Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default UBL Debit Card Fraud

Aoa guys,

As the topic says, few months back i got robbed via electronic card. I possess a UBL account and own a debit card (Mega Wallet). My card information was leaked from somewhere and somebody made a duplicate/fake card. That person used that card for shopping at known merchants like McDonald's, TOTAL, Raja Sahib, Hush Puppies. At that time i had approx. Rs. 35,000 in my account and he got it all within few minutes time. The next day i was at a restaurant and gave my card for the payment and it got declined. I called UBL customer services center, the representative told me that your account balance is almost zero and you have shopped at several merchants yesterday. It was a shock to me as i didn't receive any SMS of the transactions. I logged the complaint at UBL customer services center via email on August 25th, 2014. Next day i went to the shops where my card was used, to investigate what actually happened and to check the signature on receipts, luckily i got the copy of the transaction slips, the most surprising thing was that the cardholder name on the slip wasn't of mine but the card no and the expiry date was same. Initially UBL gave me 45 days time to resolve my issue, after that they gave me another 30 days time. Now its been more than 8 months, my case is still under process and UBL is giving me no positive sign that they will reimburse my amount. This is the UBL's biggest security breach that there information is not secure and anyone with the access can just make a copy of your debit cards. Need your suggestions how can i recover my hard earned money from UBL.

Thanks, Zohaib!

UBL Debit Card Fraud -1560225

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I lost 45000 with SCB Debit card transaction as made in Common wealth London using clone,Fraud Management unit blocked my card and i was issued new card.I got my money back in 50 Days.

From sources I found at out that My card data was scanned on Bharia town RWP (SCB ATM) and clone was created and used in London.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by alikhan7 View Post
    I lost 45000 with SCB Debit card transaction as made in Common wealth London using clone,Fraud Management unit blocked my card and i was issued new card.I got my money back in 50 Days.

From sources I found at out that My card data was scanned on Bharia town RWP (SCB ATM) and clone was created and used in London.
    Fraud everywhere.
    Always respect your parents

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Which SCB Bahria ATM you used? One at PSO pump near Arena, or the two machines ATM at SCB Branch near the corporate office in Phase I?
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by autophile View Post
    Which SCB Bahria ATM you used? One at PSO pump near Arena, or the two machines ATM at SCB Branch near the corporate office in Phase I?
    Phase 1 near Safari villas

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Phase 1 near Safari villas
    Damn, I have been going there quite frequently for the past one year. But after your incident they might have removed it. BTW don't they have 24 CCTV recording of their ATM area? But this is Pakistan hardly anyone would be rewinding and seeing all the footage.
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What the Eff?
    https://www.facebook.com/hidefcars

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I don't know whats wrong with UBL, more transactions are debited on my same account on 15th June 2015. My ATM card is already blocked, and it was returned to UBL in January 2015. I called there helpline and they confirmed that the transactions are done with the ATM card but they don't have any answer that how the transactions are made on a blocked card. I have logged a case again and its in process. You keep your money in bank for the peace of mind not for getting mental torture by logging the complaints again and again and waiting for its resolutions which takes more than 10 months. This time i am really going to take some serious action against UBL. If they are not capable to secure there clients money they should close this bank immediately.

UBL Debit Card Fraud -1590326

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by xohaib View Post
    I don't know whats wrong with UBL, more transactions are debited on my same account on 15th June 2015. My ATM card is already blocked, and it was returned to UBL in January 2015. I called there helpline and they confirmed that the transactions are done with the ATM card but they don't have any answer that how the transactions are made on a blocked card. I have logged a case again and its in process. You keep your money in bank for the peace of mind not for getting mental torture by logging the complaints again and again and waiting for its resolutions which takes more than 10 months. This time i am really going to take some serious action against UBL. If they are not capable to secure there clients money they should close this bank immediately.

Ubl is the worst bank i came across.
    Use standard chartered , Meezan or HBL
    Always respect your parents

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by VCheng View Post
    The important lesson to learn here is to use credit cards, not debit cards.
    Best is to use prepaid cards or cloud cards. Like mcb wallet

Load it with amount u want to use n no worries after use and ur main account is not exposed.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, help me to remember that Your love is greater than my disappointment and Your plans for my life are better than my Dreams.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The complaint has been finally resolved. I got my money back from UBL. I logged the complaint at State Bank of Pakistan, and within few days time the money is back in my account. Thanks to State Bank of Pakistan!!!
    Congratulations!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, help me to remember that Your love is greater than my disappointment and Your plans for my life are better than my Dreams.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Jahaan pe transaction hui thi wahaan se footage nikalwani thi na bhai, Bandey ka pata chal jaata toh baaki recovery aap police se bhi karwa sakte thei.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default ubl

congtrats for your money back , bro vesay koi rule tu hota hai POS transactions ka, POS machine un account holders ko istimaal kay liyay di jati hain jinkay pass credit account ho. aur ye log ba-qaida visit krtay hain location ki kay ap kis tarah kay business kay liyay lay rhay hain.. aur shayad camera ki bhi restriction hoti hain kay jahan per ye machine ho vahan per aik camera tu zaroor ho.. aur zohaib bhai what you are saying now is absolutely a case of mental torture when these type of banks are a hurdle for every transactions of yours peacefully. if i were you i will definitely tore up the previous atm card into pieces and order a new one. who knew what was scanned before as a clone copy. anyhow definitely its a case of failure in securing such type of daily routine bank stuff and i am also considering to record telephonic discussion between us and the staff of bank helpline .. and will damn send it right away with attached all of these documents and audio, if matter is not in fully grasp of our hand according to your will within the month ...because we all know that these types of banks do business in a profit sharing way then why they even don't consider to make some more strict laws for pakistan against such type of cases. and like in Saudi Arabia one of the guy here mentioned about password input at every POS transaction, thats a GoOod step i guess

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

sorry to hear about your story, someone used a SKIMMER to copy your card, use a chip based card although there is no gurantee, dont give away your card while paying your bill ,ask them to bring the machines to you or pay cash
    Twin cam sixteen Vaalve da sticker Nikki jeyee gaddi utte

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by VCheng View Post
    The important lesson to learn here is to use credit cards, not debit cards.
    us se kya ho ga? us se to zyada nuqsan ho sakta he

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

There was a program on ARY News where the person caught was selling duplicate ATM's cards of balance of Rs 1 Lakh for 5000Rs and advice the user to shop in one day and then destroy the card, all made in Lahore , Master, Visa etc
    |-- Never base your life decisions on advice from people who don't have to deal with the results --|

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

if your card is VISA or mastercard, if UBL doesnt listen to your complaints contact directly VISA or MAstercard. All fraudulent transactions should normally be refunded by the bank same day while they investigate transactions thats I am talking about internationally. It normally also involve taking affidavit from your that you didnt make those transactions. Banks should be helpful to customers. If they dont, best is to switch bank.
    Chip and Pin is the answer to card skimming practice that is started with any of the shop who copied your card details So do analyse it. Refrain from using card at dodgy places, always keep an eye on your card while being charged it shouldnt be away under the desk for quick swap to copy it.
    Cover with other hand while entering your ATM pin!
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Is it possible to ask the restaurants/fast food places to bring the POS transaction machine at your table and then swipe it? Has anyone tried it ever? I have recently been issued a Credit Card by Askari Bank and I own a Meezan Bank Visa Debit Card, but after hearing all these frauds, I can't risk my money/cards. At the same time, I hate carrying cash For my own safety against online frauds, I have removed the CVV Security Code at the back of my Credit card. But I don't know how to avoid these skimmings. I avoid going using ATMs, but I don't know what to do in case of POS transactions especially at Restaurants.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

User Tag List