0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Cheaters at petrol pumps..

Salam guys... I wanted to share an experience with you guys... that happened to me at a petrol pump.

My ride was really low on fuel so I went towards the nearest petrol pump I could find. It was a Shell pump located on Dalmia Road, Karachi. As I entered, I noticed that all the staff was free and there was no other car although it was rush time of Saturday night. Odd it was. As i entered I was greeted and directed warmly by the staff. When I stopped, one of them rushed his head through the window into my car. Having just Rs.900 in my pocket, I told him to fill so much. With no delay, he extended his arm towards me to grab the money. Feeling awkward a bit, I handed it over to him. The other guy showed me the meter as they usually do, and then the petrol started to pump in.

"So is it diesel that you have applied to the dashboard?", the guy in the window asked.
    "No its just some polish."
    Then he continued, "Why didn't you come on your motor bike today?" and*I was like.. "I haven't even come here before, you must have misjudged me."*

It was then when the meter stopped, the reading was exact Rs.301. He stated that the meter has tripped and it will take a minute to get it running again. At this instant, I felt like dejavu. Or had it really happened to me before? I could recall something similar that happened to me at another pump station some time ago, when I felt like I had been tricked. So I started to pay extra attention to the meter. The meter resumed from the same reading when the pump started again.

"Should I make you a bill?"
    "Do you have Shell card?"
    "Do you you don't have to give cash when using Shell card?" The guy at the window tried to engage my attention. Ignoring everything, I kept looking at the meter.

The meter stopped again on Rs.600. "What now?" I asked.
    "Nothing. You are good to go." was the reply.
    "Wait, what? You haven't filled up to 900!".
    "Well, we filled 300 before and 600 now, didn't you see the meter started from zero again?".
    And I straight away realized these guys were nothing but a bunch of cheaters - it did not start from zero. Incensed, I started to argue them. Not wanting to gather crowd around them, one of them just lifted up the nozzle again and quickly filled up another Rs.300 resolving the issue within few moments. This further made it certain that they were trying to bluff!

This little experience made me dispirited and I really didn't want to write on it, but then, this might spread some awareness and help others protect themselves against the false people. Where are we heading towards.. Is this a muslim country?

Bluffers at petrol pumps..

http://www.pak-photographers.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

has anyone ever had >50L of petrol (worth 5002 rs.) pumped into a tank already containing around 10-12L reserve fuel, considering the capacity of the fuel tank is 50L? Yes, I was very surprised that day, my whole trip money spent on petrol only. The fuel station was Panch Sarkia pump at Rawalpindi near Hearts International Hospital. That station sells bad fuel too, caused my generator's fuel tank to rust up.

I have since shifted to a PSO pump at Jhanda chichi - its company run and has a high turnover including govt. & police vehicles.
    Selling Vitz+local cars - compatible bluetooth Ecu Scantool, High-amp car chargers, Apple-certified Lightning Cables, etc. Click on my name and see my started threads for details.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

pakistan k kisi bhi fuel pump par kuch bhi ho sakta hai.

paisa hamara hai we need to be careful when in big town i always choose a pump where i see rickshaw n taxi crowd because un sab ko maloom hota hai k konsa nozzle kis station par theek hai

shell ho ya PSO yeah badmashi attendent kartay hain company ka sirf logo hota hai

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Look brother Shell is known for pulling such stunts every where.
    This happened to me in a company operated pump in Lahore where they engaged me into the promotion talk of an engine oil and did this to me.

From there on I made it a point that when ever i get the fuel filled I get out of my car and stand by the side of the filler and tell him to lock the nozel in the slowest slot and take the hands off.

There is another catch.

My experience tells me that always get ur car filled at the dispenser which is being used for the filling of motorcycles. Coz that perticular dispenser is the most accurate. Normaly the pump guys discourage you to do that. In that case insist.
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well i have the worst experience at Shell. Got about 25 liters of petrol from them & drove my car for a day. 2nd day i went to my mechanic for some radiator work & when moving back my engine declined to start with some clunk clunk noise. mechanic told me that u just escaped a seized engine as the noise was from valves hitting the piston. ur valves are jammed due to bad petrol as some mix Irani petrol. i had to drain that 25 liters at spot which had the smell of VARNISH. went to PSO for refill & that didnt happen again. although my injectors were Badly injured in the incident. lol & had to change them which started a whole new episode of problems for me. most of u must b aware of that.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It's not specific to any particular Oil Marketing company. The problem sadly lies with being Pakistanis. We are actually very good at it, taking every opportunity to rip others to make money. Be it petrol pumps, or auto mechanics, or politicians or businessmen.

I have been mugged 5 times on petrol refuelling (the times when I know for sure). 2 times at PSO, once in Caltex. Due to that I stopped going to PSO and Caltex and only relied on Shell. But then at 2 different Shell pumps, I have been ripped off by Rs. 500/1000. So it just depends what kind of staff is present at a particular petrol station, and the amount of 'aimaan' they have.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My colleague shared this with me. He had a cousin that worked in a petrol station (Total, airport road, Rwp if i remember correctly). My colleague was on his bike and went there for a fillup of 100 Rs. The cousin did some trick with the handle that the meter stopped at Rs 100 while he continued pouring the fuel and gave him extra ltrs. He said he saw that happen in front of him So even if the people at station just seem to do their job without getting your attention diverted, you still dont know if the exact fuel has been poured or not.
    And then the worst thing happened with him, his tyre got punctured 3 times before reaching his destination... that too on a hot summer day.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

owwww... thanx for sharing your experiance guys... wil try to be more concious while filling petrol.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nasty_faizan View Post
    I have found PSO in M.Ali Society to be cutting on petrol volume. Dont know how you guys are praising PSO when my experience has not been so good.
    different people have different experiences with different petrol pumps.. in my area PSO and Caltex are good.. i have not tried anyother but shell is definitely a ' no no '

Quote Originally Posted by vazim View Post
    "subah subah aisay nahi sir" means later in the day he will screw people properly.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by wasif111 View Post
    i just slap on that guy face without saying any thing, he took out nozzle from his pocket and fixed....
    here we go ,, latoon ke bhoot batton saa nahi mantay..
    another lol.. funny people isn't it.. colours of Pakistan
    BB Pin - 22B43A31

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It happens with me too at SHELL Johar Town Lahore. They tried their best to divert your attention. sadly i wasnt able to get my money back even i filled complain at their head office.
    If travelling was free, You'd never see me again.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Shahrukhali View Post
    Same happened to me. I was with my Bro, at Shell petrol pump (Near Rabi City) Apartments. They try to divert your attention to them so they can cheat. Beware every buddy !!
    Big thieves!!!!

Year 2000, i was driving my suzuki FX to college, also had to pick my special somebody on my way. Askari IV Shell was my regular pit stop, i had may be 1 or 2 liters left in the tank and i asked him to fill 200 rupees of petrol. Same time this guy with shell pamphlet distracted me with his silly offers. When i looked at the meter it was 200 already. Petrol used to be around 28 rupees / liter at that time (i think). Interestingly the meter did not show number of liters filled. I was a little confused and was already late so left after paying him.

The fuel ended near FTC , thats about 10 KMs from Askari IV, I had only 50 bucks left in my pocket got a 1.5 liter bottle of fuel from nearby. Got late and missed my class. Yes - He didnt fill at all!

Year 2011 - CNG station near my house which is usually very good. I have been going to this particular station since the last 2 years and i still go there. I stopped for a 500 rupees fill, paid the money before he started filling. I got a complete filling but he came asking for the money again. He just woudnt agree that i paid him, checked again in my wallet and i knew i paid him. But he started swearing over Quran and all and said k "agar main jhoot bol raha houn tu aap akhrat ma mujhay pakarna" i was with my wife and 6-month old and my wife made me payagain, but i told him that i know i am paying this the second- And its just because of your Kasams.

There are alot of thieves around, sometimes we catch them, sometimes we miss. Every other person around these days is looking rip you just to make a quick buck.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Nice sharing,
    Summarizing the discussions so far,

it isnt the brand but cheaters representing the brands,

my personal preference ranking for a refill:

a) Total (PARCO)
    b) PSO
    c) Caltex
    d) Shell

usually i avoid shell, for the reasons mentioned. E10 in PSO is also rumoured which gave my santro a damaged fuel pump and a tank wash.

The refill scam is true for CNG pumps too, have experienced it twice at the same gas station. the guy filling Rs.20 worth of gas and restarting, his aide (the cashier of the pump) was watching over. I was watching the meter and refused to pay additional Rs.20 to which they agreed seeing my being attentive to their play.

As precaution, always be attentive , get out of the car, and watch closely and do not get distracted.

Also, some pumps have really dodgy digital displays, (small, faded digits, and intentionally dusty panels) watch out for that too...
    LIve your life at the speed no one else can imagine

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

common practice for Petrol Pump employees in Lahore
    Sent from my own Desktop Computer using my own Keyboard !!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Let's pray that all these cheaters go to Hell and burn in their own fuel there

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Haven't really encountered anything as such.
    I always fill my petrol from Shell otherwise PSO.
    PSO near clifton bridge and Shell near Uzma Plaza (on clifton road) are both company operated and nothing goes into the pocked of the employees so maybe that's why they don't cheat.
    www.facebook.com/Pakistanbeautiful

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

sab choor haein. bas never try to be friendly with them. give them that killing look, wake up the one who is dozing while sitting and get the screen cleaned as well. This way they remain a bit frightened. also blow the horn when stopping and tell him to fill up. "so rahe ho kya salaay"

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I never talk to them. When they start to talk, i tell them straight away to wipe the windscreen.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ahmad_yar View Post
    i heard pso is best in petrol quatity and quality, pls correct me if i am wrong.
    A friend of mine was bluffed the same. He was even told that the pump in Blue Area shuts every year for two weeks for maintenance. An uncle of mine who works for a petroleum company, strongly refuted this telling me of two cars which got stuck due to water in petrol. Many appreciate it only because it sells CNG cheaper than the rest.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

WHOOO,
    TOTALLY SAME SCHIT HAPPENED WITH ME !!!
    i gave schity person 1K asked him to fill then another person came before passenger side window (in front of meter that was on passenger side) n said Sir, chai peyein ge ?? Sir thandi botel le aon?? i was really really amazed to see why are they treating me like bcoz im not a V.I.P or anything else & they wont even know me,
    and Amzingly there meter Stopped at same 300 like urs, I SAID " YE YE YE RUK KIUN GYA ??
    sir light chali gai, i said light gai ?? oka chal paisay wapis kr,
    when he returning my money Sir light a gai ,
    i said CHAL okay, then after sometime meter stopped again at 700,
    than i said ab kia ?? sir phle 300 ka dala ab 700 ka pura
    I argued but in vein bcoz i wasnt able to prove
    So i lost 300

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

simply i have 15 litre transprent can whenever i get time i fill it up at petrol station , later pour it to tank

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fahadwizz View Post
    Big thieves!!!!

Year 2000, i was driving my suzuki FX to college, also had to pick my special somebody on my way. Askari IV Shell was my regular pit stop, i had may be 1 or 2 liters left in the tank and i asked him to fill 200 rupees of petrol. Same time this guy with shell pamphlet distracted me with his silly offers. When i looked at the meter it was 200 already. Petrol used to be around 28 rupees / liter at that time (i think). Interestingly the meter did not show number of liters filled. I was a little confused and was already late so left after paying him.

The fuel ended near FTC , thats about 10 KMs from Askari IV, I had only 50 bucks left in my pocket got a 1.5 liter bottle of fuel from nearby. Got late and missed my class. Yes - He didnt fill at all!

Year 2011 - CNG station near my house which is usually very good. I have been going to this particular station since the last 2 years and i still go there. I stopped for a 500 rupees fill, paid the money before he started filling. I got a complete filling but he came asking for the money again. He just woudnt agree that i paid him, checked again in my wallet and i knew i paid him. But he started swearing over Quran and all and said k "agar main jhoot bol raha houn tu aap akhrat ma mujhay pakarna" i was with my wife and 6-month old and my wife made me payagain, but i told him that i know i am paying this the second- And its just because of your Kasams.

There are alot of thieves around, sometimes we catch them, sometimes we miss. Every other person around these days is looking rip you just to make a quick buck.
    This happens with my freind at SHELL Liberty, they were asked to filled Rs.1000 and he stoped the meter in between somwhere, punched Rs.1000 again on the meter and showed him that he filled the tank, however my friend was smart enough he told him the in liters meter is showing nothing so fill it again otheriwse i will not pay a penny to him.
    If travelling was free, You'd never see me again.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

User Tag List