Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Pajero or Prado--which one is better(Experts Plzz)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Pajero or Prado--which one is better(Experts Plzz)

For a change my fellow pakwheelers... lets get out of corolla civic wars and put our views to finalise which of these (Prado or Pajero) is the best!!! As nowadays many are opting 4x4 SUVs ....

Why from 1986-1992 Pajero was the hot favorite and now the Prado... I guess both are arch rivals if given chance to
    tested against each other... which one do you pick???
    keep all the factors in view -- the off roading capabilities... economy... luxury and accessories... price and maintainence and all round performance..

Here are some videos to make a view of both...

Cars make my blood live...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am afraid that comparisons are not made with one steep incline or one dash of ten killometes or simply a tug of war between the two vehicles What I mean to say is that patrol could have had used poor quality fuel, the driver had little or no knowledge of driving fast, the air pressure could have been set low for sand in Patrol, and number of more things,. COMPARISONS are made on completely different grounds and some of them are,,, how many people world over use a specific brand, ,, the number of vehicles sold world over,,, the ratings of certain reliable magazines about a certain brand or vehicle, ,, the word of mouth that a particular brand has been able to generate.,,, the resale value of a vehicle or brans,, How quickly the vehicle gives up in harsh climates,,, does the engine wear our sooner, or does it blow sooner in harsh conditions,,, the heating up of a vehicle in hot climates,,,, and how it behaves in cold weather,,,, .. The safety record of a vehicle over long duration of time,,, are a number of ways in which comparissons are made. I remmember once on BBC there was this one programme ablut the SURF or the DALLA in our language and really proved to be one hell of a car, I am sure some of saw that programe I believe the name was fifth gear. Any how it was my point of view,,, LOL
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by GlobeTrotter View Post
    Seemed like the patrol was hitting the speed and/or rev limiter and slowing down..

Nice video though!
    Yes, what a bloody shame! Bad car. Still was a pretty tough fight.

Rao.
    I will miss her, that RKR. She will always be the one that got away.
    But, life goes on. From RKR to MMC. 4x4 Engaged? Team Unimog, Pakistan

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by raohamid View Post
    Yes, what a bloody shame! Bad car. Still was a pretty tough fight.

Rao.
    The patrol is not a bad 4x4 but all patrol drivers are idiots.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

prado prado he khan se utha ke le aye ho yar pajero. prado is better

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Muzammil73 View Post
    prado prado he khan se utha ke le aye ho yar pajero. prado is better
    LOL! here we go again!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

And since we have had limited warfare on this thread for the past few days, I find it my duty to reignite the flame.

Yesterday, took the Shogun for a real offroad trip with my club (4x4 Engaged) in Lahore on the second day of Eid.

Well, it wasn't a huge event, but we had sharp descents, climbs, lots of water, and most importantly, lots and lots of mud. You can check out the new thread too.

I have to tell you that I was very nervous taking the Shogun on this event, but since it was my request, I could not bow out. Lo and behold, I will brag this time and say that it was one of the best performing vehicles at the event. Perhaps because the terrain was softer than what I am used to as a driver, but I can guarantee the Shogun could have handled much more.

Reliability - no problems at all, did the entire event in AC (which I've never done before), diff locks worked well, and no issues there, no heat ups, no getting stuck.

Performance - handled everything my fellow member's Land Rover Defender, which is a great ride and is possibly one of the only 4x4s in Pakistan with ARB Air Lockers, front and rear. And, I have to mention this, he also had his kick butt Pajero Evo with him, and the offroad terrain was a joke for the Evo. (my all time favorite 4x4). I am sure though its performance had something to do with it being a Pajero, and not a Prado.

Limitations- I felt disconnected, since the only other offroader I have had was a LC RKR (army spec), and you really had to battle with wanting it to go places, it went everywhere, but there was a lot of driver involvement. So, I didn't enjoy offroading in the Shogun as much, it made offroading too easy at this event. Which is not what I prefer.

