Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default "You have won a Cultus" Fraud

Hello everyone

I just wanted to bring a new type of fraud going on these days, where you are contact by so called "GM of a company in karachi" and told that you have won a Cultus. They are very "connected" people as they have your complete bio data including your home address, phone number, and even NIC card, so one has no option but to believe what they are saying.

This happened yesterday with my friend too and partially convinced with the whole "Cultus Winning" thing, he googled the number from where he got the call and got the following link that has saved him from loosing money. Though he is still in contact with these people and trying to figure out a way to catch them with thier own bait.

What surprises me is that this has happened to many other people also and even after 2 months, the cell number of these people is still that same. Which means no authorities (FIA,PTA) have tried to track this person down and bring him to justice.

Hope we can propagate this message to save many others from this scam.

Regards

Usman

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Same call was received by my father one year ago, they were asking for some amount, then when there was not good response from my father, they were furious, my father strictly that they will send one of his relative from Karachi to receive the car, there was no response from them.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The best way to deal with these clowns :
    Ask the caller to send his ID card and photos to your office address, along with a cheque of the amount they're asking you to deposit and tell them that you shall post all these to the head of the company and that guy can go and get the car/plot for himself. Play the same game he's playing with you

Sent from my GT-I9100G using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ive worked in mobilink call center for an year. round about 15-20 calls ive received where some people texted them that they have won some amount through benazir income support and some other crap and needed to deposit 20k,sometimes 10k and sometime 5k.and trust me,5-6 persons were those who actually sent money through easy paisa,some through scratch card numbers.i felt really sad for them.one pathan was literally crying,he had sent these fraudis about 12k. in mobilink,we had to forward complaint to PTA.rest was upto PTA to take appropriate action..but problem is the un-restricted selling of mobile sims. PTA should put some kind of ban on limit of sims issued on a NIC.and most importantly, no sim should be registered on a call,sim should only be registered in office with person whose CNIC its gonna be registered present.. otherwise,more people will get trapped..these faruds do have the knack to keep comin with some new idea every time!
    REAL men drive manual cars!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by cracked View Post
    Ive worked in mobilink call center for an year. round about 15-20 calls ive received where some people texted them that they have won some amount through benazir income support and some other crap and needed to deposit 20k,sometimes 10k and sometime 5k.and trust me,5-6 persons were those who actually sent money through easy paisa,some through scratch card numbers.i felt really sad for them.one pathan was literally crying,he had sent these fraudis about 12k. in mobilink,we had to forward complaint to PTA.rest was upto PTA to take appropriate action..but problem is the un-restricted selling of mobile sims. PTA should put some kind of ban on limit of sims issued on a NIC.and most importantly, no sim should be registered on a call,sim should only be registered in office with person whose CNIC its gonna be registered present.. otherwise,more people will get trapped..these faruds do have the knack to keep comin with some new idea every time!
    If the mobile service provider are really honest in the implementation they can do what KSA have done. It is MANDITORY to use the ID number when recharging in the recharge code *USSD*Card*RegisteredID#. Only ID on which the sim is registered is accepted else the sim is blocked in 3 tries. The information to get which id the particular sim is registered in NOT available via SMS (free USSD service). Only a person can check how many(Quantity only) sims are registered on his ID (Free USSD).

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i have been scammed once too last vacation. it went like i received a message that i received a recharge(500PKR). check my balance it was been shown incremented. then received a call that it was a mistake and sent a recharge code back to the given number. thinking it may actually may be a mistake i went to market and sent back a recharge card (300PKR anay jannay ka kharcha). after 4 hours the balance was back to the earlier . I dont how was that possible with out service provider involvement or my authorization.(No file or code was received or typed by me).

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dam View Post
    Same -- today i received a call on PTCL at 3.PM .from Lahore PTCL No. ....... First he introduce him self named Waris ali - from Premium universal food company ... and say i m marketing manager of this company .. and ask my father to call .. my father was not at home at that time ... then he continue with me .. he just say that - u hv purchased an item last year through our company In yr area he mentioned the name of our area and sector Too ...... then he say for our promotion of company we launch a draw ... and u have won a Cultus car ... And i say yes ;;;THEN ......Then he say i m giving u a number of our GM- Mr shafqat rasool from karachi head office...he will further tell u procedure ... then i called that Mr . 1st i ask about the company and and his designation ... then he ask about my father and my grandfather name ... then he told me that yr father have won cultus car and he should come with 2-copies of Identity card and 2 Passport size Photographs and 2 people for Evidence that this car will not be sell till 3 months .. then he say if yr father is above 50 or cannot come due to some reason he can talk our Director he take his prize (Car)in yr own city .... then i ask the address he say ___N320----iNDUSTRIAL AREA --NOORIABAD 1 ----SUPER HIGHWAY ----KARACHI ----- when he finished his story i just ask ;;;;;;;;; Sir G koyi Fraud shud to nahi hai ---- He reply me in a very rude and say Hum app se ek chawani nahi ley rahay to fraud kis baath ki and he down the Phone .................................THATS THE STORyy

Well ek multinational company atleast is tarah marketing nahi karti ... k bus ajayein or cultus gari ap ki hui -------- lekin ek bath hai ek rupay ki demand nahi ki unho ne --- may be wahan jaa kar kartay GUYS THINK ye kya hai
    Aghwa honay ka irada hai?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

oor sab say ziada ghussa tab ataa hey jab yeh benazir income support waley msg raat ko 3 4 bgey atey hain
    If plan "A" didnt work...dont mind......Alphabet has 25 more letters

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mag88 View Post
    i have been scammed once too last vacation. it went like i received a message that i received a recharge(500PKR). check my balance it was been shown incremented. then received a call that it was a mistake and sent a recharge code back to the given number. thinking it may actually may be a mistake i went to market and sent back a recharge card (300PKR anay jannay ka kharcha). after 4 hours the balance was back to the earlier . I dont how was that possible with out service provider involvement or my authorization.(No file or code was received or typed by me).
    This process is done legally, but you got scammed.

I have a Ufone sim, and i accidentally easy loaded another number instead of mine with 1000 rupees. My friend owns the shop, so he helped me out retrieving it back. First we phoned the number, and he was ' agar ghalti ki hay to is ka lesson seekh lo' basically a nut head.
    He then proceeded to phone a Ufone number, specially for Wrong top ups. Told them the code, wrong and correct phone number, and voila within 1 hour, i got 800 something balance back. They used a legal procedure, but scammed you too by making you feel sorry for them etc.

In the future, just relax and use that Load
    Turbo lag is like foreplay. You know it's coming. And it's gonna be good.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mag88 View Post
    its very easy.the shop keeper sent you the 500 credit. and the sent you the text that it was a mistake. you returned him 300RS card number.he forwarded the complaint to mobile service company that he has mistakenly sent balance on wrong number. they check and was verified. and then the balance is reversed. the shopkeeper was an ar*ehole here!..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by faiz.aslam.121 View Post
    This process is done legally, but you got scammed.

I have a Ufone sim, and i accidentally easy loaded another number instead of mine with 1000 rupees. My friend owns the shop, so he helped me out retrieving it back. First we phoned the number, and he was ' agar ghalti ki hay to is ka lesson seekh lo' basically a nut head.
    He then proceeded to phone a Ufone number, specially for Wrong top ups. Told them the code, wrong and correct phone number, and voila within 1 hour, i got 800 something balance back. They used a legal procedure, but scammed you too by making you feel sorry for them etc.

In the future, just relax and use that Load
    even if you use balance,they will still deduct it from you future topups/loads.
    thing is what i know customer who received balance mistakenly more than 100 is called for verification and after his consent,the balance is reversed..but it balannce is lesser than 100,company will simply roll it back.
    now shopkeeper MUST know someone in the company who did the reversal of balance without the customer's permission.you know even if you are loaded with a 500 RS or even more mistakenly,company is bound to call you and ask you if they can reverse the transaction,and if you say NO to that,they cant reverse the balance and the shopkeeper will bear the loss.so if you received balance of 500 and it was reversed without calling you first for consent,you can lodge a complaint to relevant helpline.just tell them that you know how it works and you want to forward a complaint against any CCR who did this.(the department for balance reversal issues is Investigation and Resource Unit A.K.A IRU in mobilink)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Great to know, thanks
    Turbo lag is like foreplay. You know it's coming. And it's gonna be good.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

okay this thing cultas fraud happend in my home today my dad got a call from karachi some guy from Nizam group of industires called n said u hav won the cultus .Thank god i googled n found this thread......he gav us followin numbers ....plz tell all do not agree to what he says he will have all of ur info n will ask u to deposit 6000 rs fr delivery charges of cultas to ur home

03135174044 ch jehanzeb , world cargo services
    042-35013465 nayyar

n thats the add he will tell
    NIZAM GROUP OF COMPANY, PLOT # N-32 , MAIN SUPER HIGHWAY , ROAD NEARBY NOORIABAD BUS STOP KARACHI ...PHONE 021-35425136
    My brain works as a DOCTOR , but my heart was stolen by CARS!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

now a days they try benazir income support program lol

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi all.

First of all, a big thanks to Mr. Usman (UZone), the thread creator for bringing this important scam info into notice.

Just wanted to inform all that this fraud-ring is still operating and making calls to trap ignorant public. I received a call on my PTCL number yesterday from some guy who introduced himself as Ali Abbas. Said he was calling from the head office of Mezan Group of Industries, Karachi (Tel: 021-35428136). He repeated the same story to me regarding a Metro/Makro/Hyperstar lucky draw and a Cultus prize which needed to be claimed until 12PM the next day by visiting the supposed Karachi head office (as I had not replied to their supposed letter). Being a marketing guy myself, I knew that's not how companies go about the whole thing, so I played along to extract more info.

I told him I can't come to Khi on such short notice so I need any other alternative. The guy told me to contact some Area Manager "Nadeem Bukhari" on 0336-7192428. I called this other guy and asked the same. Quite hilariously, this 'Nadeem' guy told me that the company was offering home delivery of the car. Convenient for them, all that needed to be done was transfer some freight charges to some account so the company can send the car to my house

At this point I lost my cool and made ample use of profanity and gave him the treatment he deserved. Mr. Area Manager called me an ******* and turned off his mobile afterwards. The number remains powered off as I type this

Btw, here's the address of this legendary head office that 'Ali Abbas' shared with me:

Plot N-32, Nooriabad Stop, Industrial Area, Super Highway Road, Karachi.

Beware of such scams and never transfer money to any account/person you don't know. More importantly, never meet anyone you don't know especially in a city like Karachi where kidnappings for ransom are painfully common. May God keep us all safe. Cheers n thanks for reading

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

AOA Guys, I also received such call on my landline number yesterday. I told my family that its a fraud but when my family insisted I called them to check how they do it. The lady Claiming name Ms. Sadia Khan from 0321-8900904 of National Marketing Company Karachi said that you have won a 2013 model Silver Cultus in a lucky draw. First we will confirm your CNIC and address. After this she asked Can you come to Karachi to collect the car and I replied in negative. So she said we will deliver the Car in Lahore through Haji Rehmat Ali, Cell 0302-7200949, New Asia Cargo, 91-D, Noori Abad,Main Super Highway, Karachi.
    Please be careful guys from such people.
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Exactly. BISP scam is in its peak.
    Received 4th sms within 6months. The same is reproduced below:

Message from 0344-0787447
    "Benazir income support program main apki family k form par Rs.25200/- fund manzoor ho gaya hai. aap ka number BISP form may register tha. aap is number par call karain 03047647233

Quote Originally Posted by chaudhary9 View Post
    now a days they try benazir income support program lol

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Today I got a similar call from Branch Manager Meezo food and I was told that I have won a Corolla GLI ...

below are the Name/number's:::&&&& Be Aware...

Ali Raza (Branch Manager Faisalabad)...0304.195.4055 & 041.8008913
    Syed Sharjeel Kazmi (GM Meezo Foods Karachi Head Office)...0345.7665744

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by majedkhan View Post
    I received a call today from Meezo foods faisalabad 041-9021229, by Ali Raza , saying i won a corolla gli and if i want it sent should call there head in karachi on this number 0345-2037923 by Syed Sharjeel Qazmi.
    Putting details so any bro can help and inform FIA or concerned authority so they dont fleece some1 else.

I received a similar call today but from different numbers:::

Ali Raza (Branch Manager Meezo Foods) called from 0304.195.4055 and said the same thing. Followed by an SMS with number of Syed Shharjeel Kazmi (GM Meezo Foods - 0345.7665744)
    and landline number: 041.800.8913

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

one friend of my colleague got call that you won a cultus in a lottery. (his brother was also working in my office). that person tell him that he is from cargo office and receive cultus to send him and he have to send 50000 cargo charges. he got confused and talked with his friend and tell him that he thinks this is fraud, his friend (my colleague) tell him take 200000 from me, if this is fraud or I get cultus that my qismat, you take this money then cultus or loss will be mine. that person got confuse thinking maybe this is not fraud as he is giving me 2lakh. he talk with another friend, took holidays from office, take other friend with him and went to karachi. when they reach there, there was no office.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Another Scam - can be caught
    Another scam is happening. May be anyone (working in mobilink / ufone/ fia) can unveil / caught the culprits. It will somehow safe innocent people from future frauds.

Yesterday, on 24th April 2014, my friend received call from the Manager of Habib Masala SYED Riaz Gillani that he won a cultus in a lucky draw. The cultus is parked at Karachi. Either he can pick car from Karachi or collect it from Islamabad by paying freight charges. The gang is very clever. They have all information of my friend. He discussed with me. I warn him to keep away from them and never never deposit any charges.

Details are:
    Company: Habib Masala
    SYED Riaz Gillani
    Manager
    0300-2517373
    042-36111397

JazakAllah

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

User Tag List