Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default IJC Celeberating 14 th August 09 on NOORI TOP

Dear Friends of IJC

Islamabad Jeep Club is going to celebrate 14 th August our Independence Day on Noori Top.

Insha Allah we will fly High the Flag of our beloved Country Pakistan on Noori Top.

More details of the journey will be uploaded soon.

Thanx

All IJC Members

IJC Celeberating 14 th August 09 on NOORI TOP -602333
    -It is always Man behind the Machine.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

desertdevil wrote

Not one of the best, but "the best" trip of my life. Sportsmanship, friendship, back breaking offroading, endurance, expertise from driving to cooking to arrangement and management, to sacrifice and to accomodate fellow friends was witnessed at the highest standards. Alhamdollilah it went flawless. Thanks to all the friends that made this possible and thanks to those who couldnt but were constantly following us over various communication modes. Each and everyone contributed in making this a memorable trip.......and that would include copy copy

Pics are coming and will keep coming and guys when i say they will keep coming, i definitely mean it

This is a summarized version

My journey started around 1900 on 13th with Hassan and Husnain, they were on Hassan's Willy truck and I took my CJ. Hassan's truck got a flat tire, as it was being changed, the studs fell in the drum and to open that.. HUSNAIN was the MAN.. the dedication and commitment to help others in him is commendable. Finally the studs were fixed and we moved on.. We found a puncher fixer and got the tire fixed. We reached Naran around 0700 on 14th. We tried to go up the track to lake but didn’t and parked our vehicles at a hotel, opted to hire a jeep and go up. Man that local jeep driver was one...... Finally we reached the Lake and walked to the site where the rest of the gang had camped. A very warm welcome was given and is much appreciated. The breakfast was cooked by Juma Khan (many thanks to him).

We came back to naran where I decided that I will take my CJ to noori top and Hassan will ride with me. I drove all this way to climb to noori and I was not going to back off now.. .. We started the journey again and man it was a sight to see... The road to Noori base was amazing.... Now the track came in front of us. The track was very challenging and YES as Desert Devil said..“Sportsmanship, friendship, back breaking offroading, endurance, expertise from driving to cooking to arrangement and management, to sacrifice and to accommodate fellow friends was witnessed at the highest standards”

The night was COLD (obviously) and that did separate a few boys from men .. Jahangir was kind enough o accommodate us (Hassan, Husnain and myself) in his large tent with the beddings and Kashif was kind enough o provide me with the sleeping bag as I do not have any camping gear left…. I got up at 0700 on 15th.. Shabab was kind enough to help me get the CJ’s starter kicking as it was jammed due to cold..

The breakfast was cooking as we got Jahangir to wake up and we went to the near by stream running from a glacier to freshenup.. Man the water was COLD (obviously) but I thoroughly enjoyed. Had the Bfast and we all started the ride back. I was the tail runner when we were coming up and I was the lead as we were going down. It was kind enough of Hassan to accompany me downhill to naran and Shabab / Jahangir to keep a watchful eye behind us all the way.. Thanks Guys…

We finally reached naran, Hassan and I went up to the hotel to get his truck… started back the journey with the convoy… I was DAM LOW ON FULE by this time so I opted to rush of to get some fuel… I finally found some near balakot. Due to this I had to pass by all the convoy and it was kind enough of Asad bhai / Ishtiaq / Juma to come after me as my radio antenna wire got diss and I was wondering why it was so silent.. By the time I realized and connected it back.. I was far far ahead.. Anyways.. We had lunch and headed down… Got together with the whole convoy …

Ali / Omer were kind enough to invite us on the way back to their place in Abottabad. Hassan and Husnain did not accompany us to their place as there was some medical emergency at Husnains end and went ahead. We had a wonderful time there and the place is immaculate. We said our goodbyes to Ishtiaq / Juma and Kashif there as they left for Peshawar.

As soon as we hit the motorway.. I could see a storm brewing and it meant trouble for me as my CJ’s softtop needs replacement and I knew I was in trouble. To add insult to injury.. as soon as I flipped the wiper switch.. the motor was running but the arms wernt… MAN that was a nightmare.. It reminded me of the time we were coming back from Lahore…. .. Asad bhai and NN was kind enough to drive infront and Shabab and Jahangir to ride behind me… We finally stopped under a bridge before ISB golra turn. Shabab brought the handheld light and I fixed the dam wiper ARM….. Said our goodbyes there and started off to home…. Got home by 0145 on 16th….

