1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Puncture prevention !

Has anyone used any products that prevent flat tires, e.g. SLIME.
    I remember seeing a Wrangler at Thar Desert Challenge which boasted the product. Is it any good ?

I'm facing serious issue with flats tires on my Hilux with punctures in the side walls by 'keekar' thorns in interior sindh. I fear I may have to resort to standard steel rims and general tire/tubes due to unavailability of decent puncture repair shops.

Keep in mind, my #1 enemy is the keekar thorn, which does not have mercy on tractor tires even.

TLC FJ90 SWB ~ 1KZ-TE ~ 50mm OEM Lift

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SuhaibKiani View Post
    On side wall tubeless punctures I have successfully used the injection strip method nicely demonstrated by Doctor Sb in the Offroad Pakistan "Chasing Storms in the Thar Desert" video. They has a full puncture kit which had various sizes of nail/needles to be used to insert a sort of gummy strip into the puncture which seals the leak pretty well.

Actually I didn't use it, but the Shell pump chaps at GT Road Gujranwala once saved my life by fixing the leaking front tyre on a fully loaded Cherokee in under 3 mins. BTW Hats off to Gujranwala and Guranwala walas
    @suhaibkiani - Repairing the sidewall is not recommended but people still get their sidewalls repaired. Sidewall repairs are not reliable to trust. The movement that the tire experiences in the sidewall is complex, so any repair has to be able to stand up to that. And unlike the tread area where there is reinforcement in the form of 2 steel belts that don't allow much movement, the sidewall sometimes only has 1 ply - hardly a reassuring amount. But the big thing is the failure rate which could lead on to major accidents. The best suggestion here would be to get your tire changed and maintain proper air pressure and regularly check your tire for a long lasting life.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sarmadqureshi View Post
    The puncture repair kit is standard and used here too. I have it along with an AirMan portable compressor but all these are repair methods which can be tedious when a 65 year old is using the vehicle, in this case my dad.

I have succesfully used the kit and an air freshner to get the tire back on the wheel, but wouldn't want my dad fixing a puncture on a dirt road.
    @sarmadqureshi - can you please tell me which puncture repair kit are you using. We may have a much better alternative for your dad We dont want to see anyone repairing a flat tire on the road.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fahadawan View Post
    i am using slime in my all vehicles that is land cruiser, Mitsubishi Legnum, Honda civic 2004 and Honda civic 1999. I am very happy with it. I love it. I have personaly taken out nails from my tiers but no pressure loss. Slight bubbling in the first 2 days later it was gone as the liquid satteled in the tiers. its too good.
    @fahadawan - great going fahad. Go GREEN GO SLiME.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by salman_m5 View Post
    which side is it? i know the old passport office...any idea about the price?
    @salman_m5 - call me and we will arrange for you. Though we haven't started retailing but introducing it to you would be important to us. Which car do you drive?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Ghilzai View Post
    Any idea where slime is available in lhr.
    @Ghilzai - no not right now! Slime is not available right now but will be soon!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by khurrambkhan View Post
    @suhaibkiani - Repairing the sidewall is not recommended but people still get their sidewalls repaired. Sidewall repairs are not reliable to trust. The movement that the tire experiences in the sidewall is complex, so any repair has to be able to stand up to that. And unlike the tread area where there is reinforcement in the form of 2 steel belts that don't allow much movement, the sidewall sometimes only has 1 ply - hardly a reassuring amount. But the big thing is the failure rate which could lead on to major accidents. The best suggestion here would be to get your tire changed and maintain proper air pressure and regularly check your tire for a long lasting life.
    Khurram, that's my main concern. The side walls get weak and in the heat they are prone to bursting. Have had a bad experience with desert duelers already.

I use an ARB Speedy Seal kit but am running out of stock fast. I'll resort to using the local vulcanizing strips when out.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Khurram, that's my main concern. The side walls get weak and in the heat they are prone to bursting. Have had a bad experience with desert duelers already.

