1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Use of credit cards at Petrol Pumps - beware

This happened with me long time back. I got the bill of credit card for around 50k. I was shocked to see the statement in which an additional amount of 45k was charged. I simply dailed the helpline and lodged complaint. He suggested me to pay the minimum amount due. After few days i got the letter from bank that they have reversed the amount and have started investigating. If decided against me they will charge back the amount plus investigation chgs of 250 for local and 750 for int'l transaction.

After few months i got the letter from bank telling me that my claim was valid. I called the bank but he refused to tell me the background story.

After few hours i got a call from an ordinary cell number, telling that he is employee of bank. Since the call is recorded thats why we didnt tell u the story. But it is necessary to tell you so u remain careful in future.

I used the card at petrol pump, the guy noted my details from card and used it on internet. Poor champ purchased some high tech cameras and lenses, and got these delivered at his home address somewhere in landhi. He didnt tell me the name of filling station where he was working.

From that day: i always use cash, not the card, however if i need to use card,I use bank alfalah's card and i get it swiped in front of my eyes.

Bank alfalah card requires temporary activation before we can use it for online transaction.

Sent from Guantanamo Bay using Tapatalk

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by raza1 View Post
    Thats a smart idea to hide cvv. But i have removed all codes from my cards, and have written inside wall of my cupboard.

Signature space available for sale.
    very clever....

u can enter the codes in your phone and add them in contact list as "saleem dubai". No one will find out. And you will have it with you at all times...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by BackToCivicFaiez View Post
    very clever....

u can enter the codes in your phone and add them in contact list as "saleem dubai". No one will find out. And you will have it with you at all times...
    In karachi, the phone goes with the valet, however, thats brilliant idea as well.

Too many najaiz tajawizaat on my Signature Space!

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think use of credit card at petrol pumps is highly risky because many petrol pumps has no secure system for payment. And some employees of petrol pump can do fraud. I have a Hilton Credit Card and I generally avoid to use it on petrol pumps. It is better not to use credit card until the petrol pump has some secure machine. Also, many petrol companies providing a petro cards which also act as a credit card. This is absolutely

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default required cash to swipe my credit card

if any person in lahore near barkat market or any where in lahore know some shop that i can get cash after swipe as nowadays i am in rawalpindi where some person get 2.5-3% after swipe credit card. please as next week i am going to travel in lahore so kindly inform me on 03413416575... thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List