And as DesertDevil said.. “"the best" trip of my life”

The partners who could not make it on this trip their absence was felt very strongly and were missed dearly.

A special thank and respect to Hassan and Husnain as if it wasn’t for them.. I couldn’t have gone on this trip from start amd thankyou all who were present and who kept track of us..

Ali
    Asad
    Ehsan
    Hassan
    Husnain
    Ishtiaq
    Jahangir
    Juma
    Kashif
    Nn
    Omer
    Shabab
    and the friends and family of above who acompanied us (sorry about forgeting the names).. Thankyou

Rgds,
    The Pink Panther
    A wise monkey never monkies w/ another monkey's monkey!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

CONGRATULATIONS IJC for celebrating the Independance day so beutifully in its own style.

Credit goes to the managers, drivers, participants and the well wishers for a safe, adventrous and endurance testing trip. ALHAMDOLILLAH.

Special thanks and appreciation for Ehsan kiani and Asad (desertdevil) for taking so much pain to make this trip a success.

Myself and many others who missed this trip will certainly regret for the rest of their lives for missing such a lovely event.
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^^ Excellent elaboration !
    http://www.haseebawan.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Superb (Y)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by pinkpanther

desertdevil wrote

Not one of the best, but "the best" trip of my life. Sportsmanship, friendship, back breaking offroading, endurance, expertise from driving to cooking to arrangement and management, to sacrifice and to accomodate fellow friends was witnessed at the highest standards. Alhamdollilah it went flawless. Thanks to all the friends that made this possible and thanks to those who couldnt but were constantly following us over various communication modes. Each and everyone contributed in making this a memorable trip.......and that would include copy copy

Pics are coming and will keep coming and guys when i say they will keep coming, i definitely mean it

My journey started around 1900 on 13th with Hassan and Husnain, they were on Hassan's Willy truck and I took my CJ. Hassan's truck got a flat tire, as it was being changed, the studs fell in the drum and to open that.. HUSNAIN was the MAN.. the dedication and commitment to help others in him is commendable. Finally the studs were fixed and we moved on.. We found a puncher fixer and got the tire fixed. We reached Naran around 0700 on 14th. We tried to go up the track to lake but didn’t and parked our vehicles at a hotel, opted to hire a jeep and go up. Man that local jeep driver was one...... Finally we reached the Lake and walked to the site where the rest of the gang had camped. A very warm welcome was given and is much appreciated. The breakfast was cooked by Juma Khan (many thanks to him).

We came back to naran where I decided that I will take my CJ to noori top and Hassan will ride with me. I drove all this way to climb to noori and I was not going to back off now.. .. We started the journey again and man it was a sight to see... The road to Noori base was amazing.... Now the track came in front of us. The track was very challenging and YES as Desert Devil said..“Sportsmanship, friendship, back breaking offroading, endurance, expertise from driving to cooking to arrangement and management, to sacrifice and to accommodate fellow friends was witnessed at the highest standards”

The night was COLD (obviously) and that did separate a few boys from men .. Jahangir was kind enough o accommodate us (Hassan, Husnain and myself) in his large tent with the beddings and Kashif was kind enough o provide me with the sleeping bag as I do not have any camping gear left…. I got up at 0700 on 15th.. Shabab was kind enough to help me get the CJ’s starter kicking as it was jammed due to cold..

The breakfast was cooking as we got Jahangir to wake up and we went to the near by stream running from a glacier to freshenup.. Man the water was COLD (obviously) but I thoroughly enjoyed. Had the Bfast and we all started the ride back. I was the tail runner when we were coming up and I was the lead as we were going down. It was kind enough of Hassan to accompany me downhill to naran and Shabab / Jahangir to keep a watchful eye behind us all the way.. Thanks Guys…

We finally reached naran, Hassan and I went up to the hotel to get his truck… started back the journey with the convoy… I was DAM LOW ON FULE by this time so I opted to rush of to get some fuel… I finally found some near balakot. Due to this I had to pass by all the convoy and it was kind enough of Asad bhai / Ishtiaq / Juma to come after me as my radio antenna wire got diss and I was wondering why it was so silent.. By the time I realized and connected it back.. I was far far ahead.. Anyways.. We had lunch and headed down… Got together with the whole convoy …

Ali / Omer were kind enough to invite us on the way back to their place in Abottabad. Hassan and Husnain did not accompany us to their place as there was some medical emergency at Husnains end and went ahead. We had a wonderful time there and the place is immaculate. We said our goodbyes to Ishtiaq / Juma and Kashif there as they left for Peshawar.

As soon as we hit the motorway.. I could see a storm brewing and it meant trouble for me as my CJ’s softtop needs replacement and I knew I was in trouble. To add insult to injury.. as soon as I flipped the wiper switch.. the motor was running but the arms wernt… MAN that was a nightmare.. It reminded me of the time we were coming back from Lahore…. .. Asad bhai and NN was kind enough to drive infront and Shabab and Jahangir to ride behind me… We finally stopped under a bridge before ISB golra turn. Shabab brought the handheld light and I fixed the dam wiper ARM….. Said our goodbyes there and started off to home…. Got home by 0145 on 16th….

The partners who could not make it on this trip their absence was felt very strongly and were missed dearly.

A special thank and respect to Hassan and Husnain as if it wasn’t for them.. I couldn’t have gone on this trip from start amd thankyou all who were present and who kept track of us..

Ali
    Asad
    Ehsan
    Hassan
    Husnain
    Ishtiaq
    Jahangir
    Juma
    Kashif
    Nn
    Omer
    Shabab
    and the friends and family of above who acompanied us (sorry about forgeting the names).. Thankyou

Rgds,
    The Pink Panther

Very detailed 1, tough ride U had - almost 24Hrs Non Stop till Nuri Top from Isloo, few last corners before reaching the top are really testing. Great work again IJC Team
    When Nothing else do the Job "ҐЄຊ๓ પฑḭ₥φ౸" has the solution. http://www.facebook.com/team.unimog

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^^^Detailed and sumarised tour log.....missed it this time but not forever....
    Still Play with Mogs... DeeMog 421.129 1986... http://www.youtube.com/user/DeeMog421
    http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/4x4-clubs-off-roaders-suv/87109-team-unimog-punga-project

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

More pics plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Still Play with Mogs... DeeMog 421.129 1986... http://www.youtube.com/user/DeeMog421
    http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/4x4-clubs-off-roaders-suv/87109-team-unimog-punga-project

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Every1 tooks loadsss of pictures there!!

Whys every1 taking foreverrrrrrrrrrr to upload them?
    There ain't no mud deep enough and no mountain high enough when you've got a LAND ROVER

nn
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

IJC salutes Pakistan's Flag

IJC Celeberating 14 th August 09 on NOORI TOP -980635

Line-up at Noori Top before return journey

IJC Celeberating 14 th August 09 on NOORI TOP -980636

IJC Celeberating 14 th August 09 on NOORI TOP -980637

nn
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Some trivia from me

Total trip duration 3 days (13supth/sup-15supth/sup August)

Oldest person on the trip – Me (thanks every one for all the respect)

Total people on the trip - 19

Youngest person – someone please come forward, otherwise I will nominate Untame, as he was the most energetic especially with his Safari.

Total distance travelled from ISB to ISB - 710km

Any major incident during the trip – None Alhamdolillah

Total Hours of travelling-40 hours approx (does not apply to Pinky/maledude/Sansyed)

13supth/sup- Left ISB 7.30, reached Saiful-Maluk 22.30 (15hours

14supth/sup Left Saiful-Maluk 11.00, reached Noori Top 20.00 (9 hours)

15supth/sup Left Noori Top 10.30, Reached ISB (home) 02.30 (16 hours)

Above give a measly figure of 17.75 km / hour during travelling phase (includes all kinds of breaks, including food, breakdowns, cigarettes, call of natures etc)

Six diesel and 1 Petrol 4X4 on the trip

LC FZ100 fuel consumption of total trip 3.9km/litre

Most sickening ride / worst driving – LC 100 with me driving, (honestly ask both my navigators/ co-passenger, how many time they became sick/ vomited)

Toilet locator near camp sites! – Untamed Nissan Safari!!