As a side note, and I wish I could have taken a picture, on my way back to Islamabad today, I saw a 96-98 Prado being towed because it over heated (I swear), the sad part was it wasn't being towed by a Pajero, it was being towed by a 2003 plus model Prado, so yes, Toyota Fans, there was some glory retained

The Pajeros are bloody good on the road, and I think will be as capable as any other, if not better than all other SUVs off the road. I would only trade mine for a true off roader, that I can drive to the office each day of the week. So nothing you Prado fans can say will ever change my opinion of Pajeros

And Mitsuman- was on my way back from Europe a few days ago, and stayed in Dubai for a night, you're right, I saw zero LCs, a couple of Prados, but soooooo many Pajeros you cannot imagine! The second most popular was the Jeep brand.

Rao.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@rao
    Well pajeros are gud in mud as my uncle in rangers near rann of kutch border patrol prefers it over a vigo . . But always envy a prado lc 120 . .

Pajero really disappoints on long steep climbs . .specially in desert n rocky arid terrains where its torque v/s rpm troubles. . Sudden kick and it skids n loses traction in the middle of the climb . . U have to really make momentum and pray that it wins the climb unlike prado lc 120 - put handbrake on in the middle of the hill , take snaps and then off you move from where you stopped with ease.. Ground clearance and wheel articulation is much superior in prados any model . . Pajeros just do the plain stuff with the help of momentum ,once stuck- winched. .

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Dawar View Post
    @rao
    Well pajeros are gud in mud as my uncle in rangers near rann of kutch border patrol prefers it over a vigo . . But always envy a prado lc 120 . .

Pajero really disappoints on long steep climbs . .specially in desert n rocky arid terrains where its torque v/s rpm troubles. . Sudden kick and it skids n loses traction in the middle of the climb . . U have to really make momentum and pray that it wins the climb unlike prado lc 120 - put handbrake on in the middle of the hill , take snaps and then off you move from where you stopped with ease.. Ground clearance and wheel articulation is much superior in prados any model . . Pajeros just do the plain stuff with the help of momentum ,once stuck- winched. .
    I will disagree. I have no doubts that Pajeros are better in snow and mud. What do you mean by torque vs RPM troubles?? What you describe as a sudden kick and skid is typical of every 4x4 that has a turbo. From what you're saying, there is no doubt in my mind that you drove the wrong Pajero, or drove the Pajero wrongly. Ground clearance is the same in Prados, all you need to do is to remove the bumpers, and the side plates from any 4x4 and the difference between a Prado and Pajero is next to nothing. Articulation is better in prado models up front in those that have solid live axles. I will challenge any prado for rear axle articulation. Trust me, the shock stretch is better. Also, your uncle prefers a Pajero over a Vigo in the mud because he needs to add lots of weight in the rear bench of the Vigo for it to perform and get traction. A Jimny with mud terrains will kick the rears of any regular 4x4 SUV on stock or small lug tires.

As I said earlier, it depends on the driver more than anything else. All I know is that I have taken the Shogun on 2 serious offroad trips, and both times it has surprised me, surprised the Pajeros haters, and has given me a lot of respect when I respect it. However, I will never doubt that my driving fits very well with the Shogun, and your's maybe does not. It has its shortcomings, but so does every other vehicle.

Rao

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@rao

Why in the first place you had doubts on the off-road abilities of your Pajero( you could be shot for this breach of trust if I'd follow the Pajero code of conduct manual)? It is one decent all in one package and delivers in the toughest of situations, always! Good to see you take it through all that muck and getting confident about it.....you made us all very proud.....keep rolling, amigo!
    MEN DO IT AT DAKAR!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@MITSU_MAN & raohamid:-

Can you guys tell when did the V6 Petrol version was introduced in Pajero? As in which year?
    Peace TV : The Solution for Humanity

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by raohamid View Post
    And since we have had limited warfare on this thread for the past few days, I find it my duty to reignite the flame.

Yesterday, took the Shogun for a real offroad trip with my club (4x4 Engaged) in Lahore on the second day of Eid.

Well, it wasn't a huge event, but we had sharp descents, climbs, lots of water, and most importantly, lots and lots of mud. You can check out the new thread too.

I have to tell you that I was very nervous taking the Shogun on this event, but since it was my request, I could not bow out. Lo and behold, I will brag this time and say that it was one of the best performing vehicles at the event. Perhaps because the terrain was softer than what I am used to as a driver, but I can guarantee the Shogun could have handled much more.

Reliability - no problems at all, did the entire event in AC (which I've never done before), diff locks worked well, and no issues there, no heat ups, no getting stuck.

Performance - handled everything my fellow member's Land Rover Defender, which is a great ride and is possibly one of the only 4x4s in Pakistan with ARB Air Lockers, front and rear. And, I have to mention this, he also had his kick butt Pajero Evo with him, and the offroad terrain was a joke for the Evo. (my all time favorite 4x4). I am sure though its performance had something to do with it being a Pajero, and not a Prado.

Limitations- I felt disconnected, since the only other offroader I have had was a LC RKR (army spec), and you really had to battle with wanting it to go places, it went everywhere, but there was a lot of driver involvement. So, I didn't enjoy offroading in the Shogun as much, it made offroading too easy at this event. Which is not what I prefer.

As a side note, and I wish I could have taken a picture, on my way back to Islamabad today, I saw a 96-98 Prado being towed because it over heated (I swear), the sad part was it wasn't being towed by a Pajero, it was being towed by a 2003 plus model Prado, so yes, Toyota Fans, there was some glory retained

The Pajeros are bloody good on the road, and I think will be as capable as any other, if not better than all other SUVs off the road. I would only trade mine for a true off roader, that I can drive to the office each day of the week. So nothing you Prado fans can say will ever change my opinion of Pajeros

And Mitsuman- was on my way back from Europe a few days ago, and stayed in Dubai for a night, you're right, I saw zero LCs, a couple of Prados, but soooooo many Pajeros you cannot imagine! The second most popular was the Jeep brand.

Rao.
    your shogun proved it self long ago at the IJC snow cross. those diff locks sure do their magic.
    RIP

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

feel lyk to own one pajero 4 a clear view of my own ! Currently own a lc 120 v6 3400cc and a terios kid manual 4x4 660cc. .
    Which pajero wud be the most practical , easily maintainable and yet a performing offroader. . Shogun or exceed. . Wat variants are there and what are their specs and approx price range. . Need info. . .

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@autoslave

V6 3000.....1988

@dawar

Good idea.....start with a MINI PAJERO I/C TURBO version and am positive even with this midget of a jeep you'll not be dissappointed!
    MEN DO IT AT DAKAR!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MITSU_MAN View Post
    @rao

Why in the first place you had doubts on the off-road abilities of your Pajero( you could be shot for this breach of trust if I'd follow the Pajero code of conduct manual)? It is one decent all in one package and delivers in the toughest of situations, always! Good to see you take it through all that muck and getting confident about it.....you made us all very proud.....keep rolling, amigo!
    @Mitsu
    I knew there was a soldier in you somewhere. Very violent characteristics I see Thank you sir. It was my pleasure and I have scratches and small dings to keep reminding me. Honestly bro, it was just too easy.

Rao.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by qwertypoiu View Post
    your shogun proved it self long ago at the IJC snow cross. those diff locks sure do their magic.

Thank you qwerty, I'm also a fan of your's.

Rao.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Dawar View Post
    feel lyk to own one pajero 4 a clear view of my own ! Currently own a lc 120 v6 3400cc and a terios kid manual 4x4 660cc. .
    Which pajero wud be the most practical , easily maintainable and yet a performing offroader. . Shogun or exceed. . Wat variants are there and what are their specs and approx price range. . Need info. . .

Good man, Dawar, now we can be really good friends

Umm, I think Shoguns are a little difficult to find, I wasn't looking for one, just happened to stumble across it. I'm not sure if all Exceeds have diff locks or not, but I would recommend you look for a vehicle that does. Shoguns have a lot of options, as they're made for the UK, so if you find one, I'm pretty sure you will get diff locks. I think I've seen Exceeds with diff locks though. Let me try and find out for you.

Rao.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

your right mitsu men

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hey frnds plz suddest me pajeroo 92 94 or pradoo 92 to 94 eich 1 is best or wich 1 i can buy m waitting for ur suggestions

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by venom22 View Post
    hey frnds plz suddest me pajeroo 92 94 or pradoo 92 to 94 eich 1 is best or wich 1 i can buy m waitting for ur suggestions

Sir, for Pajeroo or Pradoo you need a kangeroo.

Please read the entire thread and search Pakwheels for your preferred ride.

RKR

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

How this for suspension flex on a Mitsu? A Challengers and Pajeros are brothers by the way.

Rao

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

User Tag List