Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 259

Thread: Cholistan Rally 2010 experience

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    desertdevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    45
    Posts
    2,542
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Cholistan Rally 2010 experience

    (Pinks) MOD EDIT:
    Cholistan Experience video


    The video is 30 mins

    Dear Friends,

    We had a splendid trip to Cholistan this year. Its was our first time being a rally participant. The atmosphere was charged and so were NN and myself. NN drove his LC 100 series whereas i was in Pajero 2.5 TDi. Both were running stock with roll cages being installed as a mandatory requirement. Navigators were; Pink Panther and Fishak and ground support and flag off was done by Laparwah. Thanks guys for making this event a success.

    From the very begining it was decided that we would not be competing for the podium but would focus on endurance. The intention was to finish the rally in one piece and in peace and this is exactly what we did.

    Will be posting pics and videos as we move along....


    Cholistan Rally 2010 experience - 40899

    Cholistan Rally 2010 experience -41974

    Cholistan Rally 2010 experience - 40901

    Cholistan Rally 2010 experience - 46147attach




    more videos all in good time



  2. #141
    nn
    nn is offline
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    nn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    12,094
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    ^ Waisay tau SARKAR abhie khush ho rahain hain, magar bol kya kahna chahta hai, Yad rahay, SARKAR jantay hain tou kahan rahta hai! :-p

  3. #142
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    SuhaibKiani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    41
    Posts
    4,899
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    fficeffice" /><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comCholistan Rally 2010 experience - P
    Quote Originally Posted by nn View Post
    ^ Waisay tau SARKAR abhie khush ho rahain hain, magar bol kya kahna chahta hai, Yad rahay, SARKAR jantay hain tou kahan rahta hai! :-p


    Sir, aap kee khushi ham sab kee khushi hai! It is apparent from the results that you and Asad had the right strategy to work within the limits and you made it home in style with excellent showing on the time clock. Best thing is that you do not have to get any significant work done to bring the car back in the same state as before. More power to you guys and inshallah better results next year!

    I think the rest of the results are largely as expected (barring the DNFs), except as I pointed out earlier the 3 wild card showings by Jeep. In all my previous discussions with all pundits, Jeep had been written off and utterly dismissed as a competitor at Cholistan: primarily for being too unreliable and not being rally ready. Now, not only do we see two Wranglers (one apparently with kamanis/leaf springs) and a Grand Cherokee finishing competitively. <o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    Nevertheless, I don’t mean to sing Jeep qaseedas here but point out my personal personal favorite entry: the silver TJ Wrangler which seems to stand 6th in overall rankings (across categories)! Hats off to the driver, Mr. Ghulam Sarwar (and the navigator ofcourse) for keeping up with the Top 5 modified monsters on what appears to be a raised, short wheelbase, manual transmission, near stock Jeep TJ. Kudos!

    BTW Once again many thanks to NN, Asad, Laparwah, Libra and DeadVirus for the wonderful event coverage and photography. Stealing some pics of the TJ below:
    <o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    Cholistan Rally 2010 experience - 43627attach<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>

    Cholistan Rally 2010 experience - 19271 109634719047132 100000018120058 246025 5630426 n

    Cholistan Rally 2010 experience - 44556attach
    <o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    <o:p>Cholistan Rally 2010 experience - 20948 10150103686065223 716435222 11187025 2933336 n</o:p>

  4. #143
    nn
    nn is offline
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    nn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    12,094
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuhaibKiani View Post
    Nevertheless, I don’t mean to sing Jeep qaseedas here but point out my personal personal favorite entry: the silver TJ Wrangler which seems to stand 6th in overall rankings (across categories)! Hats off to the driver, Mr. Ghulam Sarwar (and the navigator ofcourse) for keeping up with the Top 5 modified monsters on what appears to be a raised, short wheelbase, manual transmission, near stock Jeep TJ. Kudos!

    Firstly, thnx Suhaib for all your kind words of encouragement for us rally participants.

    I was also very impressed with the Jeep performance, though Grand Cherokee was what impressed me most.

    I would not entirely agree with your statement that it was near stock (just because he didn't remove his rear seats?), I can see twin shocks, steering dampers and from his timing I would say he was definitely a regular entrant to these events. He does have a mighty engine, which is the most essential at Cholistan. His start time suggests he was 7th fastest in qualifying as well, so he definitely knows what he was doing!!



    Cholistan Rally 2010 experience -47280

  5. #144
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    SuhaibKiani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    41
    Posts
    4,899
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    NN, Some pics of the same jeep with previous owners from the Janj Shandur thread:

    Cholistan Rally 2010 experience -1014761


    Cholistan Rally 2010 experience -1014762


    You are right in that the jeep has been raised by a good 4 inches and shocks and dampers added. Probably more mods too but it still appears a fair distance from the both the Bilstein/King double shock systems seen on the Vigos and the heavy duty suspension mods that you would expect from an desert racing TJ in the US. The latter would probably be something like this with coil-over shocks on aftermarket performance 3&4 link suspension systems

  6. #145
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    pinkpanther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    1,132
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    The Cholistan Experience 2010

    Video (30min) @
    http://blip.tv/file/3457190
    A wise monkey never monkies w/ another monkey's monkey!

  7. #146
    nn
    nn is offline
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    nn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    12,094
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @ Pinks, brilliant stuff, will need to get the cd or dvd of it from you.

    Have only seen first 7 minutes yet, net was downloading too slow, so I will let it buffer all before I watch in one go.

  8. #147
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    aamir567's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,953
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Zabardast video
    -It is always Man behind the Machine.

