0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Confusion for Purchasing FAW V2 or Toyota Passo

Dear PWers, I'm pretty much confused about selecting from above cars. I have a budget of 1M +- and I need a car for some three years as I am not a fast car changer type of driver.
    Previously I have owned Mehran, Cultus, Vitz. So auto and manual tranny are not a problem factor. What I need is peace of mind with quality and some trouble free years.
    About my driving, I'm not a speed racer. Further, I need a car for daily runner and some 50+ KMs in a week so economy will also not be deciding factor. One item I need to mention here is my travel of around 600kms every month. Half of which is on GT road and other 300 on local roads. By local roads I mean metal (desi) roads. And that too with 4 persons and luggage as well.

Will be very great if help is provided to decide please

Appreciating input from existing owners of V2 and Passo as well.

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kashifjaved86 View Post
    Brother there is no comparison of V2 and Wagon R Because Wagn R hase no ABS and EBD no air Bags no comfrt no power windows(just onlu frunt ) and also no no road grip if you get a test drive then you feel it
    I have already ruled out all pkdm suzuki's so wagonR is not an option

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Brother did you Know JDM cars are used many of these are accidental and some one are use less for Japanese they return these cars to company, after that these cars refurnished, most of them are with expired air bags, they export to those countries where peoples are no care abut cars safety, and compatibility, they are still love with khota mehran and khota caltus, (i don't say these are cars). so brother there is no warranty of TOYOTA PASSO in pakistan and also no parts availability in Pakistan. and FAW V2 has 3S dealership in Pakistan and also 3 year warranty and also first 3 free services. so if you want a comfort and tension free drive your choice shuld be FAW V2 am also using this car since 3 mnts i love it
    Thanks for your quite valuable input helping me deciding a good value for money. Will be great if we could talk over phone for the same

Can you please pm me your contact number

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mmsiddique View Post
    Thanks for your quite valuable input helping me deciding a good value for money. Will be great if we could talk over phone for the same

sory to say not an Value for money value for life..... 03336611238

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mmsiddique View Post

sory to say not an Value for money value for life..... 03336611238

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

brother plz dont mind , i think you dont know technology and dont Know What is ABS, in other countries GOVT did not approve any motor vehicle to come on the road with out ABS, ABS is Anti Lock Barack System, at every time it needs for yore car not only for emergency.
    you say every one want to move with 170/ KMh you think its it possible if you have a care with out ABS, air Bags, with out road grip, and also with cheep tyres of General ??????? i think its a huge Life risk. in other hand FAW V2 has all these technologies and also door beem Crasher that protect you and your Family during traveling. just one thing if wagon R is the best car then why they reduce price of wagon R ????
    Car prices dropped all over due to Depreciating Japanese yen, if someone has imported JDM car in 2013 and 2014, he is also selling for the loss, please check PKR to JPY conversion, Japanese yen went 6 years low this year, now it is recovering.

On ABS, i know the tech, it is very important to have but it is not the MUST have, even xli, cultus, swift dx does not have it. It reduces the braking distance and avoid tires to lock so the friction remains there. It is a must have feature in bigger cars. So not having ABS in small cars is like making a compromise which i have made for better resale, better brand name, Engine specs (k10b is more economical than v2 engine). This is just my point of view, it could not make sense to you but priorities vary from person to person.
    Corolla Altis 1.6 2016-to date
    Wagon R VXL 2014-2016

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Brother plz tell me, its effect is only at wagon R price???? its due to failure of this car because it has no road grip, no air bags no ABS no immobilizer and poor body. i think you are compromising with your life. there is not only one difference so i compromise (ABS, EBD, Air Bags, immobilizer, Door beem Crasher, Independent Suspension, Henoko Imported Brand New Tyre with alloy "We can use Up To 60 Thousand KM" and Heavy body as compared to Vitz, Corola Suzuki) how much Reason Brother how i can compromised with my life??? v2 is economical as 15 / letter i think it is the best, when you comparing it with XLi Caltus and swift,

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkaar View Post
    Car prices dropped all over due to Depreciating Japanese yen, if someone has imported JDM car in 2013 and 2014, he is also selling for the loss, please check PKR to JPY conversion, Japanese yen went 6 years low this year, now it is recovering.

