0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Confusion for Purchasing FAW V2 or Toyota Passo

Dear PWers, I'm pretty much confused about selecting from above cars. I have a budget of 1M +- and I need a car for some three years as I am not a fast car changer type of driver.
    Previously I have owned Mehran, Cultus, Vitz. So auto and manual tranny are not a problem factor. What I need is peace of mind with quality and some trouble free years.
    About my driving, I'm not a speed racer. Further, I need a car for daily runner and some 50+ KMs in a week so economy will also not be deciding factor. One item I need to mention here is my travel of around 600kms every month. Half of which is on GT road and other 300 on local roads. By local roads I mean metal (desi) roads. And that too with 4 persons and luggage as well.

Will be very great if help is provided to decide please

Appreciating input from existing owners of V2 and Passo as well.

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Confusion for Purchasing FAW V2 or Toyota Passo -1644529

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Confusion for Purchasing FAW V2 or Toyota Passo -1644531

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Confusion for Purchasing FAW V2 or Toyota Passo -1644532

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by usman_arooq2 View Post
    the source mentions chinese ncap results not european, swift managed 4 and vitz 5 stars in the same test.
    model of swift that score 4 is not from PKDM that is JDM that contain air Bag and more beautiful interior and safety, not like Chepp PKDM suzuki swift, you know price of PKDM swift in 1400000 and due to 1329 CC more expensive Token tex , with out air bags...................acording to price 1050000, and 1298CC with complete safety measure ABS and Air Bags FAW V2 is the best....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

exact argument given by those who own a gfive, qmobile cell phone. your answer is self explanatory, you can buy a chinese changhong, kingkong, ecostar, smart tv for half the price of a simple samsung one. it'd run all android apps, have features not available for same price in samsung. you can call it good value for money but not better than samsung.

you can go and read the posts in fan club of faw v2, it isn't perfect, but to stop spamming this thread with irrelavant posts, i agree with you that faw v2 is better than a Bugatti Veyron, people were fool to buy when they could've bough a v2 or sirius,

btw i just came back from uni on v2 and its brakes make terrible noise, even worse when abs kicks in, i wonder how long will they last, the pads are changed once in warranty claim(at 68xx km) for noise issue by faw motors Gujranwala but the problem isn't solved + there is wind noise issue, the plastic trim in it is cheap though it looks better than jdms at from distance, its gear shifter has unnecessary slack. it needed aftermarket seat covers. but its the best car you can buy because saying otherwise hurts owners ego which isn't mature enough to bear criticism nor do they understand the technologies used in their own car but argue with acronyms that are mentioned on brochure.

again it is the best car, hope this satisfies your ego and helps you control your urge to appear in my notifications.
    Dear Usman Farooq, did you know your original iPhone, Samsung Galaxy, Dell, HP Laptops and other brands (once again i remember you these are original brands) also assembled in China. On the back of your original iPhone you can see "assembled in china" as like you can see it on your original( i am sure if you are using a laptop or cell phone is also assembled in china) you think these are scarp???? why 90 % people of Pakistan uses these original brands that are assembled in china????? all these brands are like Gfive qmobile and bla bla bla bla. every one knows .... brother if you are thinking this, its totally wrong. FAW "First Automobile Works" having Products sales in over 70 countries with total sales in access of 7 million world-wide. FAW is a joint venture of world most famous industries Toyota,Volkswagen,Mazda, GM. Faw imports parts from these brands and assemble it in china as like Your original IPHONE and other original brands. i think now you understand my point. due to your poor knowledge about FAW V2 , also about technology in automobile( because you love automobile with out technology and you say dont need it like ABS and Air Bags in automobiles) plz dont Perverse the people with your poor and old knowledge..... its 2016 and people need technology and value of money........... not like wagon R price is one million and contain nothing,

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kashifjaved86 View Post
    Brother Your toyota pasoo is like korian model refurnished and used. V2 its a brand new with warntee.

Faw V2 offers warntee or warranty??

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Look guys! If you keep on buying Suzukis, they will keep on treating all of us like third grade beggars and keep giving us Mehrans, Altos and Cultuses. We have had a Chery QQ in our house for about 9 years now and I can tell you from personal experience that I would buy it again if I was in the market for a small hatchback again. That car is not only tough, but the paint is being done using DURR technology and was assembled at the same facility where VW POLO was assembled. When we talk about safety, it has side impact beams and front crumple zones and reinforced cross members to absorb frontal impacts. I saw completely stripped cars in the workshop as well.

So be brave and accept new products which have a repute in the biggest market of the world.
    Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Proverbial_Slang View Post
    V2 scored 3 stars in Euro NCAP tests which is not bad at all for this price.

New C-NCAP crash test standards announced

Sent using Curiosity's onboard communications sytem.
    Brother why we pay for nokia 1100 (with out any technology) price of I phone. agr wagon R men koi technology nahi hy to us ki price b 500000 ke din ...... why we pay one million for nothing at the same time FAW V2 at same price with ABS and air bags alloy wheel fog lights and comforts 3 year warnte ........... I think its better choice
    model of swift that score 4 is not from PKDM that is JDM that contain air Bag and more beautiful interior and safety, not like Chepp PKDM suzuki swift, you know price of PKDM swift in 1400000 and due to 1329 CC more expensive Token tex , with out air bags...................acording to price 1050000, and 1298CC with complete safety measure ABS and Air Bags FAW V2 is the best....
    if u intend to reply me just skip to the last line, the text formatted in bold, so that the argument between us can come to an end, the facts I mentioned are meant for the original poster and other readers, not you.

the kind of airbags used in v2 and swift reduce the chance of fatal injuries by a mere 50(seatbelt only)/70(airbag) ratio so swift wouldn't have lost a complete star if tested without an airbag.

no I didn't know I've been living on an Island with no contact with the world btw who told you that changhong, ecostar or qmobile models aren't sold in china? those are generic models that are sold in china in plenty and rebadged for Pakistani market, the apple products that you mentioned where assembled in china is written read a line above it which mentions designed by apple California. the products sold by qmobile are sold in other regions of the world as well under different brand names such as Micromax, gionee.... even qmobile uses cortex arm processor cores, memory products OEM by Samsung. does it make sell products than original Samsung?

I admit that studying under the founder of mechatronics dept. of UET Lahore and maintaining CGPA above 3.7 I'm not well acquainted with modern technology and v2 is the best car in the world. Every one of us can observe the quality of plastic used in v2 by the pics u posted. it is the best value for money car at the moment in Pakistan which screams I was gonna buy a vitz or swift but cheaped out at the last second.

I don't know whether u're trying to increase your post count, trolling me so that i'd give an impatient reply and get restricted on these forums or a spammer trying to ruin the original purpose of this thread as mentioned in title of this thread. but I admit that v2 is the best car of this century and many to come just so u won't reply or mention me in another post.
    Bella, You give me everything just by REVing - NEONLIGHT SAGA: NEWTUBE

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

CGPA above 3.7
    MashAllah.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 usando Tapatalk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Confusion for Purchasing FAW V2 or Toyota Passo

if u intend to reply me just skip to the last line, the text formatted in bold, so that the argument between us can come to an end, the facts I mentioned are meant for the original poster and other readers, not you.

the kind of airbags used in v2 and swift reduce the chance of fatal injuries by a mere 50(seatbelt only)/70(airbag) ratio so swift wouldn't have lost a complete star if tested without an airbag.

no I didn't know I've been living on an Island with no contact with the world btw who told you that changhong, ecostar or qmobile models aren't sold in china? those are generic models that are sold in china in plenty and rebadged for Pakistani market, the apple products that you mentioned where assembled in china is written read a line above it which mentions designed by apple California. the products sold by qmobile are sold in other regions of the world as well under different brand names such as Micromax, gionee.... even qmobile uses cortex arm processor cores, memory products OEM by Samsung. does it make sell products than original Samsung?

I admit that studying under the founder of mechatronics dept. of UET Lahore and maintaining CGPA above 3.7 I'm not well acquainted with modern technology and v2 is the best car in the world. Every one of us can observe the quality of plastic used in v2 by the pics u posted. it is the best value for money car at the moment in Pakistan which screams I was gonna buy a vitz or swift but cheaped out at the last second.

I don't know whether u're trying to increase your post count, trolling me so that i'd give an impatient reply and get restricted on these forums or a spammer trying to ruin the original purpose of this thread as mentioned in title of this thread. but I admit that v2 is the best car of this century and many to come just so u won't reply or mention me in another post.
    Hahahah 3.7..... Mujhy to kuch smjh ni aai. Bs aik bat kahon ga. Aaja kal log apny cel men latest technology use krin aor gairn with out technology kion,,, great jock. In which university you got 3.7 i am gold medalist of that university. Now days i am a PHd scholar in SE

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hahahah 3.7..... Mujhy to kuch smjh ni aai. Bs aik bat kahon ga. Aaja kal log apny cel men latest technology use krin aor gairn with out technology kion,,, great jock. In which university you got 3.7 i am gold medalist of that university. Now days i am a PHd scholar in SE

Great bro, you must be doing phd in english

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Proverbial_Slang View Post
    V2 scored 3 stars in Euro NCAP tests which is not bad at all for this price.

New C-NCAP crash test standards announced

Sent using Curiosity's onboard communications sytem.
    Brother why we pay for nokia 1100 (with out any technology) price of I phone. agr wagon R men koi technology nahi hy to us ki price b 500000 ke din ...... why we pay one million for nothing at the same time FAW V2 at same price with ABS and air bags alloy wheel fog lights and comforts 3 year warnte ........... I think its better choice
    Quote Originally Posted by DUDE007 View Post
    MashAllah.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 usando Tapatalk
    ALHAMDULILAH sorry for using my bragging rights and making 'jocks.' 3.77 actually, from a uni accredited by HEC & PEC.

MASHALLAH for Mr. Gold Medalist too. May he enlighten the community of Pakwheels with his knowledge and help us make better decisions when we're facing the dilemma, whether to purchase v2, passo, swift or wagon r.
    Bella, You give me everything just by REVing - NEONLIGHT SAGA: NEWTUBE

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ALHAMDULILAH sorry for using my bragging rights and making 'jocks.' 3.77 actually, from a uni accredited by HEC & PEC.

MASHALLAH for Mr. Gold Medalist too. May he enlighten the community of Pakwheels with his knowledge and help us make better decisions when we're facing the dilemma, whether to purchase v2, passo, swift or wagon r.
    Thanks, jazak Allah

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

suzuki swift along with other local indian cars received a ZERO stars in tests by global n cap, sister company of euro n cap. they failed miserably and indian swift would not be even road legal elsewhere. The anology given in meeting this thread by some that new designs are safer even if without airbags is totally wrong and this was the latest version of swift even newer generation than ours.

so as far as saftey goes cars without airbags and not conforming to international standards cars like wagon r and swift are toast and prehistoric to the point they would not even be road worthy elsewhere and cars which confirm to international standards and at least have airbags and proper seatbelts and the same design and equipment as they are sold else where in the world are certainly safer at least like V2.

source
    Global NCAP | UN crash test standards would make cars safer in India says Global NCAP
    If everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by arzaam.bhatti View Post
    suzuki swift along with other local indian cars received a ZERO stars in tests by global n cap, sister company of euro n cap. they failed miserably and indian swift would not be even road legal elsewhere. The anology given in meeting this thread by some that new designs are safer even if without airbags is totally wrong and this was the latest version of swift even newer generation than ours.

so as far as saftey goes cars without airbags and not conforming to international standards cars like wagon r and swift are toast and prehistoric to the point they would not even be road worthy elsewhere and cars which confirm to international standards and at least have airbags and proper seatbelts and the same design and equipment as they are sold else where in the world are certainly safer at least like V2.

source
    Global NCAP | UN crash test standards would make cars safer in India says Global NCAP
    Suzuki Maruti Swift

The SUZUKI MARUTI SWIFT scored zero stars for adult occupant protection and just one star for child occupant protection. The Swift’s vehicle structure showed signs of collapsing in the crash and was rated as unstable. The car’s lack of standard-fit airbags meant that the driver’s head makes direct contact with the steering wheel – the dummy readings indicate a high probability of life threatening injuries. Unlike the Go, fitting airbags would improve occupant protection. The Swift’s poor child protection score is due mainly to the poor performance of the Child Restraint System.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I was looking for a second small car for home, and so went to FAW company showroom in SITE area to take a look. The V2 is full of features and is good value for money, and so is the Sirius Grand. But the truth is that the plastics, fabrics, non-metal stuff, etc used in interior and engine bay feel cheap in touching and tapping. Metals are more difficult to assess for a novice like me, but other parts are waaaay lower in quality compared to a JDM similar sized car. JDM cars' fit and finish is faaaaar superior to FAW and PKDM.

When you stack all the variables, price, quality, warranty, service back-up, then FAW seems to be better than JDM cars and much much better than Pak Suzuki cars and comparable PKDM models.

It all depends on how much weight you give to each variable, e.g. if price 50%, quality 15%, warranty 20%, service back-up 15% then obviously FAW wins over JDM cars. But change the weightage of the variables and JDM cars win.

It is all up to personal preferences and is an endless debate, but personally I will take a V2 over JDMs simply because I can get it fixed at the local dealer for ANY problem that might come up.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by arzaam.bhatti View Post

source
    @usman_arooq2

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by farazh View Post
    I was looking for a second small car for home, and so went to FAW company showroom in SITE area to take a look. The V2 is full of features and is good value for money, and so is the Sirius Grand. But the truth is that the plastics, fabrics, non-metal stuff, etc used in interior and engine bay feel cheap in touching and tapping. Metals are more difficult to assess for a novice like me, but other parts are waaaay lower in quality compared to a JDM similar sized car. JDM cars' fit and finish is faaaaar superior to FAW and PKDM.

When you stack all the variables, price, quality, warranty, service back-up, then FAW seems to be better than JDM cars and much much better than Pak Suzuki cars and comparable PKDM models.

It all depends on how much weight you give to each variable, e.g. if price 50%, quality 15%, warranty 20%, service back-up 15% then obviously FAW wins over JDM cars. But change the weightage of the variables and JDM cars win.

It is all up to personal preferences and is an endless debate, but personally I will take a V2 over JDMs simply because I can get it fixed at the local dealer for ANY problem that might come up.
    Brother You got my point

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers