0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Surf or Prado

AOA All,

I am looking for an SUV.
    I need expert opinion on pro, cons of surf & Prado (2000-2002 model)

which should i go for.
    price differnce.
    fuel consumption
    drive?

Thanks in advance.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If you are in need of a family car *** 4X4 then go for Prado being 7 seater and if you can manage with 5 seats and want a real 4X4 (among the two) then go for Surf.As such there is no big price difference in both provided same year models.Surf is good in fuel consumption as both have same engines but Surf has small body thus less weight therefore power to weight ratio it is better in drive.
    Ye Sab Tumhara Karam Hai AAAQAAA K Baat Ab Tak Bani Hui Hai.
    Great Minds Discuss Ideas,Average Minds Discuss Events,Small Minds Discuss People.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If you use it as a family car then I wont suggest you any of them if you consider fuel consumption. Most of them are 1KZTE 3.0 TD models and are heavy on fuel. I have had 3 different 1KZs. (1KZT manual, 1KZTE auto and 1KZTE Electonic Throttle-i auto) and they are not efficient engines, thats why production halted and replaced by 1KDFTV which is far better when it comes to power and economy.

If thats not an issue then you should definately go for Prado. Surf is lower budget made, far low interior space, uncomfortable seating postion and ordinary pickup with 'pants on' looks. However the new shape is a different story

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Saaduk View Post
    If you use it as a family car then I wont suggest you any of them if you consider fuel consumption. Most of them are 1KZTE 3.0 TD models and are heavy on fuel. I have had 3 different 1KZs. (1KZT manual, 1KZTE auto and 1KZTE Electonic Throttle-i auto) and they are not efficient engines, thats why production halted and replaced by 1KDFTV which is far better when it comes to power and economy.

If thats not an issue then you should definately go for Prado. Surf is lower budget made, far low interior space, uncomfortable seating postion and ordinary pickup with 'pants on' looks. However the new shape is a different story
    probably the best answer anyone can give, i agree 100%
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List