Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Snatching at superhighway

Hey Guys:
    Last night we had a horrible incident, I thought to share it here to give you all heads up to beware and cautious while going out on super-highway especially after dark. A group of us friends went for dinner to a motel around 6-8 kms away from toll plaza. The place's name was Usmania. We had two vehicles. One was my friend's Hi-roof and other was mine City. On the way back, my friend was around 2 kms ahead from us as we were bit stuck while crossing the highway. I floored the pedal and after a bit we saw our friend's car parked road-side and some guy was standing by the driver's gate. At first I though there was some problem with the vehicle and I braked a bit but then we saw a chamchamati TT in the guy's left hand, which is facing, deliberately I guess, oncoming traffic, so that no one should dare to stop. The other friends in my car told me not to stop, that seems better idea then. We though to stop and wait at toll plaza but there was no highway police there. So, we travelled till Ancholi, completely traumatized as we didn't have any idea that what happened with us friends. Calling them was a bad idea too as may be some of them have had hidden there phone underneath. We were just praying that they may come out safe. Thanks God no one was harmed, though, they robbed almost 30-40K in terms of cash and mobile phones. The incident took place almost 6 kms before the toll plaza, while coming back KHI.

Later the other friends reached at our rendezvous point. They told us that there were two guys on 125, they got parallel and cocked the gun and shouted to stop else they will shoot. I guess my friend did the right thing and stopped as with suzuki hi-roof you don't have much choice to scoot away.

While we were scooting, we saw another vehicle, a coaster being looted almost 2-3 kms from our friends'. We often visit restaurants on highway but this was our first horrible experience and we saw 2 consecutive incidents. So, I guess may be the looting is on the rise in that area. I would suggest to be cautious while going out especially if you are with family. Take extra care. May God keep all of us safe. Thanks

2. 07-12-2014, 01:24 PM

PakWheeler

3. 07-12-2014, 01:51 PM

PakWheeler

4. 07-12-2014, 02:23 PM

PakWheeler

5. 07-12-2014, 02:51 PM

PakWheeler

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Glad to know you and your friends are fine.
    Almost everyone in Pakistan is doing corruption to the extent they can. Our leaders are doing at the level they can do. So why should we complain?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You could have used High beam or HIDS to make the person holding the gun blind and could have done something with him. I know when a person gets in a situation even an accident, its all about how well you cope with the situation and take measures accordingly. I know I am telling you to use high beams but God forbids if I was at your place I might be more terrified than u.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You could have hit him hard with your car as the person was on drivers side on Highway. But that's just heroic and making yourself more vulnerable. Good that you crossed without stopping. But you should have called police or some other law enforcement like Rangers. There are many Rangers check post at Karachi toll plaza.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by babarhyd View Post
    You could have hit him hard with your car as the person was on drivers side on Highway. But that's just heroic and making yourself more vulnerable. Good that you crossed without stopping. But you should have called police or some other law enforcement like Rangers. There are many Rangers check post at Karachi toll plaza.
    They took 30-40K and if he would have hit the car he would be spending 30-40K on his car so what difference would that make

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

rangers and police useless !!! no one help you..
    Pakistan <3

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by onthehonda View Post
    They took 30-40K and if he would have hit the car he would be spending 30-40K on his car so what difference would that make
    Revenge of the fallen 😈

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes, thanks. It was a huge relief when we saw the friends got out of it safely.

Quote Originally Posted by zia1288 View Post
    Glad to know you and your friends are fine.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

They were pro bro. He was sticking with the car's body. There was no chance that I could have hit him clean , first. Second, there could have been another one. We didn't know that then, but, 99.9% they don't act solo and the other one was either at the front or at the other side of the vehicle. Indeed there were two guys as our friends later described, the one was at the main driver's end making sure that the driver don't make a move and the other one was looting from the other side.
    In general, I am against HIDs. They blind everyone. I get pissed when someone beams it at me, so, I can't do the same to others. Situations like above are not guaranteed to be 100% covered by installing HIDs .
    IDK if we coped with the situations right. But, I think no one got injured or worse, by the absolute grace of Almighty ALLAH, is the best that could happen in such situation.

As one bro said above that Police and Rangers are useless are absolutely right. Rangers don't get into such things unless they are provoked, as it is out of their jurisdictions. I know an incident when public buses are being looted one by one and about half a km away there was a rangers check post. People complaint them and asked them to take action, but, they refused that they don't have orders . Regarding the KHI police, I guess everyone knows what could have happen if we would have approached them. Highway police was one hope but, I couldn't spot one throughout the travel.

Thanks

You could have used High beam or HIDS to make the person holding the gun blind and could have done something with him. I know when a person gets in a situation even an accident, its all about how well you cope with the situation and take measures accordingly. I know I am telling you to use high beams but God forbids if I was at your place I might be more terrified than u.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Exactly, besides, the khuwari and sir dard that follows :O and what if the car broke down after the collision. Would be an absolute nightmare.
    Thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

once I saw this type on incident on highway about 20km before toll plaza I saw two ppl robbing a city and misbehaving with woman in side I used HID and the ans was gun point at my vehicle and a hawai fire I didn't find any police at the stop dedicted to stop at city entering gate or something and ask the ppl their how to contact highway police and the reply from the ppl at there was highway police usally operate at middle of highway they won't be able to help any one I told them there were 2 ppl on one 125 and he said "jab se log highway per lagna na shuru ki hai hum 125 ko yeha se guzarne nahi dete"

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Being Heroic in such circumstances is a very BIG risk !

Glad you and your friends are safe brother.

karachi ka Allah he malik hai

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sorry bro, couldn't fully understand the quoted statement at the very last of your comments. Anyways, about 125 entrance, I am pretty sure that those were some local boys from some near goth etc. cuz they returned back wrong way on the highway. The other party that was robbing another vehicle were scooting in the bushes on the left on the highway. There are people living in that area cuz a very long time ago almost 15-16 years, I was traveling to Hyderabad with my uncle and we gave lift to a police-wala from the toll plaza and we dropped him on road-side and the guy went into the bushes and vanished and there was absolutely no sign of any population there. It was dark and almost nothing was visible from the car, our driver knew the people and said that they are living in this area for a very long time.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    once I saw this type on incident on highway about 20km before toll plaza I saw two ppl robbing a city and misbehaving with woman in side I used HID and the ans was gun point at my vehicle and a hawai fire I didn't find any police at the stop dedicted to stop at city entering gate or something and ask the ppl their how to contact highway police and the reply from the ppl at there was highway police usally operate at middle of highway they won't be able to help any one I told them there were 2 ppl on one 125 and he said "jab se log highway per lagna na shuru ki hai hum 125 ko yeha se guzarne nahi dete"

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List