I use an ARB Speedy Seal kit but am running out of stock fast. I'll resort to using the local vulcanizing strips when out.
    Sarmad, even the ARB Speedy Seal kit (correct me if i am wrong) wont repair the sidewall permanently. NOT RECOMMENDED! A tire, generally becomes illegal to drive, when a sidewall puncture is repaired. Why don't you send me some pics of your vehicle tires that have already been repaired and I will see what I can do. BTW how much air pressure do you maintain when driving in the desert. Because lower the air pressure the more the tire becomes susceptible for damage from the sidewall, I believe you will be maintaining a 15-18 psi on your car when in desert. In short, you can't do anything about it but if you use Slime you can atleast save on punctures that actually occur on the tread area for the life of the tire. Let me know when do you plan next for a desert trip and I will try sending you some Slime to check it out. We have excellent products and if you do actually GOOGLE you will learn that we are also the official tire sealant sponsors of the BAJA 500/1000 and TECATE SCORE and DAKAR RALLY. I am sure you will know what I am talking about

As far as you running out of stock on your Speedy Seal Kit, we also will be introducing repair cords in Pakistan. For more information on tire care do visit our website Patch Kits, Plug Kits & Supplies - NEW Slime Quick Spair & Slime Shield and Tire Tackle Kits - NEW Slime Quick Spair & Slime Shield . GO GREEN GO SLiME!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

A good puncture kit, by ARB

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by khurrambkhan View Post
    Sarmad, even the ARB Speedy Seal kit (correct me if i am wrong) wont repair the sidewall permanently. NOT RECOMMENDED! A tire, generally becomes illegal to drive, when a sidewall puncture is repaired. Why don't you send me some pics of your vehicle tires that have already been repaired and I will see what I can do. BTW how much air pressure do you maintain when driving in the desert. Because lower the air pressure the more the tire becomes susceptible for damage from the sidewall, I believe you will be maintaining a 15-18 psi on your car when in desert. In short, you can't do anything about it but if you use Slime you can atleast save on punctures that actually occur on the tread area for the life of the tire. Let me know when do you plan next for a desert trip and I will try sending you some Slime to check it out. We have excellent products and if you do actually GOOGLE you will learn that we are also the official tire sealant sponsors of the BAJA 500/1000 and TECATE SCORE and DAKAR RALLY. I am sure you will know what I am talking about

As far as you running out of stock on your Speedy Seal Kit, we also will be introducing repair cords in Pakistan. For more information on tire care do visit our website Patch Kits, Plug Kits & Supplies - NEW Slime Quick Spair & Slime Shield and Tire Tackle Kits - NEW Slime Quick Spair & Slime Shield . GO GREEN GO SLiME!
    Khurram, I dont run on low pressure much as there's load and tarmac (with broken shoulders) involved. My pressure stays at 26-28.
    The Hilux is out in the desert as I write and should be back in a week's time and I shall assess the damage then.

Where in karachi do you source, I think I have seen a banner at an accessory shop in Phase 2 Ext. Are they authorised dealers ?
    How much cost are we looking at and it is a one time solution or does one need to keep on using the stuff ?

I'm sure i'll be able to get the info on the net, but i'm just a bit lazy with that stuff.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Khurram, I dont run on low pressure much as there's load and tarmac (with broken shoulders) involved. My pressure stays at 26-28.
    The Hilux is out in the desert as I write and should be back in a week's time and I shall assess the damage then.

Where in karachi do you source, I think I have seen a banner at an accessory shop in Phase 2 Ext. Are they authorised dealers ?
    How much cost are we looking at and it is a one time solution or does one need to keep on using the stuff ?

I'm sure i'll be able to get the info on the net, but i'm just a bit lazy with that stuff.
    Slime is applied once to every tire individually and is guaranteed to seal punctures upto 6mm on the tread area of the tire (not including the shoulder and sidewall). The Slime currently available in Pakistan is ideal for OFF-ROAD vehicles and vehicles that travel below 45mph; we are also currently testing out a new product in Islamabad and for the OVER THE ROAD vehicles (high speed application). Slime is excellent and you will have to use it on your off road vehicle to have faith in it. Slime installed once guarantees a seal for up to 2 years!

As far as the banner is concerned, I am yet unaware of the accessory shop that has placed it. Need to inquire through our resellers in Karachi. If you do see a banner in DHA Phase 2 then they are authorized dealers, definitely. Will reconfirm to be sure.

As far as prices are concerned the cost depends entirely on the tire size of the vehicle.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ khurram
    Have you launched slime in Pakistan?Is it available nywhere in Lahore.
    What is your opinion about canned tyre inflators(For those drivers who experience flat tyre situation)
    Canned tire inflators are devices intended to provide a quick, temporary solution to drivers who experience flat tires. These devices seal the punctured tire and then reinflate it with pressurized gas, providing enough pressure to allow the vehicle to be driven for a short period at low speed. This allows the motorist to have the damaged tire professionally repaired or replaced, avoiding the need to replace the wheel at the roadside.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List