Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default CON ALERT: Lahore Islamabad Motorway

Dear Members,
    This is just to inform all of you regarding a new type of conning I faced while I was returning to Islamabad from Lahore on Tuesday 25th. So, I was travelling with my wife and kid on Tuesday evening. At about 9 o clock, I reached Bhera. While my wife and kid was in the car, I went to the tea counter to get tea. When I came back a 05 blue Honda City stopped just behind my car. A young fellow who was almost 18 or 19 was driving the car while a seemingly simple aunty was sitting next to him. There was two children at the back seat as well. I couldnt figure out their age due to poor visibility. The young guy got out of the car, he was skinny and wearing a black t-shirt with an open buttoned shirt on top. He seemed to belong to some okay family. The boy came to me and asked me; "Bhai, aap sai aik bbat karni hai please". Accent was punjabi. I asked what he wanted to say. He told me that he was travelling with his autie and her kids from Faisalabad to Abbotabad and had spent all his money on fuel already. His auntie "forgot" her purse at home and now they were out of money and fuel. He further said that since I am travelling with my family and seem to be a nice person, I lend him money so that he can return home. I started wondering, in the meanwhile his auntie came out as well and started almost pressurizing me for money. I advised the fellow to goto nearby fuel station or resturant and ask them to lend him money. He told me that this wont help as they will not trust him. He and his aunty were also promising that they will pay me back as soon as they reach home and they have hungry kids at the back seat blah blah blah....

To cut the long story short, eventually I was overwhelmed with "empathy" as the case with most of us middle class Pakistanis and gave him PKR 2000. After receiving the money the aunty said that this is not enough and she needs to feed her kids. My wife came out to intervene and told that lady that this is what we could do and that we were travelling with limited cash as well. The boy asked me for my visitng card, took it, promised me to call back and fled. You can well imagine how women react in such cases, irrespective of the amount involved, so my trip back home was not easy(married fellows will understand) :-).

As I had realized just 30 minutes after the encounter, I never received a call!

Point is due to this conning I am afraid I wont be able to help anyone in a similar situation again even if the other person is in a genuine problem.

Please take this post as an advisory and beware!!

Thank you.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I usually tell these people I forgot my purse at home too. Sorry and get away.
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bhalaaey ka zamana he nahen rha
    Let's play doctor doctor!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlust View Post

2. Last month an uncle was yelling that his kidneys have failed and that he needs about Rs. 10,000. I asked him to come to this mosque tomorrow zohar time with his medical reports and I will get him medicines and medical tests done........... he never came back.

3. Early this month another uncle was pleading "I am in Allah's house....... I need money for my daughter's rukhsutee, here is the nikah nama.....". I asked him to come and sit with me. Respectlfully I asked him what he needs. He said rukhsutee is on the 27th June (today) and that he needs food for 15 people and something for juhayez. I asked him to give me his home address and mobile number and told him that I will arrange for the marriage. He provided the number and wareabouts of his home but did not give me exact number of house saying that he is in rented house. Last week I called him several time but he never attended to the call
    I face such situations almost daily... and I always tell them to bring latest medical reports and then I'll help. Beti ki shadi walon ka address note karta hun and then I send my helpers to visit the area to confirm the scenario. After confirmation, I help as much as I can. Allah ki raah main paisa dena chahiye laikin confirm karnay k baad k yeh banda waqai deserve karta hay ya nahin. No one has faltu money to help the professionals.....

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
    How happy is the blameless Vestal's lot... The world forgetting, by the world forgot.
    Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind... Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by adnan573 View Post
    Dear Members,
    This is just to inform all of you regarding a new type of conning I faced while I was returning to Islamabad from Lahore on Tuesday 25th. So, I was travelling with my wife and kid on Tuesday evening. At about 9 o clock, I reached Bhera. While my wife and kid was in the car, I went to the tea counter to get tea. When I came back a 05 blue Honda City stopped just behind my car. A young fellow who was almost 18 or 19 was driving the car while a seemingly simple aunty was sitting next to him. There was two children at the back seat as well. I couldnt figure out their age due to poor visibility. The young guy got out of the car, he was skinny and wearing a black t-shirt with an open buttoned shirt on top. He seemed to belong to some okay family. The boy came to me and asked me; "Bhai, aap sai aik bbat karni hai please". Accent was punjabi. I asked what he wanted to say. He told me that he was travelling with his autie and her kids from Faisalabad to Abbotabad and had spent all his money on fuel already. His auntie "forgot" her purse at home and now they were out of money and fuel. He further said that since I am travelling with my family and seem to be a nice person, I lend him money so that he can return home. I started wondering, in the meanwhile his auntie came out as well and started almost pressurizing me for money. I advised the fellow to goto nearby fuel station or resturant and ask them to lend him money. He told me that this wont help as they will not trust him. He and his aunty were also promising that they will pay me back as soon as they reach home and they have hungry kids at the back seat blah blah blah....

