Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Something I want 2 know

aoa 2 all

i Want 2 know about the performance of a PAJERO both 3 door and 5 door,86-90 model and 92-95 model seperately if anyone can spare some time here,my queries are?

1. What speed i can touch on motorway?

2. How costly are the parts?

3. Can wee put a TOYOTA petrol engine in it the one now a days used in HIACE?

4. How much would b a cost for restoring a 3 door n will parts b an issue in lahore? like dashboard,interior items,engine?
    5. R there any issues of its resale?

6. Does it heat up in mountains or going offroad?

thx
    HONDAS are like GIRLFRIEND and, TOYOTA a life partner always with u even going is tough..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hmmmmmmm so no one knows,makes me confident and comfortable that its not only me
    HONDAS are like GIRLFRIEND and, TOYOTA a life partner always with u even going is tough..

nn
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^^ I think the fact that you have not mentioned what you want to know about in your title, no one has answered. If you can, do amend the title and put the vehicle name in.

Anyway, Desert Devil has recently bought a 1986 3 door Pajero, and participated in Cholistan rally and succesfully completed it, and subsequently completed an almost non stop journey of 800+ km from cholistan to Islamabad the same night. If you contact him he will give you latest update on it.

4. 04-03-2010, 11:34 PM
    nn

Senior PakWheeler

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Here are tentative answers to your questions.. based on my experience

1. What speed i can touch on motorway? on 2.5 tdi (you can touch 130 but advisable to drive on 100 km/h) on 2.8 (i have touched 165 but advisable to drive 120 km/hr)

2. How costly are the parts? ( they are comparable to any 4x4 parts)

3. Can wee put a TOYOTA petrol engine in it the one now a days used in HIACE? ( yes you can but would need lots of modifications...have heard people putting in 1 kz but have faced issues. it all depends on how expert your mechanic is....not advisable.. you can though put 3.0 v6 mitsu engine in it which is indeed a very robust engine)

4. How much would b a cost for restoring a 3 door n will parts b an issue in lahore? like dashboard,interior items,engine? (no idea) but parts are available everywhere

5. R there any issues of its resale? (no issues on resale)

6. Does it heat up in mountains or going offroad? ( it depends on how much you floor the throttle) every machine has a capacity and capability, i recently did cholistan rally, GT road and Motorway non stop (15 hours) with no issues to reliability.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@desertdevil

how much would following conversion will cost?

3. Can wee put a TOYOTA petrol engine in it the one now a days used in HIACE? ( yes you can but would need lots of modifications...have heard people putting in 1 kz but have faced issues. it all depends on how expert your mechanic is....not advisable.. you can though put 3.0 v6 mitsu engine in it which is indeed a very robust engine)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@aviator_12

@desertdevil has answered most of your questions very aimably. The 2.5 TD is a good workhorse provided you know its limits. I've clocked 160(full meter) on the GWADAR-KARACHI route while taking on a multivalve criuser, in the same rally jeep which desertdevil did this cholistan rally. Now you really can't compare the two( 2.5TD 4 CYL vs 4.2 TDI 24 valve EFI 6 CYL) but it did give that multivalve guy the run for his money( he could not get past.....he could have if he had kept going for 10-15 more minutes....but he gave up early). The manual shift on the old pajero is the loose end.....does 100 at 3000 revs.....come 120 and you are close to 4000 while the redline is at 4500.....the auto on the other hand flies happily at 120 with only 2800 revs on the tacho....130 at 3000!!!! The temp starts to rise if you continue going over 3000 rpm for a longer duration as very likely on a motorway..... while the auto 2.5 paj torments down the motorway, if that is the capability in question. Heating up in the mountains mostly depends on one's driving style.....believe me I've seen bonnets going up on the mighty LCs while I whizzed past them on my 'ol jero!!! Summing up, the 4D56 does the trick for most as it is good value for money motor, dear friend!!!
    MEN DO IT AT DAKAR!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I would go with Devil Sahib's recommendation about the Mitsubishi 3.0 v6. find the entire kit...engine transmission, and transfer case and you are gonna have a winner on your hands. Petrol with EFI should be fuel efficient as well as powerful. I think a 3 door will rock with 3.0 v6 . Remember also that a mitsu engine in a mitsu vehicle will give you a higher satisfaction as well as resale value.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hmmmmm for 1 kz conversion i think it was cost you 120 k with the gear box....Fishak would be able to give exact price.

For 3.0 V6 mitsu it would cost you around 140K with the gearbox. The good thing is you dont have to do any jugar mods in the engine or gearbox mount with 3.0 v6

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@salmanchaudry

Yes the 6G72 is anyday preferable over the 4D56.... if money is no object!!! It redlines at 6000 revs and cruises at 120 km/h at 3000.....140 @3400....160@ 3600........and this on the SOHC version of the motor..... go DOHC and you are likely to get another 40 horses( 190 )..... the potential is unlimited!!!!
    MEN DO IT AT DAKAR!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ aviator_12

I believe "desertdevil" has very nicely commented on all your points. Last week i heard this thing from someone else also that his jeep was excellent and was in very good condition. (By the way, i salute "desertdevil" for his efforts in maintaining his pajero this way.)

Just keep one thing in mind, "HAVE FAITH IN WHATEVER YOU HAVE", and maintain your pajero in its original or near to original form. I have kept both 3 door and 5 door pajeros with 2400cc intercooler turbo engines but they were both 93 models. One of my regular hunting partner had an 89 model 5 door 2400cc turbo engine with automatic transmission. All these three jeeps were very roughly used with no complaints.

U can put in the 2400cc turbo engine in your pajero. It will be able to run on 120 on motorway with no issues. Very economical and smooth drive. The parts are available and cheap. And as far as the re sale is concerned, good condition vehicles always have good resale, provided you maintain them in their original or near to original form.

Putting in a toyota engine is not at all recommended because of too many modifications.

@ MITSU_MAN
    Brother i would request you not to be sentimental here. As you said and i quote,

"believe me I've seen bonnets going up on the mighty LCs while I whizzed past them on my 'ol jero!!!"

If a vehicle stops on the road, a tanga trolly will also pass it for sure. There is nothing outstanding in passing by a stopped vehicle. We are here to encourage new people to love all 4X4s in a positive way. And to get knowledge of all brands. Yes, positive competition is a part of all this but we should not make it a routine of objecting other brands all the times.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I recently went on Islamabad Lahore motorway. The maximum speed i touched was 135kms.Although it could have gone faster than this but i was not comfortable.
    Parts are easily available, at least in big cities.
    No major heating issues for last 20yrs,apart from once when on GT road the hose pipe burst and went unnoticed till the engine overheated and there was damage to gaskit. However i have not done any serious off-roading,so cannot comment on this aspect.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

1. What speed i can touch on motorway?

2. How costly are the parts?

3. Can wee put a TOYOTA petrol engine in it the one now a days used in HIACE?

4. How much would b a cost for restoring a 3 door n will parts b an issue in lahore? like dashboard,interior items,engine?
    5. R there any issues of its resale?

6. Does it heat up in mountains or going offroad?

1. with a newly hauled engine u can touch full 160km/h(i did on my 89 model 5dr)(2.5l)!

2.parts arent that muchexpensive but r hard to find!

3,yes,a 1kz can b fitted to`t. i was gettin a slightly used for 75k from bilal gunj

4.total cost for restoring a 3dr would b round about 1.5 lac(interior,engine etc) dash n engines r easily available at bilal gunj

5. but resale would b a problem(u wont get what u spent)!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

some parts like engine internals n wirings are very hard to find!!
    dash`s r available for 5-7k not more!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well comparing 1HDFTE or 1HDFT Multivalve with that kind of engine is a serious crime. The 1st gen Pajero is famous for its maintainence problems, suspension and serious engine issues. I have both the 4x4s, 1st gen pajero and the LC and being the first owner of both of them since they were born, I know what piece of crap that pajero is everytime I sit and drive it infront of LC.

Pajero engine was 2 times bored and atlast replaced with a low milage one while the LC is still running the original engine. Mind you, the LC is tuned to max on fuel and boost too!!!!!!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^yar =(
    u can never compare a pajero wid lC
    lc is far far better than pajero in every aspect!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@noman8ff

My dear sir, why would I get sentimental??? If you would be kind enough to read my mail carefully again all I said was about the driving style in mountains that would heat up all kinds of 4x4s if pressed too hard.... no offense was directed at LCs!!!

@saaduk

Dude, you are comparing apples to oranges here.....2.5 jero with 4.2 LC .....3 times the price diff and twice the eng displacement!!! Compare the jero with the 2LT sucker and then you have a race on your hands!!!! The 2LT is 10 times less reliable than the 4D56 any day, ain't it so, amigo???
    MEN DO IT AT DAKAR!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Mitsu Man

I guess I read your reply incorrectly as i thought you were comparing two of those fruits. I do agree what you said about the Toyota L series engines.

MMC rules

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Agreed with "MITSU_MAN" as,

"2.5 jero with 4.2 LC .....3 times the price diff and twice the eng displacement!!! Compare the jero with the 2LT sucker and then you have a race on your hands!!!! The 2LT is 10 times less reliable than the 4D56 any day, ain't it so, amigo???

An important factor is the way you drive. I have experienced the 2400cc turbo engine in 89 model MMC, and if run properly, i found it very good. And if you need some hardcore offroading than there is no limit to power.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Toyota engine not recommended in your pajero.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Toyota engine not recommended in your pajero.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List