Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Is Land Cruiser the best off road machine ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Is Land Cruiser the best off road machine ?

Is Land Cruiser the best off road machine in the entire world ?

What you think ?

If Yes then Why ?

If No then Why ?

Is Land Cruiser the best off road machine ? -28547

It is impossible to please everybody.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What a piece of info,, great stuff indeed @DeeDee ,, Now two things I am very curious about.

1. Can anybody explain this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee View Post
    Some people seem to be under the misconception that the Pajero is a capable 4×4 vehicle. They should be aware that the only relation a Pajero has with the one running the Paris-Dakkar rally is the name.
    2. Suzuki SJ410 is said to be a good offroader (like it is given 8/10) but Potohar is not included in the list at all. So there must be a huge technical difference between Suzuki SJ410 and Suzuki Potohar though both are almost same in looks. Can anybody give some expert opinion about technical difference between the two?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Suzuki 660 cc soft top have been heard about in amnesty scheme but no authentic locations or their pictures have been shared, any clue in this regard is appreciated ,thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee View Post
    ya Basharat very very interesting... but the problem is that Internal_auditor is only asking for TLC so we have to stick to the topic rather claiming the ride we have is the BEST bla bla bla....

here i am uploading a copy paste list of rating on different 4x4 in respect of Pakistan only: here i go

Jeeps in Pakistan

by Khalid Omar

In Pakistan, there is a limited choice when it comes to choosing a 4×4 vehicle. The major types are listed below, with a short description and rating for each vehicle. With the older 4×4's, their offroad prowess depends mainly on their owners, while with the newer 4×4's, it's mostly up to the vehicle as it cannot be modified much. With these old jeeps, its the driver that's the most important part of the drivetrain, which is what makes them so much fun off the road.
    The following jeeps are rated according to Pakistani terrain, where we hardly ever see any mud. We've got rocks, more rocks, even bigger rocks, and lots of fine sand! Most of the local jeeps would do terribly in deep mud, so luckily there isn't any! 4×4 lowrange can compensate for lack of power in any terrain, but with mud you need raw power coupled with fast throttle response.

Offroading Capability: 2 out of 10
    Some people seem to be under the misconception that the Pajero is a capable 4×4 vehicle. They should be aware that the only relation a Pajero has with the one running the Paris-Dakkar rally is the name. The 1970's Toyota Starlet has more offroad capability. And yes, the author has bested a Pajero with the Starlet.
    Deewan motors has started importing the new Pajero, which according to Mitsubushi is based on the "lessons learned" from the multi-million dollar machine which consistently wins the Paris-Dakkar rally, and others. So it probably deserves a higher rating, but the overall club impression of this car is so bad that 2 it remains.

disclaimer: above ratings are given solely based on the vehicles offroad ability and durability.

How you concluded pajero that bad, i had some offroad events on this SUV, she never disappointed me any where on any terrain.

Mine is 2477cc with turbo. Produces 104hp pwer with 240 nm torque.
    rear diff is of 4.4 ratio. Vehicle is equipped with rear electric diff lock, center differential lock. With 4LLC 4HLC 4H 2H options. Its a pretty hardcore offroader, I am sure even a defender cannot easily beat her on the terrain

Never consider the 5 door pajero while concluding the result, dere are evolution also who are capable of smoking a rover easily.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Its often believed that the Land Rover `Defender` is the most rugged and reliable off roader in the market.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by haroon_1 View Post
    How you concluded pajero that bad, i had some offroad events on this SUV, she never disappointed me any where on any terrain.
    In last winter January 2014 i hired a 5 door intercooler Pajero to go to last jeepable spot of jagran valley which is a sub valley of neelum valley. Winter was on peak and track was covered with snow in upper jagran valley. There was a heavy snow at the end of the track. Once pajero stuck in snow however driver made it to get out of it without some major difficulty. My point is that track of jagran vally is a hardcore jeep track. And at that time it was in its worst condition due to that much snow but pajero did it and i am not expert but one thing i am sure that toyota startlet can not make this track. in fact no car can because it is true jeep track. Also, the Pajero i hired was used to play regularly on this track.
    I am quiet confused as I myself has witnessed offroading capability of Pajero even it was 5 door. But according to an expert a toyota starlet is better offroader than pajero.
    Cannn anybodyyyyy pleazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz put some light on it.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by umarxe View Post
    In last winter January 2014 i hired a 5 door intercooler Pajero to go to last jeepable spot of jagran valley which is a sub valley of neelum valley. Winter was on peak and track was covered with snow in upper jagran valley. There was a heavy snow at the end of the track. Once pajero stuck in snow however driver made it to get out of it without some major difficulty. My point is that track of jagran vally is a hardcore jeep track. And at that time it was in its worst condition due to that much snow but pajero did it and i am not expert but one thing i am sure that toyota startlet can not make this track. in fact no car can because it is true jeep track. Also, the Pajero i hired was used to play regularly on this track.
    I am quiet confused as I myself has witnessed offroading capability of Pajero even it was 5 door. But according to an expert a toyota starlet is better offroader than pajero.
    Toyota Starlet is better offroader????

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mavrik5 View Post
    Its often believed that the Land Rover `Defender` is the most rugged and reliable off roader in the market.
    there is no doubt in that.
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by umarxe View Post

I even today did a lot of offroading, true hard core offroading its not even one time recovered. On such terrain where an FJ 70s hub lock broke in first 5 mins.

People dun knw what a pajero is capable of,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

pajero for me and after that the 85's patrol then the defender(best option if you are low on budget and in my view is the most rough and tough made)....then the lc which newer models is just show off
    M @ c!v!c '95 L0v3&

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

There is no Answer.

Driver?
    Machine ?
    Terrain ?
    Weather ?
    Petrol diesel ?

The list goes on.
    Pakistan.. Toyota hilux..golf mk2 gtd..rolla 2.0d..nissian sunny.. Yamaha pw 50.. Coventry uk....audi v8 d11..golf mk2 rallye..honda crx..evo 8..golf mk2 gtd..Vauxhall insignia..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Is Land Cruiser the best off road machine ?

Quote Originally Posted by capsat View Post
    there is no doubt in that.
    I think @capsat you are very correct, Toyota should rename LC as Road Cruiser RC, specially the 200 series. There is no punch in this car. Old versions were too rugged.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

User Tag List