Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Snow Cross 2010 & Extreme Offroad Conference on 6 th & 7 th Feb 2010 in Nathiagali

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Snow Cross 2010 & Extreme Offroad Conference on 6 th & 7 th Feb 2010 in Nathiagali

Dear Friends

With the grace of Allah Almighty, the Snow Cross 2010 & Extreme Off-road Conference was held at Nathiagali on February, 6-7. The event was organised by the Islamabad Jeep Club and attended by 4x4 Engaged ( Lahore ), Muzaffarabad Jeep Club ( Muzaffarabad ), Pakistan Land Rover Club & Offroaders Unlimited ( Abbotabad ). Over 46 offroaders from the 5 participating clubs attended the event on around 19 vehicles. Following heavy snowfall on Friday and Saturday the attendees had to overcome challenges posed by snow and ice on the steep climb to Greens Hotel Nathiagali, which not only tested their driving and recovery skills but also highlighted the spirit of team work and cooperation amoungst the seasoned offroaders.
    The roads leading upto Greens Hotel were covered by upto 2.5 feet of snow and attendees had to drive up the slippery slopes using snow chains, with some road clearing equipment showing up very late in the day.

The Extreme 4x4 conference featured presentations from the Presidents of the 5 attending Clubs as well as a speech from the chief guest, Mr. Nazir Abbassi - Nazim Nathiagali. Participants at the conference highlighted offroading and extreme motorsport as a healthy alternative for the people and youth of Pakistan who are greatly affected by prevailing environment of terrorism which is stifling sports and entertainment activities. Participants also emphasized the need to recognize and promote offroading and extreme motorsport in Pakistan at the official level.
    Mr. Nazir Abbassi appreciated the efforts of the attendees to organise and attend such a challenging event and highlighted the need to promote tourist activities in Nathiagali and Galliat areas which are amongst the most scenic hillstations in the coutry with virtually no law and order risks.

Thanx

IJC , 4x4 Engaged , MJC , Pakistan Land Rover Club , Offroaders Unlimited
    Snow Cross 2010 & Extreme Offroad Conference on 6 th & 7 th Feb 2010 in Nathiagali -32960 Snow Cross 2010 & Extreme Offroad Conference on 6 th & 7 th Feb 2010 in Nathiagali -32961

-It is always Man behind the Machine.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

amir bhai plz update the time when it airs

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by RetardedBuddy View Post
    amir bhai plz update the time when it airs
    As soon as i get the info, will update here
    -It is always Man behind the Machine.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Aimen, mashallah! Just saw some of your photos on the IJC website, some of the best post processing work I have seen. Excellent work on the photos, keep it up!

RKR
    I will miss her, that RKR. She will always be the one that got away.
    But, life goes on. From RKR to MMC. 4x4 Engaged? Team Unimog, Pakistan

nn
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Another excellent trip with all our fellow off-roaders. By the Grace of Almighty the whole trip remained incident free. I am sure everyone had a great time. Excellent team spirit and friendliness was seen through-out the trip between all members/ participants on this trip.

Timekeeping was asusal not adhered to the first morning, keeping up the tradition of true Pakistanis. We were supposed to leave at 09:30 sharp on Saturday morning, but we left after 11. Would add here that it definitely added to the fun of the trip. For me, I got up at 06:30 because of the excitement of the trip (don’t laugh, you can still get excited at my age, and anyway I am still young!).

We reached Nathiagali just after 4pm. As we were booked to stay at Greens hotel, which is almost at the top of the area with a narrow steep twisted road. The road was full of snow n sleet. So we started to go up the road at around 04:30pm. Only two vehicles from our group had snow chains. One being me, and while I was putting snow chains on, every one started the climb, so I was left last, and that’s where the fun began. Everyone was twisting and sliding everywhere. The help, the patience, the guidance, the digging, the effort from everyone was remarkable. It must have been, because we reached Greens Hotel after 10pm, so over five hours for less than 3 km and everyone was still very excited and in high spirits. The bonfire arranged by 4x4 engaged gang was lovely and enjoyed by all on reaching Green.
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
    <o:p></o:p>

It was a great trip, full of fun laughter n joy. It was very nice to have met members from various clubs/ groups. Don’t remember the names or IDs of many, but thank you all, everyone made a difference there and hope to see all in the next trip again! It was great chatting to you Saqib and to you as well Qasim.
    @Bugsy, if I can get Qasim to company me next time, I will let him put snow chains on before we leave and let him change the wheels when necessary, and I will make sure to take a snap of him while doing it

@Rao, thanks but no thanks, I think I will somehow manage to live with this beastJ. By the way I think you owed either a dinner or some money to Deedee, as he gave away your top speed.

My thnx to the entire IJC group for making this lovely trip possible, each one did more than the other. The IJC members who could not come on this trip for various reasons, you were all missed.

A special mention of Black-op is necessary as without his help I wouldn’t have got snow chains (an absolute must for this kind of travel), which made my life incredibly easy and thankfully we managed all steep inclines on the first attempt like a breeze at every part of the snow, making the LC look like a star!! :-)

I can see brilliant snaps post by many already, great work guys!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Bugsy
    Wonderful photos and commentary.
    @ Aimen.
    Lovely pictures indeed.. You covered the whole event yar.. Hats off
    @ Aamir bhai
    Thank you for the nice words.
    Ehsan

nn
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Either my reply earlier was edited or I didn't cut n paste properly, but here we go again, repasting the rest again:-)

My co-passengers were brilliant, they kept smiling even when I was pulling their leg, may be they were being respectful of my age, or maybe they were scared that I would chuck them out them out of the comfortable heated vehicle. (I am comfortably bigger than all three of my co-passengers combined) ;-)
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    Due to change of travelling plan we first went to Abbotabad, reaching there at lunch time. Met up with Abbotabad off-road club and MJC members there. We had lunch at Usmania restaurant. Finally we (all three clubs vehicles) left from Abbotabad for Nathiagali. The snow was around us from midway onwards. The snow covered mountains on either side looked lovely.
    There was plenty snow on the road as well for me to keep the LC in 2WD and do power slides and as spidy would put it (<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Tokyo</st1:place></st1:City> drifts). It was good fun doing such controlled slides. Desert Devil and Fobak have some vdo’s of the LC shaking its rear with pleasure!! ;-)
    The yummmmy part, the really lovely barbeque arranged by IJC, with Black-Op being the major man behind arranging and also in cooking. The weather, the environment, the company were all excellent. Everyone was so relaxed, chit chatting and enjoying the hot BBQ.
    The vdo presentations by 4X4 engaged and IJC were Zabardast and so were the inspiratory talks given by the presidents of relevant clubs (although we did find few members, surprisingly younger ones nodding off in the middle, although must be fair it was well past midnight by than.
    The planned musical fun initially seemed to be fizzing away, when many were too tired and headed for the comfort of their cosy room, but we managed to get Jahangir and Sohaib pumped up with their guitars. What followed till almost after 4am was absolute great fun. Jahangir, I had already had the pleasure of listening to during the Noori Top expedition, he was Zabardast as usual. Sohaib with his electrical guitar played Zabardast music and sang beautifully. And than we had the Hamnawa/ Chorus singing along including Shabab, Salman, Zohaib, Ahsan and me of course. I made a brief vdo of the chorus and must confess we made absolutely pathetic chorus singers! Jahangir and Sohaib were most gracious even when we (especially Untamed Shabab) absolutely slaughtered the songs with our own verses (will leave that to everyone imagination…..). When Jahangir put on Beeri Song on IPod, Shabab was almost itching to get up and dance, but unfortunately didn’t. I suppose age is catching up with him, after all he crossed his 40<SUP>th</SUP> last week. Otherwise would have seen some quality dancing moves …….
    Next day, got up really early 7ish, less than 3 hours sleep, I thought I should take pics myself in clear snow, but it remained so cloudy throughout. Just checked if my LC would start and it did, just as usual with less than a full crank. Petrol engine … Hip Hip Hooray! Janj was up early as well, He started his Cherokee as well, later we discussed 4X4s over hot cup of tea, and Aqib from 4X4 engaged also joined us by that time.
    Helped Jump Start some of diesel vehicles, and started packing my stuff back in the car. At 110 woke up the lazy youngsters in my room who had gone to sleep before 2am. I suppose they were catching up on their beauty sleep. All had a nice hot breakfast (at lunch time) of Parathas n omelette with hot cup of tea or two.
    Than the good byes started to other club members. Everyone packed, I missed the group photo as was trying to get someone jump started in the background.
    Downhill from Greens, I lead the way in my LC. Couple of Guys gave interview to Geo when we got down. Took off the snow chains and than we left back for ISB via Murree route. That was an epic journey as well (so to speak) with black ice, cars (and people) were slipping around like mad, and traffic was stuck. Immense coordination and initiative was shown by many members by walking on foot while it was snowing and clearing the way for all of us. The best bit was when the people who were clearing the road for all in front got all cars to go past, they themselves were all left behind! With me being last we got all 5 of them to stand on the side foot boards of LC, all holding a wireless radios in their hands and shouting at cars to move out of the way giving the impression that we were some official / ministerial staff car, and it worked, got through like a breeze…… only to be stuck again 10 minutes later in another Jam, but we did it again…..!!!
    Stopped over for a brief lunch of Daal Roti at Khaira Gali. And guess what…. We encountered another jam…. And than another. Finally got to Murree after dark and all left back for ISB via expressway. Initially I was planning the elderly type role of staying back of all the group, but when Desert Devil asked us to pass him as he was staying last, I gave LC plenty gas, one by one we gobbled all of them up, only Charged brothers (Omer driving) showed some resistance, but couldn’t withstand the might of 1FZ-FE for long. As Ali said it was great fun run and probably a bit silly, as we hit well over three figure speed several times in the rain on a twisty road. And like all things in life the fun came to a very abrupt end when we got into a 3 km long queue in Barakahu due to a security check post barriers…….which wasn’t even being monitored at the time……L

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Snow cross 2010

I m going to upload pics in sequence starting from Muzaffarabad to Nathiagali.

Snow Cross 2010 & Extreme Offroad Conference on 6 th & 7 th Feb 2010 in Nathiagali -34191 Snow Cross 2010 & Extreme Offroad Conference on 6 th & 7 th Feb 2010 in Nathiagali -34192
    "Roads ? Where we are going we don't need Roads.....! "

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Snow Cross 2010 & Extreme Offroad Conference on 6 th & 7 th Feb 2010 in Nathiagali -34193 Snow Cross 2010 & Extreme Offroad Conference on 6 th & 7 th Feb 2010 in Nathiagali -34194

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Snow Cross 2010 & Extreme Offroad Conference on 6 th & 7 th Feb 2010 in Nathiagali -34195 Snow Cross 2010 & Extreme Offroad Conference on 6 th & 7 th Feb 2010 in Nathiagali -34196

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Snow Cross 2010 & Extreme Offroad Conference on 6 th & 7 th Feb 2010 in Nathiagali -34197 Snow Cross 2010 & Extreme Offroad Conference on 6 th & 7 th Feb 2010 in Nathiagali -34198

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Snow Cross 2010 & Extreme Offroad Conference on 6 th & 7 th Feb 2010 in Nathiagali -34200 Snow Cross 2010 & Extreme Offroad Conference on 6 th & 7 th Feb 2010 in Nathiagali -34201

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Snow Cross 2010 & Extreme Offroad Conference on 6 th & 7 th Feb 2010 in Nathiagali -34202 Snow Cross 2010 & Extreme Offroad Conference on 6 th & 7 th Feb 2010 in Nathiagali -34203 Snow Cross 2010 & Extreme Offroad Conference on 6 th & 7 th Feb 2010 in Nathiagali -34204

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Snow Cross 2010 & Extreme Offroad Conference on 6 th & 7 th Feb 2010 in Nathiagali -34205 Snow Cross 2010 & Extreme Offroad Conference on 6 th & 7 th Feb 2010 in Nathiagali -34206

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Snow Cross 2010 & Extreme Offroad Conference on 6 th & 7 th Feb 2010 in Nathiagali -34207 Snow Cross 2010 & Extreme Offroad Conference on 6 th & 7 th Feb 2010 in Nathiagali -34208

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Snow Cross 2010 & Extreme Offroad Conference on 6 th & 7 th Feb 2010 in Nathiagali -34209 Snow Cross 2010 & Extreme Offroad Conference on 6 th & 7 th Feb 2010 in Nathiagali -34210

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Snow Cross 2010 & Extreme Offroad Conference on 6 th & 7 th Feb 2010 in Nathiagali -34211 Snow Cross 2010 & Extreme Offroad Conference on 6 th & 7 th Feb 2010 in Nathiagali -34212

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Snow Cross 2010 & Extreme Offroad Conference on 6 th & 7 th Feb 2010 in Nathiagali -34213 Snow Cross 2010 & Extreme Offroad Conference on 6 th & 7 th Feb 2010 in Nathiagali -34214

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Snow Cross 2010 & Extreme Offroad Conference on 6 th & 7 th Feb 2010 in Nathiagali -34215 Snow Cross 2010 & Extreme Offroad Conference on 6 th & 7 th Feb 2010 in Nathiagali -34216 Snow Cross 2010 & Extreme Offroad Conference on 6 th & 7 th Feb 2010 in Nathiagali -34217 Snow Cross 2010 & Extreme Offroad Conference on 6 th & 7 th Feb 2010 in Nathiagali -34218 Snow Cross 2010 & Extreme Offroad Conference on 6 th & 7 th Feb 2010 in Nathiagali -34219

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Snow Cross 2010 & Extreme Offroad Conference on 6 th & 7 th Feb 2010 in Nathiagali -34220 Snow Cross 2010 & Extreme Offroad Conference on 6 th & 7 th Feb 2010 in Nathiagali -34221 Snow Cross 2010 & Extreme Offroad Conference on 6 th & 7 th Feb 2010 in Nathiagali -34222

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Snow Cross 2010 & Extreme Offroad Conference on 6 th & 7 th Feb 2010 in Nathiagali -34223 Snow Cross 2010 & Extreme Offroad Conference on 6 th & 7 th Feb 2010 in Nathiagali -34224 Snow Cross 2010 & Extreme Offroad Conference on 6 th & 7 th Feb 2010 in Nathiagali -34225

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

User Tag List