0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Car stolen from garage

Mod Edit: Thread moved to correct section.

Yesterday morning, my cousin's almost new gli got stolen for his own garage. The garage was properly locked and the car had steering lock and tracker installed. The thieves (3 or 4 assumptions) jumped in from garage's gate. They entered the car by breaking the rear window and chopped the steering lock then the gate lock.

At 6:30 am, the tracker company called saying that ur car is crossing Sagian Pull so they have turned off the car. In shock he checked the garage for his car then called 1 5 and motorway police. After half an hour the tracker company called saying that they have stopped receiving signals from ur car.

The thing is, my cousin's mother was awake that time but she did not hear a sound. How were the thieves able to bypass the tracker? If tracker is so easily bypassed then whats the use of tracker? One thing to note that he has two more cars (alto and cultus) with alarm systems, did thieves aim for big car or car without alarm system?

This means that how much so ever you try to protect your car with tracker, steering lock, your car is not safe, even inside your own house.

The worst part was only the 50% of the car was insured that mean he would get only 8 lacs back.

I am a bit worried because i also have the new model corolla with tracker and fully insured. I would really like if someone could give me suggestion regarding his big loss, like this type of event ever happened before and was the car recovered. Please if someone can help or give information regarding this type of event please don't hesitate. Is there any chances of his car being recovered and who should he contact?

Car description:
    Corolla GLI 2010 model, Dark silver colour.

Thanks.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Boycott purchase of cars that are so easy to steal. The technology to make them harder to steal exists..just that the manufacturer needs to be pushed to provide it...Remember Indus motors is not doing you a favour by selling you these cars..YOU are doing them a favour by buying their product and keeping them in business.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

is there any chance one can import an immobilizer or any kind of security system from abroad and then get it installed here by some expert (the installation part is kinda tricky in pakistan).

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^î fink sooo...
    ''Peace is an unstable equilibrium,that can only be preserved by acknowledged supremacy and...equal power.'' ''We give up the fort when there is not a man left to defend it.''

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nmshaikh View Post
    your car may remain safe but you'll be very un-popular with your neighbours..
    sir g popularity among neighbours will not pay in an unfortunate event of car theft (Godforbid)
    My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, help me to remember that Your love is greater than my disappointment and Your plans for my life are better than my Dreams.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by waleed80 View Post
    is there any chance one can import an immobilizer or any kind of security system from abroad and then get it installed here by some expert (the installation part is kinda tricky in pakistan).

yes - but for installation you have a couple of choices

learn to fiddle with electricals of a car
    OR
    find someone who knows what hes doing and remove the no.plate when taking it to have it installed - dont trust anyone
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MKArsalan View Post
    Yesterday morning, my cousin's almost new gli got stolen for his own garage. The garage was properly locked and the car had steering lock and tracker installed. The thieves (3 or 4 assumptions) jumped in from garage's gate. They entered the car by breaking the rear window and chopped the steering lock then the gate lock.

At 6:30 am, the tracker company called saying that ur car is crossing Sagian Pull so they have turned off the car. In shock he checked the garage for his car then called 1 5 and motorway police. After half an hour the tracker company called saying that they have stopped receiving signals from ur car.

The thing is, my cousin's mother was awake that time but she did not hear a sound. How were the thieves able to bypass the tracker? If tracker is so easily bypassed then whats the use of tracker? One thing to note that he has two more cars (alto and cultus) with alarm systems, did thieves aim for big car or car without alarm system?

This means that how much so ever you try to protect your car with tracker, steering lock, your car is not safe, even inside your own house.

The worst part was only the 50% of the car was insured that mean he would get only 8 lacs back.

I am a bit worried because i also have the new model corolla with tracker and fully insured. I would really like if someone could give me suggestion regarding his big loss, like this type of event ever happened before and was the car recovered. Please if someone can help or give information regarding this type of event please don't hesitate. Is there any chances of his car being recovered and who should he contact?

Car description:
    Corolla GLI 2010 model, Dark silver colour.

Thanks.
    sir first of all, my sincerest sympathy at the loss. secondly, we cannot claim anything to be foolproof. since times immemorial, crime and law have been trying to better each other. so what seems fool-proof today may not be so tomorrow. all we can do is take the best measures available and then trust the rest to God. the "what's the use of tracker" etc is relative. after all, the more devices one uses (electrical or mechanical), the better in pecentage are the chances of surviving theft attempts. it's a matter of where one succumbs.

best of luck with the recovery/remuneration.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    yes - but for installation you have a couple of choices

learn to fiddle with electricals of a car
    OR
    find someone who knows what hes doing and remove the no.plate when taking it to have it installed - dont trust anyone
    Such a great piece of advice about removing number plate prior to taking car to someone for its fittings... Hats off to you bro...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

how they bypass the common Security alarm>? I mean car sounds when touched right>> and I believe it must at least take 15-20 sec to remove power cable?grip etc?? the n how come this common security system fails esp if a car is stolen from house?
    Das Auto, Der Golf!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Make a GSM based tracker at home for less than Rs. 1000

right! so we all invest in expensive trackers....i mean...even the cheapest GSM based tracker is for around 15000 (I think)....and still thee thieves can disable it if they know there is a tracker in the car....

so here is a simple way to make a tracker for your car at home......ist cheap ....and you can track your car easily + also listen to whatever is happening in your car....
    1: Get an old nokia phone...less than 1000 for a cheap one...
    2: Get ufone sim card....
    3: switch the phone on and hide the phone somewhere in your car....(connect it to charger etc. )
    4: enable "ufone utrack" service...remember the service thay have where you can send a txt to any ufone number and if the number replies...you can trace its location....so basically...enable that...
    5: worst case scenario....if you need to trace it....go to your phoen service provider and give them phone details...they can trace it for you...

if you are in UK .. you can use the website like..
    MobileLocate: 30 Day Free Trial - mobile phone tracking, track mobile, mobile tracking, trace mobile, tracking, minor planet, trace mobile, phone trace, mobile phone trace, mobile phone location, locate mobile, mobile phone locator, track mobile phon
    to locate your phone/car...but in Pakistan...the map thingy isnt available...

o and now how to listen to whats happening in your car
    1: enable auto reply in the hidden car phone
    2: configure phone to only reply the call from your own phone...
    3: whenever you need to listen...call and listen

thought should share the good old method of tracking ........ of course its not the solution to posters question....but still!!! ONLY YOU would know where the Phone is hidden..... not unless the thieve uses mobile phoen jammer...your phone/car can be tracked!!

REFERENCE : noorabdullah's post above!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

another solution can be...........

get a cheap CD player....
    hide it somewhere in your car....
    put your car CD player volume to FULL........ put a CD in it that has "CHOOR CHOOR CHOOR CHOOR" recorded.............
    have a button that only you know to switch on/off the CD player....
    whenever you park the car ...switch the button on....

now...whenever the thieve will try to start your car....atleast for good 1-2 minute he will be confused where this noise is coming!!!!!!!!!!!

its based on the same principle as personal alarm that people keep with them in europe and it only emits loud noise to attract attention...

and obviusly this follows the KISS (Keep it Simple Stupid) principle....solution to most of the problems lie in simple things that noone thinks!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    right! so we all invest in expensive trackers....i mean...even the cheapest GSM based tracker is for around 15000 (I think)....and still thee thieves can disable it if they know there is a tracker in the car....

so here is a simple way to make a tracker for your car at home......ist cheap ....and you can track your car easily + also listen to whatever is happening in your car....
    3: switch the phone on and hide the phone somewhere in your car....(connect it to charger etc. )
    4: enable "ufone utrack" service...remember the service thay have where you can send a txt to any ufone number and if the number replies...you can trace its location....so basically...enable that...
    5: worst case scenario....if you need to trace it....go to your phoen service provider and give them phone details...they can trace it for you...

MobileLocate: 30 Day Free Trial - mobile phone tracking, track mobile, mobile tracking, trace mobile, tracking, minor planet, trace mobile, phone trace, mobile phone trace, mobile phone location, locate mobile, mobile phone locator, track mobile phon

thought should share the good old method of tracking ........ of course its not the solution to posters question....but still!!! ONLY YOU would know where the Phone is hidden..... not unless the thieve uses mobile phoen jammer...your phone/car can be tracked!!
    Nice idea.. I appreciate.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post

It was my idea, see previous posts atleast in this forum. Atleast one acknoledges or qoutes. NOT FAIR

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by noorabdullah View Post
    It was my idea, see previous posts atleast in this forum. Atleast one acknoledges or qoutes. NOT FAIR
    noorabdullah.....i am sorry...........i didnt read it properly before posting this message....
    lemme edit above and give reference to your post!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bluespark View Post
    how they bypass the common Security alarm>? I mean car sounds when touched right>> and I believe it must at least take 15-20 sec to remove power cable?grip etc?? the n how come this common security system fails esp if a car is stolen from house?
    His gli did not have the alarm system, the other two cars did. He thought while installing this, it would mess up whole the wiring. I wish he had installed it.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^ bro here trackers are failing. what a common security system would do?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

+1
    ''Peace is an unstable equilibrium,that can only be preserved by acknowledged supremacy and...equal power.'' ''We give up the fort when there is not a man left to defend it.''

18. 11-09-2011, 08:57 PM

Site Banned

Reason
    spam

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am going in for a German SHephard Dog from where i can get one?in KHI.ANy suggestion.
    Allah bachaee Har Nazaar Behaya hai!!!!!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by noorabdullah View Post
    More advanced system would be feeding the speaker signal to a relay which shuts off the engine. comments please.
    Please elaborate the ideas....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tariqzaidi View Post
    Punjabi main kehtay hain " KUTTI CCHORAN NAAL RAL GAYEE AYE". It applies every where in Pakistan. The company which introduces an anti-theft technology gets involve in steeling due to some of its employees who know the trick of the trade. For example, tracker technology got failed due to some of the people who know how to make it ineffective. Now a days no moral values or Patriotism is left. No loyality to your firm or your oath with that firm to keep its secrets is left. Best examples are Politicians, Generals and Beurocates.Rudeness of a child is called as Confidence, if a child is telling a lie to an elder, it is declared as Smartness etc etc. So we should expect these kind of crimes even more in future. Its becoming a spoiled nation.
    Perfect words depicting the current situation prevailing everywhere around us.....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bilal_masood91 View Post
    I am going in for a German SHephard Dog from where i can get one?in KHI.ANy suggestion.
    they easily poison the dog or give him drugs mixed in some food.....
    my cousion had a pair of GSDs and the theifs gave them such drugs that when my cousion came back after 3 hours (( meanwhile the roberry was done and he suffered a big loss, no one was in the housee)) the dogs were still unconcious and they woke up an hour later.....still thy didnt barked for about 4 days....dont know what the thiefs did to them.....

btw get a pair of dobermans or rottewilers instead of GSD.......
    The way a man keeps his car ,,,is the way he keeps himself...................

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

User Tag List