Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: 4x4 Off-Road Video Thread! Post your favourites !

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 4x4 Off-Road Video Thread! Post your favourites !

Lets see your favourite, most interesting, exciting, insightful and informative videos ..... anything and everything to do with 4x4s and off-roading!

And who better to start this off than Mr. Jeep itself:

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by saidhi View Post
    Tyre Pressure Monitoring System also installed

4x4 Off-Road Video Thread! Post your favourites ! - 247113

Can u plz explain how it works?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

"Clear Words" for 4x4s in Local Rallies

1. Fastest---- Ahsan's VTC is much faster than Evo/Nadir's LC with a top speed of 240kms on motorway, off the road in Jhal, it touched 200 in "patt" section, reason, changed Diffs with VTC's power gives better pick up than manual Evo and longer gears gives better top speed
    2. Cheapest---- Ahsan's VTC with Proflex and Bilstien shocks is cheaper, costing around 1.8 Million
    3. Handling----- Best without doubt in stock vehicles, In rallies, NO, Nadir's LC is equally good because of longer wheel base and top of the line suspension. Ahsan's VTC has the worst handling
    4. Envious Repute----- Agreed 100%
    5. Looks---- Agreed 100%, am already dead
    6. Tidy/all in one----Agreed 100%
    7. Best package for podium---- Agreed 100% and thats why I have it

Having said that, it still is not ruling because Nadir/LC combo is winning consistently. Reason for this is not that Evo lacks but the Evo drivers do not match the skills and bravery of Nadir.

Trust me Bhai, I wish to change it very soon, need all your prayers
    @Saidhi

Shukr hai.....kuch te manaey ho tussee!
    Te jo naee manaey hun usda jawab pesh haega......

FASTEST.....My stats on Nissans suck but hey isn't the Displacement difference over a 1.3 Liters amigo?....Gen 2 Pajero with a gen 5 safari engine??....1997 with 2001 technology??? comparisons are difficult!
    CHEAPEST....Well amigo....pricing again is difficult
    1. These cars have no fixed resale figures.
    2. You'd probably appreciate the difference between a full priced 'legal eagle' and a priceless 'parinda'......
    3. Nadir/LC combo ruling part....we are only discussing cars and not combos here!

My prayers are always with you, amigo......Inshallah we'll see you on the podium....because of those girlie diamonds you also own!

@SK

Hahaha......good one there amigo!
    Wish I were Kevin Costner with his pack of wolves......but hey all I got is a couple of Mitsus to be dancing around..... and I love it!!!

@desertdevil

Nice pics amigo.....Category A aspirations??????
    MEN DO IT AT DAKAR!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by noman8ff View Post
    Can u plz explain how it works?
    @ Noman

Quite simple in fact, its a wireless device, there are 4 tyre valves that come with the package, each shows which tyre it belongs to like "Right Front" or "Rear Left" ect. Attached to the valve is a sensor, weighing around 40 grams. When the valve is fixed, the sensor settles with the roof of the rim. Inflate the tyres and reset the head unit. Each sensor has its own battery, it transmits a signal and the head unit/receiver shows the reading. As per the distributor, life of sensor's battery is in years, hope they are truthful.

System is wireless, the wire you see in the picture is the wire that is charging the battery of the Head Unit. This you need to do like a mobile phone i.e. probably after every couple of days.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ahsan's Nissan is not a Parinda,,, he bought a 3 door Nissan and changed body, its legal now, with papers, token ect. Cost of his 4x4 includes the cost of vehicle purchased in Pakistan for the purpose

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MITSU_MAN View Post
    @Saidhi

My prayers are always with you, amigo......Inshallah we'll see you on the podium....because of those girlie diamonds you also own!
    My girl found a ROUGH RIDER

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ahsan's Nissan is not a Parinda,,, he bought a 3 door Nissan and changed body, its legal now, with papers, token ect. Cost of his 4x4 includes the cost of vehicle purchased in Pakistan for the purpose
    At the cost of adding another thumka to MitsuMan's dance, I do feel that PKR 1.8 million is not really representative of the full cost of Ahsan's VTC today....

The car is severely modified from the VTC engine, performance clutch plate, aftermarket ring/pinions, performance shocks, lowered roof, race rims etc and all work was essentially done in Dubai. Parts prices have obviously skyrocketed and having spoken to the person who built the car, Zafar @ Khorri Autos Dubai, I understand there was also some sort of dispute over the price/payments for this vehicle....

Needless to say that today neither Zafar (nor any other decent Dubai based builder) would not be able to deliver a similar project at probably less than double this cost..... On the following video from this year's Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge you briefly see the Bin Sughat-Khorri Autos Nissan Patrol (Black) which won 4 prizes and overall 3rd position in 2010 despite a rollover at stage 2. DNF at stage 7 in 2011.

The overall qouted cost of the Bin Saughat Nissan (with FIA spec roll cage/seats etc) is around $100,000.
    "If YOU don't believe in what you're doing it'll never work."

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

MEN DO IT AT DAKAR!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by usama37 View Post
    seriously, since the fj's rear wheels leave the ground on almost every speed bump
    @Usama: its not those two particular set of wheels I am really worried about. See 1:30 of the following clip for what I mean:

Note borris at the back and enjoy the commentary! BTW very few videos of leaf sprung jeeps belting it out!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Nissan VTC's costing today (Dirham@23PKR & Dollor@86PKR)

Cost of 3 Door NP in PK---it needs not to be even in running condition because the original engine, transmission is not to be used---- maximum 450K

VTC Engine, gear, wiring (complete set) costs 25,000 Dirhams in UAE, dont know the cost here because never found one in local kabar markets. Let say, VTC's set is purchased in Dubai and brought here through a Khaipia, add a cost of 50K at the most for transportation, so 25,000 Dirhams (575K+50K)=625K for the VTC's complete set in PK

Brand new, good quality but normal brand, racing rims costs around 1000 dirhams, add transportation, so 25K per rim in PK, cost of 6 rims=150K

6 tyres 15Kx6=90K

Suspension, brand new shocks are costly, but since Nissan is a common brand in Dubai, used Nissan's suspension is easily available. In March 2011, Amir Anwar was sold a set of 4 proflex shocks by zafar for 1500 dirhams each. Amir got them serviced at the rate of 250 Dirhams each and got them transported to PK through carrier, total cost was 7000 dirhams (161K) plus transportation=20K= 181K. Two sets of shocks 181Kx2=362K

Brand new springs (Kings, proflex, MCA) cost around 100 dollors each so cost of 4 springs + carriage to PK would be around 40K

Racing radiator and racing speed adjustable electric fan with mounts, plus carriage to PK (35K+10K)=45K

Add snorkel (35K), used but branded racing seats in Dubai (1000 dirhams each), pair of new seat belts (1000 dirhams), racing steering (700 dirhams). Shift light, guages ect would not cost more than 1000 dirhams. Add all in PK prices 35K+46K+23K+16K+23K=143K plus carriage to PK approximately 15K=158K

Denting, paint, fitting of engine/gear, roll cage, seats, electrical works would cost around 200K in PK. I am including the price of all work in workshop which includes reinforcing tubes, chassis, mounts for auxiliary shocks as well.

Total Cost (450K+625K+150K+90K+362K+40K+45K+158K+200K)= 2120K

This is the cost today, in late 2006/early 2007 Dirham was for 17PKR and Dollor was for 60PKR, do the maths.