On ABS, i know the tech, it is very important to have but it is not the MUST have, even xli, cultus, swift dx does not have it. It reduces the braking distance and avoid tires to lock so the friction remains there. It is a must have feature in bigger cars. So not having ABS in small cars is like making a compromise which i have made for better resale, better brand name, Engine specs (k10b is more economical than v2 engine). This is just my point of view, it could not make sense to you but priorities vary from person to person.
    Brother plz tell me, its effect is only at wagon R price???? its due to failure of this car because it has no road grip, no air bags no ABS no immobilizer and poor body. i think you are compromising with your life. there is not only one difference so i compromise (ABS, EBD, Air Bags, immobilizer, Door beem Crasher, Independent Suspension, Henoko Imported Brand New Tyre with alloy "We can use Up To 60 Thousand KM" and Heavy body as compared to Vitz, Corola Suzuki) how much Reason Brother how i can compromised with my life??? v2 is economical as 15 / letter i think it is the best, when you comparing it with XLi Caltus and swift, and k10b series 998 cc (60.9 cu in) DOHC 12-valve (67HP) 3 slander that produce noise and vibration due to 3 slander, in other had V2 has L4, OHC 16-valve EFI Multi point Fuel ingestion 1300 CC (91Hp) 4 slander.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Brother plz tell me, its effect is only at wagon R price???? its due to failure of this car because it has no road grip, no air bags no ABS no immobilizer and poor body. i think you are compromising with your life. there is not only one difference so i compromise (ABS, EBD, Air Bags, immobilizer, Door beem Crasher, Independent Suspension, Henoko Imported Brand New Tyre with alloy "We can use Up To 60 Thousand KM" and Heavy body as compared to Vitz, Corola Suzuki) how much Reason Brother how i can compromised with my life??? v2 is economical as 15 / letter i think it is the best, when you comparing it with XLi Caltus and swift, and k10b series 998 cc (60.9 cu in) DOHC 12-valve (67HP) 3 slander that produce noise and vibration due to 3 slander, in other had V2 has L4, OHC 16-valve EFI Multi point Fuel ingestion 1300 CC (91Hp) 4 slander.
    wagon r does have immobilizer, door beams and engine design is more than 5 year ahead of that 1.3, it is a well balanced engine and there's only minor vibration at idle, it doesn't produce more noise than a v2 in routine driving rpm and at high rpm/speed, i'd rather hear my engine, than wind noise from back screen. wagon r is more economical, 15 for faw is an exaggerated figure, in the conditions required for 15kmpl, wagon r does 20-22, v2's mileage is 12-13 and wagon r does 15+ in routine driving. the body is better than wagon r but not comparable to vitz, corolla, swift even. talking about compromising lives, a lot of population is driving mehran, cultus, xli, alto, swift dx, honda city older than 2009 and other cars without abs, need of abs is if car looses grip upon braking, which corolla 2002-2007 is notorious for, one who does know the limits of his car can modulate brake pressure properly on a car with sufficient grip and predictable handling can achieve shorter braking distance than abs(there are even videos on it), abs increases braking distance on gravel, unpaved, damaged roads actually.
    Bella, You give me everything just by REVing - NEONLIGHT SAGA: NEWTUBE

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by usman_arooq2 View Post
    wagon r does have immobilizer, door beams and engine design is more than 5 year ahead of that 1.3, it is a well balanced engine and there's only minor vibration at idle, it doesn't produce more noise than a v2 in routine driving rpm and at high rpm/speed, i'd rather hear my engine, than wind noise from back screen. wagon r is more economical, 15 for faw is an exaggerated figure, in the conditions required for 15kmpl, wagon r does 20-22, v2's mileage is 12-13 and wagon r does 15+ in routine driving. the body is better than wagon r but not comparable to vitz, corolla, swift even. talking about compromising lives, a lot of population is driving mehran, cultus, xli, alto, swift dx, honda city older than 2009 and other cars without abs, need of abs is if car looses grip upon braking, which corolla 2002-2007 is notorious for, one who does know the limits of his car can modulate brake pressure properly on a car with sufficient grip and predictable handling can achieve shorter braking distance than abs(there are even videos on it), abs increases braking distance on gravel, unpaved, damaged roads actually.
    brothere plz take a test drive of FAW V2 then tel me my brother have wagn R and i have FAW v2 now hi is much Crazy About V2 and saling his Durty khota Wagon R because its not Safe, people they dont care about life and thinking is old they like old technology like Wagon R. brother its time for ABS , Air Bags becaus with out this life is a risk in motor vehicles and its also a international standerd

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by usman_arooq2 View Post
    brother Wagon R has no grip on road while travling how you can say its has better grip on road during brake??????

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

brother Wagon R has no grip on road while travling how you can say its has better grip on road during brake??????
    brother just tell whats new in wagon R every thing is old no use of technology(ABS, EBD, Air Bags) in this car even its body design for road grip nothing in this Car. its totally a khota car as like 15 year old khota Cars of Pakistani Industry, nothing new

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

brother just tell whats new in wagon R every thing is old no use of technology(ABS, EBD, Air Bags) in this car even its body design for road grip nothing in this Car. its totally a khota car as like 15 year old khota Cars of Pakistani Industry, nothing new
    V2 is a overall better car than WR anyday, but if i have 10 lacs rupees i will spend it on safe product. You know what has happened to Hyundai, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Proton, Kia, Fiat all had very good cars but they could not survive the pakistani market due to government policies and their lack of interest in pakistan. On the other hand WR is not that worse, It is among highest selling car in india for quiet some time and we get almost same model, also it is available in indonessia, so here WR is international model, In india only one variant of WR has ABS and Airbags. ABS and airbags are good to have features not the must have, thats why even altis 1.6 a 2.0 million car does not have air bags.
    Wagon R VXL 2014-2016

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Please dont argue over local Wr and faw v2 as everyone knows both are crap cars.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Passo with an authentic verifiable auction report grade 4 or above by a reputable auction house. If you can't find a Passo with all the previous mentioned things then compromise for a V2

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

V2 is a overall better car than WR anyday, but if i have 10 lacs rupees i will spend it on safe product. You know what has happened to Hyundai, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Proton, Kia, Fiat all had very good cars but they could not survive the pakistani market due to government policies and their lack of interest in pakistan. On the other hand WR is not that worse, It is among highest selling car in india for quiet some time and we get almost same model, also it is available in indonessia, so here WR is international model, In india only one variant of WR has ABS and Airbags. ABS and airbags are good to have features not the must have, thats why even altis 1.6 a 2.0 million car does not have air bags.
    brother if you spent 2.0 million and get no safety its dangerous ?????? plz think about it ..... if you got in 1 million (ABS, EBD, Air Bags, Hankook Alloy tyres ) its better choice.... if we comprise with 5 years Used JDM so FAW V2 is better choice with 3S dealership also with 3 year warintee....... brother its our problem why Hyundai, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Proton, Kia, not stay in pakistan because we dont care about road safety and our mantalty is khota mehran and khota caltus so we love it

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

brother if you spent 2.0 million and get no safety its dangerous ?????? plz think about it ..... if you got in 1 million (ABS, EBD, Air Bags, Hankook Alloy tyres ) its better choice.... if we comprise with 5 years Used JDM so FAW V2 is better choice with 3S dealership also with 3 year warintee....... brother its our problem why Hyundai, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Proton, Kia, not stay in pakistan because we dont care about road safety and our mantalty is khota mehran and khota caltus so we love it
    This is not the case, people did buy Mitsubhi Lancer and Nissan Sunny, also bought Fiat uno and kiya pride, Hyundai santro has enjoyed good sale even then all the companies winded up their operations. Car is a machine and it needs parts replacement after some time, you still see 2000 cultus on road because its parts are available, can you find parts of kia pride ? or sportage now ? In this part of the world where money is difficult to earn, here people buy car as an investment so that after 10 years they can still sell them, in developed countries total life of car is 10 years after that it sell at junk yard. In business you have to stay and hold the ground, Honda, toyota and suzuki are doing it somehow, call it a monopoly or something else, now FAW has fair chance because it has establish its ground in pakistan, but now they are not marketing their product well, how many banner or tvc you see for V2 ? this is not how market works, if you have v2 which hardly anyone knows about, then you have to do thorough advertisement, TVC, promotions, banners, get in contact with company who offers company maintained cars, ask them to replace cultus with V2 and we will give free services etc etc...
    Wagon R VXL 2014-2016

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

This is not the case, people did buy Mitsubhi Lancer and Nissan Sunny, also bought Fiat uno and kiya pride, Hyundai santro has enjoyed good sale even then all the companies winded up their operations. Car is a machine and it needs parts replacement after some time, you still see 2000 cultus on road because its parts are available, can you find parts of kia pride ? or sportage now ? In this part of the world where money is difficult to earn, here people buy car as an investment so that after 10 years they can still sell them, in developed countries total life of car is 10 years after that it sell at junk yard. In business you have to stay and hold the ground, Honda, toyota and suzuki are doing it somehow, call it a monopoly or something else, now FAW has fair chance because it has establish its ground in pakistan, but now they are not marketing their product well, how many banner or tvc you see for V2 ? this is not how market works, if you have v2 which hardly anyone knows about, then you have to do thorough advertisement, TVC, promotions, banners, get in contact with company who offers company maintained cars, ask them to replace cultus with V2 and we will give free services etc etc...
    brother i never compromise with resale and these things with my life and my family life safety and also comforts, so that V2 is better choice.... it shuld be heppen with any company you know Pak suzuki is closing there models of caltus and mehran and also durty Wagon R. faw is producing his products in locally in pakistan so no prob dear if people buy 5 years Used JDM cars they have no future in pakistan as like Mera, hunda life, Move E k wagon........ so i buy this car becaus at the same price i buy a brand new car.... wagon R starting price was in 2013 and 2014 Rs1089000 and now Rs 999000 what you think about it the people how buy this car in 2014 price what thy do??????????????

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

brother i understand your point.. just tell me why people love JDM Used Cars????? there is no 3S dealer ship in pakistan no warntee???? just go on the rood and count more the 50% car are JDM why??? they have no future in pakistan????? why????? only one reason because they need safty and comforts not money. you know JDM 650 CC Have air bags and ABS why? if thes are not important for a motor vehicle why thy use it in 650 CC??????? in other hand in pakistan our 2.0 million car have nothing why????? we dont need safety???

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

brothere if you need money just save it never buy a life Killer car ........ think about it and chage your mind

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

People have done full meter on WR, yes, people went upto 170 km/hr on WR. I admit that it lacks ABS but ABS is used for only emergency purposes, WR brakes are good enough. It has engine that produces 67 hp same as 1kr-fe for vitz, it is more fuel efficient than v2 in any given situation, Quality of plastic is not like cultus or mehran it is way better. WR AC is like corolla and i am not exaggerating believe me technically WR is the best car by suzuki till date. V2 is overall better car then WR but resale and parts does matter, I really hope that FAW keep holding the ground and establish its market, for time being going for V2 is the gamble, what if FAW discontinue it ? if not then V2 is a really good buy, but if not it will lose its value.
    sory to say brother v2 having euro 4 tech n its more fuel effi.in their 1.3 liter engine catagory its giving me nw 15 km iner city. n keep in mind v2 having 1300 cc engine please dont compare wagon r fuel economy with v2. because wagon r having 1000 cc engine. its mean u r trying to compare honda 70 with honda 125
    if u wana compare swift vs v2 then it will be considered.thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

User Tag List