0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Cheaters at petrol pumps..

Salam guys... I wanted to share an experience with you guys... that happened to me at a petrol pump.

My ride was really low on fuel so I went towards the nearest petrol pump I could find. It was a Shell pump located on Dalmia Road, Karachi. As I entered, I noticed that all the staff was free and there was no other car although it was rush time of Saturday night. Odd it was. As i entered I was greeted and directed warmly by the staff. When I stopped, one of them rushed his head through the window into my car. Having just Rs.900 in my pocket, I told him to fill so much. With no delay, he extended his arm towards me to grab the money. Feeling awkward a bit, I handed it over to him. The other guy showed me the meter as they usually do, and then the petrol started to pump in.

"So is it diesel that you have applied to the dashboard?", the guy in the window asked.
    "No its just some polish."
    Then he continued, "Why didn't you come on your motor bike today?" and*I was like.. "I haven't even come here before, you must have misjudged me."*

It was then when the meter stopped, the reading was exact Rs.301. He stated that the meter has tripped and it will take a minute to get it running again. At this instant, I felt like dejavu. Or had it really happened to me before? I could recall something similar that happened to me at another pump station some time ago, when I felt like I had been tricked. So I started to pay extra attention to the meter. The meter resumed from the same reading when the pump started again.

"Should I make you a bill?"
    "Do you have Shell card?"
    "Do you you don't have to give cash when using Shell card?" The guy at the window tried to engage my attention. Ignoring everything, I kept looking at the meter.

The meter stopped again on Rs.600. "What now?" I asked.
    "Nothing. You are good to go." was the reply.
    "Wait, what? You haven't filled up to 900!".
    "Well, we filled 300 before and 600 now, didn't you see the meter started from zero again?".
    And I straight away realized these guys were nothing but a bunch of cheaters - it did not start from zero. Incensed, I started to argue them. Not wanting to gather crowd around them, one of them just lifted up the nozzle again and quickly filled up another Rs.300 resolving the issue within few moments. This further made it certain that they were trying to bluff!

This little experience made me dispirited and I really didn't want to write on it, but then, this might spread some awareness and help others protect themselves against the false people. Where are we heading towards.. Is this a muslim country?

Bluffers at petrol pumps..

http://www.pak-photographers.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by iLLDuDe786 View Post
    ^Both you guys need to pay a visit to northeast USA, never faced any sort of problems here i guess its due to the abundance of desis here.
    Pennsylvania?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AliTepu View Post
    have u seen the video?
    Yeah. Both edits.
    Nothing to see here.

2c
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ToofaneBatameezi View Post
    I got cheated once at Caltex infront of PAF museum.

I had filled my CNG tank full and I check the meter in the engine and don't rely on the meter in the car. I hardly drove afterwards for 5-10 mins near home and than left for uni (Iqra Uni). Coming back, I wanted to fill it full once again due to family had to go somewhere far so I stopped at Caltex the most convenient one.

He filled CNG for 300 PKR and I was shocked at the meter. Reality hits you hard bro.
    and i was under the impression you even dont own a car, my bad.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 2c View Post
    and i was under the impression you even dont own a car, my bad.
    I don't even own now. Technically, Dad's belonging is mine too so in a way I do.

Sold this one 15 days ago:

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/gue...ooki-rx-khyber

Bought a "Ghar-ki-chali" hui 2004 Cultus.
    Nothing to see here.

2c
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I don't even own now. Technically, Dad's belonging is mine too so in a way I do.

k

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by baburawan View Post
    Please don't say like this, I have been to States, and England officially for courses regarding criminology, I ask you four simple questions.
    1. what is the age of US?
    2. Is there no crime like, Murders, Robberies, Narcotics, Smuggling, Frauds, etc in US?
    3. When Black ppl steel the goods from the vehicles after smashing the wind screens and windows, And snatch valuables from the pedestrians moving in New York, what response you get from Police in US?
    4. What do you say about Moral Values in US?

I know only one thing, as Mr Bhutto said, we are economical animals, we are doing the same as, Monkeys, penguin's, and Fox do, we born, gave birth to new ones feed them and die... how many of us tried to find out why we were created?
    We are not discussing street crimes here, we are discussing business fraud, and when you do any sort of business fraud in either of your mentioned countries - you get the book thrown at you. For sure the average off the street B-hole in the cities of US is a criminal idiot with bad values but there are law enforcements there and good Samaritans that will complain on the law even if they malfunction.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Similar thing happened with me at that petrol pump.
    I was waiting for my turn as there was a guy infront of me reflling his bike's tank.When my turn came I told them to put the fuel of RS.1000.As soon as i did so a guy(another worker)came onto the passenger side and started distracting me "sir cash hai ke card,perchi bana doon",etc.
    I was pretty sure that he was doing so that he can successfully cheat...and yeah he did it.The guy who was refilling never turned the meter zero and it started from Rs.100(refilled by the biker).I got angry and started shouting at them and then without a word they restarted the meter and filled in the petrol of amount RS.1000.
    Guys beware and be attentive of such people!and especially this shell pump at dalmia.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Its not just about the pumps. Its very sad but our beloved country is full of thugs. My colleague was having some heating up problems with is Cultus. He is by the way totally "Farigh" when it comes to cars. So his mechanic replaced the radiator first - charged him 6k. Two days later the car heated up again so he charged him another 5000 for gasket and 1500 for servicing self(which by the way was totally fine).

The car continued heating up. I stepped in and sent him to my mechanic where he found that the head was never opened, the mechanic just opened the tappet cover to show him that the engine head was never opened. Turned out his water body and lower hose were bad . Replaced and problem solved.

The self too was never serviced we somehow probed a little bit through near by shops which my mechanic knew and the exact words of his mechanic were" Bhai eid ka time hay thoray paisay bananay thay aur waisay bhi aadha hissa tau malik ka driver na lay liya". Turned out his driver and mechanic were both involved in ripping.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yeah GHAR-KI-CHALI hui ka matlab keya hota hai ?? U mean to say k ghar mai ya pind mai roads hain jahan car traffic nahi hota ??

honestly yeah terminology samhaj nahi aaye please without any rant simple words mai explain karyeay.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

When ever you are at any pump in pakistan of any MNC just tell the person do whatever you want to as now i am going to call your headoffice and tell them what you did. They will be blasted and do whatever you say.

this is what i was told by an Oil company. because its getting common these days.
    3S Authorised Dealer of PAK SUZUKI MOTORS
    www.minimotors.pk info@minimotors.pk www.facebook.com/suzukiminimotors

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs up

Dear, I just want to say, Pakistan is a kid, small enough to mess. if old Babas, I mean US & England are still facing high end International frauds of all kind, high rate of street crime and Robberies, where do we stand? think for solutions my love, criticism is very easy? sorry don't mind if i said something in a wrong way, what I can offer for my country is my sweat and Blood.... I simply Love Pakistan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    We are not discussing street crimes here, we are discussing business fraud, and when you do any sort of business fraud in either of your mentioned countries - you get the book thrown at you. For sure the average off the street B-hole in the cities of US is a criminal idiot with bad values but there are law enforcements there and good Samaritans that will complain on the law even if they malfunction.
    Be nice to the ppl while going up.. you might meet them on your way down

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs up

Dear, My jeeps meter wasn't functioning properly, someone suggested to visit Montgomery road Lahore, there are many people to fix meters, I was ready change the cables or meter, I got it checked there, guy entered under the Jeep came out and said Sir, the connector was loose and he fixed it. I tried to pay him he said no as he did nothing, I gave him 200 rupees forcibly, he could have charged in thousands and I was ready for it? But He didn't, He was Pakistani
    Quote Originally Posted by fahadwizz View Post
    Its not just about the pumps. Its very sad but our beloved country is full of thugs. My colleague was having some heating up problems with is Cultus. He is by the way totally "Farigh" when it comes to cars. So his mechanic replaced the radiator first - charged him 6k. Two days later the car heated up again so he charged him another 5000 for gasket and 1500 for servicing self(which by the way was totally fine).

The car continued heating up. I stepped in and sent him to my mechanic where he found that the head was never opened, the mechanic just opened the tappet cover to show him that the engine head was never opened. Turned out his water body and lower hose were bad . Replaced and problem solved.

The self too was never serviced we somehow probed a little bit through near by shops which my mechanic knew and the exact words of his mechanic were" Bhai eid ka time hay thoray paisay bananay thay aur waisay bhi aadha hissa tau malik ka driver na lay liya". Turned out his driver and mechanic were both involved in ripping.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear, My jeeps meter wasn't functioning properly, someone suggested to visit Montgomery road Lahore, there are many people to fix meters, I was ready change the cables or meter, I got it checked there, guy entered under the Jeep came out and said Sir, the connector was loose and he fixed it. I tried to pay him he said no as he did nothing, I gave him 200 rupees forcibly, he could have charged in thousands and I was ready for it? But He didn't, He was Pakistani
    Cheaters at petrol pumps.. - 1
    My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, help me to remember that Your love is greater than my disappointment and Your plans for my life are better than my Dreams.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

That's very nice - Once this electronic shop guy fixed my Car CD player for free because the lens connecting belt had carbon on it so it wudnt detect and pull in CDs. The other "Three" shops that i showed the same player, opened it up and told me that some IC is malfunctioning and it would cost 1000 bucks. The whole car story that i mentioned above, it was the forth mechanic that i showed to was an honest person. So may be for me, 3 out of 4 people i go to are dishonest pricks. That's not a very good stat!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@baburawan

I chose to live in Pakistan while my whole family is abroad. I too wanted to "serve" my nation by making an honest living. I pay all my taxes and i work very hard for every penny i make. But i am sorry to say that the deeper you get into the things the more you learn about the corrupt mentality of people living in this country. I don't complain about the leadership since it comes from within the population. The values of a guy at the fuel station and an MBA from a nice university are not very different.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i had a similar story, i went to hafeez centre to get my pc fixed, it had some issue that could not be fixed at home, well shopkeeper said every part is done for as it wasnt giving display, i went for a closer look as i know alot about computers, the rip off had not connected the display cable,i got that connected then he said abi bi nai dey rha, then i said connect the ram you ripoff, voila it started working, i took my pc away but moral is that every fool wants money, even those people who you consider friends are just fooling around to make a buck
    haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs up

Deliver what ever your potential is? we have to sacrifice for our beloved country... there are hundreds of my close relatives like manmuns chachas and there children are British/American nationals, many of my friends left very good jobs to live abroad, as what ever???? I never wanted to be a national of any other country, I am Proud Pakistani, SAB SAY PEHLAY PAKISTAN
    Quote Originally Posted by fahadwizz View Post
    @baburawan

I chose to live in Pakistan while my whole family is abroad. I too wanted to "serve" my nation by making an honest living. I pay all my taxes and i work very hard for every penny i make. But i am sorry to say that the deeper you get into the things the more you learn about the corrupt mentality of people living in this country. I don't complain about the leadership since it comes from within the population. The values of a guy at the fuel station and an MBA from a nice university are not very different.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs up Eid mubarak

Wishing a very special EID Ul ADHA to all friends
    Cheaters at petrol pumps -321689

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

did u guys noticed that in most petrol pump the meter that shows rupees are so dark (black) that u cant see clearly in day light.that is also made to screw us

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

same happen to me too in lahore shell pump....i was on my bike and i said to fill 100 in it...he did it and when i saw the meter it was only 69...i was like it's not full...dubara kar.he said it's 100...the meter get's stuck sometime...thank fully i said it the second time and filled the rest in with ease and i was like cheap cheater's!!!
    glad you weren't caught in their NET OF DOOM!! brilliant reaction you showed them
    1992 khyber.broken mirror.interior all rusted up.paint coming off.people say sell it while you have the chance,i say i cant....... cause it still has my memories in it :')

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

User Tag List