Referred VTC when it arrived in PK was with Bilstiens, not Proflex, which are much cheaper and no racing radiator

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Cost of 3 Door NP in PK---it needs not to be even in running condition because the original engine, transmission is not to be used---- maximum 450K

VTC Engine, gear, wiring (complete set) costs 25,000 Dirhams in UAE, dont know the cost here because never found one in local kabar markets. Let say, VTC's set is purchased in Dubai and brought here through a Khaipia, add a cost of 50K at the most for transportation, so 25,000 Dirhams (575K+50K)=625K for the VTC's complete set in PK

Brand new, good quality but normal brand, racing rims costs around 1000 dirhams, add transportation, so 25K per rim in PK, cost of 6 rims=150K

6 tyres 15Kx6=90K

Suspension, brand new shocks are costly, but since Nissan is a common brand in Dubai, used Nissan's suspension is easily available. In March 2011, Amir Anwar was sold a set of 4 proflex shocks by zafar for 1500 dirhams each. Amir got them serviced at the rate of 250 Dirhams each and got them transported to PK through carrier, total cost was 7000 dirhams (161K) plus transportation=20K= 181K. Two sets of shocks 181Kx2=362K

Brand new springs (Kings, proflex, MCA) cost around 100 dollors each so cost of 4 springs + carriage to PK would be around 40K

Racing radiator and racing speed adjustable electric fan with mounts, plus carriage to PK (35K+10K)=45K

Add snorkel (35K), used but branded racing seats in Dubai (1000 dirhams each), pair of new seat belts (1000 dirhams), racing steering (700 dirhams). Shift light, guages ect would not cost more than 1000 dirhams. Add all in PK prices 35K+46K+23K+16K+23K=143K plus carriage to PK approximately 15K=158K

Denting, paint, fitting of engine/gear, roll cage, seats, electrical works would cost around 200K in PK. I am including the price of all work in workshop which includes reinforcing tubes, chassis, mounts for auxiliary shocks as well.

This is the cost today, in late 2006/early 2007 Dirham was for 17PKR and Dollor was for 60PKR, do the maths.

Referred VTC when it arrived in PK was with Bilstiens, not Proflex, which are much cheaper and no racing radiator
    Thanks Saidhi! Thats some interesting work

Your obviously taking a slightly different route to Ahsan's project by assuming the core work is done down here, which would cut down the costs significantly, although the build quality would remain an open question....

I do need the contact of your carriage guys as the rates I have gotten have been much higher, something like PKR 600-1000 per kg!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SuhaibKiani View Post
    Thanks Saidhi! Thats some interesting work

Your obviously taking a slightly different route to Ahsan's project by assuming the core work is done down here, which would cut down the costs significantly, although the build quality would remain an open question....

I do need the contact of your carriage guys as the rates I have gotten have been much higher, something like PKR 600-1000 per kg!
    Carriage rates given to me are 400 to 500 for next day delivery, route will be via air

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

For heavier stuff, cheaper way is to get it via sea in a container. delivery is assured in 15 to 20 days at the rate of about 100 to 150 a KG.

Will be ordering stuff for my Evo in July, will give you first hand info about the costs and the contact numbers of the concerned persons.

Parts that are bigger in size like seats and stuff which is heavy in weight like engine/gears should only be ordered via sea, otherwise it will become obscenely expensive.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SuhaibKiani View Post
    @Usama: its not those two particular set of wheels I am really worried about. See 1:30 of the following clip for what I mean:

Note borris at the back and enjoy the commentary! BTW very few videos of leaf sprung jeeps belting it out!
    @SK: 1:30? ur worried about it drifting? i think v shud worry more about 0:45 in the video. considering the short wheel base. maybe we could try it in two wheel drive...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

6 tyres 15Kx6=90K

@saidhi

Now thats some serious loss of working hours!
    MEN DO IT AT DAKAR!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MITSU_MAN View Post
    @saidhi

Now thats some serious loss of working hours!
    Yes Sir,,,, PW is one reason why I am not able to work properly, will avoid lengthy replies as much as possible

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes Sir,,,, PW is one reason why I am not able to work properly, will avoid lengthy replies as much as possible
    The length and quality of the PW posts is directly proportional to the productivity and quality of your work

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Smile

<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/fEjr__nzv2Y?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/fEjr__nzv2Y?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
    "Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path & leave a trail..."

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Angry

<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/gGFASxRPM10?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/gGFASxRPM10?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
    "Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path & leave a trail..."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 2011 Baja 500 Coverage !

Its difficult to get a perspective of how big these trophy trucks really are. This video seems to do a good job:

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers