Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How much for the BJ80 Series 3 door land cruser?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default How much for the BJ80 Series 3 door land cruser?

How much for the BJ80 Series 3 door land cruser? -604947

How much for the BJ80 Series 3 door land cruser? -604948

Hello Guys,

I am also a Jeep fan and have been looking to get one. Few months back I talked to one of the Islamabad Jeep club member and he gave me very good response and given many advices. First I was looking for CJ7 kinda of a ride but he advice me to go for 3 door land curiser 80 series (As i told him i might be using also as a general use with family)

so guys i was looking for one and i am getting the prices in range of 700k to 800k and I have not good idea about what specifications i should be seeing as all are some how restored from the auctioned jeeps and these auctions are from Rnagers / Police / Army etc.

Now I discover one of my friend MAjor in Army and by chane i asked him if he could help me he gave a very positive response and invite me to come where he posted and said he will introduce me to a person who is in charge and will show me jeeps.

I WANT YOU GUYS TO HELP ME BEFORE I WENT THEIR. TELL ME WHAT SORT OF JEEPS I WILL BE ABLE TO SEE THERE...?? ANY IDEA

PLEASE NOTE: I AM NOT FAN OF VERY OLD 50'S 60'S WILLE JEEPS.

PLEASE GIVE ME IDEA WHAT PRICE I SHOULD OFFER AS A BID?

WHAT ARE THE MODELS THEY HAVE GOT IS THIS 80 SERIES LAND CRUSER?

IF I AM LUCK TO GET ONE ON SOME GOOD PRICE WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT TO CHANGE IN IT... I AM AT LEAST NOT EXPECTING TO CHANGE ENGINE I AM HOPING THAT IT WILL BE IN GOOD CONDITION?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE - DO NOT IGNORE MY POST - I AM REALLY SEEKING YOUR RESPONSE AND YOUR HELP.

TAKE CARE AND THANKS FOR READING

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Firstly, you need to understand that the photos you have posted are not of BJ80s, they are of BJ/FJ 70s.
    I know that the army does not keep the 80 series because they are too comfortable and not as nimble as the smaller models. For that reason, you will also see very few 60 series LCs also with the army and agencies.

7-8 lakhs will get you a ride that is good, but not outstanding. 9-9.5 lakhs will give you a vehicle that will turn heads, that figure is for the hard top models.

RKR
    I will miss her, that RKR. She will always be the one that got away.
    But, life goes on. From RKR to MMC. 4x4 Engaged? Team Unimog, Pakistan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If you're looking for a solid SUV which will be good both on and off road then TLC is certainly a good choice. however, you've limited yourself to 3 door LCs. why not look at 5 door ones?
    they are more common, in much better condition since they're mostly directly imported. plus you can get tons offered on market so you'll have a bigger pool to choose from.

3 door ones are agile and better for hard core offroading, but if that is not your high priority then i'd suggest you look for 5 door TLC 92-93 model would run you in 8-10 lak range. with good condition.

I had the same dilema, personally i liked the 3-door ones but they are tough to get hold of and the ones i saw were'nt that great. but then i found lots of 5 door ones and some good prices for them too. I got a 5-dr prado 92 and am very happy with it so far.

Nauman
    I may get Lost But I don't get stuck!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

There is no such thing as a BJ80, 80 series lcs have HZJ or HDJ model code depending on model year. The army auctions will mostly provide you with willys M38A1s, FJ40s and very rarely FJ70s. The M38A1s and FJ40s are being phased out due to completion of service life and you might find some in good body condition between 50-100K for the M38A1 and upto 175K for the FJ40. The FJ70s auctioned off are usually accidented,rolled over or burnt vehicles. A good place to look for a servicable FJ70 would be in ISI, FIA auctions as they are still not at the end of their service life with the army. You should be able to get one in 400K-700K range. 60,80 and 100 series LCs have always been used as staff cars for generals and are so in pristine condition, naturally not up for auction.
    Flat six flattening things out!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

rough idea

700-800k for mint condition 70 series
    600-650k for working but bad condition 70 series
    400k-450k just for the shell/chasis
    Alpha Romeo 156

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

First of Thank you all of you who so far have given me good piece of information and I tell you its very helpful and i am getting some guidence here.

especially responses from @HamzahF, @nomi1234 and espcial thanks to @raohamid for initiating response on my post.

Well guys you have used few new model series and terms which i have no idea but right now I will be Googling around and seeing Wiki and continue my response and take this discussion in some direction that other people will also take some benifit from the discussion.

I hope you guys will keep me posted with your experiements and knowlege of 4x4

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@raohamid

Thanks for correcting me bro. Now I know that most of the auctioned restored jeeps I have been watching on our roads are BJ70 and FJ70

@HamzahF

I must say you'r given details are very imformative. Certainly I wont go for any accidented/rolledover/ or burnt out FJ70 as I'll be new comer for 4x4 so I'll try to get something which i can bring back home by driving.

During my search for the models I found this great article giving some good history of TLC (Toyota Land Cruisers)

------- CAN ANY ONE PLEASE TELL ME IN WHAT 3 DOOR TLCs I will find Turbo Diesal Engine ------

Many time i heard they are replacing engine with turbo and stuff like that. It will be great if you guys can also give some knowlegeable comments on the Turbo engine

Thanks

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List