0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Car stolen from garage

Mod Edit: Thread moved to correct section.

Yesterday morning, my cousin's almost new gli got stolen for his own garage. The garage was properly locked and the car had steering lock and tracker installed. The thieves (3 or 4 assumptions) jumped in from garage's gate. They entered the car by breaking the rear window and chopped the steering lock then the gate lock.

At 6:30 am, the tracker company called saying that ur car is crossing Sagian Pull so they have turned off the car. In shock he checked the garage for his car then called 1 5 and motorway police. After half an hour the tracker company called saying that they have stopped receiving signals from ur car.

The thing is, my cousin's mother was awake that time but she did not hear a sound. How were the thieves able to bypass the tracker? If tracker is so easily bypassed then whats the use of tracker? One thing to note that he has two more cars (alto and cultus) with alarm systems, did thieves aim for big car or car without alarm system?

This means that how much so ever you try to protect your car with tracker, steering lock, your car is not safe, even inside your own house.

The worst part was only the 50% of the car was insured that mean he would get only 8 lacs back.

I am a bit worried because i also have the new model corolla with tracker and fully insured. I would really like if someone could give me suggestion regarding his big loss, like this type of event ever happened before and was the car recovered. Please if someone can help or give information regarding this type of event please don't hesitate. Is there any chances of his car being recovered and who should he contact?

Car description:
    Corolla GLI 2010 model, Dark silver colour.

Thanks.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^^hahahahahahahahahaha....... those r not intlgnt enuf to b trained..
    ''Peace is an unstable equilibrium,that can only be preserved by acknowledged supremacy and...equal power.'' ''We give up the fort when there is not a man left to defend it.''

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the most cheapest and usefull way to protect ur car use normal Lock which is known *** (TAAALA) the lock we uses to lock our main gaits of homes and indoor gates too... tht taala can be locked at the steering rods root point under the DasH Board near break padle by which steering cant move n itss very very tough to break frm tht point even thts a little tough to open with key too... it depends on car whether it has tht hook at steering rods root point or nt bt I got altis 2008 n have tht hook n iv seen this hook in many other cars it is a little difficult to lock car frm tht point with taala bt needs a little practice
    "Wife & car always looks good when they are shining"

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by coolwarriorisl View Post
    the most cheapest and usefull way to protect ur car use normal Lock which is known *** (TAAALA) the lock we uses to lock our main gaits of homes and indoor gates too... tht taala can be locked at the steering rods root point under the DasH Board near break padle by which steering cant move n itss very very tough to break frm tht point even thts a little tough to open with key too... it depends on car whether it has tht hook at steering rods root point or nt bt I got altis 2008 n have tht hook n iv seen this hook in many other cars it is a little difficult to lock car frm tht point with taala bt needs a little practice
    and that TAALA can be opened with a steel wire, Seen a young boy doing it in less than a min!! After that I never used the common CHINA wala TAALA..
    Das Auto, Der Golf!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

+1
    ''Peace is an unstable equilibrium,that can only be preserved by acknowledged supremacy and...equal power.'' ''We give up the fort when there is not a man left to defend it.''

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by coolwarriorisl View Post
    yaar i have a TAALA in my car, its Mehran but i can't find that hook, can u tell me exact location of that hook..? my car stands at University parking for hours without any safety..!! i have searched many times but all in vain
    *KPSIAN* *DJARIAN* *SSUETIAN*

(((I know a lot about cars. I can look at a car's headlights and tell you exactly which way it's coming.!)))

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^get outside of the car follow the steering rod(in the cabin i mean,it'l be rit infrnt of knees of driver) u'l find a joint,play with steeing wheel to increase the space btween the joint,then hook the tala there.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sulemanmirza View Post
    my car stands at University parking for hours without any safety..!! (
    what colour is your car?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nmshaikh View Post
    what colour is your car?
    red color famous by the name of PHULBERRY..
    *KPSIAN* *DJARIAN* *SSUETIAN*

(((I know a lot about cars. I can look at a car's headlights and tell you exactly which way it's coming.!)))

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sulemanmirza View Post
    red color famous by the name of PHULBERRY..
    Hmmm. red Mehran in University parking...parked for long hours, no security...

when are you going there next?

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    yes - but for installation you have a couple of choices

learn to fiddle with electricals of a car
    OR
    find someone who knows what hes doing and remove the no.plate when taking it to have it installed - dont trust anyone
    You sir are totally inside the mind of a thief
    What about those 2 way alarms ? Any jammer for them too ?
    And how exactly do these guys go about disabling alarms ? What if the alarm is set at maximum, meaning even the slightest of touch causes it to ring, then how come they disable it ? I always wonder this ..... 2 way alarm seems better as even if the car is silent, your remote rings.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    as I said - there are some type of car robbers that have tow trucks and come along bars to pull the car too, no immobiliser can stop that.

A very simple car thief detterent system Ive seen in action was an industrial type 12V relay. to cut off main power to the starter motor and also a small relay in the starter solenoid circuit - firstly the thief cannot try to hotwire it as the main cable has zero volts in it, shorting with a screwdriver wont work as the wire
    from the battery to the starter needs to be thick.

this was a BMW E36 318i Automatic - the car also had a system that blocked the crank sensor, cam sensor and fuel pump control lines individually, all this enforced that the assumptive car robber would need to spend some good time with the ECU wiring, starter lockout wiring, and transmission lockout wiring to start the car.
    Interesting.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

How about you just take the ECU with you ? I know thats what i'll be doing from now on. Going to relocate the ECU to my glove box soon.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

best way to deal with car robbers.
    step1: buy a bomb and a detonator
    step2: have it set up in the car and have the transmitter with the car keys
    step3: set it in way that if the car is more than 200meters from the car keys the bomb will go off
    step4: enjoy a good night sleep knowing that if any car thief is successful in taking your car he will die shortly

rationale: stolen cars have a near 0% chance of being recovered. Atleast with the bomb we will have the satisfaction that the robber didnt GET AWAY WITH IT.
    Trust me we only need to blow up a few cars and the rate of cars being stolen will go down to near zero
    Car stolen means it is never coming back. So i might as well blow it and make sure the thief doesnt come back as well (to steal more cars) !!

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Good idea. Except that the car will be long gone out of range before you know it (to detonate the bomb). Oh and they block GSM signals too, so yeah you're outta luck there.
    Not to mention the countless times police will stop you for carrying a BOMB.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHorn View Post
    best way to deal with car robbers.
    step1: buy a bomb and a detonator
    step2: have it set up in the car and have the transmitter with the car keys
    step3: set it in way that if the car is more than 200meters from the car keys the bomb will go off
    step4: enjoy a good night sleep knowing that if any car thief is successful in taking your car he will die shortly

rationale: stolen cars have a near 0% chance of being recovered. Atleast with the bomb we will have the satisfaction that the robber didnt GET AWAY WITH IT.
    Trust me we only need to blow up a few cars and the rate of cars being stolen will go down to near zero
    Car stolen means it is never coming back. So i might as well blow it and make sure the thief doesnt come back as well (to steal more cars) !!
    maybe not quite practical but I do like the rationale.. one car one thief...not a bad bargain...

maybe if we substituted the bomb and detonator with a cylinder of highly lethal gas which would kill or put to sleep for a really long time the would be thief we can have a win win..the thief is killed or captured and the car is recovered...maybe leave the windows open for a few weeks and then use it..you can be sure no -one would dare steal it even with the windows open.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vyrus View Post
    Good idea. Except that the car will be long gone out of range before you know it (to detonate the bomb). Oh and they block GSM signals too, so yeah you're outta luck there.
    Not to mention the countless times police will stop you for carrying a BOMB.
    no GSM stuff. Simple transmitter and receiver through radio waves. The bomb will be in the boot next to fuel tank. Robbers will most probably but blocker in dashboard as this is where tracker companies usually install their tracker. The bomb is such that it MUST receive continuous signal from the detonator. If it stops receiving signal it explodes. So even if the robber manages to block the signal as soon as he removes the blocker, the bomb will detect no transmitter signal and explode .
    The bomb I am talking about is automatic. Doesnt need our intervention. It is not a very complicated bomb. I am sure with enough determination we can find a person who can install it for us. Such bombs are used in Afghanistan and Pakistan everyday by Taliban and company.
    Trust me a few explosions and you will see how quickly these car robbers will recede. And best explosive to use is plastic explosives. They are harder to detect. A police muhafiz with a simple metal detector wont be able to detect it. By the way I have been driving for 6 years and the only time they checked for bomb was when I went this year to Ganda Singh border. And they just used some metal thing under the car. I am sure that is not an issue to evade.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHorn View Post
    no GSM stuff. Simple transmitter and receiver through radio waves. The bomb will be in the boot next to fuel tank. Robbers will most probably but blocker in dashboard as this is where tracker companies usually install their tracker. The bomb is such that it MUST receive continuous signal from the detonator. If it stops receiving signal it explodes. So even if the robber manages to block the signal as soon as he removes the blocker, the bomb will detect no transmitter signal and explode .
    The bomb I am talking about is automatic. Doesnt need our intervention. It is not a very complicated bomb. I am sure with enough determination we can find a person who can install it for us. Such bombs are used in Afghanistan and Pakistan everyday by Taliban and company.
    Trust me a few explosions and you will see how quickly these car robbers will recede. And best explosive to use is plastic explosives. They are harder to detect. A police muhafiz with a simple metal detector wont be able to detect it. By the way I have been driving for 6 years and the only time they checked for bomb was when I went this year to Ganda Singh border. And they just used some metal thing under the car. I am sure that is not an issue to evade.
    what if the thief decides to jam the signal right in your garage or car porch???? Kaaboooom..we agreed that one thief one car was not a bad bargain but one thief, one car, one bunglow, one car owner may be asking for a bit too much...

...the battery in the transmitter was a cheap Chinese one that dies un expectedly just when you were having dinner at PC and your car is in the parking lot...Kaaboooom! I have a feeling you'll have a lot of explaining to do...not to mention getting repaired or replace the cars that were parked near your car.

and who would install it for you? the guy working under an umbrella on Hall road? "Eh pha ji zara pichey pichey hona...zara tesht kar leyye..."

NEXT!

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nmshaikh View Post
    what if the thief decides to jam the signal right in your garage or car porch???? Kaaboooom..we agreed that one thief one car was not a bad bargain but one thief, one car, one bunglow, one car owner may be asking for a bit too much...

...the battery in the transmitter was a cheap Chinese one that dies un expectedly just when you were having dinner at PC and your car is in the parking lot...Kaaboooom! I have a feeling you'll have a lot of explaining to do...not to mention getting repaired or replace the cars that were parked near your car.

and who would install it for you? the guy working under an umbrella on Hall road? "Eh pha ji zara pichey pichey hona...zara tesht kar leyye..."

NEXT!
    brother ofcourse it is not available at hall road. but all i wanted to say that the task was very difficult but not impossible. i agree about bomb malfunction as it doesnt come with any warranty. and even if it did once it explodes with you i dont think it would be possible to claim the warranty
    The plan has its flaws. Which is why it is just 'WISHFUL' thinking. But someone who is really determined CAN get this kind of installation. Ofcourse 'bomb exploding at your house' is a risk he will have to take
    the whole point is that stolen cars dont come back, it would be just comforting to know that the robbers are also gone forever. In both cases you will ofcourse loose your car
    it is the same kind of wishful idea that once my cousin gave me. He said we should carry guns and then if a motorcyclist comes and robs u, you give all ur stuff away. Then when he is leaving say i recognized u. The time he takes to turn around take out ur gun and shoot at him. But I thought that unless you are trained by army as a sharp shooter or u have incredible luck, chances are your bullets wont even land 50 meters of the guy.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AsadGhumman View Post
    @AK471 bhai.... Ap ne Masoom Liana k owners ka dil dukhaya hai
    Lolz! My regrets if felt so. Was actually kind of lauding it for being almost "theft-proof", dil khush honna chahiye Liana owners ka, hahahaha!

@Waleed80...........Lolz bro! Sure altis could have some use of it, but then how would tracker/Insurance companies manage to survive, lolz!

O.K, back to the issue. kindly forget even mentioning the word of "bombs" here on an online forum and during prevailing conditions. Furthermore, collateral damage, even "self-damage" cannot be ruled out, so quit it plz!

In Europe passenger seats in cabs have electrical wiring which has a "pacifying" voltage-charge activated by the driver's pressing of a special button, probably in the steering wheel. It's enough to turn the gun-pointing passenger "off" for some minutes to get hold of the situation. Perhaps something like that, if possible by remote activation and inclusion of the driver-seat wiring would have sufficed.

Furthermore, kindly clarify one thing for me with respect to "jammers" and two-way alarms. The two-way alarm functions by radio signals, the tracker by GSM signals, or are they actually the same? In any case, I believe someone who can jam the GSM signals should easily be able to intervene with the two-way alarm's radio signals, right??

Finally, I believe the best option out there is to have a couple of motion sensors installed in the garage, covering the car from all 4 sides. Furthermore, ensure that the sensors or cameras installed operate by concealed wiring, preferably your house-wiring, and the point of connection is UPS covered. This to ensure that no "intervention" is possible with the emitted signals, so no funny radio frequency controlled sensors/motion detectors, but wired ones. Finally have the end point of the wired system connected to your nearby PC/TV and with some kind of audio alarm connected.

I'd request someone with knowledge into this to shed some light on prices/availability of such systems. 4 wired sensors, one full view covering camera should suffice I believe. Any electrical point of any of your roof lights in your garage could be used for power supply.

Regards.
    " Take your time and deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking, and go in. "

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by waleed80 View Post
    but isnt it a shame that altis dusnt even have one ??
    trust me this part of Altis literally has disappointed me enough to stop thinking about buying it...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

User Tag List