0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Vehicles are built around angles: Miskeen baba

Dear Friends,
    Salam
    Long Long Ago, back in 1987 or 1988, Baba discarded one of my vehicles (Nissan SD 33), and said 'this is absolutely useless'. When I asked Why?, he said that the angle of my vehicle was not right.
    It was something very unusual. We generally look for a good engine, a powerful gear box, tyres, brakes, etc. So, like any Angry, Young, Man, with some pride, I disagreed with him.
    Only a few days later, I found the limitation of the departure angle on my Nissan, when I destroyed my spare wheel, and partially damaged my fuel tank, and totally destroyed my rear bumper. Shortly afterwards, we were visitnig Allayi, in a BJ 75 Long wheel base Land Cruiser, when at one of the acute turns, due to lack of appropriate visibility (A very long bonnet), we were only saved by a very effective brake, or we would have plunged into thousands of feet deep ravine.
    At other times, and more than once, I personally experienced the limitations of various vehicles on Approach Angles, Ramp angles, front visibility angles, rear end visibility, and the inconvenience of long journey on some vehicles due to inadequate and inappropriate suspension angles.

It is very interesting, for me, that the more I get experienced in Off-Roading, the more I recognise the shortcomings of my self and my vehicle.
    And..
    I have grown a great fan of Baba's first ever philosophical statement: ''Vehicles are built around angles''.
    Baba (father of Irshad Miskeen (Veitnam on Pakwheels )) died at a relatively younger age of 56, but I believe his philosophy lives on.
    It will be a pleasure to initiate a debate on this relatively less stressed aspect of off-road.

Ranger of the North---Didn't Get Any Speeding Ticket While I had the Unimog. Since I bought a Cruiser, I get a speeding ticket every now and then.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

There is a saying

Wisdom is found in the most unusual places.

I guess its true because i've just witnessed one.

Baba was true indeed and indeed his legacy will live on.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Thank you Sherwan_88

Agreed
    Only that it was not such an unusual place.
    Let's hope we gain insight into things, and how they are, with time, because if an old man has no wisdom, it is a pity
    Ranger of the North---Didn't Get Any Speeding Ticket While I had the Unimog. Since I bought a Cruiser, I get a speeding ticket every now and then.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List