0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Confusion for Purchasing FAW V2 or Toyota Passo

Dear PWers, I'm pretty much confused about selecting from above cars. I have a budget of 1M +- and I need a car for some three years as I am not a fast car changer type of driver.
    Previously I have owned Mehran, Cultus, Vitz. So auto and manual tranny are not a problem factor. What I need is peace of mind with quality and some trouble free years.
    About my driving, I'm not a speed racer. Further, I need a car for daily runner and some 50+ KMs in a week so economy will also not be deciding factor. One item I need to mention here is my travel of around 600kms every month. Half of which is on GT road and other 300 on local roads. By local roads I mean metal (desi) roads. And that too with 4 persons and luggage as well.

Will be very great if help is provided to decide please

Appreciating input from existing owners of V2 and Passo as well.

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

passo.
    Alhamulillah driving for last one and half year.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aqeel.abass View Post
    sory to say brother v2 having euro 4 tech n its more fuel effi.in their 1.3 liter engine catagory its giving me nw 15 km iner city. n keep in mind v2 having 1300 cc engine please dont compare wagon r fuel economy with v2. because wagon r having 1000 cc engine. its mean u r trying to compare honda 70 with honda 125
    if u wana compare swift vs v2 then it will be considered.thanks
    i also experiencing this one accoding to price FAW V2 is the Best

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Faw v2 has a cheap built, the plastic inside is very badly made, worse then suzuki. I would advice you to go for a wagon R if you want a new car, Passo if you want economy. I was in a similar dilemma during the days when wagon R was freshly launched, Faw seemed to me like a waste of money because it felt very cheap, ride wise and drive wise it was good but cheaply made. Wagon R i didn't opt for because to me the gear lever was too low and made it uncomfortable to drive, otherwise i would have opted for it. I bought a passo at the end, its an eco box, well built, doesn't require any maintenance outside the ordinary.
    Oh, and a few of my known associates had given faw a chance earlier with their vehicle Roma, it was a money pit.
    Happy motoring

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dayrider View Post
    Faw v2 has a cheap built, the plastic inside is very badly made, worse then suzuki. I would advice you to go for a wagon R if you want a new car, Passo if you want economy. I was in a similar dilemma during the days when wagon R was freshly launched, Faw seemed to me like a waste of money because it felt very cheap, ride wise and drive wise it was good but cheaply made. Wagon R i didn't opt for because to me the gear lever was too low and made it uncomfortable to drive, otherwise i would have opted for it. I bought a passo at the end, its an eco box, well built, doesn't require any maintenance outside the ordinary.
    Oh, and a few of my known associates had given faw a chance earlier with their vehicle Roma, it was a money pit.
    Happy motoring
    Brother its not a reason plz describe all with authentic reasons............ all pakistani knows suzuki interior is cheep....... which technology have wagon R that i can buy it

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kashifjaved86 View Post
    Brother its not a reason plz describe all with authentic reasons............ all pakistani knows suzuki interior is cheep....... which technology have wagon R that i can buy it
    Faw v2 has a cheaper interior, check it out firsthand. The reason you can go for it because it's decently comfortable, it's an economical vehicle and there has been no majors issues from complaints from owners as yet

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Faw v2 has a cheaper interior, check it out firsthand. The reason you can go for it because it's decently comfortable, it's an economical vehicle and there has been no majors issues from complaints from owners as yet
    o pie 10lakh wich yehi kch milta hay. dont mind

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

o pie 10lakh wich yehi kch milta hay. dont mind
    Wagon r ve, 10 lac de hai, Chinese disposable cheZ hai. Top quality products apnay wo yahan nai bhaichtay, best to steer clear of it

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well i hate to share this but my brother had a Passo with a clear and authentic auction sheet. After three years of trouble free driving following problems occurred,

1. Engine used to shutdown on its own during summers, trained techs could only guess the reason as engine overheating and recomended engine overhaul.
    2. In case the car ran over a ditch or a speed bump a little fast, eps sensor would give error and steering would get locked.....quite dangerous hhmmmm

To me the car felt a bit under powered especially during emergency power maneuvers.

My brother got tired of the frequent trips to the workshop and in the end sold it.

I know passo is a good JDM car but please bear in mind its a used car that could have hidden problems which could cost u in the long run.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

brothere plz take a test drive of FAW V2 then tel me my brother have wagn R and i have FAW v2 now hi is much Crazy About V2 and saling his Durty khota Wagon R because its not Safe, people they dont care about life and thinking is old they like old technology like Wagon R. brother its time for ABS , Air Bags becaus with out this life is a risk in motor vehicles and its also a international standerd
    international standards? in some first and second world countries maybe, cars without abs, airbags are offered in india, china, indonesia even that are way ahead of us in terms of economy, talking about airbags, how many of Pakistani's know how to sit in an vehicle equipped with airbags? our usual posture is hand at 12'o clock(sporty driving) or both hands at 9 and 11(usuall) which can cause broken wrists in case airbag pop ups, most of don't use seat-belts, cars offered in Pakistan with airbags aren't equipped with sensors, controllers smart enough to assess the need to pop up air bags or not(not civic even, many experiences to tell, a friend experienced this 2 weeks ago when he swerved off road at 120 to save a maniac, the front of the car was finished but airbags didn't pop up) so what can we expect from Chinese? adding airbags to v2 is like atlas adding a head light to cg and calling it delux. here are some statistics, an airbag used properly with seat belts increases chance of survival by 70%, seatbelt only increases chance by 50%, improper inflation, airbag pops up without seat belt decreases to 30%, most of Pakistani awam seats children in passenger seat, air bags can cause fatal injuries to em / use seatbelt false seatbelt buckles, cost factor, finding oem spare for airbag replacement often is a question. so the conclusion is we are most probably better off without airbags unless one is educated about using them and buys an non-accident imported vehicle.

grip? wagon r has plenty unless one is trying to show his stupid side in a car of this height, it does have better grip, brakes than santro at high speeds. like one shouldn't compare fuel economy of 1.0 with 1.3, similarly one shouldn't compare grip of a high boxy vehicle with a lower one.

talking about design, wagon r does have newer body design in engineering terms which makes its cabin structure more rigid compared to a car designed in 1998.

I did like the faw v2 initially, but after having about 3 months experience with it as a class fellow has bought it, it is good for features it offers, but there's a sure compromise of quality since it is china mall.
    Bella, You give me everything just by REVing - NEONLIGHT SAGA: NEWTUBE

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Wagon r ve, 10 lac de hai, Chinese disposable cheZ hai. Top quality products apnay wo yahan nai bhaichtay, best to steer clear of it
    bie wagon r me kaya hay? any safety?
    alloy rim tusi khud buy kar rahy ho n tyre ise nu genral day lagay nay. hor ise me kaya khobi hay?
    interior acha hay to ise ko chatna hay kaya ? if you dont have any safety feature

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by usman_arooq2 View Post
    international standards? in some first and second world countries maybe, cars without abs, airbags are offered in india, china, indonesia even that are way ahead of us in terms of economy, talking about airbags, how many of Pakistani's know how to sit in an vehicle equipped with airbags? our usual posture is hand at 12'o clock(sporty driving) or both hands at 9 and 11(usuall) which can cause broken wrists in case airbag pop ups, most of don't use seat-belts, cars offered in Pakistan with airbags aren't equipped with sensors, controllers smart enough to assess the need to pop up air bags or not(not civic even, many experiences to tell, a friend experienced this 2 weeks ago when he swerved off road at 120 to save a maniac, the front of the car was finished but airbags didn't pop up) so what can we expect from Chinese? adding airbags to v2 is like atlas adding a head light to cg and calling it delux. here are some statistics, an airbag used properly with seat belts increases chance of survival by 70%, seatbelt only increases chance by 50%, improper inflation, airbag pops up without seat belt decreases to 30%, most of Pakistani awam seats children in passenger seat, air bags can cause fatal injuries to em / use seatbelt false seatbelt buckles, cost factor, finding oem spare for airbag replacement often is a question. so the conclusion is we are most probably better off without airbags unless one is educated about using them and buys an non-accident imported vehicle.

grip? wagon r has plenty unless one is trying to show his stupid side in a car of this height, it does have better grip, brakes than santro at high speeds. like one shouldn't compare fuel economy of 1.0 with 1.3, similarly one shouldn't compare grip of a high boxy vehicle with a lower one.

talking about design, wagon r does have newer body design in engineering terms which makes its cabin structure more rigid compared to a car designed in 1998.

I did like the faw v2 initially, but after having about 3 months experience with it as a class fellow has bought it, it is good for features it offers, but there's a sure compromise of quality since it is china mall.
    pie sb ager yehi car made in japan hoti tay fir tusi tareefa day pull bun denay c shabaz ki tara.dont mind bro

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

alloy rim tusi khud buy kar rahy ho n tyre ise nu genral day lagay nay. hor ise me kaya khobi hay?
    interior acha hay to ise ko chatna hay kaya ? if you dont have any safety feature
    You keep repeating safety like v2 has crossed all safety measures. It is equipped with an airbag, will it pop ideally? You don't know. In a crash, the thing most important is a crumple zone, wagon R has that.
    As for your Euro 4 technology, our fuel doesn't support it, so its just asking for trouble.
    Jitna ve behes kar lo, China ki chez low quality and disposable hai, pak suzuki badnaam hai but off and on boht achi garian bhe produce kar choka hai.
    Ap ko itna shook hai tu karay barbad apnay ap ko aur khareedain v2, likhain khai may chalang akhelay marain, bakion ko misguide na karain.
    Happy motoring

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

itni post ko parh k b aap ye question kar rahy ho tw aap ko tw zaroor hi pata ho ga k airbag wali gari ma bethty kaisy hain or khud ko safe kaisy rakhty hain. alloy necessity ne hain, chinese alloy sa steel rim better hi hoty hain. khoobi ye ha k fuel efficient ha, 100+ par wind noise ne aati cabin ma, resale ha, parts availability ha, dealership network strong ha or ye guarantee ha k company gariyan bechny k ba'd pack up kar k bhag ne jaye gi. safety standards ki bat ha tw btaya ha k v2 sa newer body design ha, means cabin is designed to b more rigid, which keeps cabin intact incase of accident, v2 k a pillar or wagon r k a pillar compare kr k saaf pata lag jata k kon c behter ha in terms of a safer body design.
    Bella, You give me everything just by REVing - NEONLIGHT SAGA: NEWTUBE

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You keep repeating safety like v2 has crossed all safety measures. It is equipped with an airbag, will it pop ideally? You don't know. In a crash, the thing most important is a crumple zone, wagon R has that.
    As for your Euro 4 technology, our fuel doesn't support it, so its just asking for trouble.
    Jitna ve behes kar lo, China ki chez low quality and disposable hai, pak suzuki badnaam hai but off and on boht achi garian bhe produce kar choka hai.
    Ap ko itna shook hai tu karay barbad apnay ap ko aur khareedain v2, likhain khai may chalang akhelay marain, bakion ko misguide na karain.
    Happy motoring
    ha ha fir tay china day parts v disposable hon gy which are u using in youre car like stereo n speaker. china day ups n china ki banai hoi motorway n alot of things are useless.
    han g pa g air bag b pop up hotay hain i have seen in crashed v2. both air air pop up.
    finally pa g im having already v2.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Brother i Dont Under stand you... its 2015 and 2016 .......... brother its period of technology not a khota dirty Car as like Wagon R. i say whats new in Wagon R?????? No air Bags NO ABS no steel alloy Wheeel. what is in it????? and you say we should go back in 1995 when people had no care about safety they travel with out ABS and air Bags???? you say V2 is an old technology and wagon R is latest then its a Jock ........ structure of V2 same as like Swift and Vitz brother ap 1 million men 2 milon wali gari ka maza lin its not a bad Offer..... you say good in same price we cane ejoy 1.3 at Fule economy of 15 Km /L in City with all safety Standers. baqi ap ki qismat and soch agr ap ny khota garin hi chlani hn to ap acha gari ka kisy maza ly skty hn ... i think you Dont Know all Good war Plane in the world and also in pakistan F16 and F17 are Made By China....... i am also Owner of FAW V2 since 3 monts my V2 number is LEH-1167 but i Have No prob I think Your Class Fellow Frind Dont Know how to Oprate V2, Usyy gari chlani nahi aati ho gi

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

itni post ko parh k b aap ye question kar rahy ho tw aap ko tw zaroor hi pata ho ga k airbag wali gari ma bethty kaisy hain or khud ko safe kaisy rakhty hain. alloy necessity ne hain, chinese alloy sa steel rim better hi hoty hain. khoobi ye ha k fuel efficient ha, 100+ par wind noise ne aati cabin ma, resale ha, parts availability ha, dealership network strong ha or ye guarantee ha k company gariyan bechny k ba'd pack up kar k bhag ne jaye gi. safety standards ki bat ha tw btaya ha k v2 sa newer body design ha, means cabin is designed to b more rigid, which keeps cabin intact incase of accident, v2 k a pillar or wagon r k a pillar compare kr k saaf pata lag jata k kon c behter ha in terms of a safer body design.
    pie g i know that how to sit ina airbag equiped car.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Brother i Dont Under stand you... its 2015 and 2016 .......... brother its period of technology not a khota dirty Car as like Wagon R. i say whats new in Wagon R?????? No air Bags NO ABS no steel alloy Wheeel. what is in it????? and you say we should go back in 1995 when people had no care about safety they travel with out ABS and air Bags???? you say V2 is an old technology and wagon R is latest then its a Jock ........ structure of V2 same as like Swift and Vitz brother ap 1 million men 2 milon wali gari ka maza lin its not a bad Offer..... you say good in same price we cane ejoy 1.3 at Fule economy of 15 Km /L in City with all safety Standers. baqi ap ki qismat and soch agr ap ny khota garin hi chlani hn to ap acha gari ka kisy maza ly skty hn
    i think usman pie dont know what is abs??

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Brother You shuld Get Suzuki Mehran Its Better For you .... its is Latest Car for you saf kuch sasta hy is men

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i think usman pie dont know what is abs??
    Brother he Dont Know waht is ABS and and safty he just Like Khota mehran and Wagon R

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Confusion for Purchasing FAW V2 or Toyota Passo -1643282