Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Red face Check engine light in Mitsubishi Mini Pajero

Guys,

I got Mitsubishi Mini Pajero Automatic EFI Petrol Turbo Model 2000. The check engine light is on and RPM is very unstable, I mean first car starts on normal RPM, during the drive, suddenly check engine light gets on and RPM goes high and after few minutes check engine light get off and RPMs goes dead low and the car gets shut. Also some time its giving problem in starting and its like no petrol OR current is not going to engine but its starts after 8-9 switches.

May be both problems are ocurring for same reason or different reasons are there. I went to 2-3 experienced mechanics but it seems like they cant handle it as they got scared when they see Mini Pajero arriving, really!

I am in Karachi but new in Karachi, PLEASE advice me to WHOM should I go? I went to Tariq Road computer checkup shop but the guy rather than telling me a real problem, start insisting to sale my Pajero to him less than 100k as per market price.

Please help me WITH name, address, location or phone number of the good workshop in Karachi as I m new here!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Ali-Khan View Post
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comCheck engine light in Mitsubishi Mini Pajero - P<o:p></o:p>
    1. Boost sensor is the same as MAP sensor. if you want to confirm then go back to khan motors and remove the grip of the map sensor and you'll get a boost sensor circuit fault code on the diagnostic computer.

2. yes it's related to turbo ... turbo increases air intake and the air pressure also increases in the intake manifold ... map sensor reads the air pressure in the intake manifold.

3. used turbo in khi ... most likely place is shershah. price i have no idea.

change the sensor and test the car before you change the turbo. sensor is much cheaper than a turbo.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have a feeling that you have a primary problem and several secondary problems. You need a good diagnostic workup first.
    Exactly as @VCheng put it, get a proper diagnostic first! Sadly I have been away from Karachi for long enough to recommend a good garage. Let me ask around
    http://i.imgur.com/nMDe1.jpg

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

VCheng, ngen and Konichiwa, thank you very much for your efforts and help.

I am feeling helpless. Everybody just charging a good amount as diagnostic charges and saying different part or sensor name. I heard that in Karachi there is so many good workshop and mechanics but when I went there I come to know that everybody just want to rip you off as there is no tomorrow. They just try their best to take every single penny out from your pocket as long as you can afford.

When thay feel you reach your limit and your budget to spend is end, they start saying "Get rid off this car, typical engine, who suggest you to buy Mitsubishi (or whatever the make and model is.), this is not a good car, sale it off and buy any Suzuki model" bla bla. But actually the thing is they knew that now you don't have money and the last option they can make money from you to make you agree to sale your car and buy you any other model to make commission.

That is the story which is happened to most of my friend and family members who living here. Let see what is going to be happened with me.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

send ya pm !!
    Do You Know The Meaning Of Speed Lanes ???

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List