0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Car stolen from garage

Mod Edit: Thread moved to correct section.

Yesterday morning, my cousin's almost new gli got stolen for his own garage. The garage was properly locked and the car had steering lock and tracker installed. The thieves (3 or 4 assumptions) jumped in from garage's gate. They entered the car by breaking the rear window and chopped the steering lock then the gate lock.

At 6:30 am, the tracker company called saying that ur car is crossing Sagian Pull so they have turned off the car. In shock he checked the garage for his car then called 1 5 and motorway police. After half an hour the tracker company called saying that they have stopped receiving signals from ur car.

The thing is, my cousin's mother was awake that time but she did not hear a sound. How were the thieves able to bypass the tracker? If tracker is so easily bypassed then whats the use of tracker? One thing to note that he has two more cars (alto and cultus) with alarm systems, did thieves aim for big car or car without alarm system?

This means that how much so ever you try to protect your car with tracker, steering lock, your car is not safe, even inside your own house.

The worst part was only the 50% of the car was insured that mean he would get only 8 lacs back.

I am a bit worried because i also have the new model corolla with tracker and fully insured. I would really like if someone could give me suggestion regarding his big loss, like this type of event ever happened before and was the car recovered. Please if someone can help or give information regarding this type of event please don't hesitate. Is there any chances of his car being recovered and who should he contact?

Car description:
    Corolla GLI 2010 model, Dark silver colour.

Thanks.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sad to hear about his loss, and ever more remorseful to hear that all the safety precautions failed big time.

Because these are the top level security precautions we could get here in Pakistan.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

it,s really sad to hear about ur czn loss!
    btw nothing is safe in this country!
    and trackers and insuarnce are usless i mean these are just chum chum nothing else!
    now he can,t recover his car! i pray that he get it back!
    and if he get the money back that too after investigations and khawari!!
    FXXB and EJ8 on its way............

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bypassing a tracker is easy business, I mean very easy business - they intercept solid 12V signals, anyone with a half asleep brain can reroute power to that circuit and be on their way.

The tracking companies are using GSM tech - easy to beat - use a jammer, a good solution to keep cars from being stolen is to completely disable the engine (old guys in older cars) used to take out the distributor cap and wires and keep them inside the house.

Ive experienced a car (land Cruiser 100 series) being stolen and within 4 hours the tracking company said they found the signal outside Karachi, and were proceeding to collect the vehicle, me and the owner also got to the place to find a box with the whole tracking shabbang connected to a 12V AGS motorcycle battery.. (NICE)

Ive been telling people that these tracking units are so easy to kill that its literally comical and funny. Ive even exchanged really hot words with some giant a$$hole working for Trakker just on this point - as they were trying to blame that I bypassed a tracking system in a car while I was repairing it. It took me 2 seconds to see what was missing and apply a fix
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    bypassing a tracker is easy business, I mean very easy business - they intercept solid 12V signals, anyone with a half asleep brain can reroute power to that circuit and be on their way.

The tracking companies are using GSM tech - easy to beat - use a jammer, a good solution to keep cars from being stolen is to completely disable the engine (old guys in older cars) used to take out the distributor cap and wires and keep them inside the house.

Ive experienced a car (land Cruiser 100 series) being stolen and within 4 hours the tracking company said they found the signal outside Karachi, and were proceeding to collect the vehicle, me and the owner also got to the place to find a box with the whole tracking shabbang connected to a 12V AGS motorcycle battery.. (NICE)
    So sir what could be the ultimate solution, in the new age cars to keep them safe, because after readig about this incident, ive come to a conclusion that it is useless to invest in even a gps tracking system.

someone has asked me for advice over a foolproof security system because his audio system is worth a lot, and he had asked me to come up with something safe and reliable, i was in favour of the gps tracking system but now, blukh!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    me and the owner also got to the place to find a box with the whole tracking shabbang connected to a 12V AGS motorcycle battery.. (NICE)
    My GOD!

@OP
    Sad to hear about your loss.
    Thieves are getting courageous and bold day by day.
    A couple of days back a motorbike got stolen in the neighbourhood.
    It was locked and was parked inside the porch with the gate locked.
    One of the most difficult things in the world is to know how to do something, and to watch without comment, somebody else do it incorrectly.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@xulfiqar,

Would have immobilizer prevented anything like that?
    R18 boyz!.....Powered by Honda

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

nothing can stop them. What i do to secure my gli is that i park my old car behind it. Otherwise there is nothing you can do to stop them. They come prepared and are experts.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sad to hear about his loss.But recommend him to install a chorr switch iahev installed that switch and got a bunch of wiring in my car so no one can know whr that wire goes.

Recommend him a chorr switch that directly connects to your ecu and main relay of your car i will post pics of my car wiring tomorrow or day after tomorrow how to misjudge the thieves.
    Money differs from an automobile or mistress in being equally important to those who have it and those who do not.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sad to hear about ur czn's loss. Car theft is rising day by day..

Actually new model of corolla is really a hot cake nowadays for thieves. Thieves are desperately after it.

