Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Turbo on 3B engine, double battery system

Dear all

I would like to upgrade my 3B engine to the turbo version. I am aware of the all remarks here that i should swap to 13BT or another engine, but I want to keep my engine because I know what I have and want to keep my car papers original. So it needs not to be adviced :-)

It shall not be very difficult operation, I would more or less need to know what could be major obstacle on the way. I am thinking of getting the original turbo set from 13BT engine if possible or maybe go for ATX turbo from ausssie market - which seems to be a very, very nice thing.

If anybody has done it, please share with me your experience. If you have a turbo and accessories from 13BT engine for sale please let me know your price and part list.

I want to install also second battery to the car and I would love to have your experience shared how you have done it and what you have found dificult.

Thank you

Zdenek

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Brother, i think u were interested in buying my jeep. It looks you have got one. Pls share few pics.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear

Yes I was about to buy your vehicle, but that time was "under reconstruction".

I was searching quite a time for one, even in Islamabad, almost purchased the nice golden one from Salman, but late on decided to get one in Lahore.

I had no time to go Islamabad anymore, although the Salmans car was beatiful and powered with 4L turbo.....ohohohoho nice ride.

Anyway I ahve got the car from Lahore, UN model with 3B engine. I guess it is in similar condition that you have got your a time ago, Same model, same shape, same wounds :-) Recently got new tyres, double battery installed and some gearbox and pipe work done on it. It will need some work, but generaly it is cool machine.

It is really lazy ******* on higway but it is not a race car is it.

Pics attached.

If you would have spare parts that I might need as i know you have swaped the engine, let me know. I will be looking for roofrack, maybe engine part - i need new steering fluid pump and I dont know what more. As I said thinking of adding turbo on it that would require original turbo set or aftermarket brand new stuff. Best case new head. But this will come later if I will desire as the engine has a high milage already and it might not survive :-) But it runs wery good so far. I have got some trouble in gearbox (you know that ueeeeeeeeee noise coming from box and from diferential teeths.

Well I saw your machine for sale - hm I guess that might be a good alternative if it would come earlier......

Lets stay in touch then.

Turbo on 3B engine double battery system -1013965

Turbo on 3B engine double battery system -1013966

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Nice jeep brother. By the way how much did u pay for it? Also tell me whether it has a plunger pump or a rotary pump? And does it have a normal 3B engine or the NEW 3B and 4fwd gear or 5fwd gear? The jeep looks in good condition.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default To Norman

Dear, it cost me much more than was my original budget as the prices in PAK are skyhigh
    And of course much much much more than my wife wanted.
    But as soon as she was sitting inside she started to like it I guess.....

Well right now I have a little problem with the steering which is quite loose and it is a bit hard to keep the car on the road.....hope it will be done this week. I have got no time unfortunatelly so it will be nothing like you did.
    The gearbox sound makes me crazy.....it has to be done as next thing.
    And i need to get rid of all that rumbling inside....well 20 years is 20 years even for landy like this.

Thank for compliment but i guess the pics show something which the car is not....although is not bad at all.
    It is a fun to drive it, I just wonder about the consumption.....will see in next days.

Stay tuned I will put some pics later on....
    And whatever advice is more than welcomed.

Take care

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List