Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: I want to buy brand new Faw V2, everybody opposes but I liked the car very much.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default I want to buy brand new Faw V2, everybody opposes but I liked the car very much.

Please those faw V2 users who have used this car or are using, please advise me. I am buying my first car. i want to buy a new one, faw v2 is affordable. ACtually i went in the market for wagon R, but i thought to just see V2. when i reached V2 show room in I9 islamabad. I saw V2, i totally forgot about Wagon R. What a car, every thing is in it. beautiful body, shape, spacious interior. was so comfortable in it. spacious back seats. loved it so much, but so i forgot about wagon R. when i came back home, every body started opposing the car. I said i don't want to sell the car. re-sale is not a issue for me i wil keep it for atleast 3-4 years. but every body was saying china ki company hai, i argued, pakistan main suzuki to pakistan ki hai. etc etc. then said passo lo. i went to check passo, it is good, but good car costs 140K. way out of range. Please user help me and give me a good and honest advice to what to do, I need a car with imobilizer that is very important for me, i have a parking issue, wagon R has it so i give a thought to it, V2 aso has it. and JDM also do. so give me please an honest advice. Waiting for your answers and sugestion I have went through the previous discussions, but need more personalized opinons.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default I want to buy brand new Faw V2, everybody opposes but I liked the car very much.

Quote Originally Posted by mac148 View Post
    I have already written a review in the owner's thread. Here is the link.

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/sho....php?p=5079089
    Yea i saw that . Nice review and white looks very good , again I don't hate this car but a person like me who changes car's frequently like every year or two. It would bear alot of loss. I know cars are bought for using and not selling but come on we all think about that too , and these small cars are bought to be driven in city on average speeds .
    This car isn't for the people who sell their cars frequently. Peace

Sent from my iPhone 6 using PW Forums

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Self edit

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mohsinirshad1 View Post
    Yea i saw that . Nice review and white looks very good , again I don't hate this car but a person like me who changes car's frequently like every year or two. It would bear alot of loss. I know cars are bought for using and not selling but come on we all think about that too , and these small cars are bought to be driven in city on average speeds .
    This car isn't for the people who sell their cars frequently. Peace

I agree that this car is not for people who change Cars frequently because of low resale right now. However when it starts to manufacture here in pakistan then things might change. I believe average life of Suzuki cars is not more than 5 years. This time my gamble is on v2 cuz i have already experienced Suzuki. If it gives me trouble free 5 years them I believe it's a better buy for money with much more features. Uptill now it's going good.
    By the way there is no point in hating cars. It's just a car in the low cost range. We can't expect perfection in this price range. If some body has more budget then there are definitely better options in Honda and Toyota. But in this budget I believe this is the best option available. (not considering jdm cars.)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mac148 View Post
    I agree that this car is not for people who change Cars frequently because of low resale right now. However when it starts to manufacture here in pakistan then things might change. I believe average life of Suzuki cars is not more than 5 years. This time my gamble is on v2 cuz i have already experienced Suzuki. If it gives me trouble free 5 years them I believe it's a better buy for money with much more features. Uptill now it's going good.
    By the way there is no point in hating cars. It's just a car in the low cost range. We can't expect perfection in this price range. If some body has more budget then there are definitely better options in Honda and Toyota. But in this budget I believe this is the best option available. (not considering jdm cars.)
    I just think it isnt wise to spend the same amount on a car which has plastic on its interior of the same quality as of a suzuki mehran and you won't be able to get rid of this car without bearing a huge loss , on wagon's interior , they have improved that big time and you can compare wagon r's interior with our local city and corolla because its that good . Wagon r sells great too , Only downside is that is isn't a good looking car from exterior and its target market ie the middle class does not care much about it , those who do go for cultus which i think is absolutely ridiculous , Also wagon r does not have airbags and abs which our local xli does not have either and quite frankly people here are living without these features from all these years , with proper precautions and safe driving you won't face the need of these features either provided your investment is safe and the car is doing the job ok for you .

60% of our population is illiterate and does not care about airbags or abs . This also is a factor why wagonr 's sales are good . You said suzukis die in 5 years . Well it all depends upon the person . How you use it .

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Resale mentality is the reason we see thousand of mehrans daily on roads..they do have option of other cars but they will prefer this junk.I don't own v2 but my friend has it ..its a good car with many goodies.Shape is much much better than WagonR (bolan ki behan)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Go for faw v2. I m also trying to save money from last 4 months to buy v2. I love tht car. I want safety comfort. Hoping soon i will have tht beauty.

Sent from my SM-E700F using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I just think it isnt wise to spend the same amount on a car which has plastic on its interior of the same quality as of a suzuki mehran and you won't be able to get rid of this car without bearing a huge loss , on wagon's interior , they have improved that big time and you can compare wagon r's interior with our local city and corolla because its that good . Wagon r sells great too , Only downside is that is isn't a good looking car from exterior and its target market ie the middle class does not care much about it , those who do go for cultus which i think is absolutely ridiculous , Also wagon r does not have airbags and abs which our local xli does not have either and quite frankly people here are living without these features from all these years , with proper precautions and safe driving you won't face the need of these features either provided your investment is safe and the car is doing the job ok for you .

60% of our population is illiterate and does not care about airbags or abs . This also is a factor why wagonr 's sales are good . You said suzukis die in 5 years . Well it all depends upon the person . How you use it .

I think the opinion about plastic on interior is highly subjective.

I am absolutely loving the color combination of light and dark grey plastic which goes exactly with my custom made leatherite poshish. Plastic does not squeaks or gives random noises which is a common problem in alto and cultus. It has a quite solid feeling.

Plastic usually feels cheap on movable parts like handles of window glasses. Just to remind, the back doors of wagon r has manual handles for window glasses.

Your comment regarding the wagon R's interior plastic comparable to honda or corolla is I think biased and overrated in the same way as you are comparing the plastic of V2 with Mehran.

We buy cars for driving and drive of 1300cc V2 with ABS breaks is definitely better than Wagon R.

If one gives importance to colors (having natural annoyance towards grey color) then they are better off not buying this car.

Regarding my comment about suzuki's life being 5 years, i meant hassle free maintenance without additional costs of repairs or wear and tear. I have yet to meet a suzuki owner who didn't change or replaced either axles, ball and socket joints or bearings. Radiator pipe leakages within 5 years is also routine for suzuki. AC effectiveness of suzuki declines with time and require routine maintenance.

Wagon R is new entrant and we don't have any long term data regarding these problems which is also same for V2.

I think in coming 5 to 7 years we will be better able to comment on the build quality of these cars.

However, on the other hand the long term opinions regarding comparable models of suzuki are already established as having common wear and tear problems within 5 years.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You know when you are flying kites (lambi lambi choorna)

You went for test drive of V2 and sales man said dont buy this car this is garbage car.. PS is great company and buy wagon r because one person modified wagon r with TypeR sticker ...

Come on man, i drove this car myself and found it way more comfortable than PS crap cars including mine Cultus. Do you even know how many options that car has ?

Power Steering
    Power Windows
    Dual bags
    Abs

Sent from Cultus Limited Edition... using iphone 6sss...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dr-adil View Post
    Please those faw V2 users who have used this car or are using, please advise me. I am buying my first car. i want to buy a new one, faw v2 is affordable. ACtually i went in the market for wagon R, but i thought to just see V2. when i reached V2 show room in I9 islamabad. I saw V2, i totally forgot about Wagon R. What a car, every thing is in it. beautiful body, shape, spacious interior. was so comfortable in it. spacious back seats. loved it so much, but so i forgot about wagon R. when i came back home, every body started opposing the car. I said i don't want to sell the car. re-sale is not a issue for me i wil keep it for atleast 3-4 years. but every body was saying china ki company hai, i argued, pakistan main suzuki to pakistan ki hai. etc etc. then said passo lo. i went to check passo, it is good, but good car costs 140K. way out of range. Please user help me and give me a good and honest advice to what to do, I need a car with imobilizer that is very important for me, i have a parking issue, wagon R has it so i give a thought to it, V2 aso has it. and JDM also do. so give me please an honest advice. Waiting for your answers and sugestion I have went through the previous discussions, but need more personalized opinons.

Firstly, for just 3-4 years, re-sale IS an issue! When you say resale is not an issue, it means either you're ready to afford a potential loss (in case it doesn't sell well) or you intend to keep it for 12-15 years.

Secondly, WagonR is 1.0L while V2 is 1.3L .... so it also depends on which one you want. Definitely, 1.0L will have better fuel economy (particularly) inside the city but 1.3L with have more power.

Thirdly, it depends on where you intend to drive it. If it is used within the city (Islamabad/Rawalpindi), then there are lesser issues with mechanics and spares, but if you take it out of major towns and it breaks down, then V2 will give you difficulty in finding parts/mechanics.

So, keeping the above-mentioned points in mind, do what you think best fits your needs, likes and budget.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chdemon View Post
    You know when you are flying kites (lambi lambi choorna)

You went for test drive of V2 and sales man said dont buy this car this is garbage car.. PS is great company and buy wagon r because one person modified wagon r with TypeR sticker ...

Come on man, i drove this car myself and found it way more comfortable than PS crap cars including mine Cultus. Do you even know how many options that car has ?

Power Steering
    Power Windows
    Dual bags
    Abs
    Lol lambi lambi chorna ? Is it that hard getting a test drive of this car ? And i said it before and I'm saying it again . Go to faw queens road and have a chat with their salesperson named Bilal , WHEN Did i say he told me not to buy this car and its a garbage car , don't just assume things if you can't understand what i wrote . He never said anything about paksuzuki either , i test drove both cars that day and gave my review about how i felt when i inspected both cars .

Fitting airbags and abs in a mehran would not be appealing, right ? Same is the case with this car because it interior gives so cheap feeling . A budget car for me atleast is 70% interior and 30% exterior .

I absolutely hate paksuzuki and i think they are the people who should be challenged in court for selling us crap cars all these decades .

I assume you own a 90's cultus, that is why you're so pissed on paksuzuki and i know how hard it can be driving a cultus in 45 degrees outside and trust me that wagon r with type s sticker looks 100 times better than that donkey cart aka cultus.

Faw is a nice emerging company but their lack of proper advertising being a comparatively new company shows their interest in our market . And who knows they vanish from our market in the next 5 years , what can anyone do?

Every sensible person who knows what scarcity is and considering our business sectors declining these days will be careful while spending his hard earned money ,having an opportunity cost and considering how much will your asset depreciate's . Who will want to invest on faw ?

I own a honda city and a toyota aqua myself so don't think im being biased here on comparing these two cars , but if still i want to buy one of these , i'd go for wagon r , sell it in a year and get celerio next year .

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hahahaa..

achay spell yaad hain bai gariyon kay app ko to. lolz aqua and city wooow dream cars ... keh to asay rahay ho jesay yeh BMW aur ferrari hain.

Pehli jo cultus bani thi woh meri hi to thi (Lambi lambi choooori). 90's cultus bhi banday hi chaltay hongay ofcourse so no shame in owning one of those as well.

Faw is lacking in advertisement does not make their car bad.

for your lambi lambi chorna was Salesman of a company said -ves about its own product.

Heads up boy!!!! no body would care even if you own a ferrari... so keep your rides with you.
    Lol lambi lambi chorna ? Is it that hard getting a test drive of this car ? And i said it before and I'm saying it again . Go to faw queens road and have a chat with their salesperson named Bilal , WHEN Did i say he told me not to buy this car and its a garbage car , don't just assume things if you can't understand what i wrote . He never said anything about paksuzuki either , i test drove both cars that day and gave my review about how i felt when i inspected both cars .

Fitting airbags and abs in a mehran would not be appealing, right ? Same is the case with this car because it interior gives so cheap feeling . A budget car for me atleast is 70% interior and 30% exterior .

I absolutely hate paksuzuki and i think they are the people who should be challenged in court for selling us crap cars all these decades .

I assume you own a 90's cultus, that is why you're so pissed on paksuzuki and i know how hard it can be driving a cultus in 45 degrees outside and trust me that wagon r with type s sticker looks 100 times better than that donkey cart aka cultus.

Faw is a nice emerging company but their lack of proper advertising being a comparatively new company shows their interest in our market . And who knows they vanish from our market in the next 5 years , what can anyone do?

Every sensible person who knows what scarcity is and considering our business sectors declining these days will be careful while spending his hard earned money ,having an opportunity cost and considering how much will your asset depreciate's . Who will want to invest on faw ?

I own a honda city and a toyota aqua myself so don't think im being biased.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chdemon View Post
    hahahaa..

achay spell yaad hain bai gariyon kay app ko to. lolz aqua and city wooow dream cars ... keh to asay rahay ho jesay yeh BMW aur ferrari hain.

Pehli jo cultus bani thi woh meri hi to thi (Lambi lambi choooori). 90's cultus bhi banday hi chaltay hongay ofcourse so no shame in owning one of those as well.

Faw is lacking in advertisement does not make their car bad.

for your lambi lambi chorna was Salesman of a company said -ves about its own product.

Heads up boy!!!! no body would care even if you own a ferrari... so keep your rides with you.
    Hahaha , i smell something burning , that 90's wali bat . Peace out man . Seems like you're a little older than 8 , I don't want to waste more of my time on your little brain

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Poster , drive both cars , meet their owners and then decide where you want to spend your bucks . Alot of people here may misguide you because their isn't an age limit on pakwheels to join forums ✌🏼️

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I was in a similar situation when I was buying the car, I researched for 3 months because making such a big investment and that too for the first time wasnt easy. Drove WagonR n V2 both, syst lots of back n forth I was able to decide to go for V2 because of the following reasons:

1. Faw already has a strong foot gold in heavy vehicles.
    2. They're XPV is a hit and their pickup is a hit too which has thrown suzuki or of the market for Bolan n pickups.
    3. The options, independent suspension, Euro 4 maintainance free car.
    5. A friend who owns Wagon R since two years told me that cars radiator is a big problem, solution not found.
    6. The car doesn't stay stake at speed of 80 plus

I finally bought V2 in Feb and now it's almost 3 months. Initially there were issues but not that big of a problem my queries were resolved over phone calls didn't had to wait till the sun comes out and I could visit the showroom the next day. Their support team is amazing. My love for the car increases with every passing kilometer and every passing moment.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ignored.... no need to reply, people can get idea what mentality level we have. drive your AQUA (bmw) with care oh yes and City (Ferrari) with care too if you have these

Hahaha , i smell something burning , that 90's wali bat . Peace out man . Seems like you're a little older than 8 , I don't want to waste more of my time on your little brain

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank you so much for sharing your opinions. today i am going for test drive of V2. thank you so so much.
    My senior who is a senior registrar in PIMS said V2 is a very underestimated car. it has full features. you should go for it if you don't care about resale. but lets see will i be able to convince my family today after the test drive. .

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thank you guys, booked faw v 2 today loved it. will share pics when i get it

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

faw b book hoti hai kia?
    i thought faw is like k give money and drive the car to home same day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using PW Forums mobile app
    yes!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Booking and faw ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Booking and faw ?

It can happen.. when i went to buy it my first preference was black color but it was't available with dealership nor in khi so they had to import from china and time frame they gave me was 45 days.. so in the end i got it in another color...

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

User Tag List