Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 110
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Me & my jeeps (For brother Saidhi & others)

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    noman8ff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,759
    Follows
    10
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default Me & my jeeps (For brother Saidhi & others)

    Dear all, In another topic for the sale of RKR, i was asked by Mr Saidhi to define my two jeeps especially the upgrading of my cruiser. So, i would take it as an opportunity to also share my limited experience about jeeps and also to introduce my self.


    By profession, i am an army officer who was born in a military family, means have been knowing jeeps since i was too young. I am located at Islamabad and am basically from Peshawar. I am 34.


    For the last 18 years i have been keeping different brands including villys 45, range rover 84, 3Xdoor pajero 92, 5Xdoor pajero 92, double cabin 90, 3Xdoor land cruiser 87, about 7 suzuki jeeps (experienced SJ410, SJ 413, 660cc, 1000cc, long wheel base, 2C engine, 1300cc non EFI and EFI as well).


    I sold my last BJ 60 on 13th of august. This jeep was 84 model on which an additional amount of around 3.5 lacs was spent for its up gradation.


    After that i purchased three jeeps in the last month, two out of which have been sold and finally i started working on the 60 series.


    The first one out of those three was an 88 model SJ 410, the body of this one was swapped by a 94 model jimny, 1300 EFI, automatic, 11:43 diffs, had no works to be done.


    The second one was an original 94 model SJ 413, long wheel base, 1300cc, 5 Fwd manual gear, with removable company fitted fiber top, 11:43 high speed diffs, imported from UK in 2006, the registration no was also 413, had no works to be done. This jeep was excellent for off the road moves as the wheel base was long so was very comfortable as compared to the smaller one. I have heard that last year the cholistan desert rally was won by a LWB.


    And now i have an 89 model, UN auctioned, BJ 60, 5 Fwd gear, new 3B engine, rotary pump, islamabad registered jeep which is totally disassembled at the moment. When i was selling my LWB, i gave an add for this one as well on one of the forums of pak wheels, but the other one was sold so i decided to keep it. It was in total original condition but i opened each and every part. Working on it for the last one and half month and will surely complete it in 30 to 40 days. You can see the pics of it in the topic of its selling.


    Works already done are


    Front suspension changed, all four wheel bearings, disc plates, brake shoes, leaf springs changed, dash board removed, cooling boxes removed, cleaned and re fixed, carpet/ seats and roof cloth removed, denting done and painting in progress, tyres and rims have been changed yesterday.


    Works planned to be done


    Engine will be replaced by 13BT, rear stapni be placed as of a surf, mechanical wench is already there and all the items being removed will be re fixed in a clean way. And may be other hidden things also come in the way which will be corrected.


    If any further information is required i shall be happy to share the little of the little that i have.


    Regards


    Noman

  2. #61
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    060276's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,859
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Sir nice restored LC ....i regularly saw ur jeep at peshware more,couple of days back i take a close inspection of ur Lc at mechanic shop....it is very nicely done......

  3. #62
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saidhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,630
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Excellent Job Noman

  4. #63
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    parapilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Slave Lake
    Posts
    1,903
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Sir G, what is the latest development..........
    Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.......

  5. #64
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saidhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,630
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Good going noman, love the front bumper, if I may, my suggestion is to find a winch for this lovely bumper, it will enhance the manly looks of the BJ

  6. #65
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    LRDefender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,342
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Nice Reconditioning
    Pakistan Land Rover Club.

  7. #66
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    sarmadqureshi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,599
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noman8ff View Post
    Just back from workshop.


    Me & my jeeps For brother Saidhi & others -1014537



    Me & my jeeps For brother Saidhi & others -1014538
    Noman, good to see you after 30 odd years, I would have never recognized you otherwise.
    TLC FJ90 SWB ~ 1KZ-TE ~ 50mm OEM Lift

  8. #67
    PakWheeler Follow
    MITSU_MAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    47
    Posts
    872
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @sam

    That is one great example of an elephant's memory (pardon me if I've got the wrong animal).....you are 33 and he is 34...."30 odd years"....hmmmm..... now don't take me wrong but besides 4x4s and offroading, wonder what interest you guys shared together being just 2-3 yrs old that you recognized him instantly after three decades????.....!!!!
    MEN DO IT AT DAKAR!!!

  9. #68
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    jaggi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,324
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    very nyce

  10. #69
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    sarmadqureshi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,599
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MITSU_MAN View Post
    @sam

    That is one great example of an elephant's memory (pardon me if I've got the wrong animal).....you are 33 and he is 34...."30 odd years"....hmmmm..... now don't take me wrong but besides 4x4s and offroading, wonder what interest you guys shared together being just 2-3 yrs old that you recognized him instantly after three decades????.....!!!!
    , our fathers went to the academy together, were course mates, later on we ended up sharing the same hut (junior officers housing in old cantt, one big barrack converted into a couple of huts).

    Noman ( a piffer ) and I spoke a few days ago, he picked up the leads and narrowed me down to the guy he knew from diaper days
    Rest Noman can add, he's older and I'm sure got more memory than me....
    TLC FJ90 SWB ~ 1KZ-TE ~ 50mm OEM Lift

  11. #70
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    akifjanjua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,097
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Noman Bhai.. good rebuilt.. love this giant cruiser.. havnt met many officers with this shouq
    75% of earth is covered by water... the rest by Jeep
    www.brokenknucklegarage.com

  12. #71
    PakWheeler Follow
    MITSU_MAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    47
    Posts
    872
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @sam

    Well that is one classic 'LONGOTIA'(diaper) friendship example!!! Full marks for that!!! Btw when is the next time you intend stretching your(MUTT's) legs??? Might kinda tag along if it ain't inconvenient!!!
    MEN DO IT AT DAKAR!!!

  13. #72
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    sarmadqureshi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,599
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MITSU_MAN View Post
    @sam

    Well that is one classic 'LONGOTIA'(diaper) friendship example!!! Full marks for that!!! Btw when is the next time you intend stretching your(MUTT's) legs??? Might kinda tag along if it ain't inconvenient!!!
    hahahah ........

    Mutt legs need stretching pretty bad, I'm just recovering from a back ache so shall let this weekend passby. Next week, scene on & i'll let you know sir.
    TLC FJ90 SWB ~ 1KZ-TE ~ 50mm OEM Lift

  14. #73
    PakWheeler Follow
    MITSU_MAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    47
    Posts
    872
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @sam

    Sad to hear about the back thing....hope it works out fine. Looking forward to that roll, amigo!!!
    MEN DO IT AT DAKAR!!!

  15. #74
    PakWheeler Follow
    azhar_ilyas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sialkot
    Age
    20
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Intersted in jeep

    Quote Originally Posted by noman8ff View Post
    Dear all, In another topic for the sale of RKR, i was asked by Mr Saidhi to define my two jeeps especially the upgrading of my cruiser. So, i would take it as an opportunity to also share my limited experience about jeeps and also to introduce my self.


    By profession, i am an army officer who was born in a military family, means have been knowing jeeps since i was too young. I am located at Islamabad and am basically from Peshawar. I am 34.


    For the last 18 years i have been keeping different brands including villys 45, range rover 84, 3Xdoor pajero 92, 5Xdoor pajero 92, double cabin 90, 3Xdoor land cruiser 87, about 7 suzuki jeeps (experienced SJ410, SJ 413, 660cc, 1000cc, long wheel base, 2C engine, 1300cc non EFI and EFI as well).


    I sold my last BJ 60 on 13th of august. This jeep was 84 model on which an additional amount of around 3.5 lacs was spent for its up gradation.


    After that i purchased three jeeps in the last month, two out of which have been sold and finally i started working on the 60 series.


    The first one out of those three was an 88 model SJ 410, the body of this one was swapped by a 94 model jimny, 1300 EFI, automatic, 11:43 diffs, had no works to be done.


    The second one was an original 94 model SJ 413, long wheel base, 1300cc, 5 Fwd manual gear, with removable company fitted fiber top, 11:43 high speed diffs, imported from UK in 2006, the registration no was also 413, had no works to be done. This jeep was excellent for off the road moves as the wheel base was long so was very comfortable as compared to the smaller one. I have heard that last year the cholistan desert rally was won by a LWB.


    And now i have an 89 model, UN auctioned, BJ 60, 5 Fwd gear, new 3B engine, rotary pump, islamabad registered jeep which is totally disassembled at the moment. When i was selling my LWB, i gave an add for this one as well on one of the forums of pak wheels, but the other one was sold so i decided to keep it. It was in total original condition but i opened each and every part. Working on it for the last one and half month and will surely complete it in 30 to 40 days. You can see the pics of it in the topic of its selling.


    Works already done are


    Front suspension changed, all four wheel bearings, disc plates, brake shoes, leaf springs changed, dash board removed, cooling boxes removed, cleaned and re fixed, carpet/ seats and roof cloth removed, denting done and painting in progress, tyres and rims have been changed yesterday.


    Works planned to be done


    Engine will be replaced by 13BT, rear stapni be placed as of a surf, mechanical wench is already there and all the items being removed will be re fixed in a clean way. And may be other hidden things also come in the way which will be corrected.


    If any further information is required i shall be happy to share the little of the little that i have.


    Regards


    Noman
    Hello

    I am new member of pakwheel and i have seen your add and i like sj 413 long body jeep if you have jeep let us know and give us your contact number

    Thanks

    Azhar

  16. #75
    PakWheeler Follow
    azhar_ilyas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sialkot
    Age
    20
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default sj413 interested

    Dear Nouman asalam o alikum
    i have seen your sj 413 it is very nice jeep so if you are selling it please let us know i am interested and if you have any long wheel base jeep let us know and also give us your contact number

    Thanks

    Azhar

  17. #76
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    noman8ff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,759
    Follows
    10
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    dear my contact number is 0333 5119925

  18. #77
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    haris001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,786
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    nice project.........this model of lc is really a beast!!
    truly huge!!
    The way a man keeps his car ,,,is the way he keeps himself...................

  19. #78
    PakWheeler Follow
    baws's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    30
    Posts
    38
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    FJ at its best

  20. #79
    PakWheeler Follow
    salmanchaudhry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    46
    Posts
    132
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noman8ff View Post
    Today i reached peshawar at 10am and left at 8pm. The prices of diesel engines without gear were as follows


    12HT=2,30,000


    14B=2,20,000


    13BT=1,80,000


    11B=1,00,000


    1KZ=90,000


    3B old model=70,000


    3B new model=1,20,000


    .
    The above was veryyyyy helful for me as I am thinking of getting rid of my petrol engine in the FJ and wanna go for 3b

  21. #80
    PakWheeler Follow
    machine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Other
    Posts
    869
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default BJ61- Finally bought - Pls comment

    Noman bhai....

    First of all, thank you for your great support and sincere advises to finalize the deal.

    Attached are few pics of my BJ. deal has been finalized and the guy shall handover the jeep on 5th july after necessary documentation and payments..

    13BT installed under the hood back in 2009, engine is in perfect condition five forward stock gear. Though 4x4 is currently delinked but as per deal he'll get it fixed before final handover.

    Overall jeep is in great condition as compare to its age.


    I shall post detail pictures later on rather after 5th july.




    etc.Me & my jeeps For brother Saidhi & others -1018547

    Me & my jeeps For brother Saidhi & others -1018548

    Me & my jeeps For brother Saidhi & others -1018549

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •