Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 26 of 26

Thread: Mileage on your 4x4

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    WakasArshad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    31
    Posts
    40
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Mileage on your 4x4

    Hi Everybody,
    I have just come back to Pakistan and I am planning on purchasing a 4x4 since I have to travel through quite a bad patch of terrain to reach my farm. I am planning on getting a M151 but before I do i wanted to check from the members what is the mileage they get on their 4x4 since I need to travel daily I want something that will be economical.

    I am also open to recommendations on 4x4 for daily driving.

    thanks
    Wakas Arshad


  2. #21
    PakWheeler Follow
    WakasArshad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    31
    Posts
    40
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sherwan_88 View Post
    70-80k for a kabuli 2C engine.
    5-8k for a fabricated sump and oil pump mods.
    6-10k for the fabricator to fit the engine in the bay.
    5-10k for the gearbox-engine adapter plate.
    3-6k for misc items, such as clutch pilot bearings, input shaft bushe etc.

    These are just basic known items.... there are plenty of blind spots which would require cash.

    A CNG kit might cost you around 40k maximum....

    Your call. Its just my opinion.
    Not really sure the original engine will cope with the CNG, I will have a look. Has any one successfully converted a Mutt to CNG

  3. #22
    PakWheeler Follow
    sherwan_88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sialkot
    Age
    28
    Posts
    894
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WakasArshad View Post
    Not really sure the original engine will cope with the CNG, I will have a look. Has any one successfully converted a Mutt to CNG
    Yes, many people have opted to convert to cng and there is no modification of any sort. Its runs good too, you have to change nothing from what i know.

    One member by the id of "Allee_Qazi" runs his mutt on cng and has posted here in the past. There are/may be that i don't of but i'm pretty sure there are plenty. I have occasionally seen mutts on cng in my local area, in fact most of them have opted for CNG and some have converted.

  4. #23
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    karakoram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Peshawar
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,530
    Follows
    12
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sherwan_88 View Post
    70-80k for a kabuli 2C engine.
    5-8k for a fabricated sump and oil pump mods.
    6-10k for the fabricator to fit the engine in the bay.
    5-10k for the gearbox-engine adapter plate.
    3-6k for misc items, such as clutch pilot bearings, input shaft bushe etc.

    These are just basic known items.... there are plenty of blind spots which would require cash.

    A CNG kit might cost you around 40k maximum....

    Your call. Its just my opinion.
    oyee hoyeeee yahan peshwar mein tu app nay jo rate bataya hai os ka 1/3rd rate hai believe me. aur yahan tu 2 way turbo intercooler engine 3000cc 100k ka milta hai 2 c tu kafi sastay hein

  5. #24
    PakWheeler Follow
    WakasArshad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    31
    Posts
    40
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sherwan_88 View Post
    Yes, many people have opted to convert to cng and there is no modification of any sort. Its runs good too, you have to change nothing from what i know.

    One member by the id of "Allee_Qazi" runs his mutt on cng and has posted here in the past. There are/may be that i don't of but i'm pretty sure there are plenty. I have occasionally seen mutts on cng in my local area, in fact most of them have opted for CNG and some have converted.
    Thanks , I will have a look into it.

  6. #25
    PakWheeler Follow
    WakasArshad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    31
    Posts
    40
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sherwan_88 View Post
    Yes, many people have opted to convert to cng and there is no modification of any sort. Its runs good too, you have to change nothing from what i know.

    One member by the id of "Allee_Qazi" runs his mutt on cng and has posted here in the past. There are/may be that i don't of but i'm pretty sure there are plenty. I have occasionally seen mutts on cng in my local area, in fact most of them have opted for CNG and some have converted.
    Thanks , I will have a look into it.

  7. #26
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    SuhaibKiani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    41
    Posts
    4,899
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by karakoram View Post
    oyee hoyeeee yahan peshwar mein tu app nay jo rate bataya hai os ka 1/3rd rate hai believe me. aur yahan tu 2 way turbo intercooler engine 3000cc 100k ka milta hai 2 c tu kafi sastay hein
    not really possible, for true Kabuli engine and parts rates are more or less uniform from Peshawar to Karachi barring obvious variation for supply demand factors....civil parts are obviously at different rates.
    "If YOU don't believe in what you're doing it'll never work."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •