0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Cheaters at petrol pumps..

Salam guys... I wanted to share an experience with you guys... that happened to me at a petrol pump.

My ride was really low on fuel so I went towards the nearest petrol pump I could find. It was a Shell pump located on Dalmia Road, Karachi. As I entered, I noticed that all the staff was free and there was no other car although it was rush time of Saturday night. Odd it was. As i entered I was greeted and directed warmly by the staff. When I stopped, one of them rushed his head through the window into my car. Having just Rs.900 in my pocket, I told him to fill so much. With no delay, he extended his arm towards me to grab the money. Feeling awkward a bit, I handed it over to him. The other guy showed me the meter as they usually do, and then the petrol started to pump in.

"So is it diesel that you have applied to the dashboard?", the guy in the window asked.
    "No its just some polish."
    Then he continued, "Why didn't you come on your motor bike today?" and*I was like.. "I haven't even come here before, you must have misjudged me."*

It was then when the meter stopped, the reading was exact Rs.301. He stated that the meter has tripped and it will take a minute to get it running again. At this instant, I felt like dejavu. Or had it really happened to me before? I could recall something similar that happened to me at another pump station some time ago, when I felt like I had been tricked. So I started to pay extra attention to the meter. The meter resumed from the same reading when the pump started again.

"Should I make you a bill?"
    "Do you have Shell card?"
    "Do you you don't have to give cash when using Shell card?" The guy at the window tried to engage my attention. Ignoring everything, I kept looking at the meter.

The meter stopped again on Rs.600. "What now?" I asked.
    "Nothing. You are good to go." was the reply.
    "Wait, what? You haven't filled up to 900!".
    "Well, we filled 300 before and 600 now, didn't you see the meter started from zero again?".
    And I straight away realized these guys were nothing but a bunch of cheaters - it did not start from zero. Incensed, I started to argue them. Not wanting to gather crowd around them, one of them just lifted up the nozzle again and quickly filled up another Rs.300 resolving the issue within few moments. This further made it certain that they were trying to bluff!

This little experience made me dispirited and I really didn't want to write on it, but then, this might spread some awareness and help others protect themselves against the false people. Where are we heading towards.. Is this a muslim country?

Bluffers at petrol pumps..

http://www.pak-photographers.com

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the worst thing is that they never fill 1 litre and charge for 1 litre. Let me share what happened with me yesterday at PSO petrol pump next to Mansura on Multan Rd, lahore. I was coming out of mansura hospital (from here to petrol pump it will hardly be 50 meters). My bike started missing. Like when petrol is finished so i turned into PSO. They guy there filled my bike with 8.5 litres of petrol. Now cg125 petrol tank is only 9.2 litres, our of which 7.2 is regular and then 2 litre is reserve. Since I was not on reserve that means the maximum petrol that was needed to fill the tank was 7.2 litres. Anyways I said to the guy that your meter overcharged but he rebutted my claim. I couldnt do anything as there was no proof that my bike had 2 litres when it came to the pump.
    So even when they seem like they are not cheating, they are infact cheating. What can we do about such things? it is very sad to see cheating at all levels in our country

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    93 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by baburawan View Post
    Dear, I just want to say, Pakistan is a kid, small enough to mess. if old Babas, I mean US & England are still facing high end International frauds of all kind, high rate of street crime and Robberies, where do we stand? think for solutions my love, criticism is very easy? sorry don't mind if i said something in a wrong way, what I can offer for my country is my sweat and Blood.... I simply Love Pakistan.
    While living there, I lost a few freinds to gunshot and bombs, you wont like to bury your close freinds from college would you and see their families weep, I saw corruption take so incredible toll that completely jaahil, come into power and use it to benefit themselves only, I saw sectarian violence so bad that it was scary to attend.

I saw the agony of my father in his last days as he suffered from renal failure and there were power outages on a regular basis. running the large genny for power and then to have KESC come and tell me that Im supposed to pay them Rs 1/kw hr for running a genny.

The condition of basic education, the cost of peaceful living, the corruption in earning an honest wage, the cost of feeding yourself and your family has gone out of control.

The thinking of "thand mahol" and easy money where everyone will steal you blind, the retailers of islamic publications at urdu bazaar tried to con me of Rs 50/- as they had delibrately miscounted the copies of Surah Yaseen and were then very offended when I said that let me count - and for sure they were 10 copies missing. They were not even ashamed on it, no sorry, no expression - just an angry shrug and shove of ten copies.

Im a Pakistani and speak a language as beautiful as urdu, having seen the most beautiful sights of northern Pakistan, but when it comes to the basic rights of life, its not worth it anymore hence i packed up.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    While living there, I lost a few freinds to gunshot and bombs, you wont like to bury your close freinds from college would you and see their families weep, I saw corruption take so incredible toll that completely jaahil, come into power and use it to benefit themselves only, I saw sectarian violence so bad that it was scary to attend.

I saw the agony of my father in his last days as he suffered from renal failure and there were power outages on a regular basis. running the large genny for power and then to have KESC come and tell me that Im supposed to pay them Rs 1/kw hr for running a genny.

The condition of basic education, the cost of peaceful living, the corruption in earning an honest wage, the cost of feeding yourself and your family has gone out of control.

The thinking of "thand mahol" and easy money where everyone will steal you blind, the retailers of islamic publications at urdu bazaar tried to con me of Rs 50/- as they had delibrately miscounted the copies of Surah Yaseen and were then very offended when I said that let me count - and for sure they were 10 copies missing. They were not even ashamed on it, no sorry, no expression - just an angry shrug and shove of ten copies.

Im a Pakistani and speak a language as beautiful as urdu, having seen the most beautiful sights of northern Pakistan, but when it comes to the basic rights of life, its not worth it anymore hence i packed up.
    i agree. corruption is a daily routine here. many things are not even considered bad. like taking and giving bribes. i have myself seen and known very religious people who never take bribes. but even they dont mind paying bribes. My neighbour is a Hifz Quran and a very pious man. He wanted to rent the upper portion of his house and so wanted to install another electricity meter. He bribed a WAPDA person to do that. When i asked him he remained calm and said if i dont pay the bribe then my work will not be done. So i reminded him that 'rishwat lene wala aur denay wala dono pay Allah ki laanat hoti hai'. On hearing this he got a bit angry and said 'i am still more pious than most men who dont ven pray'.
    Pakistani people have accepted corruption as part of their lives. 99.99% of people if given a chance will leave Pakistan and settle abroad.
    You see in Pakistan -
    poor, middle class ---> no basic rights provided
    rich ----> use PAWA to get basic rights like registering of FIR with police
    Even rich people pay lot of money to get basic rights. You know if I slap you there are 2 things you can do, accept my slap and walk away or slap me back. Look at Arab countries they are now slapping back the governments. But in Pakistan we have accepted slaps from our government, be it increase in load shedding, high inflation of basic food items (esp in ramadan), etc. Our nation doesnt want to rise for its rights.
    I do not blame people who leave Pakistan. This country has gone to vaderaas and dogs because we awam has allowed them to take over. We all know what happened last month when people came on streets regarding long loadshedding hours. And brothers even today there is no loadshedding in my area. So people have the power to bring about a change but they are not willing. All pakistanis are waiting for a miracle to happen.
    I am still a patriot and would give my life for the country but I will not even give rs.1 for my government or army.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post

can't agree more
    hard facts!
    My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, help me to remember that Your love is greater than my disappointment and Your plans for my life are better than my Dreams.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i also faced same thing at isb...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    93 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHorn View Post
    i agree. corruption is a daily routine here. many things are not even considered bad. like taking and giving bribes. i have myself seen and known very religious people who never take bribes. but even they dont mind paying bribes. My neighbour is a Hifz Quran and a very pious man. He wanted to rent the upper portion of his house and so wanted to install another electricity meter. He bribed a WAPDA person to do that. When i asked him he remained calm and said if i dont pay the bribe then my work will not be done. So i reminded him that 'rishwat lene wala aur denay wala dono pay Allah ki laanat hoti hai'. On hearing this he got a bit angry and said 'i am still more pious than most men who dont ven pray'.
    Pakistani people have accepted corruption as part of their lives. 99.99% of people if given a chance will leave Pakistan and settle abroad.
    You see in Pakistan -
    poor, middle class ---> no basic rights provided
    rich ----> use PAWA to get basic rights like registering of FIR with police
    Even rich people pay lot of money to get basic rights. You know if I slap you there are 2 things you can do, accept my slap and walk away or slap me back. Look at Arab countries they are now slapping back the governments. But in Pakistan we have accepted slaps from our government, be it increase in load shedding, high inflation of basic food items (esp in ramadan), etc. Our nation doesnt want to rise for its rights.
    I do not blame people who leave Pakistan. This country has gone to vaderaas and dogs because we awam has allowed them to take over. We all know what happened last month when people came on streets regarding long loadshedding hours. And brothers even today there is no loadshedding in my area. So people have the power to bring about a change but they are not willing. All pakistanis are waiting for a miracle to happen.
    I am still a patriot and would give my life for the country but I will not even give rs.1 for my government or army.
    Its all rooted at one site, education and implementation, people are buying degrees to get qualified and beat actually qualified people to get the job (mostly what you call PAWA). You cannot expect to have hens and eggs in the morning if you leave a wolf to guard the henhouse in the night. And that is exactly what is going on.

Simply put the politicians in power are completely Jaahil be it Zardari, Shareefs, Altaf Hussain, etc etc etc. They have only one concern - to make money for themselves and setup illegal businesses where they can abuse labor for extreme high profits for themselves, they never pay taxes, they never follow any law too.

All the people I knew doing jobs left Pakistan because there was no hope for the future (retirement i.e.) the PF, retirement and insurance are out of the picture in most private firms. Then I get to hear people tell me that I should be patriotic - TO WHAT EXACTLY? a place run by people who are thugs and bandits. A place whose forces and intel are actually muppets to a higher force. NO THANKYOU - I want my family name to continue after my death.

For people in business - our country is becoming a nation of shop keepers with no laws at all, honesty is non-existant now, I feel really sad that there is NO TRUST in any transaction anymore in Pakistan, everyone has eyes like hawks on your pocket. They will try their best to steal from it - and sometimes get angry if asked why.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Yaroon ka yar

Quote Originally Posted by ahmad_yar View Post
    strange shell is world renowned name and what they are doing here in pakistan with this name ???, tks for sharing , sure will be more careful now onword
    i heard pso is best in petrol quatity and quality, pls correct me if i am wrong.
    my experience is entirely different with p.s.o. Fuel.
    Some time ago i was driving from karachi to islamabad, i refilled all the time on shell pumps and enjoyed their hospitality on their pumps etc. But when a long distance portion came in punjab and i cannot find out any shell pump then i refilled with local p.s.o. Pump you will not believed that i cannot drive 5 or 6 kms with this fuel pour in my car ultimately i stop with a garage and checked the problems the person informed me about the quality of fuel which is not suitable for further driving then i drain the whole fuel and pour from my stocked one, after that on the way to islamabad and back to karachi i never used pso fuel for the refueling and reached safely karachi without any problem, so this is my short and true story of fuel from p.s.o. From then and now i never use any pso pumps for refueling since a 20 years in karachi or any-wheres. Thanks

2c
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

this thread has more text then my uniform evaluation exam which lasted for 3 days and 6 hours each day.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Year: Maybe 2010.

Petrol Station: PSO. The fancy one opposite Shezan bakery in Liberty.

So the damn bike i was on thought of running out of fuel just there. Went in and said him to fill it up. I dont remember the amount. I was looking at that stupid info screen on the top and then... the petrol was filled. I was like wtf? You didn't start it from 0. He was like what? Go away. I didn't gave a damn and went away as i was in hurry.

Thing is i didn't even knew wtf was written on that info screen. I never went to that fancy station but at that time i was helpless. I am sure i was ripped off and he definitely filled a lower amount.

Praise to ALMIGHTY that pump is long gone. Screw them. Good riddance!.

Year: 2010.

Station: Total near Hardess.

Me and my friend, bike. He was driving. Petrol went in and when it came the time to pay, he took out an old 100 bill. The cashier guy saw the newer ones in his wallet and said him to pay him those. The old bill wasn't the big one, it was just old. My friend stopped there and said lpc. I will slap you silly. Finally they took the bill as we stopped everyone. Took like 10 minutes.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^ In the second situation the seller can have the aurgument that I have not given you rotten merchandize why you are offering a rotten bill?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

... because lets say you dont get the shiny new bills free.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well exactly the same thing happened to me at PSO station in Joher Town Lahore, which is accross Bank Alfalah. And just a word of caution, I have a feeling that they have tempered with their meters, I mean even Rs 1000 worth of fuel dosent seem like the actual quantity.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by realmadrid View Post
    Well exactly the same thing happened to me at PSO station in Joher Town Lahore, which is accross Bank Alfalah. And just a word of caution, I have a feeling that they have tempered with their meters, I mean even Rs 1000 worth of fuel dosent seem like the actual quantity.
    Brother no petrol pump gives exactly 1 litre. I have yet to find such a pump in pakistan. At best u will get 900ml. But generally shell pumps are rigged worse, the shell near karim market on wahdat road gives about 800 ml as 1 litre. The caltrex opposite this pump gives about 900ml as 1 litre.

If anyone finds a pump that gives 1 litre as 1 litre then kindly share it.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I know its a old thread but i would like to share my experience,
    today (2 hours ago) i went to PSO Pump Lahore as i had 300 only i told him to fill my car with 300 and he nodded n said (teen soo ka na?) i said yes! while i was looking at the meter he instead kept filling my car until i had to scream at him to stop fueling! he stopped at 636!!!!!!!!!! i clearly told him that i have 300 in pocket! n they said insaan say kabhi ghalti hojati hai we need ur car book ur id card or anything valuable!!!! i mean wtf!!!! i said it is a mistake from ur side n now ur demanding things from me! (its like they are doing extortion from all poor chaps) i dont like to keep excessive cash due to halaat reasons! they kept arguing until my sister begged me to give them any bloody thing u got as she had to attend uni for exams!!!! i will go back to give them remaining cash n will speak to their manager or who ever he is! its not abt 300 but its about simple understanding of what the customer actually wants n what end result is he getting!!!
    after 10 years of filling the fuel from that pump! m gona fill in other station! i m gona be more careful by standing next to person to inspect every damn thing!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

User Tag List