Only one wanting to sleep alone in the camp with some fishy inflatable thing on both nights during the trip – Desert devil!!

Only vehicle whose bonnet did not need opening during whole trip – LC FZ100

(Sorry above is a lie, I did open it to help jump start someone, don’t want to mention which one, but what did they expect with their British vehicle!!!)

LC FZ100 went up to Lake Saiful-Maluk without the need for engaging 4X4 let alone 4L.

Did it all in 2H, I am both amazed and proud about this capability).

Best Navigators I could have asked for during the trip – Fishak and Sansyed both (but I still made them sick!!):A

Number of times the words Copy n Roger said on the walkie talkies during the trip – sorry lost count after 5 millionth time!!!

Food Cooked by Juma Khan – Zabardast +++

Phenomenal driving/ travelling stamina – Pinky (over 26 hours in almost one stretch) male

dude and Sansyed weren’t driving during Noori Top journeys

Any major accident during trip – None (but untamed Safari did try to run over a poor Mehran!!)

Lucky escape of the trip – Ehsan Kiani’s Cherokee breaking 3 bolts on the front wheel, with remaining 3 nuts losing their thread partially, and still Allah saved every one from any accident. Sadqa must be given, Ehsan.)

Special breaks arranged at Abbotabad – Ehsan Kiani n Charged Brothers (thank you all very much)

Sleeping bags n tents arranged for me – Mir n Fishak (thank you both)

Cold weather preparation by me – excellent, until my Jacket n woolly hat were nicked n worn by my navigators!!

Marks for friendliness, cooperation, helpfulness, patience, lifetime memories during the trip – 12/10

toofast edit: done

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

One wonderful n lifetime memorable trip it was

I would like to thank all those who made this a successfull event at 13200 feet above the Sea level

A short description of the Team IJC

" In Scorching Deserts, In Killing Heat, At Blood Freezing Mountains No Roads no tracks to walk, Hand in Hand riding Mighty Rigs, Tired but focussed & passionate, United for a Cause, With a Big Smile on each Face.............................................. ............

** - WELCOME TO THE TEAM IJC - **

Had great time with all the team & i would like to thank all the team for giving a great company

missed all those who couldnt join us due to their commitments..
    When Nothing Else Work, Team Unimog has the Solution....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@nn
    boss u n ur LC FZ 100 or u didnt make me sick all i wrecked down was due to cold n low oxygen n yes for next time u should bring oxygen mask with u or i will use the Red thingy on u (6) mounted in my feet i.e. the fire extinguisher under the dash
    had a great company with u sir
    pardon me for polluting the cabin with nicotine
    When Nothing Else Work, Team Unimog has the Solution....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

(y)
    Alpha Romeo 156

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by pinkpanther

desertdevil wrote

Ali
    Asad
    Ehsan
    Hassan
    Husnain
    Ishtiaq
    Jahangir
    Juma
    Kashif
    Nn
    Omer
    Shabab

Rgds,
    The Pink Panther

Very detailed 1, tough ride U had - almost 24Hrs Non Stop till Nuri Top from Isloo, few last corners before reaching the top are really testing. Great work again IJC Team

[/quote]

It was tough but the company I had with me (Hassan and Husnain in Hassan's Truck) and the gang that was waiting for us..... I WAS CHARGED !!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nn

Phenomenal driving/ travelling stamina – Pinky (over 26 hours in almost one stretch)

Marks for friendliness, cooperation, helpfulness, patience, lifetime memories during the trip – 12/10

Thanx nn.. as i mentioned before.. it was all becuase of the care, waiting eyes, the company and the gang wating for us which made me DRIVE DRIVE and DRIVE

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

comeon people.... PLZ MORE PICS... We all know there were a lot of pics taken.....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Awesome !!!!!!!!
    REAL ESTATE CONSULTANTS, PROPERTY ADVISORS 8 VALUERS RESIDENTAL, COMMERCIAL & INDUSTRIAL PROPERTIES SALE, PURCHASE & RENT

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Doc Ehsan where are your pics..???