To cut the long story short, eventually I was overwhelmed with "empathy" as the case with most of us middle class Pakistanis and gave him PKR 2000. After receiving the money the aunty said that this is not enough and she needs to feed her kids. My wife came out to intervene and told that lady that this is what we could do and that we were travelling with limited cash as well. The boy asked me for my visitng card, took it, promised me to call back and fled. You can well imagine how women react in such cases, irrespective of the amount involved, so my trip back home was not easy(married fellows will understand) :-).

Point is due to this conning I am afraid I wont be able to help anyone in a similar situation again even if the other person is in a genuine problem.

Thank you.
    Help orphanages. Such acts of begging are common. Do not be disheartened.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Difficult I can do today, impossible will take a little longer.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AZEEMMAJEED View Post
    Bro i want to say in future if you are sound enough to help someone in trouble and you think that guy to be genuinely in trouble you should help him . Rest all is his deeds not yours

I all wanted to say don't worry about 2krs money comes and goes bit these things are worthy

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    When you do something in the path of Allah SWT, Allah SWT either rewards you in this world or the here after
    Turbo lag is like foreplay. You know it's coming. And it's gonna be good.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Send him to traffic police, all stations have offices. That Department can figure out how to help and they are equipped better to handle needy and if - a citizen is needed, police can do it better. Its a common problem in Pakistan another citizen is harressed and confused instead of contacting Department of traffic police .
    ,,, unless you know the track, you're not good enough to sit behind the wheel." K T

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i told about this to my parents and they told me 2 incidents that happened with them

once they were in Faislabad getting fuel in car,there was a person wid his family in a car,came to my dad n said that they donth have money n that they need to back to their village n asked for money,well instead of giving money my dad refilled cng for him,he asked for cell no n till date nothing

second one was in ramzan once,there was a family carrying travelling bags saying they got Pickpocketed and they need money to travel selling some stuff like clock,one person gave them the money strictly warning that he better not see them anywhere again

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Always remember;
    --the first instinct is the true instinct
    --u get a gut feeling that this cannot be true just refuse politely (even to a common begger)
    --still if u intend to pay never consider a loan as a returnable commodity (unless u know the person well enough )
    -- for doubts ask a direct question (like i hope u r not trying to con me ?) and see body language .. google for body language of a liar

the positive side of the picture
    u learned a valuable lesson in rs 2000/- (not a big amount), so lets keep it that way and Inshallah your investment will not go waste
    "You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

and yet again this nation has found another "wrong" way of doing things....i wondered how where wud we be if we had used this "wisdom" i the right direction

PS : u shud have kept his car documents OR ID card....simplest solution

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Really valuable comments from everyone. Totally agree on the point that one should rely on his gut feelings in such situations. And yes, I should have asked for something as a security but cross questioning becomes really difficult especially when a woman is involved...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You can well imagine how women react in such cases, irrespective of the amount involved, so my trip back home was not easy(married fellows will understand) :-).
    I can totally relate to that and I feel sorry for that miserable trip back home lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    Lost in /dev/null

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i have gone through this situation once at canal road lahore near punjab university , when at i was waiting for green light one motor bike having one couple stopped beside me and knocked window, as per lady they have patient in hospital and need urgently some money to buy medicine
    www.facebook.com/AhmadYarsAutoSpa

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Your money is not wasted since your intention was good. They will ultimately be penalized on the day of judgment. This type of con is very common in Saudi Arabia especially on Makkah ~ Medinah highway. The same thing happened with me twice there. Both the time I offered the gentlemen in need to contact police on their behalf and both the times the guys backed out. This never happened with me in Pakistan though.
    Dear Members,

Thank you.
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

100% agree. If you are spending money in Allah's way then with some extra effort spending it wisely shall definitely increase your "sawab."
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlust View Post
    These incidences are MOSTLY fake and we don't spare even mosques. Let me share my three recent experiences inside mosque:

1. A reasonable guy (with his two well dressed kids) asked money for surgery of his third kid and that he is feeling ashamed. I asked him to give the number and name of doctor and hospital and advised him to not worry. I gave him my mobile number but he never called back.

2. Last month an uncle was yelling that his kidneys have failed and that he needs about Rs. 10,000. I asked him to come to this mosque tomorrow zohar time with his medical reports and I will get him medicines and medical tests done........... he never came back.

3. Early this month another uncle was pleading "I am in Allah's house....... I need money for my daughter's rukhsutee, here is the nikah nama.....". I asked him to come and sit with me. Respectlfully I asked him what he needs. He said rukhsutee is on the 27th June (today) and that he needs food for 15 people and something for juhayez. I asked him to give me his home address and mobile number and told him that I will arrange for the marriage. He provided the number and wareabouts of his home but did not give me exact number of house saying that he is in rented house. Last week I called him several time but he never attended to the call

But this should never stop us from spending money for a cause. I always investigate the matter and never hand over cash. There was a real needy person also and I gave him commodities for his daughter's marriage. Even on the day of marriage I sent my driver as guest to his home with a couple of dresses and cash for the bride.

Please spend money in the name of Allah and you will definitely be rewarded. This is my personal experience.
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I was studying near railway station lahore. one day 2 ladies tell me they came from gujranwal and they had less money for travel, they need 20rs for fare. I tells them give me money which you have I will add money from me and send you to gujranwala. both said no give us money we will go, I said give me your money I will send you. they said no, you go we will ask someone else. mostly I saw them near station.
    once I saw same ladies in other area (downside my office) with same thing, that they need money to go there home. after 2 hours I saw them drinking cold drinks from shop.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i came across a same guy for the third time. He comes near you on bike and asks for petrol money and says that he forgot his wallet at home. For the third time i said "bhai abhi perso tow ap aye they" and he ran away with a blank face.
    Honda Civic 99 EK Hatch / Honda Integra 92 DA Coupe
    RIP Adil( @AridSoul)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Pakistani people are good, simple, honest and low crime type. Their only problem is financial. If we have a good economy and welfare system this nation can turn to fastest developing. Gora's have much higher crime rates...their Governments do everything for people (I would say at the expense of poor nations...)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I faced this situation back in 2004/05 on motorway at bhera, never got money back. I was again approached on 7th August at Kalar Kahar, i just smiled at the kid 18-20, auntie and drove away

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Members,

Thank you.
    A lessen learned, My sister and her in laws went for Umrah and they faced a similar situation with ofcourse a "Pakistani family" My sister got sympathy and wanted to help one such couple,

But my sisters father in law interviend saying okay, Il help you, Lets call someone from your family in Pakistan, They pay me il pay you, as soon as someone pays the money to my biker in Pakistan il pay you here simple and the couple just fled away.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

21. 24-08-2013, 10:27 AM

Senior PakWheeler

Reason
    local spammer

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Its not happening is Pakistan... It also happens in Saudia, happened with me so many times in Makkah, Madina, Jeddah not only Pakistani nationality, also from Saudi, Yemeni, Indian, Egyptian, Syrian, Jordanian nationalities... even some of them are on brand new, Ford, older models of Mercedes and BMWs... Most of the time I told them OK you need petrol come with me to Fuel Station I also need to fill my tank so I will also fill it for you, or you need milk for your kid, come with me to market I will purchase for you. After hearing this they flew away and some of them even give abuses to me....

Once or twice my sister and mother asked me Is he your Friend??? I told them no, they are demanding money... Once my sis told me that: Ye to Aap k Pas aysy aya jysy aapka dost ho....
    Toyota Cressida 1982 GL ... Mazda Cx-9 2009... Toyota Corolla 2007 XLI EXECUTIVE (SOLD)...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

User Tag List