We had also faced this situation. But our car was saved.

3 days back i was in my chachus home and i had parked my car(corolla 2.OD saloon 2010) properly locked and inside garage with dust cover and my another car honda city was parked in street with no extra locks.
    Thieves tried to steal my corolla and they were 80% successful in the job but by the Grace of Almighty ALLAH. We were saved from this loss and my czn woke up to drink water and he heard some suspecious voices. And after he saw a man in garage. And he immediately called police but no responce from them.. After 15 mins we decided to show some resistance and hence fired some bullets in the air. And made them to run away.. And we had seen 3 ppl in garage.. 4 ppl in street.
    They had opened up locks of the car. Rear door window broken. Hood opened. 3 locks of gate were broken.
    Now you can imagine. My czn's civic and my chachus lc200 was also parked in the same garage and city was parked outside the premises of home and was easy target. But thieves came for corolla..
    Becareful. Take great care of your car.
    May ALLAH save all of us from these tensions.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

how it was noted that the robbers were 3-4 ppl.
    did they leave the foot prints???

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Due to different crisis n be rozgari car theft is at its peak,and i honestly dont prefer new car in this time,my relatives new Gli 1.6 was stolen too,few days back in Isb sadly no luck.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think immobilizer is a better deterent. But sadly IMC never offers one in any of their trims. The bigger thief pocketing its share too.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sad to hear about your loss.
    very sad

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by car_bus2008 View Post
    Sad to hear about his loss.But recommend him to install a chorr switch iahev installed that switch and got a bunch of wiring in my car so no one can know whr that wire goes.

Recommend him a chorr switch that directly connects to your ecu and main relay of your car i will post pics of my car wiring tomorrow or day after tomorrow how to misjudge the thieves.
    Please send such info over PM as this threads are open to every one concerned or non concerned.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by getmoa View Post
    how it was noted that the robbers were 3-4 ppl.
    did they leave the foot prints???
    Looked them from the roof.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Sk_KingpiN View Post
    Looked them from the roof.
    In my case. I looked them from roof.
    Op how u know that 3-4 ppl stolen the car?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MKArsalan View Post
    Yesterday morning, my cousin's almost new gli got stolen for his own garage. The garage was properly locked and the car had steering lock and tracker installed. The thieves (3 or 4) jumped in from garage's gate. They entered the car by breaking the rear window and chopped the steering lock then the gate lock.

At 6:30 am, the tracker company called saying that ur car is crossing Sagian Pull so they have turned off the car. In shock he checked the garage for his car then called 1 5 and motorway police. After half an hour the tracker company called saying that they have stopped receiving signals from ur car.

The thing is, my cousin's mother was awake that time but she did not hear a sound. How were the thieves able to bypass the tracker? If tracker is so easily bypassed then whats the use of tracker? One thing to note that he has two more cars (alto and cultus) with alarm systems, did thieves aim for big car or car without alarm system?

This means that how much so ever you try to protect your car with tracker, steering lock, your car is not safe, even inside your own house.

The worst part was only the 50% of the car was insured that mean he would get only 8 lacs back.

I am a bit worried because i also have the new model corolla with tracker and fully insured. I would really like if someone could give me suggestion regarding his big loss, like this type of event ever happened before and was the car recovered. Please if someone can help or give information regarding this type of event please don't hesitate. Is there any chances of his car being recovered and who should he contact?

Car description:
    Corolla GLI 2010 model, Dark silver colour.

Thanks.
    I think it is very helpful to put American Lock in steering rod cross. I always use it. American locks are very hard to break. It costs around 600 Rs (medium size).

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@all
    Invest in a CCTV camera and motion detector spot light. I have installed these two but still read ayat ul kursi as the ultimate protector is Allah almighty.

PS I have deliberately opted for a bulky proline uk camera though small ones were also aval but the main thing is deterrence, camera should be visible to the passersby outside your home and the motion detection light kick in when someone get closer to the gate and people think as if someone is operating the light from inside the home.
    My next project is to get a motion detector and connect it with a door bell or some alarm n install it in the garage INSHALLAH
    My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, help me to remember that Your love is greater than my disappointment and Your plans for my life are better than my Dreams.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dms664 View Post
    @all
    Invest in a CCTV camera and motion detector spot light. I have installed these two but still read ayat ul kursi as the ultimate protector is Allah almighty.

PS I have deliberately opted for a bulky proline uk camera though small ones were also aval but the main thing is deterrence, camera should be visible to the passersby outside your home and the motion detection light kick in when someone get closer to the gate and people think as if someone is operating the light from inside the home.
    My next project is to get a motion detector and connect it with a door bell or some alarm n install it in the garage INSHALLAH
    to add make it your SOP that as most of us remain awake till late night , after regular intervals keep pressing your car alarm button like press the lock key so that car sounds out there , it will make u sure that car is there, 2ndly a potential thief will run away as if someone is coming now towards the car
    My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, help me to remember that Your love is greater than my disappointment and Your plans for my life are better than my Dreams.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

User Tag List