0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lightbulb Car stolen at Gun Point-Bahadurabad & Recovered

Mod Edit: Thread moved to correct section.
    Aasalam-O-Aliakum,

Dear Pakwheelers,

Yesterday at about 5:45 PM (14th December 2011), my Car- a Toyota Corolla SE Saloon Model 2003 was Stolen at Gun Point from my Uncle near PTV Station near Bahadurabad Karachi.

He had stepped out of the car, at some shops near PTV station but as soon as he stepped out of the car. Two Armed Men (Sindhis by their looks) held him at gun point. They immediately demanded Cash, Mobile phone and other valuable, which he immediately handed over along with the car keys.

They then asked him to get into the car with them. They then drove with him for about Half an hour and Hit him several times in the chest and stomach. One robber was driving the car, while the second was in the back seat with him. They were counting the money they had collected, which was about PKR 70k to 80K in cash. He also came across some cheques my uncle had with him, which were about PKR 800K but the robber were i think illiterate and also drunk because he couldn't read their value. He asked when can they be cashed and my uncle replied not now as all banks had been closed.

He also asked whether the car had trackker, for which my uncle replied Yes. Although the Robbers had plans to keep in hostage but some How they let him Go. They gave him about PKR 50 rupees for transportation and also his CNIC/ Driving Licence etc.

He immediately called me for Vehicle Dis-ablation and I called C-Track and Reported Theft. Although the C-track staff was annoying and was wasting time intially but managed to Disable the vehicle. The Car was recovered and was at home at about 8:30 PM.
    The Robbers were so much excited with the Cheques, Cash, Mobile Phones (as they got 2 from him) and other valuables that they forgot to take his watch.

Although its Trackker System was not the Latest Anti Jammer according to the C-track Personnel. They manage to recover the vehicle. I called the trakker people at about 6:15 PM and they manage to disable the car within minutes (6:20 PM).
    I tried calling the 15 Helpline but those Fools were Disconnecting the phone without hearing me out!!!

I am sharing this to you to warn you to please be careful as Law and Order is very poor and the so called Madadgar 15 is useless in real life situation.
    The Car is currently with Trackker People because they wanted to inspect whether Trackker Tempering has been attempted by the the Car Lifters.

The Trackker company- C-track advised me to upgrade to their "Anti-Jamming Trackking unit". They say this unit currently is the best and cannot be disabled.

Please advise whether i should upgrade my CARS to this new unit?
    I have a few Cars with C-track. Please advise soon.

P.s. I am not sure whether this is the right Sub forum for this incident. If it isn't MODS please move it to the Right Section.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sad story

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aqs29 View Post
    Sad story
    Thanks to Almighty ALLAH. My Uncle is SAFE as these guys were getting the idea to take him hostage.
    The Stupid Police Helpline is utter Rubbish!

Thanks to the C-track, they also recovered the Car. Although the Robber took his Hard Earned Cash with them.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Confirm muqbari case someone related very closely to your uncle gave touch to the robbers. damn sure about these kind of robberies. How come the robbers only attacked your uncle??? how did they know that they have to keep him hostage and take the rest money safely in the car??? Despite of knowing that the car has tracker why did they let him go after sometime, nere bhai try to understand, the whole attack was for those 70-80K money which ur uncle had, inquiring about the car, taking the car with them after leaving your uncle was just a lust of illusion to make all of you people think that this was a by chance robbery.
    You will beat us with technology and speed???? we will beat you with experience.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

tks GOD life is safe and good to hear car also recover

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Question

Quote Originally Posted by ziddipathan View Post
    Confirm muqbari case someone related very closely to your uncle gave touch to the robbers. damn sure about these kind of robberies. How come the robbers only attacked your uncle??? how did they know that they have to keep him hostage and take the rest money safely in the car??? Despite of knowing that the car has tracker why did they let him go after sometime, nere bhai try to understand, the whole attack was for those 70-80K money which ur uncle had, inquiring about the car, taking the car with them after leaving your uncle was just a lust of illusion to make all of you people think that this was a by chance robbery.
    Yes, You may be right.
    He always has that much money with him.
    My father believe that much more then PKR 80,000 was robbed from him but he's hiding it because of pure embarrassment. My dad believe that at least about PKR 150,000 was robbed from him.

Well i think the robber were planing to keep him for cashing the cheques.
    But according to my uncle, they were Stunned with the money they got in cash. Hence i think they even forget to take his watch.
    They weren't Expecting this much money.

As i think they were sort of illiterate, The second robber was trying to hide the amount they had looted from the Driver robber, he quietly kept the cheques in his pocket.

P.S. My uncle had all money in his Wallet which he offered to the robbers in the beginning.
    I think it a standard practice for these robbers to pick up and drop somewhere else, as this also happened to my Driver.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ahmad_yar View Post
    tks GOD life is safe and good to hear car also recover
    Thank you Ahmad for your kind words.
    Allah's Blessing was with him that he escape from such an incident.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Times are very Critical these days.... Grim and despair.
    This is the reason i haven't posted any of my Rides in the Members and Rides section.

Since you don't know when certain elements trace you and ask for extortion or even protection money.
    Maintaining a low profile is the smart thing to do.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Sailare View Post
    The Trackker company- C-track advised me to upgrade to their "Anti-Jamming Trackking unit". They say this unit currently is the best and cannot be disabled.

Please advise whether i should upgrade my CARS to this new unit?
    Please advise soon.
    Any advises on this bit. Because this is the real reason i posted this thread.
    Should i upgrade?

This was the first time the trakker came into use since it was installed since 2003.
    Although the unit was upgraded 2 times once in 2007 and second in 2009.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think you should do a little research on the technology improvements this so called "upgrade" would be providing. Ask the tracker company about the their new features and how this one is better? Ask them technical questions and look up on the internet.

Afteral, getting fooled by a tracking company just in the name of "upgrades" is no different from getting robbed at gun point

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by megatron View Post
    I think you should do a little research on the technology improvements this so called "upgrade" would be providing. Ask the tracker company about the their new features and how this one is better? Ask them technical questions and look up on the internet.

Afteral, getting fooled by a tracking company just in the name of "upgrades" is no different from getting robbed at gun point
    Thank you for your reply.

I asked their personnel who was present at the place we picked up the car.
    He said that car jackers carry a GPS and GSM jammers which they mostly insert in the Lighter socket to disable the trakker.
    He did not mention how on earth this device could not be jammed claiming that he can not disclose it.

He also claimed that non of the vehicles that have this anti jammer trackker installed has been disabled by the Car jackers.

Does anyone about this??
    I have also received various letters from Trackker in this regard.

P.S. Trackker Pakistan (C-track) is the most reputed tracking company according to my knowledge.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i am sure car tracking can currently be done via GSM or GPS only...how else would you track a car? evades my mind:/....the only possibility is that the hardware that they will install will be a little advance in the sense that it will emit/receive at frequencies not used by the usual tracking systems

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

How much extra they are asking for the fittin of this new device ?
    RIP

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by qwertypoiu View Post
    how much extra they are asking for the fittin of this new device ?
    PKR 5,800
    for this upgrade.

Please reply soon as i have to give them my ok for installation.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Its okay as far as it 1 car but for 5 cars its expensive.

Only an insider can tell correct info.

Because no on knows what they install and where they install it.

On morning i recieved call from company the they cant detect my car plz bring it to workshop. God knows what the problem was and what the replaced but i was handed over bill of 7k.

Well if 50k is not a material amount go for it. Or tell tracker company to convince you.
    RIP

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

first of all u shud thank the Almigh0ty that ur uncle is safe. this happened to my dad too back in 2002 those days car snatching was a common occurrence but none of us had the idea that it cud happen to us too. they also took my dad along and repeatedly threatened him for his life coz when they asked my dad if the car had any security device he denied it and they thought that he was telling a lie. although my dad said he was pretty calm during the scene but when they dropped him infront on KMDC he was shocked as hell as to what just happened none of us were able to sleep that night. from that day we have bought 5 new cars (not all at the same time) but never installed trekker i say whats the point of it nothing is gonna safe ur life so it is better not intimidate these robbers if the car is insured claim it buy a new one instead of driving a recovered vehicle which will not sell coz "is ki return file me FIR lage hui hai". i can say that i have an idea what ur uncle is going thru mentally and everyone shud help him get thru this and those days my dad colleague car was also snatched by his czn (who was 25 at that time) he was dropped on the very same spot got back home. normal. went to sleep and didnt wake up the next morning. this is how depressing these situations can get.

17. 15-12-2011, 07:11 PM

PakWheeler

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by qwertypoiu View Post
    Its okay as far as it 1 car but for 5 cars its expensive.

Only an insider can tell correct info.

Because no on knows what they install and where they install it.

On morning i recieved call from company the they cant detect my car plz bring it to workshop. God knows what the problem was and what the replaced but i was handed over bill of 7k.

Well if 50k is not a material amount go for it. Or tell tracker company to convince you.
    This is for the Corolla: PKR 5,800.

The other car, which doesn't have it installed.
    They are asking PKR 72,000 for new installation. But luckily i happen to have one Unit lying around from a car i recently sold.
    The transferring Fees is around PKR 4,500 and around PKR 14,000 for annual monitoring charges plus PKR 5,800 for the NEW upgrade.
    There are certain other charges too.
    The grand total for this car is around PKR 28,000.

You think i should go ahead?
    Both Cars have Webtrack and other extra option trackker unit.

I guess i would also have to upgrade all the cars trakkers but i've seen threads about how tracker is useless and hence have stopped upgrading them since 2009.

You know this has happened to every single car i have owned and i too got bills after they sorted there issues.
    This is strange.
    Most of my car have C-track trackers installed with their Premium tracker unit.
    Only Recently the City 2009 has the basic unit because Honda people didn't ask me which unit i wanted and installed the basic unit. They called me to exchange the unit but didn't have the time to goto there Workshop.

Quote Originally Posted by atif_rasheed90 View Post
    first of all u shud thank the Almigh0ty that ur uncle is safe. this happened to my dad too back in 2002 those days car snatching was a common occurrence but none of us had the idea that it cud happen to us too. they also took my dad along and repeatedly threatened him for his life coz when they asked my dad if the car had any security device he denied it and they thought that he was telling a lie. although my dad said he was pretty calm during the scene but when they dropped him infront on KMDC he was shocked as hell as to what just happened none of us were able to sleep that night. from that day we have bought 5 new cars (not all at the same time) but never installed trekker i say whats the point of it nothing is gonna safe ur life so it is better not intimidate these robbers if the car is insured claim it buy a new one instead of driving a recovered vehicle which will not sell coz "is ki return file me FIR lage hui hai". i can say that i have an idea what ur uncle is going thru mentally and everyone shud help him get thru this and those days my dad colleague car was also snatched by his czn (who was 25 at that time) he was dropped on the very same spot got back home. normal. went to sleep and didnt wake up the next morning. this is how depressing these situations can get.

There is no FIR on this Car as the stupid police did not participate in the entire operation. There Helpline is also Useless as they didn't even receive my Calls.
    Trakker recovered this vehicle since the robber fled after it was disabled.
    The car was only Jacked for about 45 mins with my uncle being in the car for most of the time.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Sailare View Post
    This is for the Corolla: PKR 5,800.

The other car, which doesn't have it installed.
    They are asking PKR 72,000 for new installation. But luckily i happen to have one Unit lying around from a car i recently sold.
    The transferring Fees is around PKR 4,500 and around PKR 14,000 for annual monitoring charges plus PKR 5,800 for the NEW upgrade.
    There are certain other charges too.
    The grand total for this car is around PKR 28,000.

You think i should go ahead?
    Both Cars have Webtrack and other extra option trackker unit.

I guess i would also have to upgrade all the cars trakkers but i've seen threads about how tracker is useless and hence have stopped upgrading them since 2009.

You know this has happened to every single car i have owned and i too got bills after they sorted there issues.
    This is strange.
    Most of my car have C-track trackers installed with their Premium tracker unit.
    Only Recently the City 2009 has the basic unit because Honda people didn't ask me which unit i wanted and installed the basic unit. They called me to exchange the unit but didn't have the time to goto there Workshop.

There is no FIR on this Car as the stupid police did not participate in the entire operation. There Helpline is also Useless as they didn't even receive my Calls.
    Trakker recovered this vehicle since the robber fled after it was disabled.
    The car was only Jacked for about 45 mins with my uncle being in the car for most of the time.
    all i can say is u got lucky there coz if police wud hav recovered the vehicle there was no guarantee that the car wud have the same equipemnt after the incident. police will get u to give sum chai pani to return ur car and later u'll be surprised that the cd player is missing cng kit is not there and they will say thats how we got it. but the main concern is not the car it is what sumone goes thru mentally and trust me it is not a pleasant memory.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

one of my frd is working in tracking company he tell me k device is same but add one new feature k when if any one trying to jam the device with jammer device automatically shut the car

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by atif_rasheed90 View Post
    very well said brother, very well said!!!
    the trauma from such situations can be huge and live in ur memories for life.
    i think the best thing to safeguard ur car is insurance. tracker and security systems are not very reliable. if GOD FORBID anyone try to take ur car, you can give it and claim insurance. That is the best way IMHO.
    I have seen people become mentally crippled when their life savings (car is a big investment) is taken away from them at gun point. the feeling of 'not being able to do anything about it' kills the person from inside.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

User Tag List