  9. #148
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    pinkpanther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    1,132
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @all Thankyou for the appreciation !!
    A wise monkey never monkies w/ another monkey's monkey!

  10. #149
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    SuhaibKiani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    41
    Posts
    4,899
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Amazing video Shehzad Bhai....very well done.
    hats off to your committment in shooting and editing the whole thing.

  11. #150
    PakWheeler Follow
    ehsankiani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    38
    Posts
    752
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Shehzad bhai.. Very impressive and inspirational indeed. Great piece of work there. Hats off.
    Ehsan

  12. #151
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    SuhaibKiani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    41
    Posts
    4,899
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default The Lahore Update...

    Was in Lahore yesterday and dropped by Saidhi's place with Janj. Later on Ahsan (I believe he drove the red and black VTC Nissan) dropped by with another friend from Karachi who rides a B-Class Vigo at Cholistan. Invariably, the focus of the discussion was Rally and Cholistan and some intersting points came up.

    Saidhi treated us to some very interesting set of videos of his Jumpin' Jack Crash Jimny. Of note are two videos of the high jump sequence and a hilarious post crash video of him and his navigator. Waiting for upload!!!

    The silver TJ Wrangler was driven by Ghulam Abbas "Shar" (I may have the last name wrong but thats how they referred to the gentleman) who apparently has been participating at Cholistan since 1993 and has always driven a Jeep Wrangler.

    There was obviously plenty of discussion on Saidhi's newly acquired battle tested Pajero Evo. Apparently, just the night before, Saqib and Saidhi had a showdown between Janj's reacquired battered green Cherokee XJ (supposedly sporting a busted fuel pump) and Saidhi's 280HP Evo(sporting mismatched Honda Civic plugs)....before we get to the results, I must take my hat off for Saidhi for being a true sportsman!

    By the time me and Janj left, everyone was huddled around Saidhi's PC and reliving Cholistan 2010 through coverage on this very thread!! Once again mgany thanks and hats off to Burhan Kundi, Shehzad, Dr nnn, Desertdevil and Fihsak for all their efforts and hard work in sharing their experience with us all!

  13. #152
    Founder Follow
    HanifBhatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    60
    Posts
    45,311
    Follows
    54
    Following
    4
    Mentioned
    981 Post(s)
    Tagged
    71 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Lets start planning for next year.
    Formerly known as Libra. Founder Pakwheels.com

  14. #153
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    SuhaibKiani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    41
    Posts
    4,899
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Bump to the Top!


  15. #154
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    SuhaibKiani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    41
    Posts
    4,899
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pinkpanther View Post
    The Cholistan Experience 2010

    Video (30min) @ http://blip.tv/file/3457190

    Thumbs up Again !

  16. 10-06-2010, 06:43 PM

    Founder

    Reason
    image not loading

  17. #155
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Janj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    44
    Posts
    6,058
    Follows
    1
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by SuhaibKiani View Post
    Was in Lahore yesterday and dropped by Saidhi's place with Janj. Later on Ahsan (I believe he drove the red and black VTC Nissan) dropped by with another friend from Karachi who rides a B-Class Vigo at Cholistan. Invariably, the focus of the discussion was Rally and Cholistan and some intersting points came up.

    Saidhi treated us to some very interesting set of videos of his Jumpin' Jack Crash Jimny. Of note are two videos of the high jump sequence and a hilarious post crash video of him and his navigator. Waiting for upload!!!

    The silver TJ Wrangler was driven by Ghulam Abbas "Shar" (I may have the last name wrong but thats how they referred to the gentleman) who apparently has been participating at Cholistan since 1993 and has always driven a Jeep Wrangler.

    There was obviously plenty of discussion on Saidhi's newly acquired battle tested Pajero Evo. Apparently, just the night before, Saqib and Saidhi had a showdown between Janj's reacquired battered green Cherokee XJ (supposedly sporting a busted fuel pump) and Saidhi's 280HP Evo(sporting mismatched Honda Civic plugs)....before we get to the results, I must take my hat off for Saidhi for being a true sportsman!

    By the time me and Janj left, everyone was huddled around Saidhi's PC and reliving Cholistan 2010 through coverage on this very thread!! Once again mgany thanks and hats off to Burhan Kundi, Shehzad, Dr nnn, Desertdevil and Fihsak for all their efforts and hard work in sharing their experience with us all!
    Sk no doubt Saidhi is a true sportsman!
    What makes 4x4Engaged? special is to discover secret places others cannot reach! ✓

  18. #156
    nn
    nn is offline
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    nn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    12,094
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Thumbs up You Beauty!!!

    Cholistan Rally 2010 experience -90131

  19. #157
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    VCheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    25,478
    Follows
    7
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    This a good shot, but the one with your LC going through water is a better dynamic shot IMO. I love that one more.

  20. #158
    nn
    nn is offline
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    nn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    12,094
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VCheng View Post
    This a good shot, but the one with your LC going through water is a better dynamic shot IMO. I love that one more.
    That was just my way of bumping up the thread!!! (pic was captured by someone else, and passed on to me).

  21. #159
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    VCheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    25,478
    Follows
    7
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nn View Post
    That was just my way of bumping up the thread!!! (pic was captured by someone else, and passed on to me).
    Oh you confused me. I thought when you wrote : "You Beauty" you were referring to the driver and not the LC!

  22. #160
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    aamir567's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,953
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nn View Post
    Cholistan Rally 2010 experience - 90131
    Nice picture
    -It is always Man behind the Machine.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •