Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default CON ALERT: Lahore Islamabad Motorway

Dear Members,
    This is just to inform all of you regarding a new type of conning I faced while I was returning to Islamabad from Lahore on Tuesday 25th. So, I was travelling with my wife and kid on Tuesday evening. At about 9 o clock, I reached Bhera. While my wife and kid was in the car, I went to the tea counter to get tea. When I came back a 05 blue Honda City stopped just behind my car. A young fellow who was almost 18 or 19 was driving the car while a seemingly simple aunty was sitting next to him. There was two children at the back seat as well. I couldnt figure out their age due to poor visibility. The young guy got out of the car, he was skinny and wearing a black t-shirt with an open buttoned shirt on top. He seemed to belong to some okay family. The boy came to me and asked me; "Bhai, aap sai aik bbat karni hai please". Accent was punjabi. I asked what he wanted to say. He told me that he was travelling with his autie and her kids from Faisalabad to Abbotabad and had spent all his money on fuel already. His auntie "forgot" her purse at home and now they were out of money and fuel. He further said that since I am travelling with my family and seem to be a nice person, I lend him money so that he can return home. I started wondering, in the meanwhile his auntie came out as well and started almost pressurizing me for money. I advised the fellow to goto nearby fuel station or resturant and ask them to lend him money. He told me that this wont help as they will not trust him. He and his aunty were also promising that they will pay me back as soon as they reach home and they have hungry kids at the back seat blah blah blah....

To cut the long story short, eventually I was overwhelmed with "empathy" as the case with most of us middle class Pakistanis and gave him PKR 2000. After receiving the money the aunty said that this is not enough and she needs to feed her kids. My wife came out to intervene and told that lady that this is what we could do and that we were travelling with limited cash as well. The boy asked me for my visitng card, took it, promised me to call back and fled. You can well imagine how women react in such cases, irrespective of the amount involved, so my trip back home was not easy(married fellows will understand) :-).

As I had realized just 30 minutes after the encounter, I never received a call!

Point is due to this conning I am afraid I wont be able to help anyone in a similar situation again even if the other person is in a genuine problem.

Please take this post as an advisory and beware!!

Thank you.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Happens a lot.

Seen a guy on a Honda cg 125 '12 model with wife+ kids asking for petrol money lol

There are many needy people out there who are really in vain and trouble, but the few con artists destroy everything for them, which is the reason i no longer trust anyone who asks for money. It gives me thoughts after, but no way to trust them
    Turbo lag is like foreplay. You know it's coming. And it's gonna be good.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Its one of the oldest tricks in the books.

I faced absolutely similar situation 6 years ago in Faisalabad.

Only I asked the guy for his Nokia 1100 in exchange as the lady also had a phone, to which he started blabbering about 'bheek nahi maangi, pesay nahi denay tau na do, trust ka zamana nahi' etc etc.

I said trust me, you send me the money, and I'll send you the Nokia 1100. He said "what if you don't send me the mobile?". I said "what if you don't send me the money?"

They sat back in the car and went to the next victim.
    A Post-Wh0re is a user who's only aim in life is to increase his post count. He/she gets off by receiving likes and mentions, and considers his post count a medal on his skinny chest. A post-Wh0re is the human equivalent of Chihuahua..bickering pointlessly, effortlessly, permanently.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Totally agree with you...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Avoid helping in CASH, if really want to help anyone.
    YASER

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Nice sharing....
    Leave sooner, drive slower, live longer

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

dude! this is pakistan! at the first place why did u listen to him! simply ur answer should be a straight NO! for sure ALLAH will reward u and ur 2000rs will be multiplied IA! u should have taken something from him as a security of ur money! 2000 ropay k pechay loog apna emaan bech daitay hain! no wonder hamari qaum ka haal aaj aisa ku ha! we dont deserve actually! gooray hum say isi liay bohot agay hai cause they are human beings unlike us! ham musalman hai lakin insaan nahi! so sorry for ur loss! feeling bad that we lost another good guy having a true sense for helping others

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Its an old practice now.
    "The more we sweat in peace, the less we bleed in war"

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

A lesson i have learned by living in Pakistan, the true genuine needy people never ask for money. They just carry on with their lives.

My uncles friend, he was a pilot for Shaheen Air, when he was in Karachi on duty for 3 years, a police man had a severe heart disorder, if not operated on, he would have 2-3 months to survive. With him out of this world, no one would look after his 6 children.

The hospital required 3 lacs. for the operations, and the pilot just gave it, but told them not to disclose his name.

After a successful surgery, the police man still lives today

Always look for needy people in your area, just help them out, a tiny bit even helps.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

this is a trend now a days,genuine persons hardly come out to ask for something,n i assume every case to be fake now
    happened to me,few weeks back
    when i reached home,a guy on bike came to me n then he said that his daughter is very sick n that he needs 500rs and that you can keep my license/cnic and i'll return it after 15 days,well i dont trust any1 so i didnt cared to even see if he had anything real or not,after i went inside,i saw him doing same wid another car then ....
    moral is: u'll encounter these things quite often now,its a norm that they have developed,dont trust any1
    btw didnt you noticed the reg no of that city?though no plate must be fake as well

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Goray iss liye nahi agay, there are other reasons.

Please don't portray goras as sadiq and ameen. They have their own cockroaches. Search for the list of top con-men and scam generators, and you'll see mostly all of them are goras.

Quote Originally Posted by cooldevil View Post
    dude! this is pakistan! at the first place why did u listen to him! simply ur answer should be a straight NO! for sure ALLAH will reward u and ur 2000rs will be multiplied IA! u should have taken something from him as a security of ur money! 2000 ropay k pechay loog apna emaan bech daitay hain! no wonder hamari qaum ka haal aaj aisa ku ha! we dont deserve actually! gooray hum say isi liay bohot agay hai cause they are human beings unlike us! ham musalman hai lakin insaan nahi! so sorry for ur loss! feeling bad that we lost another good guy having a true sense for helping others
    A Post-Wh0re is a user who's only aim in life is to increase his post count. He/she gets off by receiving likes and mentions, and considers his post count a medal on his skinny chest. A post-Wh0re is the human equivalent of Chihuahua..bickering pointlessly, effortlessly, permanently.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

White people do things like this too, if you go to UK, you will see all kinds of people from different nations, eg asians, africans and whites etc. selling you stolen phones, jewelry etc.

It is all about proper upbringing, education and life morals taught by parents which counts.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yes i agree to that bad people are present in every part of the world BUT unfortunately in pakistan the rate of bad people increased significantly! crimes do happen everywhere but we are ahead of them! moreover we are morally finished! yes finished! we have learned our religion in a wrong manner ienly to quote verses and protect ourselves without knowing the original gist of the subject! this included myself also! we cheat each other, do backbiting and what not! we need to improve as a nation together!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

These incidences are MOSTLY fake and we don't spare even mosques. Let me share my three recent experiences inside mosque:

1. A reasonable guy (with his two well dressed kids) asked money for surgery of his third kid and that he is feeling ashamed. I asked him to give the number and name of doctor and hospital and advised him to not worry. I gave him my mobile number but he never called back.

2. Last month an uncle was yelling that his kidneys have failed and that he needs about Rs. 10,000. I asked him to come to this mosque tomorrow zohar time with his medical reports and I will get him medicines and medical tests done........... he never came back.

3. Early this month another uncle was pleading "I am in Allah's house....... I need money for my daughter's rukhsutee, here is the nikah nama.....". I asked him to come and sit with me. Respectlfully I asked him what he needs. He said rukhsutee is on the 27th June (today) and that he needs food for 15 people and something for juhayez. I asked him to give me his home address and mobile number and told him that I will arrange for the marriage. He provided the number and wareabouts of his home but did not give me exact number of house saying that he is in rented house. Last week I called him several time but he never attended to the call

But this should never stop us from spending money for a cause. I always investigate the matter and never hand over cash. There was a real needy person also and I gave him commodities for his daughter's marriage. Even on the day of marriage I sent my driver as guest to his home with a couple of dresses and cash for the bride.

Please spend money in the name of Allah and you will definitely be rewarded. This is my personal experience.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

a few months back, i had parked my car near RA Bazar, Lahore Cantt. My mother went inside for some shopping and after a few minutes a 50+ guy on bike with his kid on back came to driver side and wanted to speak. He said we came from kasur and my kid dropped the money somewhere and we have to fill the petrol in bike so please help us.

I was not sure what to do, so i told him that wait a few minutes and my mother will be coming from market and she has cash ( just to stall ). Meanwhile i checked his bike number on mtmis.punjab.gov.pk from iPhone and got the owner name. Then after a while i took Rs 200 from wallet and came out of car and asking his name and he confirmed it. Then i gave him the money, but he was very surprised how i found his name and asked me many times. Rs 200 should have bought ?2litre of petrol which is enough to reach Kasur. But instead going towards petrol pump near RA Bazar ( Caltex ) he want towards Nishat Colony.
    ...everyone is talking about "revolution" but do they have a "plan" to fix the system? ofcourse not they just want the driving seat!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bango View Post
    Its one of the oldest tricks in the books.

I faced absolutely similar situation 6 years ago in Faisalabad.

Only I asked the guy for his Nokia 1100 in exchange as the lady also had a phone, to which he started blabbering about 'bheek nahi maangi, pesay nahi denay tau na do, trust ka zamana nahi' etc etc.

I said trust me, you send me the money, and I'll send you the Nokia 1100. He said "what if you don't send me the mobile?". I said "what if you don't send me the money?"

They sat back in the car and went to the next victim.
    wah kia mind ha ap ka .ya trick best ha jo bango bhae ny batae ha ,but first ap ucy number note karny ka kahin mob pa .jab wo mob nikaly to ap wohe karin jo bango bhae ny kia ,ta k wo inkar na kar dy k mary pas mob nahe

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    67 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

chooooor he chooooooooor hain yehan
    LEGENDS OF THE NORTH

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro i want to say in future if you are sound enough to help someone in trouble and you think that guy to be genuinely in trouble you should help him . Rest all is his deeds not yours

Leeme tell you an incident happened with my Father(may his soul rest in peace) was travelling from lahore's to Islamabad and a police officer requested him that his bike has been stolen and his wallet has been misplaced my dad gave him lift till Rawalpindi along with some cash I guess 5-7k rupees at that time he was quite thankful to my dad. Later about some months due to business rivalry some one made a fake crime case on my dad and my dad was called at police station all the evidence were against my dad at that time that police officers came he recognised him and said." ye banda aisa hai hi nahi" and my dad was out of trouble

I all wanted to say don't worry about 2krs money comes and goes bit these things are worthy

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    Everything I like is either fatal., illegal, immoral, addictive, expensive or impossible

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the moment when you hand money to a young lad, who acts needy for travelling,
    and see him blowing the money on a zinger 20 minutes later

+1 for bango, +1 for Wanderlust
    we should know how to talk to these guys and judge if they are genuine
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Faced this type of situation twice on motorway.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

User Tag List