hp same as 1kr-fe for vitz, it is more fuel efficient than v2 in any given situation, Quality of plastic is not like cultus or mehran it is way better. WR AC is like corolla and i am not exaggerating believe me technically WR is the best car by suzuki till date. V2 is overall better car then WR but resale and parts does matter, I really hope that FAW keep holding the ground and establish its market, for time being going for V2 is the gamble, what if FAW discontinue it ? if not then V2 is a really good buy, but if not it will lose its value.
    brother plz dont mind , i think you dont know technology and dont Know What is ABS, in other countries GOVT did not approve any motor vehicle to come on the road with out ABS, ABS is Anti Lock Barack System, at every time it needs for yore car not only for emergency.
    you say every one want to move with 170/ KMh you think its it possible if you have a care with out ABS, air Bags, with out road grip, and also with cheep tyres of General ??????? i think its a huge Life risk. in other hand FAW V2 has all these technologies and also door beem Crasher that protect you and your Family during traveling. just one thing if wagon R is the best car then why they reduce price of wagon R ????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •