0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Confusion for Purchasing FAW V2 or Toyota Passo

Dear PWers, I'm pretty much confused about selecting from above cars. I have a budget of 1M +- and I need a car for some three years as I am not a fast car changer type of driver.
    Previously I have owned Mehran, Cultus, Vitz. So auto and manual tranny are not a problem factor. What I need is peace of mind with quality and some trouble free years.
    About my driving, I'm not a speed racer. Further, I need a car for daily runner and some 50+ KMs in a week so economy will also not be deciding factor. One item I need to mention here is my travel of around 600kms every month. Half of which is on GT road and other 300 on local roads. By local roads I mean metal (desi) roads. And that too with 4 persons and luggage as well.

Will be very great if help is provided to decide please

Appreciating input from existing owners of V2 and Passo as well.

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

base issue is - a USED JDM & Brand New PKDM.

money is yours life is yours, make a wise choice. a brand new car you can safely use with casual-maintenance- by-user manual.

USED JDM is highly unreliable mechanically. auction sheets are for 'SHELL' condition only. Mechanically JDM cars are high risk

play your bet with caution
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kashifjaved86 View Post
    thanx for mentioning me, the source posted mentions the latest ncap results for the latest generation swift according to which swift is an unsafe car. but posting this result is irrelavant and makes for a baseless argument as it is conducted on a newer generation car under newer safety standards.

unfortunately, there are no such tests conducted nor reports available for faw v2, the only test for v2 was conducted in 2010 by chinese ncap in which it scored lower than a swift of the same generation that is sold in Pakistan, the test results i used to compare safety standards were infact of the same generation swift(which scored 3 stars) that is sold in Pakistan under same safety standards as used to test v2(2 stars). I during my visit to china in 2013 witnessed that the same gen brand new swifts were still being sold at a suzuki showroom, here are its cncap test results where it is mentioned that the model tested is the one introduced in 2005.

Full Record of Impact Results

the point that you weren't agreeing with related to structural rigidity is mentioned in the description of test of datsun go before swift's in the source you referred, which clearly explains that if the structure is prone to collapse, the airbags are of no use and can't contribute to better safety unlike swift which has better structure and can be made safer by addition of airbags.
    Bella, You give me everything just by REVing - NEONLIGHT SAGA: NEWTUBE

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by usman_arooq2 View Post
    thanx for mentioning me, the source posted mentions the latest ncap results for the latest generation swift according to which swift is an unsafe car. but posting this result is irrelavant and makes for a baseless argument as it is conducted on a newer generation car under newer safety standards.

unfortunately, there are no such tests conducted nor reports available for faw v2, the only test for v2 was conducted in 2010 by chinese ncap in which it scored lower than a swift of the same generation that is sold in Pakistan, the test results i used to compare safety standards were infact of the same generation swift(which scored 3 stars) that is sold in Pakistan under same safety standards as used to test v2(2 stars). I during my visit to china in 2013 witnessed that the same gen brand new swifts were still being sold at a suzuki showroom, here are its cncap test results where it is mentioned that the model tested is the one introduced in 2005.

the point that you weren't agreeing with related to structural rigidity is mentioned in the description of test of datsun go before swift's in the source you referred, which clearly explains that if the structure is prone to collapse, the airbags are of no use and can't contribute to better safety unlike swift which has better structure and can be made safer by addition of airbags.

first of all the again you have misread and are mistaken about structural rigidity, the swift scored poorly precisely because of its strucutral rigity the source even mentions the link) to the full report where its mentioned in bold that swift structure is unstable and again mentioned in desciption that strucutre collapsed, the second reason was no airbags meant driver hit the steering wheel(in other words probabale death), intrusions of dashboard structure into the footwell and lack of child seat support.

plus if i am not mistake you yourself said that newer generation based platform cars are much safer so this is a newer swift so the old swift would be even worse and is a deathrap. so swift has a unstable and poor strucutre which may be improved by adding airbags but nots happening in pakistan.

Confusion for Purchasing FAW V2 or Toyota Passo -1645556Confusion for Purchasing FAW V2 or Toyota Passo -1645557

btw the your link does not open properly, it just shows a table but no name or pictures appear, you may post the link again

btw in 2-3 years in the gap between the testing of both safety regulations haven't changed much, the only substantial new things are a new roof collapse test and marks for VSC fitted as standard, both things were not considered in this test but abs was and furthermore the difference would be offset by it being a newer design so should do better but hasnt. the test is directly relevant for our discussion.

my only point is in relation to saftey, our industry needs to do better and if some company tries they should be given a chance, even if we dont wnt to give someone new a chance as we still remember past experiences but to try to justify local cars without airbags and abs and all safer is just delusional and this is for all cars, city corolla swift, wagon r.
    If everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by arzaam.bhatti View Post
    first of all the again you have misread and are mistaken about structural rigidity, the swift scored poorly precisely because of its strucutral rigity the source even mentions the link) to the full report where its mentioned in bold that swift structure is unstable and again mentioned in desciption that strucutre collapsed, the second reason was no airbags meant driver hit the steering wheel(in other words probabale death), intrusions of dashboard structure into the footwell and lack of child seat support.

plus if i am not mistake you yourself said that newer generation based platform cars are much safer so this is a newer swift so the old swift would be even worse and is a deathrap. so swift has a unstable and poor strucutre which may be improved by adding airbags but nots happening in pakistan.

Confusion for Purchasing FAW V2 or Toyota Passo -1645556Confusion for Purchasing FAW V2 or Toyota Passo -1645557

btw the your link does not open properly, it just shows a table but no name or pictures appear, you may post the link again

btw in 2-3 years in the gap between the testing of both safety regulations haven't changed much, the only substantial new things are a new roof collapse test and marks for VSC fitted as standard, both things were not considered in this test but abs was and furthermore the difference would be offset by it being a newer design so should do better but hasnt. the test is directly relevant for our discussion.

my only point is in relation to saftey, our industry needs to do better and if some company tries they should be given a chance, even if we dont wnt to give someone new a chance as we still remember past experiences but to try to justify local cars without airbags and abs and all safer is just delusional and this is for all cars, city corolla swift, wagon r.

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Proverbial_Slang View Post
    V2 scored 3 stars in Euro NCAP tests which is not bad at all for this price.

New C-NCAP crash test standards announced

Sent using Curiosity's onboard communications sytem.
    Quote Originally Posted by kashifjaved86 View Post
    Brother why we pay for nokia 1100 (with out any technology) price of I phone. agr wagon R men koi technology nahi hy to us ki price b 500000 ke din ...... why we pay one million for nothing at the same time FAW V2 at same price with ABS and air bags alloy wheel fog lights and comforts 3 year warnte ........... I think its better choice
    Quote Originally Posted by arzaam.bhatti View Post
    first of all the again you have misread and are wrong about structural rigidity, the swift scored poorly precisely because of its strucutral rigity the source even mentions the link) to the full report where its mentioned in meeting bold that swift structure is unstable and again mentioned in meeting desciption that strucutre collapsed, the second reason was no airbags meant driver hit the steering wheel(in other words probabale death), intrusions of dashboard structure into the footwell and lack of child seat support.

btw in meeting 2-3 years in meeting the gap between the testing of both safety regulations haven't changed much, the only substantial new things are a new roof collapse test and marks for VSC fitted as standard, both things were not considered in meeting this test but abs was and furthermore the difference would be offset by it being a newer design so should do better but hasnt. the test is directly relevant for our discussion.

the gap is more than 4 years(Jan 2010 - Nov 2014), and being china made, with a price that is too good to be true, we can't trust its body shell's integrity. The Hyundai i10 that gained 4 stars for euro ncap in 2008 failed miserably when its made in india(with all the bells and whistles, airbags) version was tested because its body shell deformed.

here's the source of results i Posted, due to language constraints, the page doesn't open properly. click on small cars to reveal links leading to swift and v2's results

direct links to results:

Swift's

V2's

you can notice the protection provided by Chinese balloons(front airbags), the v2 car equipped with even airbags scored 0 for chest protection, so what's the point?

I agree with you that local cars are death traps indeed and introduction of safer cars must be encouraged, but we can't declare that the new entrant v2 is better in safety or the safety it provides must be taken into account when making a decision to purchase. it is just as bad or even worse than local cars, they tried and failed in their home country. if a deal sounds too good to be true, there's bound to be a catch.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by usman_arooq2 View Post
    the gap is more than 4 years(Jan 2010 - Nov 2014), and being china made, with a price that is too good to be true, we can't trust its body shell's integrity. The Hyundai i10 that gained 4 stars for euro ncap in 2008 failed miserably when its made in india(with all the bells and whistles, airbags) version was tested because its body shell deformed.

here's the source of results i Posted, due to language constraints, the page doesn't open properly. click on small cars to reveal links leading to swift and v2's results

direct links to results:

Swift's

V2's

you can notice the protection provided by Chinese balloons(front airbags), the v2 car equipped with even airbags scored 0 for chest protection, so what's the point?

I agree with you that local cars are death traps indeed and introduction of safer cars must be encouraged, but we can't declare that the new entrant v2 is better in safety or the safety it provides must be taken into account when making a decision to purchase. it is just as bad or even worse than local cars, they tried and failed in their home country. if a deal sounds too good to be true, there's bound to be a catch.
    the 4 years gap as i mentioned before the testing standard did not change much and the changes like the additional tests or VSC etc were not performed in this test of the swift,

furthermore C-ncap and euro ncap and global ncap are all the same with the same standards not like IIHS of usa which has a entirely different star rating

the most probable scenario supported by facts is that the v2 sold in pakistan as equipped with airbags and pretensioners etc scored 3 stars out of 5(still leaving much to be desired as not 5 star) and pakistani local cars be it swift, wagon r or indian non airbag and other saftey quipement cars like the new swift or hyhundai i10 all score zero stars and the strucutre is also clearly regarded as unstable.

so 3 star v zero star makes it pretty clear and no brainer for safety as far as our market is concerned regardless how good swift and i10 perform when equipped with saftey quipement.

and i disagree about the deal looking too good to be true anology, take for example american cars you can have a fully loaded ford f150 pickup with v8 motor and ventilated seats and satnav for the same price as a middling vauxhall astra or a entry level bmw 1 series in uk or the corvette zr1 which goes as fast as a enzo and has more gagedts and features inside, no longer is the case that amercian build quality is shabby either, so companies with the backing of state can produce good cars at really cheap prices as well. its not a fixed rule.

in the end i am not supporting v2 or local cars or jdms as any further discussion will be outside the scope of this thread, i was only making a objective point supported by facts and reports of safety not what i believe how safe it is because of being Chinese.

in my personal opinion i would given this price range buy none of the cars mentioned in this thread as i have a immense disliking for hatchbacks be it of any kind, whether suzuki or vitz or aqua or bmw 1 series. i prefer saloons so i cant say more on this thread.

i get the point you are trying to make that chinease have a way of getting round regulations and cannot be trusted compared to established brands, but the facts support v2 otherwise and our local models at least have no regulations at all.
    If everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Name:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1450628911.838360.jpg
Views: 559
Size:  125.8 KB

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Just spotted a V2 in red color on Islamababd Express Way......since v were at signal, i spoke to the owner who appeared very satisfied with the car performance; in particular he mentioned bullet like pick n brakes.

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Salam.
    I just bought V2 and drove 600 Km. I am not in position to compare it with Passo as I have not driven Passo. Anyhow, road grip, pick, brakes and suspension of the this car is wonderful. I was also thinking of buying Passo but 1300 cc brand new car with loaded features in just 1.05 M had inspired me in buying this car and I was not disspointed with my choice Alhum dulilah.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I was in same situation few days ago

Choosing between v2 and passo

Almost everyone opposed v2 as it Chinese brand but still i want to ck it out

I have seen the car and inspect it, personally i don't like it as compare to passo

Its build quality is ok but not gr8, interior is not that impressive, back look awesome but front looks like a copy of swift

Features wise it is gr8 and overall shape is also good

My mind didn't agree on it bec 1st i do concern about re-sale as it is my hard earn 1.1 million rs and 2nd i don't like interior and sitting position.

So i go with passo which was in same price and was over all good choice.

Although i still say you can't match a brand new car with 2nd hand jdm

If you like v2 and don't concern about its resale, then definitely go and get it.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by edrahool View Post
    I was in same situation few days ago

Choosing between v2 and passo

Almost everyone opposed v2 as it Chinese brand but still i want to ck it out

I have seen the car and inspect it, personally i don't like it as compare to passo

Its build quality is ok but not gr8, interior is not that impressive, back look awesome but front looks like a copy of swift

Features wise it is gr8 and overall shape is also good

My mind didn't agree on it bec 1st i do concern about re-sale as it is my hard earn 1.1 million rs and 2nd i don't like interior and sitting position.

So i go with passo which was in same price and was over all good choice.

Although i still say you can't match a brand new car with 2nd hand jdm

If you like v2 and don't concern about its resale, then definitely go and get it.

You are absolutely right about the interior build quality....the plastic is so cheap! Although some people claims that it is because of 2 tone, but i think thats bcs of plastic quality...they had just cut their cost by making this quality of interior...and thats the only thing restrict me to buy this car...

Overall the car is wonderful...it has almost the basic features, good car must have...

FAW should consider this before local assembling of this car...i would suggest to increase the quality of interior, whether they have to increase the price..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

nice judgment,

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

brother, what your review about FAW V2? any issue? i have decided to purchase FAW V2 plz offer some value comments.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

re-edit

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by capsat View Post
    base issue is - a USED JDM & Brand New PKDM.

money is yours life is yours, make a wise choice. a brand new car you can safely use with casual-maintenance- by-user manual.

USED JDM is highly unreliable mechanically. auction sheets are for 'SHELL' condition only. Mechanically JDM cars are high risk

play your bet with caution
    been using 2 x JDMs for the last 4 years , not a squeak , not a sound,

unreliable mechanically ? where

auction reports tell the body work condition , true, but then , how 'bad" engine wise a mere 3 year old car can be ?

-------------------

C-NCAP and E _NCAP are NOT the same, i would like to see a FAW V2 performs in euro ncap to belive that .

been working extensively with chinese transformers, chinese turbines, chinese switchgear,

advertise plate rating of 10hp is actually 8 horses. go figure

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

User Tag List