Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default UBL Debit Card Fraud

Aoa guys,

As the topic says, few months back i got robbed via electronic card. I possess a UBL account and own a debit card (Mega Wallet). My card information was leaked from somewhere and somebody made a duplicate/fake card. That person used that card for shopping at known merchants like McDonald's, TOTAL, Raja Sahib, Hush Puppies. At that time i had approx. Rs. 35,000 in my account and he got it all within few minutes time. The next day i was at a restaurant and gave my card for the payment and it got declined. I called UBL customer services center, the representative told me that your account balance is almost zero and you have shopped at several merchants yesterday. It was a shock to me as i didn't receive any SMS of the transactions. I logged the complaint at UBL customer services center via email on August 25th, 2014. Next day i went to the shops where my card was used, to investigate what actually happened and to check the signature on receipts, luckily i got the copy of the transaction slips, the most surprising thing was that the cardholder name on the slip wasn't of mine but the card no and the expiry date was same. Initially UBL gave me 45 days time to resolve my issue, after that they gave me another 30 days time. Now its been more than 8 months, my case is still under process and UBL is giving me no positive sign that they will reimburse my amount. This is the UBL's biggest security breach that there information is not secure and anyone with the access can just make a copy of your debit cards. Need your suggestions how can i recover my hard earned money from UBL.

Thanks, Zohaib!

UBL Debit Card Fraud -1560225

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ highroller

Check your inbox.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

In 2008 I got bill which indicates my card is physically used in Malaysia. While I was not there. These banks never accept their mistakes . They give me credit but never issue me letter
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Xohaib: Sorry bud to hear about your loss. I have been a UBL customer for nearly 8 years now and believe me its one the sickest bank around. Please lodge a complain with State Bank and am pretty sure you would hear back from then sooner or the later.

For future please make sure you take a complaint number while lodging a complain on the help desk.

P.s: All the big banks are like that(exceptions excluded) better to move to smaller banks where they value smaller customers like you and me. I found bank Islami the best in these terms. Heard good reviews for JS bank too

Quote Originally Posted by xohaib View Post
    Aoa guys,

As the topic says, few months back i got robbed via electronic card. I possess a UBL account and own a debit card (Mega Wallet). My card information was leaked from somewhere and somebody made a duplicate/fake card. That person used that card for shopping at know merchants like McDonald's, TOTAL, Raja Sahib, Hush Puppies. At that time i had approx. Rs. 35,000 in my account and he got it all within few minutes time. The next day i was at a restaurant and gave my card for the payment and it got declined. I called UBL customer services center, the representative told me that your account balance is almost zero and you have shopped at several merchants yesterday. It was a shock to me as i didn't receive any SMS of the transactions. I logged the complaint at UBL customer services center via email on August 25th, 2014. Next day i went to the shops where my card was used, to investigate what actually happened and to check the signature on receipts, luckily i got the copy of the transaction slips, the most surprising thing was that the cardholder name on the slip wasn't of mine but the card no and the expiry date was same. Initially UBL gave me 45 days time to resolve my issue, after that they gave me another 30 days time. Now its been more than 8 months, my case is still under process and UBL is giving me no positive sign that they will reimburse my amount. This is the UBL's biggest security breach that there information is not secure and anyone with the access can just make a copy of your debit cards. Need your suggestions how can i recover my hard earned money from UBL.

Thanks, Zohaib!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by xohaib View Post
    Aoa guys,

As the topic says, few months back i got robbed via electronic card. I possess a UBL account and own a debit card (Mega Wallet). My card information was leaked from somewhere and somebody made a duplicate/fake card. That person used that card for shopping at know merchants like McDonald's, TOTAL, Raja Sahib, Hush Puppies. At that time i had approx. Rs. 35,000 in my account and he got it all within few minutes time. The next day i was at a restaurant and gave my card for the payment and it got declined. I called UBL customer services center, the representative told me that your account balance is almost zero and you have shopped at several merchants yesterday. It was a shock to me as i didn't receive any SMS of the transactions. I logged the complaint at UBL customer services center via email on August 25th, 2014. Next day i went to the shops where my card was used, to investigate what actually happened and to check the signature on receipts, luckily i got the copy of the transaction slips, the most surprising thing was that the cardholder name on the slip wasn't of mine but the card no and the expiry date was same. Initially UBL gave me 45 days time to resolve my issue, after that they gave me another 30 days time. Now its been more than 8 months, my case is still under process and UBL is giving me no positive sign that they will reimburse my amount. This is the UBL's biggest security breach that there information is not secure and anyone with the access can just make a copy of your debit cards. Need your suggestions how can i recover my hard earned money from UBL.

Thanks, Zohaib!

SBP consumer complaint.

State Bank of Pakistan - The Central Bank

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by VCheng View Post
    The important lesson to learn here is to use credit cards, not debit cards.
    Not really, bank will chase you for payment no matter and untill you pay it off it wont be settled. If you wont pay you will be declared defaulter.
    RIP

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by qwertypoiu View Post
    Not really, bank will chase you for payment no matter and untill you pay it off it wont be settled. If you wont pay you will be declared defaulter.
    At least with credit cards, you have a chance to contest the charges before any payments are made, while debit cards take the money out first. Any contested charges do not have to be paid until final adjudication.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

At least with credit cards, you have a chance to contest the charges before any payments are made, while debit cards take the money out first. Any contested charges do not have to be paid until final adjudication.
    One always has to pay off the said amount even if the transaction is disputed in case of credit card.
    RIP

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

One always has to pay off the said amount even if the transaction is disputed in case of credit card.
    That must be a uniquely Pakistani thing, then, and rather unfair. International practices are what I have described above.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ vtecyo

Quote Originally Posted by vtecyo View Post
    Thanks for the Link, i have tried earlier to log the complaint here, but unfortunately there drop down menus are empty, not sure if its a browser issue or what.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@mbkhan83

Quote Originally Posted by mbkhan83 View Post
    Xohaib: Sorry bud to hear about your loss. I have been a UBL customer for nearly 8 years now and believe me its one the sickest bank around. Please lodge a complain with State Bank and am pretty sure you would hear back from then sooner or the later.

For future please make sure you take a complaint number while lodging a complain on the help desk.

P.s: All the big banks are like that(exceptions excluded) better to move to smaller banks where they value smaller customers like you and me. I found bank Islami the best in these terms. Heard good reviews for JS bank too
    You are right brother. I am not going to spare them.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

That must be a uniquely Pakistani thing, then, and rather unfair. International practices are what I have described above.
    No really this is followed internationally. One has to pay at least the minimum amount by due date and you will have to pay the interest.
    RIP

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

No really this is followed internationally. One has to pay at least the minimum amount by due date and you will have to pay the interest.
    The minimum payment is something else. Perhaps I was not clear. Say you charge 50,000 on your credit card, but the bill comes to 65,000 and you contest the 15,000 in fraudulent charges. You only have to pay the 50,000 until the contested amount is adjudicated. That is the international practice. If the case goes against you, then you are also liable for the late charges on that 15,000. Or you pay nothing if the case goes in your favor.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

No thats not correct. They take off the amount from your Statement however, if he decision is made against you then its again posted back on your account. I have personally gone through this.

That's one of the plus point of using a Credit Card In Pakistan.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Correct. Same happened with me too.

The minimum payment is something else. Perhaps I was not clear. Say you charge 50,000 on your credit card, but the bill comes to 65,000 and you contest the 15,000 in fraudulent charges. You only have to pay the 50,000 until the contested amount is adjudicated. That is the international practice. If the case goes against you, then you are also liable for the late charges on that 15,000. Or you pay nothing if the case goes in your favor.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

write to banking mohtasib. all banks have displayed their contact info.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by huzaifa.haroon View Post
    UBL khud hi fraud hay , kabhi bhi UBL kay check se aik dafa me paisay nahi milay , hamesha 2-3 chakar lagtay hain beshaq paisay account me bhi hun!
    Yesterday , i tried withdrawing money from MCB , all atm gave error but my dad got msg of withdrawal so he called them and they said it was falsely generated no issues!
    UBL is the worst bank!
    Not a big deal here with ATM once I tried to transact money from my mom meezan bank ATM card the machine give me error then I tried 2 time and some results but she receive message that I have withdrawal the money she told me about this message then I called meezan bank and complaint about it and they told me that acha hoya sir k ap ne call pe bataya yeh issue common hai ATM error and after half an hour the money is back to account

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

you should have asked for the cctv footage on who used duplicate card at places such as mcdonald and hush puppies. then you could track down that person with the help of police and hopefully get him arrested. Bickering with banks hardly works as their procedures are pre defined with almost no roam for change.
    20GB Free Online Storage: Sign-up Now: https://copy.com?r=CPom47

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Let me shed some light on ur issue
    Recently shell Pakistan faced the same scam on their shell card.
    Telenor pakistan was purchasing fuel from shell sites on shell card for their towers and they invoiced them after 15 days from years . Last year in march i think, when shell invoiced them telenor said that there are some transection which are not of them and that was almost 50000 ltrs of diesel almost 6 million rupees
    all transection were made in jhang and some near parco oil refinery lyyah and multan. When they investigated it was found that site in jhang was involved and telenor person also they put a small device on the card machine and hack the magmatic strip data and put them on old cards expired one and swap them on different sites

In ur case you must check where was the last transection you made before that restaurant it will be shown on ur account statement u can investigate them by your own or if u have pawa then by police less renowned places are mostly involved in this always use ur cards on some reputed places thanks

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

aslam o alikum bro listion carefully

bhai mery sath yehi kam ho chuka hy but aap ki pos hoi hy but mery card ki copy ban k pin code say pese nikly thy..aap k bank ka koi kasoor nai hy is main fault aap k end pay hyy card aap say copy hoa hy ab kahan hoa hy yeh aap socho kisi atm pay copier laga tha ya kisi nay aap ka card nikal k copy kia hy..... aor aap yeh kesey saabit karo g ay k shopping aap nay nai ki ya aap nay apna card kisi ko nai dia tha shopping k liey???? (dont mind) main is liey keh raha hoon kio k mere sath yeh ho chuka hy or cash bhi kisi or city k kisi or bank k atm say nikaala gea tha... mujhy 3 months lagy case jeetny main woh bhi is tara jeet gea k jis bank ki atm pay copier laga tha us bank nay state bank ko inform kar dia data un cards ka jo un dino main wahan use hoey thy or mera case win karny k liey proof mil gea or mery bank nay pese claim karwa diey ..other wise aap jo marzi kar lo at the end aap proof kar hi nai sakty k duplicatecard bana bhi hy or use bhi aap nay nai kia...... main nay vdo or secreen shots tak nikalwa liey thy banda bhi koi unknown tha hood pehna hoa tha us nay but main yeh kesey saabat karta k us bandy ko card main nay apna nai dia tha any how aap state bank ko foran complaint karo or wait karo or please aap is ko loss hi samjho kio k i dont think so k aap ko pese refund hoon ***....or agar zor lagana hi hy to main apna contact number day raha hoon aap contact kar lena main aap ko detail main bata doon ga k aap ko kia karna chahey ....regards usman 03476600224

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Do we have paypass technology in Pakistan?.....I used credit cards before in Pakistan but now i will only use cash as its better instead of getting card blocked and then contest charges...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

User Tag List