0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Car stolen from garage

Mod Edit: Thread moved to correct section.

Yesterday morning, my cousin's almost new gli got stolen for his own garage. The garage was properly locked and the car had steering lock and tracker installed. The thieves (3 or 4 assumptions) jumped in from garage's gate. They entered the car by breaking the rear window and chopped the steering lock then the gate lock.

At 6:30 am, the tracker company called saying that ur car is crossing Sagian Pull so they have turned off the car. In shock he checked the garage for his car then called 1 5 and motorway police. After half an hour the tracker company called saying that they have stopped receiving signals from ur car.

The thing is, my cousin's mother was awake that time but she did not hear a sound. How were the thieves able to bypass the tracker? If tracker is so easily bypassed then whats the use of tracker? One thing to note that he has two more cars (alto and cultus) with alarm systems, did thieves aim for big car or car without alarm system?

This means that how much so ever you try to protect your car with tracker, steering lock, your car is not safe, even inside your own house.

The worst part was only the 50% of the car was insured that mean he would get only 8 lacs back.

I am a bit worried because i also have the new model corolla with tracker and fully insured. I would really like if someone could give me suggestion regarding his big loss, like this type of event ever happened before and was the car recovered. Please if someone can help or give information regarding this type of event please don't hesitate. Is there any chances of his car being recovered and who should he contact?

Car description:
    Corolla GLI 2010 model, Dark silver colour.

Thanks.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by haseeb114 View Post
    Lahore is getting packed by trained robbers ... they are now attacking homes and robbing them ... on 16th ramadan . my home got robbed ... and what they did was jumped the gate ... break front wood door by a single hit and thats it ... worse part it was 3:30 pm and my home is located in front of park, mosque and market ... every thing was locked i was resting ... still they had audacity to break in.
    You dont have any wpn with u at home?
    My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, help me to remember that Your love is greater than my disappointment and Your plans for my life are better than my Dreams.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by haseeb114 View Post
    only solution i have now is to install anesthesia spray system in car and homes ... instead of stooping the car ... knock these B***hes out by turning on the spray , same at home .... just hold your breath and trigger the spray ...

seriously im gonna make this system... wireless controls are available .. just need to modify them...
    That seams a worthy Idea... Hope you conclude the project & also I pray the spray does not automatically triggers due to some short circuit while you are driving.... just a critical analyses.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

what if thiefs come equipped with chemical warfare surrvival kit

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by memad View Post
    what if thiefs come equipped with chemical warfare surrvival kit
    lol,We are talkign about the thieves not the terrorists,ahahahah
    Allah bachaee Har Nazaar Behaya hai!!!!!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    93 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by car_crazy View Post
    Well, When I was in Pakistan 4 months back , I was working in the field of Remote Monitoring.

Let me tell you guys one interesting fact that almost every tracking company is using the same devices ( I will refrain from mentioning the Manufacturer) .

So , every one is almost on same platform as far as technology is concerned ( Even CTRACK) ,the difference lies in the Customer Support and the Recovery Department.

Now , The AntiJammer technology which is mentioned here in some of the posts, What is does is it stops the vehicle when it senses that GSM Signal is being Jammed. But that is also not 100% sucessful and it is in early development phases ( Right Now even the circuits are hand made in Pakistan) .
    couple that with the extremely simple technique they use to kill supply to the ecu in newer cars (ECU resetting itself after each shutdown is a pain too)
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

No matter what you install - Cars will still get stolen until unless the bigger thieves are captured/Stopped - Rest...Its all self satisfaction.

The best thing to do is to hang and recite Ayat-ul-Kursi everytime you drive and park your car.

If anyone has seen those huge lots with hundreds of stolen cars would know how powerful this mafia is.

Stay safe -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    couple that with the extremely simple technique they use to kill supply to the ecu in newer cars (ECU resetting itself after each shutdown is a pain too)
    Yes, It consist of a simple 1-Digital Output which is used to cut the supply..
    Fahad!!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i also saw the report on GEO FIR about the cars which are stolen adn than the thieves asks for almost ther half of the price of the car and than delivers the car.Same as it is mentioned in this thread.I think the govt needs to take some serious measues,but i guess we shoudl eb fedup b this sentence,"GOVT SHOULD TAKE MEASURES"because now its time we should do something,because govt has no interests in all of this work and yes i am have no trust on this govt.i may vote for Musahraf or for Imran khan.
    Allah bachaee Har Nazaar Behaya hai!!!!!!!

10. 27-09-2011, 03:57 PM

Site Banned

Reason
    Spam

11. 27-09-2011, 05:41 PM

Site Banned

12. 27-09-2011, 06:24 PM

Site Banned

Reason
    Spam

13. 27-09-2011, 08:23 PM

Site Banned

Reason
    Spam

14. 27-09-2011, 10:52 PM

Site Banned

15. 28-09-2011, 11:42 AM

Site Banned

Reason
    spam

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Stop buying corolla

Sent from my HTC ChaCha A810e using Tapatalk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by car_crazy View Post
    Yes, It consist of a simple 1-Digital Output which is used to cut the supply..
    What is the method employed in case of legendary Mehran and Alto??

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Brother, tracker is only a toy and in fact all these security systems are toys. I don’t understand why people ask companies to install these trackers inside their cars once you can buy them locally and keep the entire control with yourself. Point is that they are useless once it comes to theft but once you want to know where your family is within town or while they are shopping then it’s a very useful device. Like I have tracker installed in all my three cars. My mother teaches so I always know where she is and It gives me a peace of mind once I know she is safe or on her way back home.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

any bright ideas so far ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vyrus View Post
    any bright ideas so far ?
    don't leave your car unattended if possible. look for private car parking while you are shopping. install security cameras with motion detection at home. Install a chor switch, and vote for someone else in next elections.
    현대 애인

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

at home the cars 'safer' than outside. The main problem is how to be at peace of mind if the cars left unattended for a while anywhere. I think taking out the ecu is the best option IMHO lol. But wouldn't that reset the ecu everytime ? would definitely eff up the mileage ><

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

too bad yar. my cousin also lost his brand new 2.0d saloon from his house same time in morning . ALLAH sab keh mal o jan ki hafazat farmaye.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It's really sad, it is very common as well especially with corolla. Honestly speaking I'm afraid of buying corolla myself, due to its fear of being stolen. We all take lot of pain to secure our vehicles, purchase expensive security systems, tracking systems and get our vehicles insured but even then bear the loss at the end.

But what do car manufacturers do for us? They mint money. They jointly with the help of their dealers' network, charge us hundred of thousand rupees above the price of car. Look at the quality they give us, compare it with models they offer in other countries. I don't want to be specific in naming the car manufacturers, we all know them very well.

Coming back to Corolla, it does not even come with secure coded key like Honda city and Suzuki swift without which it cannot be started, . (plz correct me if i'm wrong)

We also know the brake problems in corolla's earlier models, which they sold to us for years and we bought them risking not only our lives but also the lives of our family members. I request all of you to look into the innocent faces of your childern and imagine if (God forbid) they are injured in an accident or something serious happens to them, in order to sense what I mean. But your car manufactures never bothered. Did they ever callback their defective cars, as they do in rest of the world? I'm sorry to say but we are nothing more than a piece of **** for them.

Friends we will have to find solution for ourselves because its our problem. And for this we'll have to be united. I don't wan't you to be on street. All I want is to be united and teach these "buggers" a lesson. If we make a decision collectively and stand by it, it will bring them on their knees in no time. If we boycott a specific brand, even for a few months, you will see how quick they improve their product quality and offer security features in their vehicles. I also request you to use this PakWheels forum more productively in the best interest of ourselves and our families.

God bless you all.
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Oh well.. very true but who cares..people are buying and they don't bother.They have money to buy these expensive corollas.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kolors_3 View Post
    It's really sad, it is very common as well especially with corolla. Honestly speaking I'm afraid of buying corolla myself, due to its fear of being stolen. We all take lot of pain to secure our vehicles, purchase expensive security systems, tracking systems and get our vehicles insured but even then bear the loss at the end.

But what do car manufacturers do for us? They mint money. They jointly with the help of their dealers' network, charge us hundred of thousand rupees above the price of car. Look at the quality they give us, compare it with models they offer in other countries. I don't want to be specific in naming the car manufacturers, we all know them very well.

Coming back to Corolla, it does not even come with secure coded key like Honda city and Suzuki swift without which it cannot be started, . (plz correct me if i'm wrong)

We also know the brake problems in corolla's earlier models, which they sold to us for years and we bought them risking not only our lives but also the lives of our family members. I request all of you to look into the innocent faces of your childern and imagine if (God forbid) they are injured in an accident or something serious happens to them, in order to sense what I mean. But your car manufactures never bothered. Did they ever callback their defective cars, as they do in rest of the world? I'm sorry to say but we are nothing more than a piece of **** for them.

Friends we will have to find solution for ourselves because its our problem. And for this we'll have to be united. I don't wan't you to be on street. All I want is to be united and teach these "buggers" a lesson. If we make a decision collectively and stand by it, it will bring them on their knees in no time. If we boycott a specific brand, even for a few months, you will see how quick they improve their product quality and offer security features in their vehicles. I also request you to use this PakWheels forum more productively in the best interest of ourselves and our families.

God bless you all.
    Very very well said man... Trust me... I had my certain intentions to buy corolla but only because it lacks basic security features like the key you mentioned in your post, I changed my plan and got the civic whose model is about to be changed in a couple of months... But I'm very satisfied with my decision alhamdulilah... At least I've made an attempt to condemn product of Indus by leaving their car and choosing to go for other brand... Just because it lacked basic safety and security features...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    93 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by memad View Post
    What is the method employed in case of legendary Mehran and Alto??
    they cut the low voltage pulse from the distributor to the coil, For an average person like me, I would yawn, pull out 2 wires with wire taps on each end, clip the taps from the dissy to the coil - and start the car.

Opening the bonnet is dead easy, you take a very sharp hardened tool and cut the extra bonnet lock with is a motor in the fender somewhere and a cable leading to the lock. cut that cable and open the bonnet as you would.

I dont know if some tracking companies would read this - but if they do - its a giant mirror in their face. Their system is easier than stealing candy from a kid.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

LoL well said stealing the candy.

Xulfiqar pl correct me, I believe the current flows from coil to dissy and there is no feedback from distributor to coil.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

User Tag List