0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Car stolen from garage

Mod Edit: Thread moved to correct section.

Yesterday morning, my cousin's almost new gli got stolen for his own garage. The garage was properly locked and the car had steering lock and tracker installed. The thieves (3 or 4 assumptions) jumped in from garage's gate. They entered the car by breaking the rear window and chopped the steering lock then the gate lock.

At 6:30 am, the tracker company called saying that ur car is crossing Sagian Pull so they have turned off the car. In shock he checked the garage for his car then called 1 5 and motorway police. After half an hour the tracker company called saying that they have stopped receiving signals from ur car.

The thing is, my cousin's mother was awake that time but she did not hear a sound. How were the thieves able to bypass the tracker? If tracker is so easily bypassed then whats the use of tracker? One thing to note that he has two more cars (alto and cultus) with alarm systems, did thieves aim for big car or car without alarm system?

This means that how much so ever you try to protect your car with tracker, steering lock, your car is not safe, even inside your own house.

The worst part was only the 50% of the car was insured that mean he would get only 8 lacs back.

I am a bit worried because i also have the new model corolla with tracker and fully insured. I would really like if someone could give me suggestion regarding his big loss, like this type of event ever happened before and was the car recovered. Please if someone can help or give information regarding this type of event please don't hesitate. Is there any chances of his car being recovered and who should he contact?

Car description:
    Corolla GLI 2010 model, Dark silver colour.

Thanks.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Getafix View Post
    Yes i was but your logic makes no sense. Why would your boss fire you for carrying a steering wheel? Surely you would have a laptop bag that you could put the wheel into. No one would even know you were carrying it around.
    lol... better is that one buys a STEERING WHEEL BAG and then put a laptop in it...

And why would people throw eggs at you?
    because its easier to carry eggs than carrying STEERING WHEEL

Think about it, the thieves may be prepared for trackers etc but i doubt they would be carrying around a spare steering wheel.
    Once you start this fashion, then certainly thieves would be the first ones to reach with steering wheels in their BAGS..

No offense bro.. but the idea doesnt seem practical :s

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AK471 View Post
    Lolz! My regrets if felt so. Was actually kind of lauding it for being almost "theft-proof", dil khush honna chahiye Liana owners ka, hahahaha!

@Waleed80...........Lolz bro! Sure altis could have some use of it, but then how would tracker/Insurance companies manage to survive, lolz!

O.K, back to the issue. kindly forget even mentioning the word of "bombs" here on an online forum and during prevailing conditions. Furthermore, collateral damage, even "self-damage" cannot be ruled out, so quit it plz!

In Europe passenger seats in cabs have electrical wiring which has a "pacifying" voltage-charge activated by the driver's pressing of a special button, probably in the steering wheel. It's enough to turn the gun-pointing passenger "off" for some minutes to get hold of the situation. Perhaps something like that, if possible by remote activation and inclusion of the driver-seat wiring would have sufficed.

Furthermore, kindly clarify one thing for me with respect to "jammers" and two-way alarms. The two-way alarm functions by radio signals, the tracker by GSM signals, or are they actually the same? In any case, I believe someone who can jam the GSM signals should easily be able to intervene with the two-way alarm's radio signals, right??

Finally, I believe the best option out there is to have a couple of motion sensors installed in the garage, covering the car from all 4 sides. Furthermore, ensure that the sensors or cameras installed operate by concealed wiring, preferably your house-wiring, and the point of connection is UPS covered. This to ensure that no "intervention" is possible with the emitted signals, so no funny radio frequency controlled sensors/motion detectors, but wired ones. Finally have the end point of the wired system connected to your nearby PC/TV and with some kind of audio alarm connected.

I'd request someone with knowledge into this to shed some light on prices/availability of such systems. 4 wired sensors, one full view covering camera should suffice I believe. Any electrical point of any of your roof lights in your garage could be used for power supply.

Regards.

no need to install sensors ... get cheap IP cameras (one or two) ... connect them with a computer. install ZoneMinder on the PC (Linux).. make sure cameras and computer is on UPS.

ZoneMinder is a state of the art surveillance system, you can select the areas using your cam for which it will detect motion and on motion detection you can configure it to raise alarms. and ignite other triggers like ... start recording as soon as motion is detected. and much more.

ZoneMinder website. ZoneMinder - ZoneMinder: Linux Home CCTV and Video Camera Security with Motion Detection

This setup PC + 2 camera would cost you around 20K+10K = 30K

a single camera will cost you around 5K roughly. and i guess for a garaj a single camera is more than engough

for simplest alarm you can buy a cheap nokia phone (3k) and connect it with PC via data cable for SMS alarm integration.

ZoneMinder also supports X.10 (home automation protocol) integration, allowing X.10 signals to control when video is captured and for motion detection to trigger X.10 devices.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well well.... The simplest & the cheapest & the most reliable options is "Design your own simple but tricky security features for your car.". For example an electronic or manual switch for the fuel pump to be hidden somewhere in the trunk (definitely location not known to even ur electrician as well..at-least you should do something with your own hands too) .... I bet thieves can't easily catch ur mind because I believe every mind is unique in this world & as per scientists, 9/10th of every mind is unused at the end of story.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nmshaikh View Post
    Hmmm. red Mehran in University parking...parked for long hours, no security...

when are you going there next?
    I hope you living in MISsISIPPI and not gonna come to steal the red Mehran all the way from missisippi
    Allah bachaee Har Nazaar Behaya hai!!!!!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well. This is really sad that car stealing business is growing day by day. Only Pakistan is not sole victim of such thing it happens in other countries as well. But unfortunatly there is no chance of recovery in Pakistan.

In my view point. There is no way you can stop car stealing and snatching. No matter what you do. Security system, China lock, Immobilizer, Car tracking and so on.
    No offence but I am really upset by reading such comments like, Taking off steering wheels, taking ECU with you, inflating 4 tyres... Grow up guys.
    There is nothing we can do, Just pray " K Allah humari hifazat farmay" or Government should take steps by breaking their chain. Law enforcing agencies should be held responsible if car is stolen from their area. Every Govt knows where stolen cars are, but they are reluctant to take any initiative becuase of involvement of big guns in this business.
    I lost my corolla in 2010 when it was parked near Wapda Town round about no chance of recovery so far.
    My uncle's Car was snatched on gun point on main road Allama Iqbal Town Lhr.
    My friends' car was stolen from his garage. Recovered but without CNG and other stuff. After one year he lost his wife's mehran. Which is not yet recovered.

By profession I am a lawyer and I am legal advisor of a TRACKING company. Now they clearly mention on their contract that if tracker would be jammed by jammer they would not be held responsible. So this security is just for those who are new in car lifting business and can not afford to have jammer.

7. 14-09-2011, 02:23 PM

Site Banned

Reason
    Spam

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Inna Lillahay Wa Inna Ilehay Rajion.
    Please report through https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/veh...s-now-sms-away.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by towaseem View Post
    Well. This is really sad that car stealing business is growing day by day. Only Pakistan is not sole victim of such thing it happens in other countries as well. But unfortunatly there is no chance of recovery in Pakistan.

In my view point. There is no way you can stop car stealing and snatching. No matter what you do. Security system, China lock, Immobilizer, Car tracking and so on.
    No offence but I am really upset by reading such comments like, Taking off steering wheels, taking ECU with you, inflating 4 tyres... Grow up guys.
    There is nothing we can do, Just pray " K Allah humari hifazat farmay" or Government should take steps by breaking their chain. Law enforcing agencies should be held responsible if car is stolen from their area. Every Govt knows where stolen cars are, but they are reluctant to take any initiative becuase of involvement of big guns in this business.
    I lost my corolla in 2010 when it was parked near Wapda Town round about no chance of recovery so far.
    My friends' car was stolen from his garage. Recovered but without CNG and other stuff. After one year he lost his wife's mehran. Which is not yet recovered.

By profession I am a lawyer and I am legal advisor of a TRACKING company. Now they clearly mention on their contract that if tracker would be jammed by jammer they would not be held responsible. So this security is just for those who are new in car lifting business and can not afford to have jammer.
    Wow! THIS mindset has caused this country to fail. We all just leave everything on 'Allah' hoping for the best and what do we do ? Just sit back and relax. And when we lose, we rant it all on the government. Losers we are.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Control your emotions young man. towaseem is not wrong in blaming the government. let me tell you that in addition to water and electricity, it is supposed to provide good education, health, security, jobs, justice, tranquility, defense, welfare, and liberty to name a few in my mind right now.

Even in Pakistan, i think it was General Ayub Khan in whose time there were very little thefts, if at all in the country because he had strictly maintained that those policemen responsible for their areas would be grilled if anything goes amiss. M not sure about the name, so please refrain from firing army/anti army stances. But there was one such ruler here.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default @dms664

Brother U can use your ordinary webcam or a wifi/wireless cam with a lot many softwares developed for Security purposes which take snaps/sound alarms through your PCs and its speaker once motion is detected in your described area.
    Google It you would find easy solutions.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Mordor View Post
    nothing can stop them. What i do to secure my gli is that i park my old car behind it. Otherwise there is nothing you can do to stop them. They come prepared and are experts.
    A chppar hotel owner at Islamabad told me that his cousins have parked two cars at garage in their house in I-9 ISB, one was new XLI and the other was Old Margalla, they used the same trick as you suggested but failed, the thieves still stolen the XLI and parked back the margalla and also pasted a note on the old car that we don't like this one.

nothing impossible for them.

Allah hum sab ko apny hifz-o-Amaan mein rakhey,
    현대 애인

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bilal_masood91 View Post
    I hope you living in MISsISIPPI and not gonna come to steal the red Mehran all the way from missisippi
    The city is Mississauga which is just outside Toronto in Canada...and NO I am not coming all the way to steal your car bro. May Allah keep you safe and protect your property.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The city is Mississauga which is just outside Toronto in Canada...and NO I am not coming all the way to steal your car bro. May Allah keep you safe and protect your property.

Ooh my appologies i thought it was Mississipi i just had aglance on your location
    Allah bachaee Har Nazaar Behaya hai!!!!!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vyrus View Post
    Wow! THIS mindset has caused this country to fail. We all just leave everything on 'Allah' hoping for the best and what do we do ? Just sit back and relax. And when we lose, we rant it all on the government. Losers we are.
    I can relate to your frustration however we need to draw a line. You drive a car and abide by the traffic rules, you keep the tires and other parts of the car in good serviceable condition, you lock your car when you park it, you keep all valuables out of sight when leaving the car for any length of time..these are your responsibilities. If you leave a laptop on the back seat or an Ipod in the console of the car and someone breaks the window to steal it ..you are partially to be blamed.

The other scenario is when you pay extra to get a tracker installed, lock your gate, put a few other gadgets in your car to keep it safe..yet the goons enter your premises without any fear and steal your property without any fear then you have to lay some blame on the government too which has the basic duty to protect you, your family and your property. What is to keep the bad guys from (God forbid) barging in and abducting my son or my wife? What is the role of the government here? Clearly the government has failed in providing security to its citizens and is to be blamed. Now with a clear head without any emotions answer this.."Do you honestly believe that the gangs that steal the cars operate without any assistance from the authorities?" Do you think that a car can cross all the check points without a trace and disappear into thin air?
    There is collusion and not just at the sipahi level but at higher levels. The people who protect the gangs are high ups in the government and politicians. The rot is deep.
    We turn to Allah when all else fails (some even before all fails but most as a last resort) However, Allah helps those who help themselves. ..and helping yourself is NOT installing a more sophisticated device in your car..it is demanding that the people you vote for ensure that your life and property is safe and protected. Helping yourself is NOT by installing a home made gen set that runs on the kitchen Sui gas connection..it is demanding from your government the un interrupted power supply (yes there is another angle to it about your duty to not pay the line man and steal power) Helping yourself is NOT digging a deeper tube well or installing a bigger turbine to pump water. The city that you live in and pay the property tax to is responsible for providing this basic necessity (again, yes it is our individual responsibility not to waste water but the provision remains the responsibility of the government and your right)
    The bottom line is that we should correct ourselves, do our bit first and then refrain from pussyfooting around issues. DEMAND and FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS..that is the only way you get them.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by towaseem View Post

If you were in Karachi when I had some real beef with Trakker you would have known how simple the so called trakker is - their lawyers etc, were speaking out of their behinds, because me without taking a moments notice could figure out what was missing from the equation to energize the ECU and start the car, EVEN MORE simple was a carburettor or old diesel car - the units installed are always behind the gauges now, - very easy to access and the relays that they use are bunched in a box.

But the real simple point was that I could reroute the required input to the ECU - it shouldnt be as simple. - Their lawyers, retd army personell had come down literally to cheap threats.. lol

How can a law office defend such childish approaches to car security. And to top the cake is a cheap jammer - I was in the RF business for quite a long time and it does not take a scientist to come up with interrupting any RF signal specially if its below S band frequency.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I can relate to your frustration however we need to draw a line. You drive a car and abide by the traffic rules, you keep the tires and other parts of the car in good serviceable condition, you lock your car when you park it, you keep all valuables out of sight when leaving the car for any length of time..these are your responsibilities. If you leave a laptop on the back seat or an Ipod in the console of the car and someone breaks the window to steal it ..you are partially to be blamed.

The other scenario is when you pay extra to get a tracker installed, lock your gate, put a few other gadgets in your car to keep it safe..yet the goons enter your premises without any fear and steal your property without any fear then you have to lay some blame on the government too which has the basic duty to protect you, your family and your property. What is to keep the bad guys from (God forbid) barging in and abducting my son or my wife? What is the role of the government here? Clearly the government has failed in providing security to its citizens and is to be blamed. Now with a clear head without any emotions answer this.."Do you honestly believe that the gangs that steal the cars operate without any assistance from the authorities?" Do you think that a car can cross all the check points without a trace and disappear into thin air?
    There is collusion and not just at the sipahi level but at higher levels. The people who protect the gangs are high ups in the government and politicians. The rot is deep.
    We turn to Allah when all else fails (some even before all fails but most as a last resort) However, Allah helps those who help themselves. ..and helping yourself is NOT installing a more sophisticated device in your car..it is demanding that the people you vote for ensure that your life and property is safe and protected. Helping yourself is NOT by installing a home made gen set that runs on the kitchen Sui gas connection..it is demanding from your government the un interrupted power supply (yes there is another angle to it about your duty to not pay the line man and steal power) Helping yourself is NOT digging a deeper tube well or installing a bigger turbine to pump water. The city that you live in and pay the property tax to is responsible for providing this basic necessity (again, yes it is our individual responsibility not to waste water but the provision remains the responsibility of the government and your right)
    The bottom line is that we should correct ourselves, do our bit first and then refrain from pussyfooting around issues. DEMAND and FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS..that is the only way you get them.
    nice - when are you running for office? - I can just see it now, VW nut takes control of office.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AsadGhumman View Post
    Well well.... The simplest & the cheapest & the most reliable options is "Design your own simple but tricky security features for your car.". For example an electronic or manual switch for the fuel pump to be hidden somewhere in the trunk (definitely location not known to even ur electrician as well..at-least you should do something with your own hands too) .... I bet thieves can't easily catch ur mind because I believe every mind is unique in this world & as per scientists, 9/10th of every mind is unused at the end of story.
    these type of items are good - but as usual we will contact electrician ustaad to place it under the steering wheel combo assy and have him nitto tape everything so that we can detect just by looking where it is.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    nice - when are you running for office? - I can just see it now, VW nut takes control of office.
    hahaha...honestly my country folk are real simpletons...can you imagine customers in the US or Canada paying the kind of price they pay for an Altis in Pakistan when it is so prone to theft? paying top dollar for the same old model of Toyota for almost 10 years? watching Zardari get his medical check up done in London by a group of physicians..two of whom were flown in from the US when a common man cannot find medicine for dengue fever,,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the north american folks would run toyota on a rail covered in tar and feathers for such a vehicle.

anyway- Zardari (aka zabardastari) for me is a nincompoop and whoever put a vote for him is a nincompoop. So him going to London for a medical check up by the great Ibn-Sina himself does not amuse me, Whatever you can conjure up as assinine in your imagination, Zardari can beat that.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    the north american folks would run toyota on a rail covered in tar and feathers for such a vehicle.

anyway- Zardari (aka zabardastari) for me is a nincompoop and whoever put a vote for him is a nincompoop. So him going to London for a medical check up by the great Ibn-Sina himself does not amuse me, Whatever you can conjure up as assinine in your imagination, Zardari can beat that.
    they pay Indus motors in advance to book the car and then wait...I don't know the exact current situation but it used to be that the advance did not earn any interest or priority..priority still was given to people who either had a sifarish or paid 'premium' over and above the already unreasonably inflated price..all for a car that could be stolen with a folder paper clip... If only people would boycott the purchase of corollas till Indus motors / Toyota provided the same kind of features as in north america or elsewhere it would bring them to their knees ...but we vote to bring the nincompoops in power and then hire private security guards to protect our property while the people we bring to power travel in 20 car cavalcades...a common man pays 0.6 million or more in duty to import a used Vitz (Echo) while the elected import a Hummer limo in the garb of a 'BUS'!!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

[QUOTE=Xulfiqar; (How can a law office defend such childish approaches to car security. )/QUOTE]

Xulifqar. NO offence but it seems your understanding is really poor,
    Firstly, I was not defending anyone I was trying to let people know that tracker is no more a security for your car.
    Secondly, If this is a cheap thread than you are also part of this. Just for your kind information this thread is for every member no matter what is his profession and its about sharing your experiences and finding solution. So plz dont get things personal, If you have something good to share then this is a place for you..

@ vyrus. regarding mind set. nmshaikh has explained what I wanted to say.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

User Tag List