- Used Cars
- New Cars
- Cool Rides
- Post an Ad
Pakistan got Talent!
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man ~ Mark Twain
It actually works
How did it go over the weekend meet Suhaib bhai? enlighten us with the performance....
Very ingenius. Pretty impressive craftmanship!!!
MEN DO IT AT DAKAR!!!
Actually, for this event the setting on the Jeep was quite inappropriate:
1. Unable to get the 31' inch A/T tyres onto the steel rim set in time and was running the DD smaller H/T tyres
2. Rear shocks had been mistakenly replaced with shorter set from our collection and on suspension flex, the rear tyres were prone to lifting off
But the good thing was that with the inappropriate set-up and we got some nice opportunities to test the theory.
1. Ehsan tried it on the dirt obstacle where on the incline left rear wheel was spinning, he locked on the left HB and left wheel jammed and power was effectively transferred to the right. Nevertheless, no magic result here as firstly H/T tyres and suspension were not supportive and secondly I feel that for extreme obstacles the utility would probably be limited anyway. I think we may have some of this on video.
2. Ehsan then tried it the climb on the steep climb on the way back, where he claims that the car got stuck and he was able to get it moving up again by using the appropriate HB.
3. I actually had to use it right at the junction of the main Simly Dam road and the start/finish of the track where I took a rather extreme angle on the left climbing turn onto the road. Front tyres were on the road tarmac and rear left was either off the ground or just spinning in the dirt. Engaged left HB and gave it a good go to make it onto the road.
So net net, it obviously is nothing close to a diff lock but does give you an additional degree of freedom to climb out of ruts which may pose a stiffer problem otherwise.
@Sherwan: I did get a whiff of leather burn smell (likely from the brake drums) on number 3 above, but then again I think most of us have gotten quite at home with that aroma
nice thinnking who ever could come up with this i bet paksuzuki will copy ur idea till 2200
on a serious note im impressed
Hanjiii Kaa Storeey Eehh !